Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
next manager... 22:15 - Nov 3 with 36440 viewsGloucs_R

Who do we want that is realistic?

Poll: Are we staying up?

next manager... on 16:53 - Nov 5 with 2958 viewsEddo

next manager... on 15:30 - Nov 5 by Northernr

The guy who just left Liverpool and is going to be favourite for every Premier League job that comes up? Yeh, he's definitely going to jump at the chance to manage a Championship circus.

http://www.skybet.com/football/specials/manager-specials

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink now favorite according to Skybet!
Not sure how to feel about that...

Bizzarelly no mention of Brendan, lol
next manager... on 16:55 - Nov 5 with 2955 viewsLowerloftLad

if there were clear guild lines next season of the job is staying up and a lot of big earners were to be sold then I would plump for holloway

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

next manager... on 16:58 - Nov 5 with 2932 viewsdaveB

next manager... on 16:53 - Nov 5 by Eddo

They have no idea and are just guessing same as they always do.

Imo it will be Warnock or Sherwood
next manager... on 17:34 - Nov 5 with 2866 viewsJamie

next manager... on 16:53 - Nov 5 by Eddo

Hasselbaink is the outstanding 'candidate' but he wouldn't touch the club with a 10 foot bargepole.

He's going to get a second consecutive promotion with Burton, with a supportive owner and £200m less pressure on him.

He'd be booed out of town within 3 months here anyway. Doesn't play the champagne football QPR fans seem to feel we deserve.
next manager... on 18:50 - Nov 5 with 2783 viewsCamberleyR

next manager... on 13:37 - Nov 5 by Clive_Anderson

Warnock had us playing the best football we've had in the last 20 years. Even in the Premier League we were putting in some great performances before he got the boot for the MK Dons away draw in the cup (which sounds ridiculous now).

Ollie played some great stuff with Blackpool as well and was very unlucky not to keep them up on a shoestring budget.

It always seems to me that as soon as a manager is sacked then they are considered no good forever regardless of previous achievements. Even Clough was sacked twice before going to Forest. No doubt Mourinho will be "past it" when he gets sacked next week too.

Not quite correct. Cloughie was only ever sacked from Leeds. He resigned from Derby (he always said the most stupid thing he ever did in football) and effectively resigned the Brighton job when Leeds approached him.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

next manager... on 19:04 - Nov 5 with 2732 viewsbaz_qpr

Sorry if already posted - from Scottish mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3305643/Hibernian-boss-Alan-St
next manager... on 19:06 - Nov 5 with 2730 viewsDiscodroids

Oh well at least the somber tone has lifted a little from this morning, I was half expecting Matin Lewis , the bbc Newsreader Ala Lady Di, to have taken over Clives Role this Morning and Announce Ramseys Departure on the home page.

Im so upset im going to play the' last post' on my Rolf harris stylophone after me dinner tonight in memorial.Possibly.

Italian cod fillet , if you must know, you nosy bastards.

Hello PP !!
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 19:12]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

next manager... on 19:20 - Nov 5 with 2698 viewsjohncharles

next manager... on 19:06 - Nov 5 by Discodroids

Oh well at least the somber tone has lifted a little from this morning, I was half expecting Matin Lewis , the bbc Newsreader Ala Lady Di, to have taken over Clives Role this Morning and Announce Ramseys Departure on the home page.

Im so upset im going to play the' last post' on my Rolf harris stylophone after me dinner tonight in memorial.Possibly.

Italian cod fillet , if you must know, you nosy bastards.

Hello PP !!
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 19:12]

No cod in the Mediterranean mate, you've been done.
Done up like a kipper. An Italian kipper.

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

next manager... on 19:21 - Nov 5 with 2691 viewsDiscodroids

next manager... on 19:20 - Nov 5 by johncharles

No cod in the Mediterranean mate, you've been done.
Done up like a kipper. An Italian kipper.

dem and blest it !!..

Jamie oliver is a charlatan .

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

next manager... on 19:25 - Nov 5 with 2667 viewsTheBlob

Why not make the manager's post a guest position - like the empty plinth on Trafalgar Square,a different one every f*cking month to pander to every taste and whim.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

next manager... on 19:25 - Nov 5 with 2660 viewsactonman

Don't think warnock has it in his locker anymore , too much time on talk sport and the like.

Sherwood is a shoe in but will cost too much to get his compo sorted. Not sure the owners would go with such an unpopular choice but hey,Ramsay got the job after the equivalent of sh@gging the boss's daughter and leaving her up the duff so you never know.

Can't think of many others that will work with Neil still upstairs except someone like Derry but if we go down that road we may as well of stuck with Ramsey .

Can see something like the latter happening until the end of the season sparking weekly b!tch fights between our selfs scrambling to get on our high horses
next manager... on 19:40 - Nov 5 with 2632 viewsHooparoo

What's Luigi de Canio doing?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

next manager... on 20:10 - Nov 5 with 2579 viewsjohncharles

next manager... on 19:25 - Nov 5 by TheBlob

Why not make the manager's post a guest position - like the empty plinth on Trafalgar Square,a different one every f*cking month to pander to every taste and whim.

We've tried that

Strong and stable my arse.

next manager... on 21:16 - Nov 5 with 2507 viewsqprphil

What about Warburton who was in charge at Brentford. Or Pearson, done a great job for Leicester.
next manager... on 21:23 - Nov 5 with 2488 viewsCHUBBS

next manager... on 17:34 - Nov 5 by Jamie

Hasselbaink is the outstanding 'candidate' but he wouldn't touch the club with a 10 foot bargepole.

He's going to get a second consecutive promotion with Burton, with a supportive owner and £200m less pressure on him.

He'd be booed out of town within 3 months here anyway. Doesn't play the champagne football QPR fans seem to feel we deserve.

Outstanding candidate????
If he's the outstanding candidate,what does that make Rowett,the man who built the team he took over.
Getting them promoted was a penalty kick.
I'm not convinced.
Pearson for me,been there and done it,takes no shit whilst playing beautiful football.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 21:27]
next manager... on 22:03 - Nov 5 with 2412 viewsderbyhoop

There is no way we are going to pay the compensation necessary to recruit any current managers. That rules out, of the names mentioned, Hasselbaink, Jackett Dean Smith and Ainsworth.
Neither Sherwood nor Rodgers will come for the sort of money we can pay when the transfer kitty is empty.
Warnock is 66, lives in Cornwall, only wants to work 2 days per week, so can only be a short term appointment.
The favourites have to be Holloway and Pearson.
But the interesting ones are:
Brian McDermott
Derek McInnes

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

next manager... on 22:05 - Nov 5 with 2403 viewscaptainmycaptian

Laudrup ? Anyone know what he is up to
next manager... on 22:11 - Nov 5 with 2380 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Complete fruit loop, check out Swansea comments regarding his removal
next manager... on 22:41 - Nov 5 with 2346 viewskarl

next manager... on 19:04 - Nov 5 by baz_qpr

Sorry if already posted - from Scottish mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3305643/Hibernian-boss-Alan-St

Seen a couple of Scottish based managers being mentioned;
McInnes at Aberdeen has hit a prolonged sticky patch similar to his good start at Bristol City and consequent demise?
Stubbs at Hibs has undoubtedly hit a bit of form and his rebuilding job (which was substantial) is bearing fruit, been a slow burner and don't think we would give him the time he would need to turn it around so imo opinion not what QPR need atm but very good for Hibs.
Jackie McNamara was Discos favourite for a while but after selling a load of players and taking Dundee Utd to the bottom of the league was sacked a few weeks ago and resurfaced this week as York City manager, little strange that one?
Warburton, doing well at Glasgow Rangers but they are in the brown stuff financially and would be easy to arrange departure imo.
However my choice would be Northern Irishman Tommy Wright at St Johnstone, built a good team playing solid but well balanced pacy football, won their first ever trophy and competing in Europe the last 3 seasons (prety sure?). Was being tapped up by Dundee Utd but chose to sign a new contract at Saints although imo this was a tactic from both manager and club that D Utd was a sideways step but should any bigger fish come looking then the club would be well served with a reasonable compensation package (although we're strapped for cash i don't think it would be prohibitive to any English Championship club).
James Fowler at Queen of the South (Andy Thomson old team) is one i think has a future but nowhere near our level yet.

Btw Michael O'Halloran (24) at St Johnstone is on fire atm and worth scouting for Championship. Pace, skill and playing with confidence he looks the business just now.
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:11 - Nov 5 with 2279 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

next manager... on 22:41 - Nov 5 by karl

Seen a couple of Scottish based managers being mentioned;
McInnes at Aberdeen has hit a prolonged sticky patch similar to his good start at Bristol City and consequent demise?
Stubbs at Hibs has undoubtedly hit a bit of form and his rebuilding job (which was substantial) is bearing fruit, been a slow burner and don't think we would give him the time he would need to turn it around so imo opinion not what QPR need atm but very good for Hibs.
Jackie McNamara was Discos favourite for a while but after selling a load of players and taking Dundee Utd to the bottom of the league was sacked a few weeks ago and resurfaced this week as York City manager, little strange that one?
Warburton, doing well at Glasgow Rangers but they are in the brown stuff financially and would be easy to arrange departure imo.
However my choice would be Northern Irishman Tommy Wright at St Johnstone, built a good team playing solid but well balanced pacy football, won their first ever trophy and competing in Europe the last 3 seasons (prety sure?). Was being tapped up by Dundee Utd but chose to sign a new contract at Saints although imo this was a tactic from both manager and club that D Utd was a sideways step but should any bigger fish come looking then the club would be well served with a reasonable compensation package (although we're strapped for cash i don't think it would be prohibitive to any English Championship club).
James Fowler at Queen of the South (Andy Thomson old team) is one i think has a future but nowhere near our level yet.

Btw Michael O'Halloran (24) at St Johnstone is on fire atm and worth scouting for Championship. Pace, skill and playing with confidence he looks the business just now.

How comes LFW has a better scouting network than QPR football club?.......

Cheers Karl.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 23:17]
next manager... on 23:12 - Nov 5 with 2272 viewsJAPRANGERS

next manager... on 05:11 - Nov 6 with 2169 viewsCanadaRanger

To quote Clive: "It won’t get clicks or hits or retweets, but the simple truth is Chris Ramsey wasn’t that good, or that bad.". True. So true. For me, Chris Ramsey was every bit as good as the players who were not getting it done on the pitch (or those who decided to be away from our pitch), yet he takes the long walk. Take that how you will. Not even Sir Alf Ramsey could manage a sow's ear into a silk purse, never mind Chris Ramsey. Where is Sandro anyway?

How many "top" managers are currently out of work for reasons other than failure somewhere else?

Amongst those "top" managers, who really wants this kind of poisoned chalice?! A second successive opportunity to fail, egged on by a big section of fan-base who are never satisfied... at least not since 2006. 20 managers in 9 years. Joke.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2015 5:14]
next manager... on 08:48 - Nov 6 with 2103 viewssupahoopsa

What about the two physco's that are/were at Salford City that were on the box last night....they look like they wouldn't take any sh1t from any of the players.

;-)

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

next manager... on 12:29 - Nov 6 with 2027 viewsNW10Hoop

next manager... on 08:48 - Nov 6 by supahoopsa

What about the two physco's that are/were at Salford City that were on the box last night....they look like they wouldn't take any sh1t from any of the players.

;-)

I know you're joking but I can't really remember a time recently that QPR came out of the blocks all fired up. The Fulham game once again springs to mind, they flew out of the blocks while our lot looked like they were still doing their stretches.
next manager... on 12:30 - Nov 6 with 2025 viewsYorkRanger

Times today suggests Pearson interested in QPR, QPR interested in Warburton.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024