Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sherwood 14:29 - Feb 14 with 13234 viewsTopCat34

New Villa manager..
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 14:31]
Sherwood on 10:42 - Feb 16 with 2590 viewsTheBlob

Sherwood on 10:09 - Feb 16 by Antti_Heinola

And what if he failed?
You and several others bleat on and on about things being 'worth a punt' if it/they 'keeps us up'.
Did the 'punt' on Redknapp keeping us up work?
Did the 'punt' on Remy keep us up?
Did the 'punt' on Samba keep us up?
Did Benayoun/Chevanton/Onyewu/Maiga/Keane provide that magic that took us up?

Answer to all of those is no - all were, in the end, expensive (some more so than others) 'punts' that cost us a lot of money.

Why don't you go and bet £1000 per week on a three-game accumulator? I know it's a lot of money, but think what you might win! It could change your life!

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?Were I similarly intellectually challenged I could dig someone out based on that.
Life is full of "what ifs".
So you're a couple of million down and how much parachute money do you get?
Harry Got us promoted - at a price - have you conveniently forgotten that?And my last squint at the league table confirms we haven't been relegated yet.
If you don't like the message don't attack the messenger.
"What if" you actually,and miraculously, acquired a brain?
[Post edited 16 Feb 2015 12:11]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Sherwood on 10:45 - Feb 16 with 2573 viewsLoft1979

Sherwood on 10:30 - Feb 16 by daveB

Spurs fan at work reckons tactically he was awful but he did give young players a chance and managed to get results so he wasn't sure if he was good or bad really. I think he might do well at Villa but my gut feeling is I am glad he didn't get the job with us

'The message this sends is very negative. With all due respect to Tim Sherwood, he owes his coaching career not to qualifications or earned opportunities, but to being in the right place at the right time, to the lingering resonance of his playing days, and to the coverage he receives in the media.'
Sherwood on 11:25 - Feb 16 with 2517 viewsadhoc_qpr

Villa are woefully underperforming and unmotivated - probably the ideal situation for Tim.

If Sherwood can get Guzan, Vlaar, Benteke, Delph, Westwood, Agbonlahor. Weimann, Sinclair etc to some kind of form with a more positive approach than Lambert they will be OK.

He won't need clever tactics etc, as they have good quality and good balance too.
Sherwood on 11:46 - Feb 16 with 2471 viewsdanehoop

The interesting thing for him is who he can bring in as his management team. Many of the staff he might like to bring with him seem to have been employed by us, that also brings up just how much his Spurs success was down to the work of those he led rather a direct result of his own engagement.

Interesting times for Villa, if he gets them firing they really should accelerate away from the dop zone as they do have quality in most positions.

Never knowingly understood

Sherwood on 14:26 - Feb 16 with 2322 viewsHarbour

I find the we are a big club too good to go down talk from villa fans and the media a bit nauseating..............no team is to big,too much history, and too good to go down...they are not a special club...i hope we survive and Villa and Dunderland go down with Linekers lot
Sherwood on 14:39 - Feb 16 with 2299 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sherwood on 10:42 - Feb 16 by TheBlob

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?Were I similarly intellectually challenged I could dig someone out based on that.
Life is full of "what ifs".
So you're a couple of million down and how much parachute money do you get?
Harry Got us promoted - at a price - have you conveniently forgotten that?And my last squint at the league table confirms we haven't been relegated yet.
If you don't like the message don't attack the messenger.
"What if" you actually,and miraculously, acquired a brain?
[Post edited 16 Feb 2015 12:11]

Blob, when it comes to brains, yours would rattle around even in the tiny head of the character in your avatar making a sound like a single tic-tac in a goldfish bowl.

If I don't like the message then I should of course attack the messenger - he's the one giving the message, after all. Unless you are merely a lapdog messenger boy writing messages for someone else who's not only witless, but also lazy? If so, please point me in the direction of your idiotic master who manipulates you like a puppet and I'll berate him/her instead.

Your message seemed to me a facile argument that suggested that more expensive is better, which is - as this club has proved time and again lately - utter claptrap.

Yes, hindsight is wonderful, Blob - sensible, smart people tend to learn from it.

'So you're a couple of million down and how much parachute money do you get?' Dearie me. Why not just pay him £4m a year then? Or £10m - it's nothing compared to the parachute money! Oh, wait, we need that parachute money to continue paying the enormous wages we pay - you know, one of the highest in the world - and pound for pound in terms of club size and crowd size, probably THE highest in the world. That's not spare cash to chuck around you dolt - that's to help stave off financial ruin! And how does a three and a half year deal at £2m a year work out as making you 'a couple of million down'? Some odd maths there, son.

Bare bones.

Sherwood on 15:19 - Feb 16 with 2259 viewsTheBlob

Sherwood on 14:39 - Feb 16 by Antti_Heinola

Blob, when it comes to brains, yours would rattle around even in the tiny head of the character in your avatar making a sound like a single tic-tac in a goldfish bowl.

If I don't like the message then I should of course attack the messenger - he's the one giving the message, after all. Unless you are merely a lapdog messenger boy writing messages for someone else who's not only witless, but also lazy? If so, please point me in the direction of your idiotic master who manipulates you like a puppet and I'll berate him/her instead.

Your message seemed to me a facile argument that suggested that more expensive is better, which is - as this club has proved time and again lately - utter claptrap.

Yes, hindsight is wonderful, Blob - sensible, smart people tend to learn from it.

'So you're a couple of million down and how much parachute money do you get?' Dearie me. Why not just pay him £4m a year then? Or £10m - it's nothing compared to the parachute money! Oh, wait, we need that parachute money to continue paying the enormous wages we pay - you know, one of the highest in the world - and pound for pound in terms of club size and crowd size, probably THE highest in the world. That's not spare cash to chuck around you dolt - that's to help stave off financial ruin! And how does a three and a half year deal at £2m a year work out as making you 'a couple of million down'? Some odd maths there, son.

Well if you want to be a (knee)jerk all your life then go ahead.
You live your life totally in retrospection and if it wasn't for visionaries like myself who are prepared to take risks and speculate low browed morons like yourself would be in a state of permanent funk.
I'll bet you go to the supermarket only to be overwhelmed by new products - nope,don't want to try that as it may not be as delicious as the last vat of baked beans I last tried.
You've got to speculate in order to accumulate.
"Life's as gamble - I like to gamble"
Ernest G. Bilko.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2015 15:21]

Sherwood on 15:29 - Feb 16 with 2224 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sherwood on 15:19 - Feb 16 by TheBlob

Well if you want to be a (knee)jerk all your life then go ahead.
You live your life totally in retrospection and if it wasn't for visionaries like myself who are prepared to take risks and speculate low browed morons like yourself would be in a state of permanent funk.
I'll bet you go to the supermarket only to be overwhelmed by new products - nope,don't want to try that as it may not be as delicious as the last vat of baked beans I last tried.
You've got to speculate in order to accumulate.
"Life's as gamble - I like to gamble"
Ernest G. Bilko.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2015 15:21]

i don't even like baked beans.
Whereas you go to a supermarket, spend £90 on a bottle of wine under the misapprehension that it MUST be the best because it's so expensive, then when you get home have to admit it's not that great, actually, and now you don't have any money to pay your ex that child support next month.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Sherwood on 15:33 - Feb 16 with 2218 viewskensalriser

Any second now this is going to go to 'yo mama'...

Don't let me down gents!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sherwood on 15:35 - Feb 16 with 2217 viewsTheBlob

Sherwood on 15:29 - Feb 16 by Antti_Heinola

i don't even like baked beans.
Whereas you go to a supermarket, spend £90 on a bottle of wine under the misapprehension that it MUST be the best because it's so expensive, then when you get home have to admit it's not that great, actually, and now you don't have any money to pay your ex that child support next month.

I don't drink anymore Bud.When I did it was expense account stuff and we let the poor taxpayer hoof the bill.That Chateau Lafitte Rothschild you don't get in supermarkets and unlike your good self it's not necessary to hide it in brown paper.
Since I've fallen on hard times how about a modest wager?With my last £10 I'll bet you Villa will finish higher than ourselves.It's a bet I hope I lose actually.The heart says one thing and the head says another.
Is it a bet?If it is then just stick your head out of the window and go "baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" and I'll know it's fleecing time.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2015 15:36]

Sherwood on 17:30 - Feb 16 with 2136 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sherwood on 15:35 - Feb 16 by TheBlob

I don't drink anymore Bud.When I did it was expense account stuff and we let the poor taxpayer hoof the bill.That Chateau Lafitte Rothschild you don't get in supermarkets and unlike your good self it's not necessary to hide it in brown paper.
Since I've fallen on hard times how about a modest wager?With my last £10 I'll bet you Villa will finish higher than ourselves.It's a bet I hope I lose actually.The heart says one thing and the head says another.
Is it a bet?If it is then just stick your head out of the window and go "baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" and I'll know it's fleecing time.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2015 15:36]

£10?
Ha. I thought you were serious about this discussion. Never mind. The, er, the penny slots are over there mate. Leave this room for the high-rollers, eh?

Bare bones.

Sherwood on 19:29 - Feb 16 with 2075 viewsTheBlob

Sherwood on 17:30 - Feb 16 by Antti_Heinola

£10?
Ha. I thought you were serious about this discussion. Never mind. The, er, the penny slots are over there mate. Leave this room for the high-rollers, eh?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024