Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Orange Cards / Sin Bin 22:38 - Jan 20 with 2699 viewsBillionR

I've always thought this was a good idea. Two yellows is an orange and a sin bin for say 10 mins. A 3rd is a red. Some offences such as denying a goal scoring opportunity or serious foul play would be an orange rather than red. A straight red would only be for striking an opponent, spitting etc.

Also only the captain being able to talk to the ref would stop a lot of moaning.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25811977

Thoughts?
Orange Cards / Sin Bin on 13:31 - Jan 21 with 2597 viewsboobishabang

Having played a lot of Hockey (yes that sport for birds with skirts) i would say the card system there is a decent one, the Ref can give a player a green card for niggly persistent infringements a player would normally see up to 2 of these before being followed by a Yellow card which is sin-binned for a time at the umpires discretion, no less than 6 minutes but usually around 10, followed by a Red for the obvious which is straight off the pitch, and in my case a 60 day ban
Orange Cards / Sin Bin on 13:41 - Jan 21 with 2576 viewsdaveB

It all sounds far too sensible to actually happen
Orange Cards / Sin Bin on 14:24 - Jan 21 with 2528 viewsStanisgod

Imagine Michael Oliver running around with 4 different colour cards in his pocket

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Orange Cards / Sin Bin on 15:38 - Jan 21 with 2479 viewshoops_legend

No need for more cards... Just introduce a sin bin

I hate the way football n ow accepts fouls as part of the game? Take the Faurlin incident where Warnock was annoyed he didn't purposely foul the guy to stop them breaking away from a corner... That makes no sense.

For fouls like those that he 'should have done' there should be a sin bin rule of 10 mins as there is no intention of playing the ball and ruins football... I as a paying fan want to see actual football not the whistle blown every 30 seconds...

Introduce sin bin and instantly you will get rid of these tactical fouls and also swearing at the ref and linos...
Orange Cards / Sin Bin on 16:18 - Jan 21 with 2458 viewsAntti_Heinola

oh god not bloody sin bins.

Bare bones.

Orange Cards / Sin Bin on 16:42 - Jan 21 with 2448 viewsPinnerPaul

Teams would just waste time when they have players in the sin bin.

Enough arguments now about yellow/red cards, introduce even more colours = even more arguments.

No need to introduce new "rules" for dissent /OFFINABUS, just enforce those already there.

Won't happen because no one wants to see 9 playing 8 or whatever, and that includes the PL and TV companies.
Orange Cards / Sin Bin on 23:56 - Jan 21 with 2380 viewssmegma

Still wouldn't have stopped Chelsea getting 2 reds and untold yellows though.
Orange Cards / Sin Bin on 02:46 - Jan 22 with 2350 viewsRangersAreBack

Didn't we have this discussion recently re. Platini? Latest idea is to introduce challenges, 1 per half.
Login to get fewer ads

Orange Cards / Sin Bin on 10:09 - Jan 22 with 2311 viewsPinnerPaul

Orange Cards / Sin Bin on 02:46 - Jan 22 by RangersAreBack

Didn't we have this discussion recently re. Platini? Latest idea is to introduce challenges, 1 per half.

Challenges, for what exactly?!

Just one example of amy I could come up with, why this won't work

AR raises flag for offside as attacker is running towards goal, with team mates and oppo in hot pursuit.

Ref blows whistle, everyone stops, attacker calls for a review, which decides AR was wrong......now what?!

Do we get attacker of team mate to play the pass again and say "Come on children everyone back to where they were when that nasty old lino put up his flag"

Calls for more "technology" not thought through IMHO
Orange Cards / Sin Bin on 10:26 - Jan 22 with 2302 viewsisawqpratwcity

Orange Cards / Sin Bin on 10:09 - Jan 22 by PinnerPaul

Challenges, for what exactly?!

Just one example of amy I could come up with, why this won't work

AR raises flag for offside as attacker is running towards goal, with team mates and oppo in hot pursuit.

Ref blows whistle, everyone stops, attacker calls for a review, which decides AR was wrong......now what?!

Do we get attacker of team mate to play the pass again and say "Come on children everyone back to where they were when that nasty old lino put up his flag"

Calls for more "technology" not thought through IMHO

Fair comment, but doesn't obviate the need for reviews.

A limited number of reviews permitted would mean that an offside decision not leading to a goal would be unlikely to be questioned.

I'd much rather see a game depending on fair decisions than any other 'free flow', or 'necessary Sunday League-style adjudication' pretexts.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Orange Cards / Sin Bin on 10:39 - Jan 22 with 2296 viewsmakaveli1882

Some offences such as denying a goal scoring opportunity or serious foul play would be an orange rather than red.

No that's a Red as the player is clearly cheating
Orange Cards / Sin Bin on 13:27 - Jan 22 with 2268 viewsPinnerPaul

Orange Cards / Sin Bin on 10:26 - Jan 22 by isawqpratwcity

Fair comment, but doesn't obviate the need for reviews.

A limited number of reviews permitted would mean that an offside decision not leading to a goal would be unlikely to be questioned.

I'd much rather see a game depending on fair decisions than any other 'free flow', or 'necessary Sunday League-style adjudication' pretexts.

but in my case it WOULD be likely to lead to a goal, so why not challenged.

Doesn't answer the question what would happen in my scenario - the more you think through all the possibilities, and any new laws would have to cater for ALL possibilities, then you realise it would create far more arguments than now.

As can be seen in cricket, technology doesn't equal 100% correct decisions.

Blimey, everyone was still arguing about the Suarez "dive" recently 3 days after the **** incident!
Orange Cards / Sin Bin on 15:44 - Jan 22 with 2250 viewsthemodfather

and we can have double goals during power plays and pens count triple..an away win is worth 5 pts and jumpers for goalposts!
it ain't broke imo, just improve the standards of refs and get the "asst refs/lineo's" more involved....
Orange Cards / Sin Bin on 16:17 - Jan 22 with 2241 viewsPinnerPaul

Orange Cards / Sin Bin on 15:44 - Jan 22 by themodfather

and we can have double goals during power plays and pens count triple..an away win is worth 5 pts and jumpers for goalposts!
it ain't broke imo, just improve the standards of refs and get the "asst refs/lineo's" more involved....

No errors from refs/ARs is never going to happen, like no errors from players/managers.

Have to strive to improve/maintain standards of course but 100% correct decisions in a game as complex as football is an impossible dream.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024