Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 584314 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 10:40 - May 7 with 2375 viewsGaryT

Just finished Baby Reindeer and watched the last two episodes again as the missus fell asleep the first time round. There's a bit of artistic licence as it seems the on stage breakdown didn't happen in real life but he did tell the story at the Edinburgh festival and that went viral and led to Netflix contacting him but it's still an impressive bit of acting.

As someone who's had to deal with a stalker it does shine a light on the darker side of it and the path it can lead you down. Thankfully my experience wasn't anywhere near as bad as that, mine impersonated four different people that would message/email me so there's more than one way to be a deranged stalker.

A thought provoking ending to the series as well, he's a much better actor than he is a comedian.
Half decent tv on 10:58 - May 7 with 2278 viewsE17hoop

We binged the second series of Kin in a couple of nights. Brilliant.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Half decent tv on 17:19 - May 8 with 2072 viewsMrSheen

I’ve just noticed I, Claudius is back on iPlayer, so that’s me sorted for the next few days. A pleasant surprise how many of the cast are still going, eg Derek Jacobi, Patrick Stewart, Sian Phillips, Brian Blessed…Christopher Biggins, who must have been filming Porridge at the same time. Quite the double.
Half decent tv on 17:28 - May 8 with 2035 viewsRanger_Things

Second series of Blue Lights and The Responder on the Beeb.
Half decent tv on 15:33 - May 9 with 1865 viewsNed_Kennedys

The Devil’s Plan on Netflix: a Korean reality show based on just skill and strategy games.
Interesting enough although the instructions for most games are quite complicated to follow to begin with. Also no advantage at all for physical strength and endurance which always ruins Physical 100 in the end.
Half decent tv on 12:17 - May 10 with 1706 viewsdaveB

Baby Reindeer is so good and the Piers Morgan interview with her last night whilst being quite uncomfortable at times due to the woman clearly being mentally ill was an incredible watch as well. It's made me want to go back to the Hawley Arms
Half decent tv on 13:24 - May 10 with 1629 viewsSuperhoop83

Do NOT watch Triangle of Sadness, recently released on Netflix.

A promising start quickly goes downhill into the most incoherent pile of sh*te I think I've ever seen. The last hour looks like it's been edited by a madman in a hurry.

Dire.

Suffering since 1978.

Half decent tv on 13:28 - May 10 with 1620 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks for recommending Shardlake, folks.

Enjoyed it. A quality whodunnit.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 14:04 - May 10 with 1576 viewsPaddyhoops

Been watching old episodes of MASH .
Nearly fell off the sofa last when our beloved QPR got a mention.
Half decent tv on 15:32 - May 10 with 1482 viewsHAYESBOY

Dark Matter on Apple has started well.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Half decent tv on 23:12 - May 10 with 1313 viewsMrSheen

Re-watching I, Claudius - every bit as good as I remember - I’m struck by the resemblance between George Baker’s excellent turn as the frosty, irritable, paranoid weirdo Emperor Tiberius, ever-resentful of his mother’s control over him, and…our current head of state. Once you see it…
Half decent tv on 00:28 - May 11 with 1259 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Half decent tv on 13:24 - May 10 by Superhoop83

Do NOT watch Triangle of Sadness, recently released on Netflix.

A promising start quickly goes downhill into the most incoherent pile of sh*te I think I've ever seen. The last hour looks like it's been edited by a madman in a hurry.

Dire.

I thought it was class and easier to digest once you swallow it for the satire it is.
Half decent tv on 00:32 - May 11 with 1254 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Half decent tv on 12:17 - May 10 by daveB

Baby Reindeer is so good and the Piers Morgan interview with her last night whilst being quite uncomfortable at times due to the woman clearly being mentally ill was an incredible watch as well. It's made me want to go back to the Hawley Arms

I saw Mischa Barton in there right at the height of her OC fame.

That series wasn’t for me, but I remember thinking she was the most beautiful human I’d ever seen in my life.
Half decent tv on 10:33 - May 12 with 1050 viewsdaveB

Half decent tv on 00:32 - May 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

I saw Mischa Barton in there right at the height of her OC fame.

That series wasn’t for me, but I remember thinking she was the most beautiful human I’d ever seen in my life.

We used to see Amy Winehouse in there all the time in various different states,
Half decent tv on 10:57 - May 12 with 1016 viewsLblock

Sexy Beast — the mini series prequel to the film. In Paramount+
Tamsin Crieg as Don Logan’s sister is utterly brilliant but the rest of it a bit hit n miss.

I quite liked it.
It’s not exactly family viewing and just about manages to avoid descending into a Guy Ritchie “right old cockney barrel of monkeys” guff.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Half decent tv on 07:30 - May 13 with 904 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Half decent tv on 23:12 - May 10 by MrSheen

Re-watching I, Claudius - every bit as good as I remember - I’m struck by the resemblance between George Baker’s excellent turn as the frosty, irritable, paranoid weirdo Emperor Tiberius, ever-resentful of his mother’s control over him, and…our current head of state. Once you see it…

I bought the Box-set a few years ago as I'd never seen it. Bloody brilliant.

I started 'Parasyte : The Grey'
I'm on episode 3 really enjoying it, starts off a bit meh but very enjoyable thus far I'm glad I gave it a chance.

It wont win any Bafta's though.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 23:51 - May 18 with 560 viewsenfieldargh

Blasted through 6 episodes of Billy the Kid on prime. Good western series with decent sets like Deadwood had and not just a few wooden huts= Wild West town

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Half decent tv on 04:09 - May 19 with 495 viewsHAYESBOY

Outer Range with Josh Brolin back on, on Amazon season 2. Very good.

Half decent tv on 09:07 - May 19 with 416 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 04:09 - May 19 by HAYESBOY

Outer Range with Josh Brolin back on, on Amazon season 2. Very good.

Is that the ranch-with-a-hole-in-it story? Been a while since the first.
Half decent tv on 10:47 - May 19 with 362 viewshubble

Friends have been going on about Ripley (based on book/film The Talented Mr Ripley) so I watched the first episode.. thought it was absolute shite. Zero chemistry between the characters, Andrew Scott plays Ripley as kind of creepy with Aspergers (why the fck Dicky Greenlief would befriend him I don't know) and then they really jump the shark with Eliot Sumner (Sting's daughter, but identifies as non-binary) playing Freddie Miles, with a deeeep voice..

Can't watch any more of it. If you've seen the brilliant original film, this is a travesty. IMHO, of course.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Half decent tv on 10:56 - May 19 with 348 viewsHAYESBOY

Half decent tv on 09:07 - May 19 by MrSheen

Yes.

Half decent tv on 11:23 - May 19 with 327 viewsozexile

Half decent tv on 10:47 - May 19 by hubble

Friends have been going on about Ripley (based on book/film The Talented Mr Ripley) so I watched the first episode.. thought it was absolute shite. Zero chemistry between the characters, Andrew Scott plays Ripley as kind of creepy with Aspergers (why the fck Dicky Greenlief would befriend him I don't know) and then they really jump the shark with Eliot Sumner (Sting's daughter, but identifies as non-binary) playing Freddie Miles, with a deeeep voice..

Can't watch any more of it. If you've seen the brilliant original film, this is a travesty. IMHO, of course.

Agree I turned it off as well.
Half decent tv on 15:35 - May 19 with 244 viewsEsox_Lucius

Strays on Sky Movies. Will Ferrell, Jamie Foxx & Isla Fisher. If you love movies about a dog biting its owners dick off, this perfect.

The grass is always greener.

Half decent tv on 16:30 - May 19 with 213 viewsNed_Kennedys

Half decent tv on 09:07 - May 19 by MrSheen

That’s the problem with long gaps between series : you have to pretty much watch the whole of the first series again to remember what it was about before starting the second series.
Half decent tv on 22:06 - May 19 with 118 viewsLadbrokeR

Just finished watching the gathering on more 4. I thought it was pretty good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024