Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon 09:38 - Aug 22 with 2722 viewsNorthernr

Count the mentions of Spurs being a "fantastic club", and feel the tension as we wait for Sky Sports News HQ's (they've rebadged it you fool) question of the day. The fun starts at 9.45. Updates to follow...

Slurps tea.

Roger good morning.

We like Vargas, had a great World Cup, watched loads of stuff on him, our scout lives in France and covers Italian football, Spain and everywhere. He's a player he's been mentioning to us for a long time. When the opportunity came to loan him it was too good to miss. Busy, strong little player, livewire. Couldn't be more pleased.

No work permit yet, he's Chilean (thanks Harry), played every game in the World Cup, not available this week, should be next week.

Fer trained Tuesday, no, sorry, Wednesday, and he's available. He's a good player. Dutch international. Two good signings.

The club have been great, pleased with the players we've brought in, made a big difference. We came back pre-season and we were really short of numbers. Bought some quality players in. If there's another to come great. If not.... makes a motion as if winding a car window down.

Zaha if they were to loan him, he belongs to them, that's up to him, if he was available lots of clubs would be interested. If we thought he was available it would be of interest.

This week's Remy question...

Confident he'll be here Excellent in training, first class attitude, loves his mum, boys in the park, jumpers for goal posts, mother's calling, five more minutes. Unless a top, top club comes in he's happy to stay. Looking forward to having a good season for us. No inquiry from Spurs as far as I know.

Would we want Townsend and Dawson in return?
No. We want to keep him. Fck off, not a wheeler dealer, fcking football manager etc etc.

I don't know if Glenn was approached by Palace. Looked like only Malky and Tim were in for the job, obviously fings have changed this week now and they're not in the running so it opens it up again. I want Glenn to stay here. Up to him. It's his life. Desperately want him to stay.

Malky has made a big mistake. Him and the ovver lad, I don't know him. What they've done isn't right. But MM is a fantastic lad, great fella, family man, football man, he's made a big mistake. We can all be critical, suddenly everybody is an angel. He's a young man with a big future as a top, top manager. It shouldn't ruin his life. I feel sad and sorry for what he's done, nobody is suffering like him and his family today. Not condoning it, if that's what he's done. Show me someone who's never made a mistake in their life and I'll show you a liar. Not a murderer, rapist, paedophile (steady on vicar), it shouldn't ruin his life. It'll take time.

People, people, people.... get second chances in life who've committed dreadful crimes. His life has to go on. Underneath the silly mistakes, silly mistakes, lots of people do that silly Twittering, I'm lucky I don't send text messages, but I do get them with sick jokes when something terrible is happening. I don't read em, it makes me ill, he's not the only one who gets em, I'm sure everybody gets em. Big mistake, good person, I hope he comes back.

Played better last week than at any stage last year. Like the system. It's not new, played that way at Pompey, West Ham, fifth in the league, system I like, we'll do very well with it. Gets you two strikers in the team which is lovely jubbly. It'll work.

Rio is a great lad, great role model, fantastic football brain. Just as he was last week. One of several players here who will go on and be managers. Read an article last week with somebody who said managers now are not going to do an apprenticeship and manage in the lower levels because the money they earn. Unless they get a top, top job they don't want the hassle of going out five nights a week to watch football games. Met a guy who's gone into coaching who says his wife has got the hump because I don't come home at 3pm any more. I said she better get used to it. Lower leagues are the best grounding, you don't walk into managing Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool or somebody Hope Rio gets opportunity.

No comment on the escalating situation in the Ukraine. Complicated political situation there, lot of great people.

Love it at Tottenham. Here we go. Great, fantastic club. Looking forward to going back. See old faces, old friends, want three points, this is my team now, but had a great time at Tottenham.

They need to try and get into the top four again. I like the manager. He did great at Southampton. Do great at Tottenham. Good players, good squad, top players, financially sound, they'll be up there.

Will be doing ice bucket challenge later today. It's for chrideee. david Bentley threw a bucket of water over me once after qualifying for the Champions League and I sold the fcking mouthy little cnt to Russia.

Difficult one with Gazza. See him around, I love Gazza, heart of gold, he'd give his last penny away, in fact he probably has. Everybody has tried to help, the only person who can help is himself. I said to him a month ago I'll pick you up in the morning you can come train with me, work with the kids, I'd love it if he wanted to do that, I'd pick him up every morning, help Steve Gallen with the younger players, that's an open invitation to him. He's a great lad, sad to see how he's looking at the moment.

Wait, it's a woman with a wild and dangerous question of her own. She wants to know if he'll get a warm reception.

Finished fourth two years and fifth the other, Champions League football as good as you've seen, I shouldn't get a bad one. Look forward to it. I don't get excited about anything too much really. Looking forward to bashing into Cliff Jones apparently. No bad relationships there.

It'll be an attacking game. Both teams going for it. They'll press high up the pitch as he did at Southampton. Fantastic players, good players, top players, spent £120m last year, entitled to be a good team. Lost two wonderful, world class players, but bought a lot of players in. Pushing for top four.

Leroy played for Norwich, we saw a lot of him, played in the World Cup. Vargas is a player Steve Hitchin who works for us abroad has flagged up. Always liked him. Great loan signing for us. We loaned eight players last year, we were the loan Rangers, we've taken a couple of loans this season who will be good for us. Still got two domestic loans we haven't used. Love a loan.

Chairman ambitious, want to stay in the league, first day of pre-season only ha d13 players, scary stuff, brought a group in.

I'd like to have Mario Balotelli in my squad. Fantastic player. Problems on and off the pitch, his goalscoring record is incredible, top class. Brendan has taken on a big challenge, done an amazing job, they won't stand for him not doing what the other players do, they work Liverpool, big part of the game. Stevie G won't stand for people not putting a shift in. Lost Suarez, hardest working forward I've ever seen.

Spoke to Adel and he said you think I'm bad, you wanna see Balotelli, he's a hundred times worse than me. I said "Oh, very good."

Fcking hell this is never ending today.
Bondy standing by to play us out with Roll Out The Barrel.

Hooray, we're finished.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 09:43 - Aug 22 with 2692 viewsWokingR

Save yourself the effort

Just cut and paste last weeks and then just change a few names as he throws them out there
Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 09:49 - Aug 22 with 2630 viewsDiscodroid

can you let me know what cara has to say about possibly using vargas in the false number 9 role and the state of the harlington road shithouse and its lack of flat surfaces for cocaine consumption.

cheers clive.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 09:58 - Aug 22 with 2586 viewssmegma

Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 09:49 - Aug 22 by Discodroid

can you let me know what cara has to say about possibly using vargas in the false number 9 role and the state of the harlington road shithouse and its lack of flat surfaces for cocaine consumption.

cheers clive.

I'm dying to find out which celeb has par taken in being soaked in icy cold water. My life is full of drudgery until I find out which HEROIC millionaire has braved his soul in aid of self publicity......erm, sorry, I
meant charideeeeee.
Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 10:14 - Aug 22 with 2497 viewsJuzzie

I'm almost of the opinion the fact that 'arry waffles on about everything else but QPR is a ploy to give as little away as possible about our plans for the next game.

Or am I giving him too much credit?
Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 10:18 - Aug 22 with 2452 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Thanks.

*Metallica settles back for the long weekend*

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 10:30 - Aug 22 with 2351 viewssimmo

David Bentley through a bucket of water over me once after qualifying for the Champions League and I sold the fcking mouthy little cnt to Russia.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 10:54 - Aug 22 with 2269 viewseastside_r

I think this could become my favorite thing.

But I do miss 'Away Days', any chance eh Clive with a less congested fixture list?
Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 11:09 - Aug 22 with 2201 viewsTacticalR

Top, top stream of consciousness from a top, top manager.

I wonder if this should be a separate Big Sam style blog?

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 11:16 - Aug 22 with 2159 viewsadhoc_qpr

It is almost impossible to separate the real quotes from the spoof - love it!
Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 11:21 - Aug 22 with 2136 viewsWestminsteRs

My absolute favourite thing about having HR as manager are these synopses of his "pressas". Keep up the triffic work. Not 'ad a days trouble.
Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 11:29 - Aug 22 with 2098 viewsrrrspricey

Great piece Clive (ooh er missus), just gobbed coffee over my desk when i read about David Bentley
Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 11:33 - Aug 22 with 2082 viewsNorthernr

Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 10:54 - Aug 22 by eastside_r

I think this could become my favorite thing.

But I do miss 'Away Days', any chance eh Clive with a less congested fixture list?

Yeh they're back this year.
Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 11:33 - Aug 22 with 2079 viewsAntti_Heinola

Brilliant stuff Clive.

'nobody is suffering like him and his family today'

Oh, Harry.

Bare bones.

Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 11:38 - Aug 22 with 2055 viewsJamie

Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 11:33 - Aug 22 by Antti_Heinola

Brilliant stuff Clive.

'nobody is suffering like him and his family today'

Oh, Harry.

In fairness, to Arry 'Ebola' is the Brazilian lad whose agent was on the phone the other day.
Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 11:38 - Aug 22 with 2052 viewsrsonist

I'm sure Gazza would love to work alongside Hoddle.
Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 13:09 - Aug 22 with 1803 viewsheadhoops

another entertaining lunchtime treat - disappointed he ducked -

No comment on the escalating situation in the Ukraine. Complicated political situation there, lot of great people.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 13:24 - Aug 22 with 1757 viewsR_from_afar

A very disappointing press conference. No comment on Bale whatsoever. Tsk tsk.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 13:32 - Aug 22 with 1732 viewsNoelmc

Brilliant Clive!

I'd much rather wait for your very entertaining synopsis than try & watch it live on You Tube with the picture constantly freezing.

Can you do similar for his post-match interviews too?
Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 14:08 - Aug 22 with 1605 viewssimmo

His quotes on Mackay are not going down too well....

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 14:45 - Aug 22 with 1455 viewsJigsore

A lot more entertaining than Mark Hughes press conferences were thats for sure

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 16:05 - Aug 22 with 1281 viewsGetMeRangers

Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 10:14 - Aug 22 by Juzzie

I'm almost of the opinion the fact that 'arry waffles on about everything else but QPR is a ploy to give as little away as possible about our plans for the next game.

Or am I giving him too much credit?

I have always thought it was about keeping the press away from the players and the squad so any locker room dis-agreements etc

Much easier to run the arry 'should have been England Manager' show
Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 16:07 - Aug 22 with 1271 viewsYorkRanger

Quality Clive. On the train from Kings Cross back to York and apologised twice to the guy next to me for laughing out loud.

The Bentley line nailed it...
Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 17:31 - Aug 22 with 1209 viewseastside_r

Harry's top, top pre-match triffic-a-thon on 11:33 - Aug 22 by Northernr

Yeh they're back this year.

Yay!

(Although I might add I am not sure how a man who is 'relishing' a 2.5 hour train ride to Southampton can write a match report let alone recall what happens the rest of the day.)

[Post edited 22 Aug 2014 17:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024