Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freeman and Manning 12:02 - Apr 10 with 4343 viewsstuabd

Watching these two seeming to get better each week, got me thinking about how much attention they'll get from other clubs in the summer. We obviously need both to be mainstays in the midfield next season, and I'd be gutted if one or the other was poached.

I think we're safe with Freeman as he's been in the league for a while and his best performances have come towards the end of the season.

Manning on the other hand looks like a real find. I remember Dave Mc saying how a few other clubs were looking at him before he even got in our match squad. He's tenacious and skilful and you'd think that this has been picked up on my other managers in the league or even ones on the way down from the Prem.

I know we have to be realistic and make a profit on a player, but I hope Manning is on a nice contract that keeps him with us next season at least.
Freeman and Manning on 12:34 - Apr 10 with 3477 viewskingsburyR

I'd put down a fair lump of cash on them both being with us first game of next season!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Freeman and Manning on 12:36 - Apr 10 with 3470 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Agree with all that. Both players on new contracts so hopefully will be around for a good while!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Freeman and Manning on 12:53 - Apr 10 with 3428 viewspaulparker

I See Manning now has the customary footballers sleeve tattoo in full swing, I really hope this isn't the spiral of a good young talent going to waste and turning into bertie big bollox mode because this boy has the world at his feet

as for luango , i like him but he does frustrate especially with his passing i thought he was poor the other night and was chasing shadows maybe its all the travelling he has been doing lately , but he is a likable honest player

as for back up to Freeman & Goss perhaps we should look closer to home in Gladwin
Olly has turned manning, Hall, & Freeman into players who can play different positions so how about this lad as a CM ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Freeman and Manning on 13:00 - Apr 10 with 3416 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Freeman and Manning on 12:53 - Apr 10 by paulparker

I See Manning now has the customary footballers sleeve tattoo in full swing, I really hope this isn't the spiral of a good young talent going to waste and turning into bertie big bollox mode because this boy has the world at his feet

as for luango , i like him but he does frustrate especially with his passing i thought he was poor the other night and was chasing shadows maybe its all the travelling he has been doing lately , but he is a likable honest player

as for back up to Freeman & Goss perhaps we should look closer to home in Gladwin
Olly has turned manning, Hall, & Freeman into players who can play different positions so how about this lad as a CM ?

To be fair, some my mates who are carpet fitters and roofers have full sleeve tattoos and still do their job properly and aren't Charlie Big Spuds.

Just the latest trend amongst all younguns, not just footballers.
Freeman and Manning on 13:19 - Apr 10 with 3353 viewsHunterhoop

Freeman and Manning on 12:53 - Apr 10 by paulparker

Funny how people see the game differently.

I thought Luongo had a very strong game on Friday, and was better than Manning whilst they were both in the middle together. He made quite a few excellent tackles/blocks to disrupt Brighton's play. Both were obviously having to cover for Morrison, who, to all intents and purposes, was useless. He could have only been more conservative with his passing and movement, had he donned a grey wick and worn some leopard print shoes.

The stats bear out Luongo one of the best in the league for tackles, and we're near the end of the season, so it's not a statistical anomaly. I think a lot of what he does is goes unrecognised by many fans, but I believe he's equally as important as Freeman or Manning in us playing well. They should be the 3 in the middle next year, although you could play Freeman as a narrow LM if you needed to. If I had to pick 2 from 3 in the middle, I'd pick Luongo and Freeman as things stand.

Luongo still needs to work on his final ball and getting more goals, that's for sure. But I think that will come. He's still relatively young and his first goal will give him confidence, and his all round game is pretty solid.
Freeman and Manning on 13:36 - Apr 10 with 3321 viewspaulparker

Freeman and Manning on 13:00 - Apr 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

To be fair, some my mates who are carpet fitters and roofers have full sleeve tattoos and still do their job properly and aren't Charlie Big Spuds.

Just the latest trend amongst all younguns, not just footballers.

I know what your saying Baz each to there own I just thought that manning was a throwback to an age when a footballer was just a footballer , he had the black boots sensible hair no earrings and no silly sleeves, perhaps I sound like Brian clough

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Freeman and Manning on 13:57 - Apr 10 with 3260 viewsLblock

PP - see your point about Gladwin but I cant concur.

He'll never make it here as a player and I also see he's slipped out of Swindon's starting 11 now as well.
Apparently he has all the attributes to sort of cut it - tall, athletic, half decent touch, engine to go up and down, has a shot on him and a sleeve tattoo (!!!)... but; he has no pace, no confidence and seems to think he's made it already.

I'd take £3.67 and a bag of training balls for him in the summer.
IF he comes back and Ollie turns him into a player offering half as much as Manning then I think we can safely say Mr Holloway is somewhere between a magician and a genius.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Freeman and Manning on 14:07 - Apr 10 with 3237 viewsNorthernr

Luongo - did frustrate, and needs to add goals to his game obviously, but was great on Friday, and at Leeds, and has been for a few weeks now actually. Growing into a crucial player for us. Tops a lot of the stats for interceptions, tackles won etc in the division.

Manning - Just absolute quality. Engine, ball playing abaility and versatility. Looks like he's been playing at this level for years. hasn't done anything yet where I've thought "oooh, bit naive there" and yet he's only played 14 games.

Freeman - Puzzled. Liked him at Stevenage, presumed he hadn't stepped up at City, yet here he is playing like this.

Sleeve tats - I'm a bit grumpy old man about these as well, mainly because when these lads get to 40/50 they're going to look ridiculous. Always think it's a shame, and this happens all the time in rugby league, when the . commentator says some 18 year old is coming off the bench for his debut and the camera pans onto some fresh faced child who hasn't started shaving yet but is already covered in tats. I mean if I was permanently stuck with things I thought were a good idea when I was 19 I'd be editing LFW...
Login to get fewer ads

Freeman and Manning on 14:11 - Apr 10 with 3223 viewsstevec

It's not a bad midfield now but I'd be surprised if they are on anybody's radar at present.

Now where do we get that right back, left back, centre half, left winger and support for Smith up front? That's my worry.
Freeman and Manning on 14:18 - Apr 10 with 3205 viewsNorthernr

We'll we'll struggle to afford support for Smith upfront in the current climate, just as we did last summer. Got to shop clever and get lucky on that one.

Furlong is fine at right back and Bidwell likewise at left back. Centre back is interesting - if we could get some money for Lynch I'd be waving him on his way, and they're usually in plentiful supply and affordable.
Freeman and Manning on 14:19 - Apr 10 with 3202 viewssimmo

Freeman and Manning on 14:11 - Apr 10 by stevec

It's not a bad midfield now but I'd be surprised if they are on anybody's radar at present.

Now where do we get that right back, left back, centre half, left winger and support for Smith up front? That's my worry.

I don't see that we need a RB or a LB

RB - Furlong, Perch, Chief
LB - Bidwell, Robinson, Hamailanen

Perfectly fine, even accounting for Robinsons injury record. Manning slotted in there against Brighton on Friday and looked fine, so we can cover those positions within the squad and youth IMO.

Centre back is needed though, definitely, but the main issue is goals and trying to find a killer instinct on our budget will be the biggest challenge for Les and Ollie. Proven goals in this league cost a bomb and more than we can spend.

As for Freeman and Manning, it's still relatively early days for both but the latter especially looks completely comfortable at this level, next season things will be expected of him as a 1st team regular and that brings different pressures, but it looks (atm) like he's going to be taking that in his stride. There's certainly enough question marks from a boy that's barely played to stop any bids coming in, he has no reason to go either.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Freeman and Manning on 14:23 - Apr 10 with 3179 viewspaulparker

Freeman and Manning on 13:57 - Apr 10 by Lblock

PP - see your point about Gladwin but I cant concur.

He'll never make it here as a player and I also see he's slipped out of Swindon's starting 11 now as well.
Apparently he has all the attributes to sort of cut it - tall, athletic, half decent touch, engine to go up and down, has a shot on him and a sleeve tattoo (!!!)... but; he has no pace, no confidence and seems to think he's made it already.

I'd take £3.67 and a bag of training balls for him in the summer.
IF he comes back and Ollie turns him into a player offering half as much as Manning then I think we can safely say Mr Holloway is somewhere between a magician and a genius.

Yeah maybe your right Lblock, an attitude of a player has to be spot on, I know he bought a flash motor but Gladwin doesn't come across as a big head (perhaps im wrong)
as for his other attributes Freeman doesn't have pace either and he couldn't get in a relegation hit Bristol team but is doing well in our CM and Olly is the type of manager who should be installing confidence in players
as a player Gladwin hasn't been given a run of say 5 or 6 games to be completely written off by us ,
one player I would like us to go for next season on loan would be Lewis Baker at Chelsea
if we had manning & Luango behind him and if he was given the role Ravel should of played I honestly think this lad would score 15 goals

Freeman and Manning on 14:29 - Apr 10 with 3161 viewssimmo

Freeman and Manning on 14:23 - Apr 10 by paulparker

Yeah maybe your right Lblock, an attitude of a player has to be spot on, I know he bought a flash motor but Gladwin doesn't come across as a big head (perhaps im wrong)
as for his other attributes Freeman doesn't have pace either and he couldn't get in a relegation hit Bristol team but is doing well in our CM and Olly is the type of manager who should be installing confidence in players
as a player Gladwin hasn't been given a run of say 5 or 6 games to be completely written off by us ,
one player I would like us to go for next season on loan would be Lewis Baker at Chelsea
if we had manning & Luango behind him and if he was given the role Ravel should of played I honestly think this lad would score 15 goals

I'd rather have Jackson Irvine from Burton, especially if they go down. Perfect for us and would cost relatively little. There's little to no chance of Chelscum letting one of their 'bright young things' go without a really strong offer. Look at how much Bamford, Pritchard, Canos, etc cos

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Freeman and Manning on 14:32 - Apr 10 with 3149 viewspaulparker

Freeman and Manning on 14:19 - Apr 10 by simmo

I don't see that we need a RB or a LB

RB - Furlong, Perch, Chief
LB - Bidwell, Robinson, Hamailanen

Perfectly fine, even accounting for Robinsons injury record. Manning slotted in there against Brighton on Friday and looked fine, so we can cover those positions within the squad and youth IMO.

Centre back is needed though, definitely, but the main issue is goals and trying to find a killer instinct on our budget will be the biggest challenge for Les and Ollie. Proven goals in this league cost a bomb and more than we can spend.

As for Freeman and Manning, it's still relatively early days for both but the latter especially looks completely comfortable at this level, next season things will be expected of him as a 1st team regular and that brings different pressures, but it looks (atm) like he's going to be taking that in his stride. There's certainly enough question marks from a boy that's barely played to stop any bids coming in, he has no reason to go either.

Im with Stevec we do need wing backs Simmo , we lacked width on Friday night badly

if we play 3 at the back then your wingbacks have to be like Rose, Walker, Bertrand, moses , Clyne

Robinson im afraid to say isn't fit enough to play that position consistently at this level
Bidwell is ok but I think he would be better replacing the awful Lynch as a left sided CB in a three
Hamalianen needs a season or 2 on loan , ala Furlong and the same as could be said of kaykay

Perch & Ned will never ever be wingbacks so long as I have a hole in my ar se
in fact I don't want to see Perch play for us again a total liability who again nearly gets sent off for lunging in, is he brain dead ??
and no one could ever get over seeing Ned play right back surely

Tavernier at Rangers would be brilliant for us

Freeman and Manning on 14:33 - Apr 10 with 3143 viewsNorthernr

Freeman and Manning on 14:32 - Apr 10 by paulparker

Im with Stevec we do need wing backs Simmo , we lacked width on Friday night badly

if we play 3 at the back then your wingbacks have to be like Rose, Walker, Bertrand, moses , Clyne

Robinson im afraid to say isn't fit enough to play that position consistently at this level
Bidwell is ok but I think he would be better replacing the awful Lynch as a left sided CB in a three
Hamalianen needs a season or 2 on loan , ala Furlong and the same as could be said of kaykay

in fact I don't want to see Perch play for us again a total liability who again nearly gets sent off for lunging in, is he brain dead ??

Tavernier is no better than Furlong. He just looks good because he's playing in Scotland.
Freeman and Manning on 14:36 - Apr 10 with 3133 viewspaulparker

Freeman and Manning on 14:33 - Apr 10 by Northernr

Tavernier is no better than Furlong. He just looks good because he's playing in Scotland.

maybe but I think as back up to young Darnell he would be a better shout than the awful perch who wouldn't even look average in Scotland he is that bad

Freeman and Manning on 14:51 - Apr 10 with 3095 viewsQPR_Jim

Freeman and Manning on 14:23 - Apr 10 by paulparker

I think Gladwin in CM is a good shout, wouldn't hurt to play him there as cover for Freeman and would offer some flexibility to Olly if he wanted a player (like Freeman) who can play central or wide on the left.
Freeman and Manning on 14:51 - Apr 10 with 3095 viewsNorthernr

Freeman and Manning on 14:36 - Apr 10 by paulparker

maybe but I think as back up to young Darnell he would be a better shout than the awful perch who wouldn't even look average in Scotland he is that bad

Perch is odd in that he's a right back who plays better for us at left back, centre mid or centre back. Useful cover but shouldn't be starting - if only because he's always likely to get sent off.
Freeman and Manning on 15:08 - Apr 10 with 3062 viewsstevec

The full backs are okay if you're happy with mid table but as PP says, they give practically nothing going forward and its alarming how much space they give to the winger, crosses raining in on us.

I think that has a lot to do with Ned's issues this year, fighting fires he shouldn't have to. Lynch, I grant you, doesn't help matters.
Freeman and Manning on 15:12 - Apr 10 with 3048 viewsPhildo

I do think Ollie is at his best with a bit of financial restraint - otherwise he can fall into signing a lot of players.

There is a blogger/twitterer called swiss ramble who comments on clubs accounts worth looking up and while Les and Hoos have done a great job it will be difficult again next year with falls in players sales causing a fair hole in the next accounts I would imagine.

If the fine thing was sorted out would the owners go for bust again? I hope not because we never would have given a chance to the the likes of Manning in those sort of circumstances.
Freeman and Manning on 17:25 - Apr 10 with 2914 viewsDannytheR

Freeman and Manning on 15:12 - Apr 10 by Phildo

I do think Ollie is at his best with a bit of financial restraint - otherwise he can fall into signing a lot of players.

There is a blogger/twitterer called swiss ramble who comments on clubs accounts worth looking up and while Les and Hoos have done a great job it will be difficult again next year with falls in players sales causing a fair hole in the next accounts I would imagine.

If the fine thing was sorted out would the owners go for bust again? I hope not because we never would have given a chance to the the likes of Manning in those sort of circumstances.

Thanks for the tip about Swiss Ramble. There's some interesting stuff on there about us and the rest of the division. Impressed given the legacy of Uncle Tony's clown car act that even last year Hoos had us running at under 100% of turnover on wages, unlike most of the division - although of course once the parachute payments drop further, that's going to be that much harder to achieve.

The blessing is that aside from Caulker we must have pretty much all the obscenely high earners off the books now. The curse is that means there isn't much we can do to lower the spend on players from here without diminishing the quality of the squad.
Freeman and Manning on 19:10 - Apr 10 with 2833 viewsoldmisery

Freeman and Manning on 14:32 - Apr 10 by paulparker

I agree that Lynch was a poor signing (look how Huddersfield are doing without him) but Bidwell as a left sided Centre Back?

Not for me - he's about 5 foot 7 inches tall, is frequently beaten in the air by vertically challenged right wingers and is not physically strong enough to batter 'big, ugly' strikers.
Freeman and Manning on 19:27 - Apr 10 with 2810 viewskensalriser

Bidwell is 6ft.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Freeman and Manning on 19:34 - Apr 10 with 2790 viewsparker64

A Huddersfield supporting mate told me a factor in Lynch leaving Huddersfield was he wasn't too chuffed with the double training sessions.
Freeman and Manning on 20:10 - Apr 10 with 2724 viewsbosh67

Freeman is a sort of mixture of Cook skill and Rowlands work rate.
Manning is our very own Liam Brady in the making.
Luongo, getting there and could become another Derry
Yeni - I have no words for him. I thought he was badly out of his depth but the family bereavement effected him massively. Now he looks strong, fit, fast and he is a much more dangerous player than I thought. He has a shot that swerves like a Maasai spear. Very unusual technique.
Goss - you can see why they thought he would be the new Carrick. Looks and plays with the same style. Good one for next season.

Manning is the one though. Looked fantastic in the academy team. JFH almost got rid of him. Just so technically gifted and with a great work rate. If he can add a few more goals he will be one of the best we've had.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024