Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? 11:43 - Jun 22 with 2171 viewsnewgolddream

'Queens Park Rangers are the only relegated Premier League side in the first round and they are away to Exeter City but they will have to take this competition seriously, they have no choice.

They have to do something and get to the latter stages, not for the money, but for the pride of the individual footballer and the manger - the players themselves won’t be happy with how it ended last year and they will come out absolutely flying'
Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 12:02 - Jun 22 with 1938 viewsHollowayRanger

so thats 0-2 exeter then

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 12:53 - Jun 22 with 1863 viewsSpiritofGregory

Play the youngsters in this cup. Why risk the first team. Our priority is to get back into the Premier League.
Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 14:23 - Jun 22 with 1786 viewsMytch_QPR

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 12:53 - Jun 22 by SpiritofGregory

Play the youngsters in this cup. Why risk the first team. Our priority is to get back into the Premier League.

I couldn't give a monkeys about the Premier League - I'd rather see us having a day in the sun at Wembley and reclaiming the League Cup.

The Premier League is the most exciting league in the world because...
Sky Sports and the media in general keep telling us it is - so it must be.

Quick straw poll, anyone?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 14:34 - Jun 22 with 1768 viewsN12Hoop

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 14:23 - Jun 22 by Mytch_QPR

I couldn't give a monkeys about the Premier League - I'd rather see us having a day in the sun at Wembley and reclaiming the League Cup.

Would take a cup win over promotion for sure.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 14:35 - Jun 22 with 1763 viewsHordleHoop

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 14:23 - Jun 22 by Mytch_QPR

I'm all for a Cup run myself.
Won't get my hopes up though
Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 14:35 - Jun 22 with 1757 viewsHollowayRanger

best chance of a day out at wembley is the playoffs

top 3-6 finish

then a win and a draw in semis

i perfer the championship by a country mile and yet even that is about to be destroyed by skys money next seasons religated teams come down with what £20 million each? soon it will be the same religated teams going up each time which is why WE have to bounch back quick just so that we get on that gravy train

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 15:01 - Jun 22 with 1722 viewsSpiritofGregory

I want our club back in the Premier League and that's what the board want too, there is no way they'll enjoy seeing us in the lower leagues, that's not why they bought the club. I'm not interested in any other league. We may have had a turbulent time in the Premier League but that was our own stupid fault when you consider the money we had at our disposal. I loved looking forward to playing every game last season and the season before.

It's about time our fans expected more, no wonder our players take the pis$ out of us. Can't wait to get back into the Premier League. It's what I expect, I haven't forgotten that Tony Fernandes bought us when we were a Premier League therefore he has a responsibility to get us back there. Looking forward to a new stadium as well, Loftus Rd is now an embarrassment.
Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 15:07 - Jun 22 with 1714 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Agreed.The premier league isnt the best league in England, let alone the world.
Login to get fewer ads

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 15:19 - Jun 22 with 1699 viewsMytch_QPR

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 15:01 - Jun 22 by SpiritofGregory

I want our club back in the Premier League and that's what the board want too, there is no way they'll enjoy seeing us in the lower leagues, that's not why they bought the club. I'm not interested in any other league. We may have had a turbulent time in the Premier League but that was our own stupid fault when you consider the money we had at our disposal. I loved looking forward to playing every game last season and the season before.

It's about time our fans expected more, no wonder our players take the pis$ out of us. Can't wait to get back into the Premier League. It's what I expect, I haven't forgotten that Tony Fernandes bought us when we were a Premier League therefore he has a responsibility to get us back there. Looking forward to a new stadium as well, Loftus Rd is now an embarrassment.

I was more embarassed of the team than I was by Loftus Rd last season. Let's start seeing a team playing with pride first before we even contemplate the over-hyped Premier League and a new HQ.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 16:33 - Jun 22 with 1639 viewsQPR_John

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 15:19 - Jun 22 by Mytch_QPR

I was more embarassed of the team than I was by Loftus Rd last season. Let's start seeing a team playing with pride first before we even contemplate the over-hyped Premier League and a new HQ.

So you want a team with pride rather than a winning team
Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 18:47 - Jun 22 with 1550 viewsTacticalR

Out of interest, why has Dion Dublin taken it upon himself to advise QPR to win football matches?

Air hostess clique

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 21:00 - Jun 22 with 1487 viewsnewgolddream

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 18:47 - Jun 22 by TacticalR

Out of interest, why has Dion Dublin taken it upon himself to advise QPR to win football matches?

Dion Dublin was speaking on behalf of credit card company Capital One, sponsor of The League Cup.
Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 21:40 - Jun 22 with 1450 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I would take a cup game at Wembley and a 9th spot finish anyday

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 23:11 - Jun 22 with 1383 viewsDesertBoot

A top ten finish with a team giving their all in every game will suffice. Last season was the pits.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 23:16 - Jun 22 with 1376 viewsqprmick

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 16:33 - Jun 22 by QPR_John

So you want a team with pride rather than a winning team

They go hand in hand, IMO.

Qprmick

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 23:28 - Jun 22 with 1369 viewsBushman

Let's face it our two seasons in the premier league were pony apart from the home game run in at the end of the season even then we were losing all the away games.

As it has been pointed out before what is the point if being in a league you have no chance of winning or even finishing in the top 5?

I prefer the championship no of games,more open league,less tourists & being able to drink beer in a proper glass without waiting 1/2 hour to get served etc.

I do still feel nostalgic for the QPR days when all the "big" clubs knew they would get a game down the bush and more often then not we would beat them and then loose the next home match to Coventry!

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 23:39 - Jun 22 with 1362 viewsShotKneesHoop

Why bother to get wound up about a cup run this year?

When 'Arry and Rosie selected eleven players of no hopers (5 of which never played another game for QPR) and we lost to MK Dons at home in the FA Cup this year, Tears Of A Clown et moi were not best fooking pleased.

Ocean Billys was the only thing that did what it said in the tin that day. And that was only the fish. Even the chips seemed like an 'Arry selection, ('Arry didn't burn them, it woz the dog wot dunnit)

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 23:50 - Jun 22 with 1353 viewsDylanP

The last two seasons weren't a complete waste of time. We beat Scum twice. Makes it worthwhile in my book.

I would be very happy if Tone/'arry could get rid of all the high priced prima donas (Granero, SWP, Cisse, Park, Barton, etc.), keep hold of Ade, Mackie and so on and put together a squad that played as a team with some heart. Promotion would be fine, but not the initial priority.

We are now apparently debt free (that is, we don't owe any outsiders anything -- no ABC loan hanging over our heads). Its time to build systematically and slowly from the ground up. That is the initial priority. Build a solid foundation and step by step, so that next time we go up we wont make such fools of ourselves.

In the meantime, a cup run would be brilliant.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 23:58 - Jun 22 with 1345 viewsqueensparker

Those two years in the Prem really opened my eyes to what football has become recently, and now I'm infinitely less bothered about being in that league. Football for me is about having a laugh with your mates and being proud of your team, and the way it is right now unless you're one of few, the Prem is stressful hard work and over-populated with tw*ts (whether in the media, in the ground, or in the teams).

I'd take a relegation-flirting average season in the Championship next year in return for a win in a Wembley cup final with both hands. What a day that would be.
Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 00:05 - Jun 23 with 1339 viewsRanger78

I'd love a Cup Run but also don't see how it would hinder our chances of promotion.

For me, a good cup run can only be helpful. I was disgusted by the way we went out of the FA Cup last year, you cant tell me that the result/performance against MK Dons didnt have a negative effect on the whole club??

Winning is a habbit, wining games breeds confidence and team spirit, that will surely help our league form?

For me, Juan Mata was the best player in England last year, he has hardly had a break from any kind of football for a very long time and has played more games than most, he doesnt show any sign if needing a rest? Players can just as easily get injured in traing, injuries are part and parcel and can happen at any time. A winning confident team/squad is better, even if someone gets injured in a cup game.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 06:53 - Jun 23 with 1313 viewsQPR_John

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 23:16 - Jun 22 by qprmick

They go hand in hand, IMO.

In most cases but the original poster asked for a team with pride before contemplating returning to the Premier League. That was my point the latter involves a good number of defeats so in fact a team with pride that loses frequently.
Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 12:03 - Jun 23 with 1221 viewsizlingtonhoop

A day at Wembley and a cup! Yes, yes, yes.

Apart from the money what the heck is there in the Premier League? Humiliation and frustration and only three teams that could possibly win it (sorry Arsenal), what's the point?

A Sunderland pal of mine is more used to this than us, and he vehemently prefers their seasons in the Championship - it's fun, he says.

Although I like going to the Emirates, The Bridge and WHL. Apart from that, I don't care..
Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 12:17 - Jun 23 with 1207 viewsTHEBUSH

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 15:19 - Jun 22 by Mytch_QPR

We need a new stadium, don't care if it holds 20,000 or 35,000, we need better facilities, especially more legroom.
Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 19:34 - Jun 23 with 1121 viewsnewgolddream

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 12:17 - Jun 23 by THEBUSH

We need a new stadium, don't care if it holds 20,000 or 35,000, we need better facilities, especially more legroom.

ESPECIALLY MORE LEG ROOM!!

Dion Dublin - QPR, Brighton must take Capital One Cup seriously??? on 13:41 - Jun 24 with 998 viewsheadhoops

Ho about we do the lot - Capital Cup win at Wembley - Promotion back to Premiership - New ground - maybe even back to the old badge as well.

We are all born in the gutter - only some of us are looking at the stars.

Sadly our so called stars are pi$$ing in our gutter so in true QPR style expect none to happen..............

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024