Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our yorkshire farm. 18:13 - Apr 3 with 1534 viewsqpr_1968

been watching a series about a yorkshire man and his mrs with 9 kids, brilliant viewing.
all mucking in on their farm, hard work and fun, good and bad days, but overall succesful.

anyone owned or bought up on a farm.
used to go to the inlaws farms in sligo but seemed like a lot of hard graft, but always fun down on the farm..aaaaarrrrgh.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Our yorkshire farm. on 18:23 - Apr 3 with 1500 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well, I spent my childhood weekends on my Grandparents' farms. Noisy places, lots of smells. Can't say I ever fell in love with it.

You're not wrong about the hard graft. My friends who have farms work all the hours God gives. It's unreal.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Our yorkshire farm. on 18:33 - Apr 3 with 1469 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Some of my old school mates own or owned farms, also with funny smells.

Some now reside in the Scrubs.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 18:53]
Our yorkshire farm. on 18:35 - Apr 3 with 1462 viewsDorse

Our yorkshire farm. on 18:33 - Apr 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

Some of my old school mates own or owned farms, also with funny smells.

Some now reside in the Scrubs.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 18:53]

How do they smell?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Our yorkshire farm. on 18:44 - Apr 3 with 1445 viewsdontknowitall

I used to stay on a relatives farm during the school holidays to 'help with the harvesting' which generally involved them doing the harvesting and me doing anything but....

On one memorable occasion we were in a field and I discovered a cute little harvest mouse which I commented on. 'Where?' said the farmer. Having proudly pointed it out there quickly followed a squelch as the farmer stomped on it with his size 9....

Mortified I said 'What did you do that for?' to which I received a lecture about how quickly they breed and all the harm they do....

That was 40 odd years ago and i still feel bad about it now!
Our yorkshire farm. on 18:52 - Apr 3 with 1408 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Our yorkshire farm. on 18:35 - Apr 3 by Dorse

How do they smell?

Fcking terrible.
Our yorkshire farm. on 20:04 - Apr 3 with 1309 viewsMrSheen

My grandparents were dairy farmers, 5 o’clock start every day of your life. When my parents went over they stuck with suckler cattle (beef calves) and sheep, a slightly easier life.

Ewe afterbirth, you never forget the smell.
Our yorkshire farm. on 20:22 - Apr 3 with 1276 viewsBoston

Our yorkshire farm. on 18:44 - Apr 3 by dontknowitall

I used to stay on a relatives farm during the school holidays to 'help with the harvesting' which generally involved them doing the harvesting and me doing anything but....

On one memorable occasion we were in a field and I discovered a cute little harvest mouse which I commented on. 'Where?' said the farmer. Having proudly pointed it out there quickly followed a squelch as the farmer stomped on it with his size 9....

Mortified I said 'What did you do that for?' to which I received a lecture about how quickly they breed and all the harm they do....

That was 40 odd years ago and i still feel bad about it now!

We dontknow where you live....yet.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Our yorkshire farm. on 20:23 - Apr 3 with 1275 viewsBoston

Our yorkshire farm. on 20:04 - Apr 3 by MrSheen

My grandparents were dairy farmers, 5 o’clock start every day of your life. When my parents went over they stuck with suckler cattle (beef calves) and sheep, a slightly easier life.

Ewe afterbirth, you never forget the smell.

...or the taste.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Our yorkshire farm. on 21:08 - Apr 3 with 1208 viewsloftboy

What is it with TV and fûcking Yorkshire? Farm, vets, new one coming up Auction house, there’s bangers for cash, and fûcking Sean Bean and his flipping tea, don’t get me started on James Herriot and his arm up a cows arse.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Our yorkshire farm. on 21:11 - Apr 3 with 1203 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Our yorkshire farm. on 21:08 - Apr 3 by loftboy

What is it with TV and fûcking Yorkshire? Farm, vets, new one coming up Auction house, there’s bangers for cash, and fûcking Sean Bean and his flipping tea, don’t get me started on James Herriot and his arm up a cows arse.

Maybe that's the only place they can film atm.

Similar with Cornwall programmes.

Levelling up?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Our yorkshire farm. on 21:23 - Apr 3 with 1168 viewsqpr_1968

you'll have to stop watching them, not good for your health.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Our yorkshire farm. on 21:54 - Apr 3 with 1133 viewsOldPedro

Don't forget Gentleman Jack, Ackley Bridge, Happy Valley, Yorkshire Steam Railway, Open All Hours, Touch of Frost.............

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Our yorkshire farm. on 21:56 - Apr 3 with 1128 viewshantssi

Our yorkshire farm. on 21:54 - Apr 3 by OldPedro

Don't forget Gentleman Jack, Ackley Bridge, Happy Valley, Yorkshire Steam Railway, Open All Hours, Touch of Frost.............

And of course.... Dirty Lids!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024