Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cargiant appoints developer for Old Oak Common plan 13:40 - Dec 1 with 4621 viewsBillionR

From Property Week:

Cargiant has appointed London & Regional as development partner for the redevelopment of Old Oak Park in west London.

The car dealership plans to build a £5bn new town on the 45-acre Old Oak Common, where it currently houses used cars.

Its plans include around 9,500 homes and a new high street, plus two schools, a new dock and a “cultural hub”.

The development is currently contested by Queen’s Park Rangers football club, which claims the site would be better used for a new stadium for a 40,000-seat stadium and 24,000 new homes.

A statement from Cargiant today said London & Regional has the funding in place to take the plans forward to a construction stage within two years — 12 months earlier than planned.

DP9 has been appointed to work with London & Regional on planning.

Last month, QPR said 89% of almost 3,000 people who responded to a consultation said they agreed with QPR’s alternative plans for the site, while 11% said they disagreed.

Tony Mendes, managing director of Cargiant, said: “London is in desperate need of more houses and the mayor and the GLA are working hard to resolve the shortage. By appointing London & Regional at this early stage we will be accelerating the process of delivering our scheme and thousands of affordable houses for Londoners by at least 12 months.

“Old Oak Park is destined to become one of the largest car-free and safest developments in London, with the needs of the local community at its heart. This development will encompass a large proportion of affordable homes for the local community with waterside living and access to the 170 acre Wormwood Scrubs Park, which is four times the size of Green Park.”

Cargiant appoints developer for Old Oak Common plan on 16:41 - Dec 1 with 4534 viewsElHoop

Have they changed developers then? I don't know enough about this stuff to comment on whether it's massively significant. Googling around though, they seem to be stabbing us in the front, back, middle, side - anywhere they can really:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCcQFjAB&u
Cargiant appoints developer for Old Oak Common plan on 17:23 - Dec 1 with 4489 viewsMedwayR

Cargiant appoints developer for Old Oak Common plan on 16:41 - Dec 1 by ElHoop

Have they changed developers then? I don't know enough about this stuff to comment on whether it's massively significant. Googling around though, they seem to be stabbing us in the front, back, middle, side - anywhere they can really:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCcQFjAB&u

I appreciate that is only from an informal meeting but a lot of that seems very flimsy & not very professionally presented.

They seem to make a point of housing yet are only proposing 8,500 homes compared to our 24,000 homes. Are they only proposing to develop their part of OOC? If so surely that's advantage us as we're proposing a bigger development, although they can apparently avoid a CPO.

They downplay the jobs created by a stadium that's only open 28 days a year, ignoring the fact that it'll be open a lot more than that but promote their housing development which will need road infrastructure and cleaning, as if a stadium wouldn't need those. Houses don't tend to create jobs, stadiums & restaurants etc do, it sounds like they're proposing a mass housing estate!!

They also state QPR can just buy land elsewhere ignoring the fact that we can't without leaving the area & damaging the local economy & people losing their jobs. They make a big thing about being difficult to relocate themselves but they're happy to do it for their development.

Poll: Who’s better?

Cargiant appoints developer for Old Oak Common plan on 17:26 - Dec 1 with 4483 viewsjohncharles

Tony Mendes says London is desperate for new homes. His plan offers 9,500 new homes, ours 24,000. Bit of an own goal there.

Strong and stable my arse.

Cargiant appoints developer for Old Oak Common plan on 18:28 - Dec 1 with 4412 viewsDylanP

I don't know much about the ins and outs of development, but I can only guess that this is just another negotiating posture. Any development would by CarGiant would have to receive planning permission from the Council. There is no way that a Council "desperate for additional housing" is going to vote for 9,500 homes when there is already a plan for 24,000 homes on the table. Also, it is not mixed use. That would be like approving something out of the 1960s. It aint gonna happen. Finally, the Council knows that we are looking for a new site. Turning us down risks that possibility of us looking elsewhere. No councilmember will want to be on the Council when a major attraction like a football team left the area.

If I can deduce this basic info in three minutes, you know that they can too. So, it must be an attempt to strengthen their negotiating position, surely. If they can make it look like they have a realistic plan for the area than it gives them more leverage. Without a viable plan (given that the Council have already said they want to redevelop the area) then they are at our mercy for price, as we are the only game in town.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Cargiant appoints developer for Old Oak Common plan on 18:38 - Dec 1 with 4396 viewsbosh67

There is the double irony that a previous sponsor of the club is in a battle with it and also that a car company want to create the biggest car fee area in London.

To be honest I can't see why the two parties can't knock their heads together and actually come up with a plan that suits them both. There's plenty of room.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Cargiant appoints developer for Old Oak Common plan on 18:43 - Dec 1 with 4386 viewswombat

Cargiant appoints developer for Old Oak Common plan on 18:38 - Dec 1 by bosh67

There is the double irony that a previous sponsor of the club is in a battle with it and also that a car company want to create the biggest car fee area in London.

To be honest I can't see why the two parties can't knock their heads together and actually come up with a plan that suits them both. There's plenty of room.

http://www.lrp.co.uk

They are an interesting mob , this sort of development doesn't fit in with the usual company plan as I can't see the high end type property they usuall build fitting in next to he scrubs they seem to like fairly large brash property's to redevelop and sell on for vast profit

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024