Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford 18:02 - Jan 24 with 3606 viewsDoudou87

Makes me feel so grateful for the way our club is run.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Watford on 18:10 - Jan 24 with 2884 viewsToast_R

Dilly Ding Dilly Gone
Watford on 18:14 - Jan 24 with 2861 viewsKonk

Watford's owners presumably didn't pay any attention to the fact that he was a complete disaster for us on his last spell managing in England.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Watford on 18:21 - Jan 24 with 2801 viewsLowerloftLad

So since January 2018 Watford have had 9 managers including caretaker managers with number 10 to be hired soon enough, My guess will be number 11 will be hired for the start of there championship season.

In a complete contrast Brentford lose four on the trot with man city away in the league next and give frank a new contract.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 18:26]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Watford on 18:24 - Jan 24 with 2768 viewsWatfordR

You're right of course, however they, like Newcastle, like Norwich, like Fulham, can run the club however they want and yoyo between the Prem and the Championship secure in the knowledge that the Prem money will guarantee promotion straight back.

We've got get ourselves there first of all, but if we do that and stay faithful to the blueprint we've put in place, what it suggests to me is that we could establish ourselves in the Prem within 7-10 years.

And we as fans have to play our part and recognise that those first few forays into the Prem and the results that go with them are not so important. We've really got a chance to grow as a club but it won't happen overnight.
Watford on 18:29 - Jan 24 with 2731 viewsQPR_John

Watford on 18:24 - Jan 24 by WatfordR

You're right of course, however they, like Newcastle, like Norwich, like Fulham, can run the club however they want and yoyo between the Prem and the Championship secure in the knowledge that the Prem money will guarantee promotion straight back.

We've got get ourselves there first of all, but if we do that and stay faithful to the blueprint we've put in place, what it suggests to me is that we could establish ourselves in the Prem within 7-10 years.

And we as fans have to play our part and recognise that those first few forays into the Prem and the results that go with them are not so important. We've really got a chance to grow as a club but it won't happen overnight.

You are right of course but is it not a sad reflection of what football has become
Watford on 18:37 - Jan 24 with 2690 viewsWatfordR

Watford on 18:29 - Jan 24 by QPR_John

You are right of course but is it not a sad reflection of what football has become

Actually, our idea of looking to a medium to long term growth is imo exactly what football ought to be. Do it right, within sustainable budgets, use the "windfall" of the Prem to improve the club infrastructure, and keep building always with an eye to future opportunities.

Every other club that screws up gives us a chance to go past them. I'm really happy with that, given that I couldn't actually care less about the rest of them.
Watford on 18:57 - Jan 24 with 2587 viewsParkRoyalR

Watford on 18:14 - Jan 24 by Konk

Watford's owners presumably didn't pay any attention to the fact that he was a complete disaster for us on his last spell managing in England.

I would have sacked him Flavia Briatore style midway through the 2nd Half at Brentford when he substituted his only holding midfield player (Tom Cleverly) and brought on another player with dyed blond hair.

A bit Roy Keane I know, but just like you never wanted more than one player in your Sunday team with coloured boots, having 3 players on the pitch at the one time with dyed blond hair raises the the white flag imo.
Watford on 19:06 - Jan 24 with 2554 viewsJuzzie

Watford on 18:21 - Jan 24 by LowerloftLad

So since January 2018 Watford have had 9 managers including caretaker managers with number 10 to be hired soon enough, My guess will be number 11 will be hired for the start of there championship season.

In a complete contrast Brentford lose four on the trot with man city away in the league next and give frank a new contract.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 18:26]

IMO caretakers shouldn’t count as they are a consequence of a manager being sacked and just short term until the next incumbent is in place.

It’s still staggering how many permanent Managers they have had and as Clive often says, how many times can you hire & fire before realising that maybe the problem isn’t necessarily always with the Manager.
Login to get fewer ads

Watford on 19:57 - Jan 24 with 2403 viewsCiderwithRsie

Watford on 19:06 - Jan 24 by Juzzie

IMO caretakers shouldn’t count as they are a consequence of a manager being sacked and just short term until the next incumbent is in place.

It’s still staggering how many permanent Managers they have had and as Clive often says, how many times can you hire & fire before realising that maybe the problem isn’t necessarily always with the Manager.

I take your point, but adding them in does rather reinforce the point that it's a forced change due to perceived crisis rather than a planned succession.
Watford on 20:21 - Jan 24 with 2320 viewsBostonR

The PL will not exist as we know it today in 10yrs time. The big six will feck off to the SuperLeague or whatever they call it.

Great if that happens and we are part of PL 1&2 with the FA Cup actually meaning something and a revamped European Cup.
Watford on 20:40 - Jan 24 with 2242 viewsloftus77

Stuff 'em - don't care about them- but something has been niggling me since the weekend. Please snuff it out quickly:

Watford - they wouldn't, would they? More pertinently, he wouldn't, would he?! Previous coaching role etc.

If I were Watford, I know what I would be doing.....
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 20:57]
Watford on 20:58 - Jan 24 with 2187 viewsSimplyNico

They do a good impression of being the worst run club in English football. Why did they keep Ranieri so long? They got rid of Flores after 85 days and he had a better record (he is now doing well in Spain having taken Getafe off the bottom of La Liga, beating Real Madrid in the process).
Watford on 22:36 - Jan 24 with 2000 viewsHastings_Hoops

Watford on 20:40 - Jan 24 by loftus77

Stuff 'em - don't care about them- but something has been niggling me since the weekend. Please snuff it out quickly:

Watford - they wouldn't, would they? More pertinently, he wouldn't, would he?! Previous coaching role etc.

No - for exactly the reasons set out above. Watford are far from strategic.

Warbs doesn’t need the money, he is enjoying the project. Why switch a club and management/director team who match his philosophy for one which doesn’t?
Watford on 22:48 - Jan 24 with 1945 viewsstainrods_elbow

I don't agree with the cringingly capitalist view that owners can run football clubs as they want just because they hold the purse strings. Those lowlife owners are mostly further corroding the British game and the profession of football management, and, if the PL had a sliver of guts, they'd kick Pozzo and his cretinous crew into a Venetian sewer.

I feel sorry for Watford fans, sorry for football, and sorrier still for apologists like this poster.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 22:51]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Watford on 22:55 - Jan 24 with 1928 viewseghamranger

Roy Hodgson they reckon . Not a bad short term fix, he could keep them up and knows the league
Watford on 22:58 - Jan 24 with 1922 viewsStainrod

To me the Premier League isn't 20 clubs. Its more like 25. By that I mean there are about 10 clubs who are always in the Premier League, another five who are trying to become fixtures, and another five who rotate. Then below that in the Championship there are are another five or so clubs who variously slot into one of the two higher categories mentioned.

If we go up I don't for a minute think we will stay there continuously but it is essential for the growth of the club that we become one of those 25 or so top clubs in England. At the moment and historically we are probably right on the borderline. The 300m from being in the Premier League would, for example, go a huge way to financing a new stadium. Its that much of a game changer.

But to be sure of remaining one of those 25 clubs you need stability - as the likes of Norwich or Burnley show. They might go down this year, but you sense they will be back when they do because they are sanely run. Watford not so much.
Watford on 23:11 - Jan 24 with 1876 viewsBoston

Watford on 22:55 - Jan 24 by eghamranger

Roy Hodgson they reckon . Not a bad short term fix, he could keep them up and knows the league

And why not? All the mentions of Norwich and Fulham but Palace didn't mimic a yoyo.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Watford on 23:12 - Jan 24 with 1871 viewsBoston

Watford on 22:48 - Jan 24 by stainrods_elbow

I don't agree with the cringingly capitalist view that owners can run football clubs as they want just because they hold the purse strings. Those lowlife owners are mostly further corroding the British game and the profession of football management, and, if the PL had a sliver of guts, they'd kick Pozzo and his cretinous crew into a Venetian sewer.

I feel sorry for Watford fans, sorry for football, and sorrier still for apologists like this poster.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 22:51]

Red Star Belgrade is it?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Watford on 02:25 - Jan 25 with 1750 viewsLoftgirl

Watford on 06:49 - Jan 25 with 1648 viewsnix

I don't think he would. He doesn't need the money, Watford don't respect their manager, he wouldn't have the same amount of say in things like transfers etc and he'd be out on his ear in nine months time. He's building something at Rangers, generally liked by the fans, respected by the board, got a great back up team. I don't think he'd leave now.
Watford on 09:07 - Jan 25 with 1505 viewsRs_Holy

Watford on 22:55 - Jan 24 by eghamranger

it wont be pretty but he could do it!
Watford on 09:32 - Jan 25 with 1446 viewsShotKneesHoop

If that happens- expect Warnock and Redknobb to start looking at quarterly rail season ticket to Watford Junction, Neil would save them and Redknobb would fleece them!

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Watford on 09:38 - Jan 25 with 1430 viewsloftus77

Watford on 06:49 - Jan 25 by nix

I don't think he would. He doesn't need the money, Watford don't respect their manager, he wouldn't have the same amount of say in things like transfers etc and he'd be out on his ear in nine months time. He's building something at Rangers, generally liked by the fans, respected by the board, got a great back up team. I don't think he'd leave now.

Yep - panic over - looking like Hodgson now . Strange move for them IMHO but that goes with their club. Glad its not mine.
Watford on 09:43 - Jan 25 with 1417 viewsAntti_Heinola

Watford on 18:14 - Jan 24 by Konk

Claudio is lovely, but agree. He was a disaster with you and there wasn't a single reason to believe he would be any different at Watford. Baffling decision.

Bare bones.

Watford on 10:07 - Jan 25 with 1384 viewsShotKneesHoop

This decision is no stranger than the last one. Warnock or Redknobb to be appointed at the end of the season

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024