Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card 10:04 - Jul 7 with 4698 viewswillis1980

If this yellow card is overturned FIFA might as well just come out and say that they will do all they can to hand Brazil the world cup. the fact that they are even considering overturning the yellow card is bonkers, its not even like it was awarded in error. I know you expect the hosts so get the rub of the green, but i do feel that brazil have had their fair share of "assistance" so far.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/06/brazil-appeal-thiago-silva-suspe
Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 10:07 - Jul 7 with 4690 viewsHollowayRanger

http://fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/116958/new-rules-for-b

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 10:11 - Jul 7 with 4666 viewsIrishR

While I agree with you in this case as they are the current rules I feel for games of such importance, world cup/champs league etc etc yellow card rules should not come into place. Straight reds then fine but to miss games that only come around once in a lifetime for something so small is ridiculous.
Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 10:13 - Jul 7 with 4658 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I think you are missing the OP point.
The opening match penalty award was highly dubious as well. I am convinced they want Brazil to at least make the final.
Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 10:17 - Jul 7 with 4642 viewswillis1980

Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 10:13 - Jul 7 by CroydonCaptJack

I think you are missing the OP point.
The opening match penalty award was highly dubious as well. I am convinced they want Brazil to at least make the final.

along with neymar not even getting booked elbowing an opponent in the face and brazils thrid resulting from a croatian player being rugby tackeld
Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 10:28 - Jul 7 with 4611 viewsDesertBoot

The constant fouling of James Rodriguez was also unpunished. A stronger ref would have brandished at least two yellow cards.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 10:40 - Jul 7 with 4560 viewsIrishR

Not missing the point I understand what you mean. Fouls should be punished regardless of which team commits of course but just stating that yellow cards preventing people playing in such games is a joke. It could be the Johnsons paint trophy or league 2 play-off final even a sunday league final but yellow cards should be wiped and not just in the semi's

Its happened before and will happen again where a player will miss a game of high importance to them of a simple non malicious yellow.
Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 10:42 - Jul 7 with 4548 viewsdaveB

If they win the appeal then the Germans should appeal for Cesar to be given a red for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity rather than getting a yellow
Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 12:41 - Jul 7 with 4379 viewsTonto

The only ref that stood up to the brazilians was Howard Webb.

But he cant get the final again, and probably wont get the brazialian semi...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Login to get fewer ads

Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 12:49 - Jul 7 with 4354 viewsLblock

Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 12:41 - Jul 7 by Tonto

The only ref that stood up to the brazilians was Howard Webb.

But he cant get the final again, and probably wont get the brazialian semi...

I got a semi over a Brazilian once

I do love a well trimmed woman
[Post edited 7 Jul 2014 12:49]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 16:14 - Jul 7 with 4137 viewsTGRRRSSS

If your going down that route then they might as well do away with yello cards and only issue reds.
Ridiculous they can appeal a yellow card, I thought only a redf could be appealed.
The Germans are now in Brazils way... we shall see what happens.
Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 16:30 - Jul 7 with 4101 viewswhittocksRs

If this is allowed, I suggest every other team left in the tournament appeals every yellow card they've received and totally feck up the appeals system in place as a form of protest. Plus, his yellow couldn't have been more blatant, he kicked the ball away after the game was stopped, a standard yellow at every level of the game.
Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 17:14 - Jul 7 with 4018 viewswillis1980

card wont be rescinded
Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 18:08 - Jul 7 with 3947 viewsTearsofrage

Seem to remember one Glenda Roeder missing out on quite an important game for us at Wembley some years ago - cause - a Lootown midfielder kicking him all night at Kennelworse Road (it's all right I can spell - I know what I mean!). he reacts; commits a rash challenge and away he goes into history. The FA would have laughed at an appeal like Brazil's but I have a sinking feeling the FIFA puppy will roll over and be tickled for fear of offending their hosts. Grrrrrrr!
Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 19:17 - Jul 7 with 3876 viewsTopCat34

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/07/world-cup-2014-thiago-silva-braz
Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 22:55 - Jul 7 with 3773 viewsTW_R

Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 10:40 - Jul 7 by IrishR

Not missing the point I understand what you mean. Fouls should be punished regardless of which team commits of course but just stating that yellow cards preventing people playing in such games is a joke. It could be the Johnsons paint trophy or league 2 play-off final even a sunday league final but yellow cards should be wiped and not just in the semi's

Its happened before and will happen again where a player will miss a game of high importance to them of a simple non malicious yellow.

So what happens of they say, OK the semi-final is a big game, go ahead and play. Then he gets another yellow card or a even a red. Do you say the same thing for the final as well?
Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 23:17 - Jul 7 with 3743 viewsBrazilNutR

Agree they shouldn't rescind it...as it opens a can of worms.
But I felt it was an extremely harsh Yellow card, especially as Refs seem to have been told not to give out cards... and basically the goalkeeper can run and throw the ball at any player and get them booked.. pretending they were trying to kick it quickly.

I'm not sure about the Brazil being helped conspiracy... its very easy to see everything like that if you look for it... Hulk's dissallowed goal for example...would have been given most of the time..
Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 23:24 - Jul 7 with 3736 viewsDWQPR

Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 10:40 - Jul 7 by IrishR

Tiago clearly obstructed a clearance from the Columbian keeper, it like much of their play was cynicle and he stopped a quick attack whilst being out of position. He knew he would be booked and got what he deserved, also knowing he would miss the semi final. If Howard Webb or another ref with the balls to be totally impartial officiated that game then Brazil would have been down to ten men by half time. Was listening to the radio this morning and a chap who lives in Brazil and reports on Brazilian football was saying that a study was made in the country that showed that teams that were more efficient at disrupting the flow of a game was more successful and it got to the stage where the number of fouls in Brazilian club matches exceeded 100! Everything was about committing niggly little fouls and this Brazil side under Scolari have taken this to their hearts. I hope Germany thrash them tomorrow.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 11:48 - Jul 8 with 3643 viewsQPunkR

Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 23:24 - Jul 7 by DWQPR

Tiago clearly obstructed a clearance from the Columbian keeper, it like much of their play was cynicle and he stopped a quick attack whilst being out of position. He knew he would be booked and got what he deserved, also knowing he would miss the semi final. If Howard Webb or another ref with the balls to be totally impartial officiated that game then Brazil would have been down to ten men by half time. Was listening to the radio this morning and a chap who lives in Brazil and reports on Brazilian football was saying that a study was made in the country that showed that teams that were more efficient at disrupting the flow of a game was more successful and it got to the stage where the number of fouls in Brazilian club matches exceeded 100! Everything was about committing niggly little fouls and this Brazil side under Scolari have taken this to their hearts. I hope Germany thrash them tomorrow.

To be fair, watching Brazilian club football is one of the most excruciating experiences possible. Not 30 seconds goes by without someone falling down like they've been shot - the diving is absolutely endemic and makes my soul cry. Even in the second division! That's why there's over 100 'fouls' per game

QPR - "shit but local"

Overturning Thiago Silva's Yellow Card on 12:50 - Jul 8 with 3603 viewsRangersAreBack

So glad FIFA had the balls to reject both this and the Neymar appeal. Well done FIFA (for a change).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024