Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vintage 11:45 - Jan 6 with 5532 viewsLadbrokeR

So who was there on the 17th of April 1976 in the caged pen at Carrow road when were as close as we have ever been to winning the football league. I remember getting a special train from Wembley Central. It was our last away game of the season and 41 years later Norwich is our last away game. There will be no special train but will we need something to survive ?
Vintage on 12:00 - Jan 6 with 5504 viewswelwynranger

I was there. Still having nightmares. Was in the stand, a mini bus of us turned up without tickets and gave the turnstile man money to let us in. We sat in season tickets holders seats , had some rows with fans and stewards but refused to leave. So stood at the back of the stand.
Vintage on 12:33 - Jan 6 with 5423 viewssmegma

Vintage on 12:00 - Jan 6 by welwynranger

I was there. Still having nightmares. Was in the stand, a mini bus of us turned up without tickets and gave the turnstile man money to let us in. We sat in season tickets holders seats , had some rows with fans and stewards but refused to leave. So stood at the back of the stand.

I bunked the train there but got stopped at the station after the game.Ended up getting a lift home in a coach that seemed to have about 70 people in a 50 seater. I jibbed in as well then me and my mate found ourselves in a home stand. Must've been 50 Rangers in and around us.
Vintage on 12:44 - Jan 6 with 5414 viewsterryb

I was another one of the thousands that were there.

I lived at Stowmarket at the time & went for a drink in a pub (now closed) called the Pickwick before the game. Before 2.00 I was advised to get to the ground as it would probably be full very soon.

I think it was a week aftewards before I said anything other than a grunt & that wasn't because I'd lost my voice!

I can still vividly recall every kick of that match & my replaying of it confirms Boyer was way offside! I also had a £5 bet on Rangers winning the league that season at 40/1. The closest I've ever been to landing a football bet of that size!

I was also there for another last away match of the season when Gary Waddock was manager. We chucked away a two goal lead & lost!
Vintage on 15:27 - Jan 6 with 5304 viewsBoston

Yeah, was rather impressed by the club running the special an easy walk from my house. Still remember Vic coming down the carriage telling us all to clean up our mess.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Vintage on 16:06 - Jan 6 with 5250 viewswortonranger

I was there with my dad. Felt like all the gods were against us - what with a goal that looked a mile offside ( mind you, we were behind the goal at the other end ) and a fluke of a wonder goal from someone who never scored. As for the wolves game, I was at a parents evening with a radio in the desk. When there was a gap in appointments I had a quick listen only to hear "you'll never walk alone " being sung.still waiting for another chance.
Vintage on 16:36 - Jan 6 with 5212 viewskingo

I was there. I went on the special from Wembley as well. I can still remember the scene at the end with all the Rangers fans sitting on the grass bank behind the away stand with heads in hands. Then back on the train and everyone seemed to have nicked a Norwich scarf. Then plans were made to go to Wolves midweek, most just listened in the pub to the transistor, some did go though. I remember celebrating when Wolves went one up but it all went Pete Tong after that.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Vintage on 17:38 - Jan 6 with 5137 viewsNewYorkRanger

I was there - my Dad took me as an 8 year old. We were up in Norfolk on holiday anyway. I can still remember sitting in some park with my parents, 2 sisters and brother before the game and some geezer with a yellow and green scarf coming right up into my face and shouting 'poxy w@nkers' - which kind of scared me at the time

I can remember it being really tight in that corner terrace, but fortunately we stood near another father and son and the dad had brought in a kind of home made step for his boy to stand on so he could see the game - I was able to stand on it next to him so I could see too, with my Dad and brother standing behind me.

I also remember my old man getting into a row with the bill after the game as they were trying to force us back to the station to get a train to London.

I cried for a long time after that game.

Glory hunter, me

Vintage on 18:20 - Jan 6 with 5098 viewsBoston

Vintage on 17:38 - Jan 6 by NewYorkRanger

I was there - my Dad took me as an 8 year old. We were up in Norfolk on holiday anyway. I can still remember sitting in some park with my parents, 2 sisters and brother before the game and some geezer with a yellow and green scarf coming right up into my face and shouting 'poxy w@nkers' - which kind of scared me at the time

I can remember it being really tight in that corner terrace, but fortunately we stood near another father and son and the dad had brought in a kind of home made step for his boy to stand on so he could see the game - I was able to stand on it next to him so I could see too, with my Dad and brother standing behind me.

I also remember my old man getting into a row with the bill after the game as they were trying to force us back to the station to get a train to London.

Some are still crying.
BTW, sorry if I marked you down, clumsy fingers on small phone.

Login to get fewer ads

Vintage on 18:25 - Jan 6 with 5088 viewsFredManRave

What a tosser that "poxy w@nkers" shouter was.

Did he look anything like this?!

[Post edited 6 Jan 2017 18:26]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Vintage on 18:29 - Jan 6 with 5075 viewsDWQPR

Was there with my brother and parents and a family friend standing on the Carrow Road terrace with thousands of other Rangers supporters. Remember that there was some fun and games with the Rangers supporters in the caged corner with the old bill and the Naaaaarrgge supporters down that end. Peter Morris scored the worldy, he would never have hit a goal like that in his life, sheer fluke and Boyer was well offside with the header. It was the weekend before my tenth birthday.

Will always have the consolation of witnessing that side each week during that season, they reLly were that good, even the 1-0's were a thrashing, some grew late winners from the likes of David Webb and Stan was and remains God.

Still hate Norwich with a passion. Hate Delia, hate Stephen Fry, hate Ed Balls, hate yellow, hate green, hate yellow and green, hate canaries, hate mustard and as for that fûcking song of theirs...............knuts.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Vintage on 18:32 - Jan 6 with 5068 viewsBoston

Ah, clicked you back to zero, didn't know you could do that if you'd already upped or downed.

Vintage on 18:37 - Jan 6 with 5055 viewsNewYorkRanger

Why thank you sir. The geezer was a lot uglier than that. Only had about 2 teeth as I recall

Glory hunter, me

Vintage on 18:47 - Jan 6 with 5038 viewsLblock

Was it dungarees at dawn and all kicking off everywhere???

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Vintage on 18:57 - Jan 6 with 5017 viewsNewYorkRanger

Similarly, Boston,it seems I can't quite suss this out from my phone either

Glory hunter, me

Vintage on 21:21 - Jan 6 with 4923 viewseasthertsr

I was there, one of the worst football days of my life. For our younger supporters it must be hard to imagine but we were the best team in the league that season. The whole thing was stitched up by the powers that be to give Liverpool the best possible chance to win the title. We had been in cracking form in the run in only to come up against a once in a lifetime hit and hope potshot and a goal that was so offside it was embarrassing it was awarded. As others have said have hated the six fingered carrot crunchers ever since.
Vintage on 22:07 - Jan 6 with 4890 viewsDannyPaddox

Vintage on 18:25 - Jan 6 by FredManRave

What a tosser that "poxy w@nkers" shouter was.

Did he look anything like this?!

[Post edited 6 Jan 2017 18:26]

Such a sweet girl. What happened to you Delia?
Vintage on 22:14 - Jan 6 with 4872 viewsFredManRave

Vintage on 22:07 - Jan 6 by DannyPaddox

Such a sweet girl. What happened to you Delia?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Vintage on 03:13 - Jan 7 with 4784 viewsLadbrokeR

Vintage on 18:47 - Jan 6 by Lblock

L block it was jungle greens and doc martens . This was back in day when you stood at the front of the loft our the back of the loft. It was also QPR silk scarves.
Vintage on 03:16 - Jan 7 with 4783 viewsLadbrokeR

Vintage on 18:29 - Jan 6 by DWQPR

Was there with my brother and parents and a family friend standing on the Carrow Road terrace with thousands of other Rangers supporters. Remember that there was some fun and games with the Rangers supporters in the caged corner with the old bill and the Naaaaarrgge supporters down that end. Peter Morris scored the worldy, he would never have hit a goal like that in his life, sheer fluke and Boyer was well offside with the header. It was the weekend before my tenth birthday.

Will always have the consolation of witnessing that side each week during that season, they reLly were that good, even the 1-0's were a thrashing, some grew late winners from the likes of David Webb and Stan was and remains God.

Still hate Norwich with a passion. Hate Delia, hate Stephen Fry, hate Ed Balls, hate yellow, hate green, hate yellow and green, hate canaries, hate mustard and as for that fûcking song of theirs...............knuts.

And they sing a song that starts all aboard Sid FFS.
Vintage on 12:48 - Jan 7 with 4679 viewsFloridaR

I was there 9 years old !!
My dad was looking for tickets to buy outside ground, was many qpr fans at the ground and in the end after walking around the ground and hearing the fans inside we went back to the car & listened to the radio with the ground in the distance then drove all way home.
Maybe a bit of mixed memory here but seemed our fans didn't get on with norwich that day or next few visits and I remember seeing a couple running battles with fans going back to the station...

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Vintage on 13:41 - Jan 7 with 4645 viewsTacticalR

Vintage on 18:47 - Jan 6 by Lblock

Manchester United fans try to pull the away end to pieces...

Air hostess clique

Vintage on 13:56 - Jan 7 with 4622 viewsJAPRANGERS

I'd love to read Clive's report for that match
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 14:06]
Vintage on 14:04 - Jan 7 with 4610 viewsBoston

Vintage on 12:48 - Jan 7 by FloridaR

I was there 9 years old !!
My dad was looking for tickets to buy outside ground, was many qpr fans at the ground and in the end after walking around the ground and hearing the fans inside we went back to the car & listened to the radio with the ground in the distance then drove all way home.
Maybe a bit of mixed memory here but seemed our fans didn't get on with norwich that day or next few visits and I remember seeing a couple running battles with fans going back to the station...

Running battles, yes. But we was running them.

Vintage on 14:17 - Jan 7 with 4582 viewsmacclesfieldman

Vintage on 14:04 - Jan 7 by Boston

Running battles, yes. But we was running them.

I was there. Got a train from Manchester. This was a Saturday, we played Arsenal on the Monday (bank holiday) and Leeds on the following Saturday. As a 16 yr old Telegram Boy from Manchester it took all my salary to attend all 3 games, 21 in total for the season.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Vintage on 20:14 - Jan 7 with 4453 viewsBostonR

I was there - almost like a home game. I went to every home game and quite a few away that season. We were the real deal - what a fantastic team. Francis and Bowles got most of the coverage but Don Masson was simply outstanding that season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024