Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"QPR in the Community Trust needs your help" 18:23 - Jun 22 with 1233 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Direct appeal to Supporters on the offish and fb.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/community-news/qpr-in-the-community-trust-needs-your-

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?userUrl

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

"QPR in the Community Trust needs your help" on 18:56 - Jun 22 with 1175 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Done.

However, is the Community Trust FFP deductible? If so why aren’t the Billionaires in charge putting their hands in their pockets?
"QPR in the Community Trust needs your help" on 16:19 - Jun 23 with 941 viewsMedwayR

So let's have this right.

The players have refused to take a pay cut or sacrifice any of their substantial salaries and have only agreed to deferring a percentage of their wages during the coronavirus pandemic.

Now, the QPR in the Community Trust are struggling so the begging bowl gets thrust in the direction of the fans who are likely going to be struggling themselves at the moment. How about the club looks closer to home and stops treating fans as a cash cow to be milked. Many fans have already sacrificed their ST refunds to help the club and now this pops up.

The football industry is sick and is in urgent need of fixing, that starts with players wages and payments to agents. Until this happens clubs shouldn't keep on expecting the fans to bail them out.

Poll: Who’s better?

"QPR in the Community Trust needs your help" on 16:52 - Jun 23 with 921 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

"QPR in the Community Trust needs your help" on 16:19 - Jun 23 by MedwayR

The players have refused to take a pay cut or sacrifice any of their substantial salaries and have only agreed to deferring a percentage of their wages during the coronavirus pandemic.

Now, the QPR in the Community Trust are struggling so the begging bowl gets thrust in the direction of the fans who are likely going to be struggling themselves at the moment. How about the club looks closer to home and stops treating fans as a cash cow to be milked. Many fans have already sacrificed their ST refunds to help the club and now this pops up.

The football industry is sick and is in urgent need of fixing, that starts with players wages and payments to agents. Until this happens clubs shouldn't keep on expecting the fans to bail them out.

First off I’m not looking to make an argument. You make some valid points about football in general.

I don’t think the linked article specifically singles out fans. I’m sure the players are welcome to make donations too or contribute in some way. Maybe they do already. Also I seem to remember members of the board/ex players making some of the larger donations in the #walkfromhomeappeal.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

"QPR in the Community Trust needs your help" on 16:59 - Jun 23 with 906 viewsJuzzie

"QPR in the Community Trust needs your help" on 16:19 - Jun 23 by MedwayR

Pretty much how the country's economy works.

Banks fk up, tax payer bails them out.

I want to help the club out but this global situation is putting a strain on finances at home.

I've said it often enough on here so I'm sure most people know my stance but player's salaries are beyond a joke. 17k a week (£844,000 p/a) for someone at Hull who no one has heard of.
I don't subscribe to any of this 'it's a short career' 'they have mortgages too' etc. They can pay off their, most likely lavish, house in 1-2 years if they don't go all stupid and try and buy somewhere that only Bernie Ecclestone could afford.
With a lovely nice house all paid off if they were injured and have to get a 'normal' job then their biggest asset is paid off and they still have the proceeds from the rest of their contract so will still be sitting on £1-2m+.

It's so tough being a footballer in the top two divisions......
"QPR in the Community Trust needs your help" on 17:30 - Jun 23 with 868 viewsTGRRRSSS

"QPR in the Community Trust needs your help" on 16:52 - Jun 23 by CliveWilsonSaid

First off I’m not looking to make an argument. You make some valid points about football in general.

I don’t think the linked article specifically singles out fans. I’m sure the players are welcome to make donations too or contribute in some way. Maybe they do already. Also I seem to remember members of the board/ex players making some of the larger donations in the #walkfromhomeappeal.

It doesn't single out fans, but who else do you suppose they are writing to via the QPR website???

It's difficult and I do understand but you still kind of feel football "doesn't" get it atm.

We'll know more I imagine come the Autumn regards the economy and stuff.

It does stick a bit when you see some of the wages that is forked out in football, but like I say - for some maybe a correction of sorts is coming.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024