Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Too many bloody repeats - Report 21:35 - Feb 6 with 6005 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/56967
Too many bloody repeats - Report on 21:41 - Feb 6 with 4002 viewsQPsyR

Exactly NorthenR When will we ever learn?

QPR innit

FKA AcidPixie

Too many bloody repeats - Report on 22:04 - Feb 6 with 3859 viewsGloryHunter

Well done Clive. Amazed that you manage to keep such a level head to report objectively on this kind of disappointment.
Too many bloody repeats - Report on 22:08 - Feb 6 with 3834 viewsParkRoyalR

Great work digging the bones out of that one, was in the side stand yesterday and thought there was a clear handball for their 1st goal and thought Dykes was tripped from behind around the 83rd'ish minute for what I thought was a clear penalty.

Different view from where we stood but interested if those stood behind the goal saw or thought the same on theses two key incidents.
Too many bloody repeats - Report on 22:16 - Feb 6 with 3793 viewsE17hoop

Well done for that. Disappointed we didn't get the xS for Marshall songs....

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Too many bloody repeats - Report on 22:31 - Feb 6 with 3728 viewsdaveB

It was an odd game, I thought we played quite well first half, were by far the better side but gave away a really poor goal. I think if Albert scores his chance or Dykes gets that penalty which looked blatant to me we probably win the game but was one of those where we had loads of the ball but never really created much for the front 2 and were far too slow with the ball in the final third.

We're also an odd team, I'll be honest we're in February now and I still don't know if we are any good or not, i think the next few weeks will be crucial for us and decide if it's a top 2 push or playoff fight
Too many bloody repeats - Report on 23:35 - Feb 6 with 3532 viewskensalriser

I know what you mean. Although our GD is now level with our league position I feel like we haven't been racking up those regular 2-0 home wins that characterise serious promotion contenders - only five of our fifteen wins have been by more than one goal and only twice have we won really convincingly. We'll learn more Wednesday.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Too many bloody repeats - Report on 02:11 - Feb 7 with 3386 viewsnadera78

Too many bloody repeats - Report on 22:31 - Feb 6 by daveB

It was an odd game, I thought we played quite well first half, were by far the better side but gave away a really poor goal. I think if Albert scores his chance or Dykes gets that penalty which looked blatant to me we probably win the game but was one of those where we had loads of the ball but never really created much for the front 2 and were far too slow with the ball in the final third.

We're also an odd team, I'll be honest we're in February now and I still don't know if we are any good or not, i think the next few weeks will be crucial for us and decide if it's a top 2 push or playoff fight

Agree fully with this. I keep expecting (hoping?) a gear change, where we kick on and really start playing some excellent football but the longer it goes on the less likely it feels. Can't quite get a handle on this team.
Too many bloody repeats - Report on 07:48 - Feb 7 with 3182 viewsNorthernr

Too many bloody repeats - Report on 22:16 - Feb 6 by E17hoop

Well done for that. Disappointed we didn't get the xS for Marshall songs....

Awayday to come...
Login to get fewer ads

Too many bloody repeats - Report on 08:47 - Feb 7 with 3046 viewsRs_Holy

Guess I'm in the minority as I'm glad we are out of the cup... I will be really pizza'd off tho if we put in a sub-standard performance against Boro on Wednesday.
Too many bloody repeats - Report on 09:46 - Feb 7 with 2879 viewsloftus77

Yep — superb report again, thank you.

It’s a real ‘Marmite’ situation this, isn’t it? Suspect the Rfosi divides almost exactly 50/50.

I’m firmly in the traditional camp on this and I suspect (quietly IMHO) that Clive might be too….

That home tie with Man City would have been a cracker. And if you are in the ‘League Above All’ camp, the a shot at the league leaders of the division above would have been a useful marker and statement of where we are, no? And even if it had been Stoke/Huddersfield away, it would have given extra dimension, ‘spark’ and momentum to any season. The Brentford, Brighton examples which Clive referenced are really important IMHO.

Also, this year is the 40th anniversary of 1982 and the club (rightly) is marking this impressively — which kind of answers the question, doesn’t it? Unless in the year 2058, they mark the ‘16th place triumph in the second tier’ in the same way?

Just feels hollow this morning — which is a shame.
Too many bloody repeats - Report on 09:51 - Feb 7 with 2861 viewsNorthernr

Too many bloody repeats - Report on 09:46 - Feb 7 by loftus77

It’s a real ‘Marmite’ situation this, isn’t it? Suspect the Rfosi divides almost exactly 50/50.

I’m firmly in the traditional camp on this and I suspect (quietly IMHO) that Clive might be too….

That home tie with Man City would have been a cracker. And if you are in the ‘League Above All’ camp, the a shot at the league leaders of the division above would have been a useful marker and statement of where we are, no? And even if it had been Stoke/Huddersfield away, it would have given extra dimension, ‘spark’ and momentum to any season. The Brentford, Brighton examples which Clive referenced are really important IMHO.

Also, this year is the 40th anniversary of 1982 and the club (rightly) is marking this impressively — which kind of answers the question, doesn’t it? Unless in the year 2058, they mark the ‘16th place triumph in the second tier’ in the same way?

Nothing quiet about it, I'm definitely in the traditional camp. It's just that this season might be a special case. I am torn on it.
Too many bloody repeats - Report on 10:02 - Feb 7 with 2825 viewsTheChef

"Rfosi"???

Dear oh dear

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Too many bloody repeats - Report on 10:03 - Feb 7 with 2819 viewsloftus77

Too many bloody repeats - Report on 10:02 - Feb 7 by TheChef

"Rfosi"???

Dear oh dear

Apologies - its a word I picked up on this site a while back...
Too many bloody repeats - Report on 10:21 - Feb 7 with 2764 viewsstevec

Too many bloody repeats - Report on 10:03 - Feb 7 by loftus77

Apologies - its a word I picked up on this site a while back...

Googled it and still none the wiser
Too many bloody repeats - Report on 10:33 - Feb 7 with 2755 viewsfrancisbowles

Great report, agree with all of it. Like you and a lot of our fans a bit divided on the rights and wrongs of it. Thinking positively, we gave it a go, not our best shot, but got beaten by a determined team that defended well in numbers, managed to block everything, had a mom goalkeeper and got a fortunate lead as well as a breakaway near the end. We should have done better but alas.....

It's right that we prioritise the league this year and resting Willock and our other regulars is a decision that had to be made. Middlesbrough, Forest and others are on good form and we will need CW and the rest to remain competitive and keep picking up points.
Wednesday will be very difficult, Wilder will know our weaknesses and they have pace in their team which will be very hard to handle. We definitely need our strongest eleven to have any chance.

Whatever happens, our season still has a long way to go. We mustn't fall into the old ways of beating up the players and manager over performances that were below standard and decisions that were taken but didn't work out. Nobody gets everything correct. The key is to get the vast majority right. We need to stay behind them to ensure we go the distance.
Too many bloody repeats - Report on 10:36 - Feb 7 with 2729 viewsRs_Holy

Too many bloody repeats - Report on 10:21 - Feb 7 by stevec

Googled it and still none the wiser

I'm guessing its a twist on the phrase Tifosi???... probably wrong mind :)
Too many bloody repeats - Report on 10:43 - Feb 7 with 2683 viewsTheChef

Too many bloody repeats - Report on 10:36 - Feb 7 by Rs_Holy

I'm guessing its a twist on the phrase Tifosi???... probably wrong mind :)

Well yeah - just sounds really naff!

Too many bloody repeats - Report on 13:22 - Feb 7 with 2361 viewsBurnleyhoop

Too many bloody repeats - Report on 02:11 - Feb 7 by nadera78

Agree fully with this. I keep expecting (hoping?) a gear change, where we kick on and really start playing some excellent football but the longer it goes on the less likely it feels. Can't quite get a handle on this team.

We were at our very best last season when we had JoJo, Field, Willock and Chair occupying the midfield. How often this season have we had that four playing at the same time?

Genuine question………
Too many bloody repeats - Report on 13:33 - Feb 7 with 2312 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Too many bloody repeats - Report on 13:22 - Feb 7 by Burnleyhoop

We were at our very best last season when we had JoJo, Field, Willock and Chair occupying the midfield. How often this season have we had that four playing at the same time?

Genuine question………

I don’t know the answer to your question but I’m hoping that’s our midfield on Wednesday!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Too many bloody repeats - Report on 13:55 - Feb 7 with 2274 viewsNorthernr

Too many bloody repeats - Report on 13:33 - Feb 7 by CliveWilsonSaid

I don’t know the answer to your question but I’m hoping that’s our midfield on Wednesday!

Assuming Dieng and Gray are back, I think Wednesday will be our first completely fully fit and available squad of the season.
Too many bloody repeats - Report on 14:12 - Feb 7 with 2235 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The irony is we beat Peterboro and we land the Man City tie.....which brings us the money we needed to sign Paterson.
Too many bloody repeats - Report on 14:15 - Feb 7 with 2223 viewsTheChef

Too many bloody repeats - Report on 14:12 - Feb 7 by Wegerles_Stairs

The irony is we beat Peterboro and we land the Man City tie.....which brings us the money we needed to sign Paterson.

Glad to hear that Paterson is still the answer to all of QPR's woes, and in fact us signing him will bring about World Peace.

Too many bloody repeats - Report on 14:23 - Feb 7 with 2190 viewsloneranger1

Disappointing but as well covered above, if we get a result on Wednesday (and have a good February), then it's all good.

I found the lack of creativity once Johansen and Chair were off the pitch quite painful to watch, to be honest. We never looked like creating a clear chance, never mind scoring....
Not sure what has happened to Dozzell, but trying not to be critical on the back of being thrown on for half an hour in a poor second half performance. He was great against Everton and provided that great assist for Gray at Cardiff a while back, but doesn't seem to have had much of a look in since Field and Amos returned, wonder how his confidence has been affected.

Happy to give Austin the benefit of the doubt but would like to see more of the hunger shown against Everton and West Brom (on as a sub in the latter, admittedly). Let's hope Gray is back to at least play a bit of a part against Middlesborough - we have an intense month ahead and will need a combination of all 3 forwards if it's going to be a good month.

I try to always be supportive of new players, and love it when the patience pays off - but I just do not see what Thomas brings to the party at our level, I'm afraid (I wasn't at Coventry and know he was supposed to have been very good when coming on then).
Onwards and upwards, starting on Wednesday - COYRs!
Too many bloody repeats - Report on 14:58 - Feb 7 with 2126 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Too many bloody repeats - Report on 14:15 - Feb 7 by TheChef

Glad to hear that Paterson is still the answer to all of QPR's woes, and in fact us signing him will bring about World Peace.

I'm not suggesting he is, more bemoaning the short-sightedness of not playing your best team in winnable cup games.
Too many bloody repeats - Report on 15:13 - Feb 7 with 2093 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Strongly agree with this.Man City with all that talent playing in front of a full house ready to explode when we score is truly the essence of the FA Cup.Not to mention the financial windfall plus the interest from around the entire globe ,and if we won WOW.
But football is cruel sometimes and lots of people pointed out we did not throw away that game Saturday just got beaten I guess
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024