Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stroud at it again 21:26 - Nov 20 with 5434 viewsstowmarketrange

Everyone’s favourite clown was at it again today at Swansea.He turned down at least 3 penalty shouts for the swans today.It resulted in a draw rather than a win for swansea.
I think he missed 2 penalty shouts the last time he refereed one of their games,which was just before his performance at Bournemouth in our defeat.
Glad to see he spent the international break honing his refereeing skills.
Stroud at it again on 23:15 - Nov 20 with 3436 viewsStanisgod

And still they employ the buffoon, its almost as if the more people complain the more theyll refuse to sack him.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Stroud at it again on 09:45 - Nov 21 with 3105 viewsbosh67

To be fair, or not as the case may be, it's his linesman that f*cked up in the Sunderland game. The fact that he wasn't strong enough to overturn it speaks volumes but essentially it wasn't him looking across the line.

He's not a good ref though, sadly!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Stroud at it again on 10:28 - Nov 21 with 3007 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky highlights only show 1 possible penalty, that never was in a month of Sundays.

No idea about other two but fact they haven't included them says something - no?
Stroud at it again on 11:02 - Nov 21 with 2956 viewsstowmarketrange

Stroud at it again on 10:28 - Nov 21 by PinnerPaul

Sky highlights only show 1 possible penalty, that never was in a month of Sundays.

No idea about other two but fact they haven't included them says something - no?

Two of them were a little dubious but the one in the 2nd half seemed to be a stonewall penalty because he stood on the forward’s foot as he was trying to get a shot off.
Stroud at it again on 11:03 - Nov 21 with 2954 viewspaulhoop2

I think now he will be blamed for any slight infringement whether his fault or not! Against Sunderland he did ok just a Lino error . I can’t remember many refs that overrule an offside to be fair

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Stroud at it again on 11:17 - Nov 21 with 2922 viewsstowmarketrange

Stroud at it again on 11:03 - Nov 21 by paulhoop2

I think now he will be blamed for any slight infringement whether his fault or not! Against Sunderland he did ok just a Lino error . I can’t remember many refs that overrule an offside to be fair

But maybe he should’ve asked when the offside occurred?If it was before Albert’s shot,the lion should’ve flagged straight away.If it was afterwards then Stroud should’ve blown for the penalty and produced a card.
Stroud at it again on 20:57 - Nov 21 with 2687 viewsStanisgod

Stroud at it again on 09:45 - Nov 21 by bosh67

To be fair, or not as the case may be, it's his linesman that f*cked up in the Sunderland game. The fact that he wasn't strong enough to overturn it speaks volumes but essentially it wasn't him looking across the line.

He's not a good ref though, sadly!

So the handball was the linos fault as well was it 😎

And no, I cant let it go 🤐🤐

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Stroud at it again on 00:17 - Nov 22 with 2558 viewsstainrods_elbow

Stroud at it again on 11:02 - Nov 21 by stowmarketrange

Two of them were a little dubious but the one in the 2nd half seemed to be a stonewall penalty because he stood on the forward’s foot as he was trying to get a shot off.

Stroud stood on the forward's foot!? The guy's ineptitude really is bottomless!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Stroud at it again on 16:49 - Nov 22 with 2246 viewsterryb

My Swansea st holding Bridge opponent commented that it was just a normal day at the office for Keithy.

I think Swans fans detest him even more than we do!
Stroud at it again on 16:56 - Nov 22 with 2232 viewsNorthernr

I think generally when the striker moves the ball away from the defender and he stamps on his foot and trips him up that's a penalty.
Stroud at it again on 17:02 - Nov 22 with 2219 viewsWatfordR

Stroud at it again on 16:56 - Nov 22 by Northernr

I think generally when the striker moves the ball away from the defender and he stamps on his foot and trips him up that's a penalty.

Stamping on feet, handling on the line...not necessarily
Stroud at it again on 17:05 - Nov 22 with 2212 viewsterryb

The highlights on You Tube show all three claims.

I would have been going beserk if two of those hadn't been given!
Stroud at it again on 17:12 - Nov 22 with 2186 viewsNorthernr

Stroud at it again on 17:05 - Nov 22 by terryb

The highlights on You Tube show all three claims.

I would have been going beserk if two of those hadn't been given!

The final one is as obvious as they come. What's he got to do shoot him in the foot?

The bloke is a constant liability. It's every week.
Stroud at it again on 17:47 - Nov 22 with 2128 viewsPinnerPaul

Stroud at it again on 17:12 - Nov 22 by Northernr

The final one is as obvious as they come. What's he got to do shoot him in the foot?

The bloke is a constant liability. It's every week.

Yep, agree on that one.

Other two - not a chance.
Stroud at it again on 17:53 - Nov 22 with 2121 viewsAntti_Heinola

Stroud at it again on 17:47 - Nov 22 by PinnerPaul

Yep, agree on that one.

agree, not even close those first two.

Bare bones.

Stroud at it again on 17:58 - Nov 22 with 2105 viewsstowmarketrange

Stroud at it again on 17:47 - Nov 22 by PinnerPaul

Yep, agree on that one.

So what made you change your mind from yesterday’s “Never in a month of Sundays.”
Not a dig,but just curious.
Stroud at it again on 18:34 - Nov 22 with 2079 viewsderbyhoop

I thought the first 2 were questionable, but the 3rd one was nailed on. Only doubt, did he have a good view.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Stroud at it again on 21:52 - Nov 22 with 1971 viewsgazza1

If Stroud is a poor as so many think he would not, still, be referring in this division......
Stroud at it again on 00:18 - Nov 23 with 1902 viewsNorthernr

Stroud at it again on 21:52 - Nov 22 by gazza1

If Stroud is a poor as so many think he would not, still, be referring in this division......

Gaz, with respect, I fear this is another of your sweeping statements not based in fact. As I understand it (Pinner may come and make me look a cnt now...) it's incredibly difficult to permanently relegate or sack a referee based on performance. They might drop a league or two within their classification for a period of time, but that’s it.

The PGMOL (who handle and designate the referees) are hamstrung by employment laws that apply to every business in this country. They have to operate within the same parameters as a parcel delivery company, or a call centre, or a bakery - regardless of the completely unique circumstances of the job. This is why we have a 50-year-old bloke refereeing Spurs v Leeds on Sunday.

You can't relegate or demote people at work for getting old. There is a set retirement age and that's it. If somebody disintegrates physically or mentally before that, or is able to physically or mentally continue beyond it... tough. Referees have a set retirement age. If they're below that and they can pass the fitness test, they're in. The fact Stroud, Woolmer, Kettle and others have disintegrated into absolute liabilities long before the retirement age is, sadly, irrelevant as long as they can get round the track in August. They were promoted up to this level two decades ago (in all three cases) and unless they shake hands on an early retirement and fck off then it's very difficult to shift them. You're leaving yourself open to all manner of unfair dismissal tribunals if you try and force it upon them.

Referees can only be promoted. From lower non-league to upper non-league, from non-league to the EFL, and from EFL to the elite list. To relegate them is fraught with horrendous legal problems. If they're repeatedly getting stuff 'wrong in law' then maybe, but even then I suspect it would be suspension and retraining rather than getting bombed. Gurnham Singh, one of the worst referees of all time, tried to hang them on a racial discrimination charge because he didn’t get promoted, when anybody who’d ever been to one of Gurnham Singh’s games would be able to tell you that he should never have been within 500 miles of a football match ever again.

You get examples, like Chuckles Woolmer, who was just so horrendously bad in the Championship that he only got League One and Two games for a couple of seasons, but he was still on that EFL list and has now crawled his way back to our games. Kettle, while rightly never trusted with Championship games, remains on the EFL list, and can be found royally fcking up Lg 1 and 2 games on the highlights ever week. He will do that until he reaches retirement age. Trevor Kettle was the worst referee in the Championship in 2006, it's now 2021, and it doesn't matter. Stroud can only go sideways, or up, until he’s old enough for them to fck him off. He cannot be sacked or relegated without gross misconduct - Darren Deadman, another horrendously bad referee, went that way. https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/latest-news-city-referee-show

The best chance they had with Stroud was when he got the Newcastle Burton penalty retake wrong in law…

… but they just suspended him for three months and then brought him back.

This creates a bit of a log jam at the top. Our referee on Wednesday, Graham Scott, is now old, has been doing it for a long time, is increasingly being given Championship games rather than Premier League games, but as long as he doesn’t send dick pics to somebody, or say something racial on social media, he’s on that elite list now until he retires. Tottneham Leeds, high energy, fraught, Super Sunday, 4pm, primetime - refereed by Andre Marriner, who is 50. 50. There's a fcking 50 year old trying to keep up with that. What an absolute fcking joke. You can’t sack and demote referees without gross misconduct stuff, and much as we think our Sunderland goal qualifies it doesn’t.

So Stroud, Woolmer, Kettle, Mike Dean… these cnts, they’re around until they breach the retirement age, and there’s nothing you can do about it. The idea that Keith Stroud is actually good, and in fact we just don't see it, and that's why he's still here, is, like I say, another one of your broad brushtrokes not based in fact.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Stroud at it again on 09:07 - Nov 23 with 1738 viewsTheChef

Stroud at it again on 00:18 - Nov 23 by Northernr

Gaz, with respect, I fear this is another of your sweeping statements not based in fact. As I understand it (Pinner may come and make me look a cnt now...) it's incredibly difficult to permanently relegate or sack a referee based on performance. They might drop a league or two within their classification for a period of time, but that’s it.

The PGMOL (who handle and designate the referees) are hamstrung by employment laws that apply to every business in this country. They have to operate within the same parameters as a parcel delivery company, or a call centre, or a bakery - regardless of the completely unique circumstances of the job. This is why we have a 50-year-old bloke refereeing Spurs v Leeds on Sunday.

You can't relegate or demote people at work for getting old. There is a set retirement age and that's it. If somebody disintegrates physically or mentally before that, or is able to physically or mentally continue beyond it... tough. Referees have a set retirement age. If they're below that and they can pass the fitness test, they're in. The fact Stroud, Woolmer, Kettle and others have disintegrated into absolute liabilities long before the retirement age is, sadly, irrelevant as long as they can get round the track in August. They were promoted up to this level two decades ago (in all three cases) and unless they shake hands on an early retirement and fck off then it's very difficult to shift them. You're leaving yourself open to all manner of unfair dismissal tribunals if you try and force it upon them.

Referees can only be promoted. From lower non-league to upper non-league, from non-league to the EFL, and from EFL to the elite list. To relegate them is fraught with horrendous legal problems. If they're repeatedly getting stuff 'wrong in law' then maybe, but even then I suspect it would be suspension and retraining rather than getting bombed. Gurnham Singh, one of the worst referees of all time, tried to hang them on a racial discrimination charge because he didn’t get promoted, when anybody who’d ever been to one of Gurnham Singh’s games would be able to tell you that he should never have been within 500 miles of a football match ever again.

You get examples, like Chuckles Woolmer, who was just so horrendously bad in the Championship that he only got League One and Two games for a couple of seasons, but he was still on that EFL list and has now crawled his way back to our games. Kettle, while rightly never trusted with Championship games, remains on the EFL list, and can be found royally fcking up Lg 1 and 2 games on the highlights ever week. He will do that until he reaches retirement age. Trevor Kettle was the worst referee in the Championship in 2006, it's now 2021, and it doesn't matter. Stroud can only go sideways, or up, until he’s old enough for them to fck him off. He cannot be sacked or relegated without gross misconduct - Darren Deadman, another horrendously bad referee, went that way. https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/latest-news-city-referee-show

The best chance they had with Stroud was when he got the Newcastle Burton penalty retake wrong in law…

This creates a bit of a log jam at the top. Our referee on Wednesday, Graham Scott, is now old, has been doing it for a long time, is increasingly being given Championship games rather than Premier League games, but as long as he doesn’t send dick pics to somebody, or say something racial on social media, he’s on that elite list now until he retires. Tottneham Leeds, high energy, fraught, Super Sunday, 4pm, primetime - refereed by Andre Marriner, who is 50. 50. There's a fcking 50 year old trying to keep up with that. What an absolute fcking joke. You can’t sack and demote referees without gross misconduct stuff, and much as we think our Sunderland goal qualifies it doesn’t.

So Stroud, Woolmer, Kettle, Mike Dean… these cnts, they’re around until they breach the retirement age, and there’s nothing you can do about it. The idea that Keith Stroud is actually good, and in fact we just don't see it, and that's why he's still here, is, like I say, another one of your broad brushtrokes not based in fact.

Cheers Clive!

So in the very unlikely event that a ref is super fit and can still meet the fitness standards each year, they could go on reffing till they're 65 (or whatever the retirement age is these days)?

If so, madness.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Stroud at it again on 09:47 - Nov 23 with 1690 viewsNorthernr

Stroud at it again on 09:07 - Nov 23 by TheChef

Cheers Clive!

So in the very unlikely event that a ref is super fit and can still meet the fitness standards each year, they could go on reffing till they're 65 (or whatever the retirement age is these days)?

If so, madness.

I doubt it's 65, but yeh if you're fit enough it's very difficult for them to be sacked or demoted.

There's then a whole other debate about who exactly there is to take their place if you did start binning them off.
Stroud at it again on 10:13 - Nov 23 with 1643 viewsgazza1

Stroud at it again on 00:18 - Nov 23 by Northernr

Well, if you are basically saying that poor performances from Referees & AR’s cannot be dealt with accordingly then I find that pretty difficult to understand and believe. Not calling you wrong but I find it pretty difficult to believe that a ref who is continually failing, as is suggested many, many times, cannot but disciplined whatever that discipline is.

One small point….in your first para you say ‘cannot be permanently relegated’, if he has been so bad, as has been said by you on numerous occasions, why hasn’t he been ‘temporarily’ relegated further if he is still struggling with his performances??

Sweeping statement eh….I can have my opinions just like you can & do…..just like the rest of the posters on here can.

Going back to Mr. Stroud….my view on Stroud is different from yours which does not make your views correct nor mine. It is a view and mine is not just a sweeping statement,
I have looked and formed an opinion which is what I do.

Sadly, you are a bit like ‘pied piper’ and many, many posters just follow you because you can write good words and you, apparently, are Mr Knowledgeable & their hero!!! Hence why so many have a very similar opinion to you, not just on Stroud. I’m not one of your ‘followers’, I just read your stuff with interest, agree with some and don’t agree with some.

Specifically, with regards to Stroud, so many, you included, always want to pull up his past when he has made a bad call. Just like this thread…..3 penalties — absolute crap!!. ‘Lets jump on him’ is the attitude. Even before he has referred our game, he gets abuse from you & others — wrong imho, lets move on!!!

As an add on - I do not know a top referee that has not made bad decisions….they all make them.

As for his last two games that he has refereed us…B’mouth — I looked back at the match because I did not believe that he ‘done bad’ and I was fed up with your slagging and many of your disciple’s slagging off. In my view he did a decent job at B’mouth, got a couple of things wrong, specifically the sending off of Willock incident which, apparently, Pinner says was not a sending off so that decision was correct one because Willock only kicked him softly!!! And a couple of other things he didn’t get quite right during the match — nothing bad. Likewise, the Sunderland game, all his fault that we lost — if the AR gets it right then we win the game. (Stroud is not in a position to overrule the offside decision). Oh, it was still his fault because he should have seen the handball so it is his fault we lost — more rubbish!!!!

Anyways, I will try my utmost not to post any more, so called, sweeping statements — This will be my New Years resolution!!!!
Stroud at it again on 10:24 - Nov 23 with 1609 viewsstowmarketrange

Stroud at it again on 09:07 - Nov 23 by TheChef

Cheers Clive!

If so, madness.

I thought the retirement for top officials was 47?Several good refs in the past were made to hang up their whistles when they reached that age.Have the rules changed now then?
Stroud at it again on 10:27 - Nov 23 with 1603 viewsgazza1

Stroud at it again on 10:24 - Nov 23 by stowmarketrange

I thought the retirement for top officials was 47?Several good refs in the past were made to hang up their whistles when they reached that age.Have the rules changed now then?

There are Premiership refs in their 50's......Dean, Mariner, Friend.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 10:28]
Stroud at it again on 10:32 - Nov 23 with 1591 viewsstowmarketrange

Stroud at it again on 10:27 - Nov 23 by gazza1

There are Premiership refs in their 50's......Dean, Mariner, Friend.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 10:28]

I saw that mariner was 50 in Clive’s message,but I didn’t know the rules had changed regarding their retirement age.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024