Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheer up Greeno 17:11 - Apr 13 with 10047 viewsjohncharles

Shit happens.
Many a time your saves have kept us in the game.
Bring on the Hammers !

Strong and stable my arse.

Cheer up Greeno on 17:18 - Apr 13 with 6896 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dead right, JC.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Cheer up Greeno on 17:41 - Apr 13 with 6831 viewsMytch_QPR

What did the Three Musketeers used to say - 'All for one and one for all' - players and fans all need to pull together for the common cause.
If we fall short at the final hurdle, so be it. I won't complain or blame anyone if we give it our best shot and make the sort of effort we saw against Villa and Chelsea.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Cheer up Greeno on 18:02 - Apr 13 with 6793 viewsJonDoeman

Unfortunately that will be the defining moment of his QPR career.

It Is What It Is !!

Cheer up Greeno on 18:04 - Apr 13 with 6781 viewssimmo

Cheer up Greeno on 18:02 - Apr 13 by JonDoeman

Ridiculous.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Cheer up Greeno on 18:14 - Apr 13 with 6766 viewsJonDoeman

Cheer up Greeno on 18:04 - Apr 13 by simmo

Ridiculous.

I don't think so, its the fck ups in the big games that get remembered .

It Is What It Is !!

Cheer up Greeno on 18:35 - Apr 13 with 6725 viewsbosh67

I think Rob Green has more than helped try and keep us at this level this season. He's made far less errors this season than the 4 in front of him!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Cheer up Greeno on 19:12 - Apr 13 with 6678 viewsessextaxiboy

Cheer up Greeno on 18:04 - Apr 13 by simmo

Ridiculous.

Just have a look at the Playoff Final again . Without him we would have been out of it before Dunne , O Neill and Zamora played their part.

IMO the plan was for him to try and hit Phillips with his kicks rather than just feed Cahill and Terry with straight clearances . Its up to Isla and Phillips to switch on to that from when he had the ball in his hands .

The wind was swirling around and he was getting underneath the kicks whilst trying to hit them low and flat . I am a big fan of Isla but IMO he should have been ready for a mis kick and arguably flattened Hazard before he got away .

Green obviously has to take the ultimate blame , but Hazard took possession 35 yards from goal .
Cheer up Greeno on 20:30 - Apr 13 with 6549 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

The moment it skimmed off his boot I knew it was a disaster and so utterly gutted to be proven right. Yesterday I felt sorry for him with a hint of being fed up at the man, today the fed up has gone, and I hope he feels a bit better, you could see the way he squatted on the goal for a few minutes at the end that he was well aware of the situation.

As JC says, shít happens, he can move on from this and perform next week and onwards, it's over now, we need to move on (I'm saying that as much for my benefit as anyone else's).

Come the season end I'm certain you could attribute more points won to him than points lost.

GREENO! GREENO!! GREENO!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Cheer up Greeno on 20:31 - Apr 13 with 6546 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Agree. All he has to do is kick the ball. Don't slice it, hold the ball in front of you and kick through it straight as you can. Simple. And being an ex keeper of a good standard, it's that easy. It's the rest of a keepers actions that are tough. Kicking isn't one of them.
Cheer up Greeno on 20:43 - Apr 13 with 6518 viewspaulparker

im sure his 50 large a week will cushion his disappointment

Sorry but he is a below average goalkeeper , who is always a ricket away from a disaster
on his day he can be good but overall I wont shed to many tears when he goes in the summer
in the big games you need your keeper on top form , yesterday he was all over the shop he nearly conceded from a cross, his command of the area was terrible and his kicking all day was dire
a good goalie should be saving you 10 points a season , never in a million years is that Green , nice guy maybe, a top keeper never ,
I would play mcarthey from now on , because this is the kid who has all the attributes to be a great keeper

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Cheer up Greeno on 21:00 - Apr 13 with 6487 viewsOutintheOrne

Cheer up Greeno on 20:43 - Apr 13 by paulparker

Sorry but he is a below average goalkeeper , who is always a ricket away from a disaster
on his day he can be good but overall I wont shed to many tears when he goes in the summer
in the big games you need your keeper on top form , yesterday he was all over the shop he nearly conceded from a cross, his command of the area was terrible and his kicking all day was dire
a good goalie should be saving you 10 points a season , never in a million years is that Green , nice guy maybe, a top keeper never ,
I would play mcarthey from now on , because this is the kid who has all the attributes to be a great keeper

I don't disagree with you about Mcarthey, think he will be good but I think you're being way too harsh on Green however much he earns. He's a good keeper and been outstanding this season and he was clearly gutted yesterday, he knew he'd fukked up for his teammates but they in turn were too slow to react against some (spit) quality players.

Is he worth 50k a week, no but that's another argument.
Cheer up Greeno on 21:03 - Apr 13 with 6481 viewsToast_R

Cheer up Greeno on 20:43 - Apr 13 by paulparker

Hmm until Mccarthy makes a ricket then he's for the wolves too. Keepers make f@ckups, even the great ones and the nature of their position means that when it happens it results in a soft goal for all and sundry to peck at. But then over a season the defenders f@ckups probably contribute to more goals the the keepers odd one. Hark at Rio and Caulker and Dunne's habit of o.g'ing. When you consider some of the crap we've had between the sticks I reckon Green stands out above them all considering the level.
Cheer up Greeno on 21:04 - Apr 13 with 6476 viewsTrellick

His kicking yesterday was odd. The previous 3/4 kicks to the one that led to their goal were slices that didn't reach the halfway line , he also had opportunities to pick the ball up and kick but opted to kick from the floor. We wernt winning many headers anyway so why not kick as long as possible?
Cheer up Greeno on 21:05 - Apr 13 with 6471 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Cheer up Greeno on 21:03 - Apr 13 by Toast_R

Hmm until Mccarthy makes a ricket then he's for the wolves too. Keepers make f@ckups, even the great ones and the nature of their position means that when it happens it results in a soft goal for all and sundry to peck at. But then over a season the defenders f@ckups probably contribute to more goals the the keepers odd one. Hark at Rio and Caulker and Dunne's habit of o.g'ing. When you consider some of the crap we've had between the sticks I reckon Green stands out above them all considering the level.

Not sure about that Toast. Parkes and Seaman? Not too shabby on their day.
Cheer up Greeno on 21:11 - Apr 13 with 6450 viewspaulparker

Cheer up Greeno on 21:03 - Apr 13 by Toast_R

all keepers fcuk up, but its the ones who make less that are the ones who win you games or grab you a point
Green has always been a calamity ,he lacks concentration and his command of his area is really poor, he certainly isn't worth the dough we pay him , go through the seasons and Green makes all lot of mistakes that cost games ,
not being able to kick the ball out of your hands less than 20 yards is schoolboy stuff
mcarthey is the future and we need to bed him in now

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Cheer up Greeno on 21:21 - Apr 13 with 6425 viewspaulparker

Cheer up Greeno on 21:05 - Apr 13 by Sudbury_Hill_R

Not sure about that Toast. Parkes and Seaman? Not too shabby on their day.

Stejskal

and IMHO Day was a much better keeper than Green

Cheer up Greeno on 21:27 - Apr 13 with 6411 viewsLblock

In my time down the Rangers
Hucker
Seamen
Jan Stjkel
Chris Day
Simon Royce
All far better more solid reliable and dependable keepers than Green

I'd add Lee Camp on his day but I'm coming more from the dependability angle.
Yeah, all keepers make mistakes and their mistakes are exposed. That list of keepers above all made errors of one shape or form. The difference is you weren't sitting there always waiting for the next one to come along as you are with Green
He reminds me of Tony Roberts. Great saves but couldn't kick a cat and always had a "Norwich" moment in him.

I'd replace the tile of this thread with two different words to "Cheer Up" but that's just me.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Cheer up Greeno on 22:45 - Apr 13 with 6312 viewsstevenagehoop

Cheer up Greeno on 21:27 - Apr 13 by Lblock

In my time down the Rangers
Hucker
Seamen
Jan Stjkel
Chris Day
Simon Royce
All far better more solid reliable and dependable keepers than Green

I'd add Lee Camp on his day but I'm coming more from the dependability angle.
Yeah, all keepers make mistakes and their mistakes are exposed. That list of keepers above all made errors of one shape or form. The difference is you weren't sitting there always waiting for the next one to come along as you are with Green
He reminds me of Tony Roberts. Great saves but couldn't kick a cat and always had a "Norwich" moment in him.

I'd replace the tile of this thread with two different words to "Cheer Up" but that's just me.

Seamen yes Jan was prone to mistakes just as Green is. The others didn't,t play for their countries because they weren't good enough in his time when at his best Green was.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Cheer up Greeno on 22:46 - Apr 13 with 6309 viewsozexile

It will for me anyway.
Cheer up Greeno on 22:54 - Apr 13 with 6295 viewsstevenagehoop

Cheer up Greeno on 22:46 - Apr 13 by ozexile

It will for me anyway.

Do you take the same view on Charlie's missed penalty against Hull at the start of the season those dropped points could be just as important as the two lost sunday difference was others were involved after Green's mis kick Charlie did it all on his own. Will you remember that miss more than all the goals that he has scored this season.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Cheer up Greeno on 22:59 - Apr 13 with 6266 viewsHollowayRanger

same as Charlie missing the hull penalty

in fact that hurt us a heck of a lot more

every player makes mistakes ,gets things wrong ,chelski keeper kicked the ball straight to Charlie adams last week and got made to look like a mug from 50 yards

didn't look like a mug sunday

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Cheer up Greeno on 23:31 - Apr 13 with 6248 viewsozexile

Cheer up Greeno on 22:54 - Apr 13 by stevenagehoop

Do you take the same view on Charlie's missed penalty against Hull at the start of the season those dropped points could be just as important as the two lost sunday difference was others were involved after Green's mis kick Charlie did it all on his own. Will you remember that miss more than all the goals that he has scored this season.

Maybe, maybe not. But I still remember both Bannisters hatricks against Chelsea. In fact when people talk about him its the first thing I remember. I also remember Quashie's screamer against Chelsea. In the future when Green is talked about I will remember Sunday.
Cheer up Greeno on 23:59 - Apr 13 with 6208 viewsHollowayRanger

its the toughest postion on the pitch

striker misses a sitter he can still be a hero if he gets the next one or someone else scores

keeper drops one he's the villain end off

peter shilton first two things I think off

Poland and that german freekick

still one of englands best ever

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Cheer up Greeno on 06:36 - Apr 14 with 6152 viewsToast_R

Cheer up Greeno on 21:21 - Apr 13 by paulparker

Stejskal

and IMHO Day was a much better keeper than Green

Stejskal I always believed well overated by QPR fans. Anyone who couldn't keep Tony Roberts out of the side should take a long hard look at themselves.

Chris Day better then Green? Don't make me laugh. That's like saying Andy Thomson was just as good as Charlie Austin. Day was decent for a couple of seasons in League 1 and only had Nick Caulkin as his competition who when wasn't injured, played like a Commodore 64 goalkeeper on easy setting. In the Championship Day was pretty poor and showed us up big style none more so then that p@ss poor defeat to relegation bound Forest in the cup where he was getting lobbed from silly angles. Don't think he played again after that shambles. As soon as a better option came in like Camp or Royce, it was good night for Day.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2015 6:58]
Cheer up Greeno on 06:44 - Apr 14 with 6147 viewsBushman

Paddy Kenny was better than Green.

Anyone remember him?

Been following Qpr sice mid 70's and whe always had a good keeper,Parkes,Chris Woods, Seamen etc
[Post edited 14 Apr 2015 6:51]

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024