Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away game fans NEW RAILCARD RELEASED 10:53 - Mar 25 with 3041 viewstommytanker

From the BBC Website. You will get your money back on one away game alone. Barnsley away is £47 but with this card £26.

new national railcard allowing two people travelling together to save a third on train fares has gone on sale.

The £30-a-year "Two Together Railcard" can be used on journeys after 09:30 on weekdays and all day at weekends by two named and photographed people.

Railcards were previously only available to those under 26, over 60, disabled, serving in the armed forces or travelling with children.

It is the first new national railcard to be launched for 30 years.

The new card can be used to save on standard and first class anytime, off-peak and advance tickets for travel throughout Britain after 9.30am Monday to Friday and all day on weekends and bank holidays.

For example, two super off-peak single tickets from Birmingham New Street to London Euston, which would normally cost £45.80, would cost £30.50 - a saving of £15.30 - for two passengers using the new railcard.

Two advance single tickets from Newcastle to Leeds will now cost £14.50 - saving £7.50.

David Mapp, commercial director at the Association of Train Operating Companies, said: "It's ideal for visiting family and friends, day trips or weekend breaks, so the Two Together Railcard will encourage more people to leave the car at home and take the train instead.

"As well as savings on rail travel, the new railcard also offers savings on attractions, theatre shows, restaurants, hotels and more."

Any two people can apply to buy the railcard - whether they are a couple, relatives, colleagues who regularly share a trip or commute, or two friends who regularly travel together. But the discount will only apply to journeys they are on together.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2014 10:55]
Away game fans NEW RAILCARD RELEASED on 10:55 - Mar 25 with 3038 viewssimmo

This is outstanding news.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Away game fans NEW RAILCARD RELEASED on 11:27 - Mar 25 with 2967 viewstoboboly

Unless you are travelling to a game on your own and meeting someone there.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Away game fans NEW RAILCARD RELEASED on 11:36 - Mar 25 with 2946 viewstommytanker

Away game fans NEW RAILCARD RELEASED on 11:27 - Mar 25 by toboboly

It has to have two peoples photos on but it is still handy - if it fits your weekly routine.
Away game fans NEW RAILCARD RELEASED on 11:48 - Mar 25 with 2921 viewssimmo

Away game fans NEW RAILCARD RELEASED on 11:27 - Mar 25 by toboboly

We had 6 travelling on Tuesday for Sheffield and 6 again to Boro. Usually the same 6-8 people most away games, this kind of thing is supremely helpful.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Away game fans NEW RAILCARD RELEASED on 13:07 - Mar 25 with 2803 viewsgjc104

This is good news, travelled from Stoke for each home game by train has become more expensive since we could no longer get the friends/family card as my daughter turned 16. She has a 16-25 card only.

So, we drive more often then not these days...including tonight...but will look into this for next season for sure.
Away game fans NEW RAILCARD RELEASED on 13:48 - Mar 25 with 2745 viewsWanderR

Unusual to be able to use a railcard to save on advance tickets as well. Clive will have a little sex wee when he sees this.

Current location: OX10

Away game fans NEW RAILCARD RELEASED on 13:49 - Mar 25 with 2744 viewsthemodfather

i think this is for a new railcard for 2 NAMED people, both must travel together.
could save £££s for some
Away game fans NEW RAILCARD RELEASED on 14:28 - Mar 25 with 2692 viewsLblock

I'm wondering if you can appear on multiplem versions of this card? ie can I get one with the missus and one with the mistress?!?!?!

For football it'd be great if a couple of combinations could be used in case the travelling companions varied

Anyone know?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Away game fans NEW RAILCARD RELEASED on 14:33 - Mar 25 with 2684 viewsWanderR

Yes, you both have to be named with a photo.

Full Terms and Conditions:

http://www.twotogether-railcard.co.uk/help/terms-conditions/

Current location: OX10

Away game fans NEW RAILCARD RELEASED on 16:59 - Mar 25 with 2609 viewsNorthernr

It will work really well for our group, going to get three sorted for next season I think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024