Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calling All Real Fans 20:41 - Apr 25 with 3835 viewsFredManRave

An interestng couple of comments at the end of the article as well.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/we-have-to-come-together-to-beat-nottingham-forest

'We have to come together to beat Nottingham Forest' says QPR boss Ian Holloway

Queens Park Rangers boss Ian Holloway has called for 'real fans' to get behind his struggling side as they prepare to welcome Nottingham Forest to Loftus Road on Saturday. Rangers were beaten 3-1 at west London rivals Brentford at the weekend, their sixth defeat in a row which leaves the Rs just five points above the relegation trap door.
Holloway came in for criticism from sections of the travelling supporters at Griffin Park and now wants the players, staff and supporters to be together ahead of Forest's visit.
The Rangers boss said: "Anyone who is a real QPR fan has to take this one on the chin with dignity because we have to come together to beat Forest."
A win in the capital would see Mark Warburton's side overtake Holloway's men and effectively seal their survival with just one game to go.

QPR, meanwhile, have been nervously looking over their shoulder having not won since thumping Rotherham 5-1 last month."We need to think clearly under pressure and we have to get back to doing that every week," said Holloway, who was reappointed QPR boss in November."We have to dust ourselves down, start again and find a way of playing that's nailed down. Brentford played well, I hate to say it, but now it's about how much you care and how you do it."Six games ago we were top of the form table and since then we've had one win to get and we still need it."
Forest haven't won away from home in 2017 and have just two wins on the road all season - both coming in the same week back in November - but will arrive at Loftus Road buoyed by their showing against the Royals and looking to make it seven defeats on the spin for Rangers.Holloway admits that his side just need a positive result against the Reds to make their Championship future secure: "For me it's simple. We have to draw or win next week," added the Rangers boss.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Calling All Real Fans on 09:44 - Apr 26 with 839 viewsdaveB

Calling All Real Fans on 07:10 - Apr 26 by LadbrokeR

I'm a bit confused am I suppposed to be taking six consequetive defeats on the the chin. Or is it the second run of six consequetive defeats or is it just the inept performance at Brentford. If I keep dusting myself down I might find the answer.

he's quite clearly taking about taking the Brentford result on the chin
Calling All Real Fans on 09:45 - Apr 26 with 836 viewspaulparker

Calling All Real Fans on 08:45 - Apr 26 by Brightonhoop

Such razor wit.

Seriously, everything you post without fail is a depressing, angry diatribe without fail. Genuinely worried for your mental health , cant be a barrell of laughs for your poor ol' Doris and family. Get some help.

Seriously, everything you post without fail is a depressing, angry diatribe without fail

That's very good coming from you , do you know what irony is ?
I am struggling to actually work you out are you

A/ a genius comedy/ parody act
B/ a real simpleton
C/ one of those blokes who sits in the sun to long outside lidl with a bottle of cider and a mongrel dog shouting at passers by for attention
D/ a man with no friends who everyone avoids in the town/bars as he is a total bell end

il leave that to the good folk of LFW to decide , although id probably have you down as a mixture of b, c, and most defiantly d

oh and as you want to bring my family into things , they are all perfectly well thank you
you might want to worry about your own "Doris" though it cant be good for her living with a bloke who spends all his time with stray dogs ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Calling All Real Fans on 10:05 - Apr 26 with 810 viewsterryb

Calling All Real Fans on 23:15 - Apr 25 by Northernr

Classic click bait headline and intro bearing little relation to the quotes.

This thing about a point being enough is odd though, seen a few fans saying the same thing. For us to go down Blackburn have to win twice and Birmingham have to get 4 points, if they both do then we're down with a draw and a loss so a point doesn't alter the equation at all.

I don't think your right there Northern.

IF we get a point against Forest or Norwich, Brum would need six points to finish above us. We are currently three points above them with a nine goal better difference. Thus why they would then need two victories.

A point on Saturday won't guarentee survival, but at worst it would require Blackburn, Brum & Forest to all win their last match for us to go down.
Calling All Real Fans on 10:08 - Apr 26 with 806 viewstraininvain

Calling All Real Fans on 06:11 - Apr 26 by Lblock

I thought a couple of weeks back the party line was anyone who thought we were going down was a dramatic girl?
There was no way a combination of results was going to occur to put us in jeopardy?!

I was nervous back then, now I'm positively sh1tting myself!!!

Hopefully Huddersfield have their eyes firmly fixed on third place as I do think them beating Brum effectively keeps us up.
Angers and amazes me we're having to think like this

On Easter Sunday we were 250/1 to be relegated.

Wish I'd had a flutter.
Calling All Real Fans on 10:13 - Apr 26 with 795 viewsNorthernr

Calling All Real Fans on 10:05 - Apr 26 by terryb

I don't think your right there Northern.

IF we get a point against Forest or Norwich, Brum would need six points to finish above us. We are currently three points above them with a nine goal better difference. Thus why they would then need two victories.

A point on Saturday won't guarentee survival, but at worst it would require Blackburn, Brum & Forest to all win their last match for us to go down.

Ah yes see what you mean.
Calling All Real Fans on 10:27 - Apr 26 with 767 viewsfrancisbowles

Calling All Real Fans on 10:13 - Apr 26 by Northernr

Ah yes see what you mean.

So OllIe is now a mathematical genius! Lol
Calling All Real Fans on 10:33 - Apr 26 with 756 viewsNorthernr

Calling All Real Fans on 10:27 - Apr 26 by francisbowles

Well not really, it still doesn't make us absolutely safe.
I do think a draw is a very likely outcome on Saturday.
Calling All Real Fans on 10:39 - Apr 26 with 730 viewsfrancisbowles

Agreed. But it's that probably word again!

Whatever, I am 100%+ behind MY/our club and all who sail in it, and am full of hope, that with or without Grant Hall, we can probably do whatever is enough, just, to stay in this league and go onto better things!"

There I said it and yeah I know that hope word again as well!
Login to get fewer ads

Calling All Real Fans on 10:39 - Apr 26 with 726 viewsJamesB1979

last game for those 3:

brentford vs blackburn (we really don't want to rely on any help here)
forest vs ipswich (other than rotherham and wigan, I'd pick ipswich at home to get a win)
bristol vs birmingham (bristol seem to have improved massively of late so this would be most unlikely for 3 for brum)

Unlikely that all 3 would win but I'll be a bag of nerves if it comes to it.....
Calling All Real Fans on 11:13 - Apr 26 with 654 viewssmegma

Calling All Real Fans on 10:27 - Apr 26 by francisbowles

No. Anyone who thinks playing 5 defenders against Wednesday and thinks we won't concede isn't a mathematician.
Calling All Real Fans on 11:18 - Apr 26 with 639 viewsDejR_vu

Calling All Real Fans on 09:33 - Apr 26 by robith

Thread only took 20 posts for people to start insulting each other's mental health.

Pack it in the pair of you

Seconded

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Calling All Real Fans on 11:25 - Apr 26 with 618 viewstoboboly

'Arry is taking Brum down. FACT.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Calling All Real Fans on 11:37 - Apr 26 with 599 viewsrobith

Calling All Real Fans on 11:25 - Apr 26 by toboboly

'Arry is taking Brum down. FACT.

Oh , don't tease me baby!
Calling All Real Fans on 12:22 - Apr 26 with 566 viewsDaiHo0p

Will be my first home game this season
Calling All Real Fans on 13:42 - Apr 26 with 521 viewsLblock

Calling All Real Fans on 07:58 - Apr 26 by Northernr

Typical click bait post bearing little relation to what was actually said.

The combination of results required to send us down is, still, remarkable but it always existed and I said on that hilarious thread where everybody was aggressively arguing with each other that the team we support would definitely be relegated it would be typical QPR if it happened.

Hopefully it'll turn out like last season, when you were adamant in February we wouldn't win another match and even went to the trouble of writing all remaining 16 fixtures out with either DRAW or LOSS next to them. You shitting yourself is nothing new.

This post has been edited by an administrator

You sure I said we'd draw some games??? That's not like me!!!

Anyway... we've all got to pull our tights up and get amongst it Saturday.

This is big.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Calling All Real Fans on 14:20 - Apr 26 with 491 viewsR_from_afar

I don't like to say it but we have been so abject recently that I feel a Huddersfield win at Birmingham is our best hope when it comes to surviving.

If we do stay up, Holloway - and the players - need to earn their lesson from the nerve shredding end to this season. Rangers have been arrogant and complacent. The players also need to swallow their pride and spend time on the training ground practising their finishing, every single week. We need to be clinical.

It almost feels like Ollie's coaching style during this second spell is an overreaction to the criticism he received first time round for tactical naivety. You could say his approach has gone from being too basic and inflexible to too complicated and changeable.

Phew this is not fun

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Calling All Real Fans on 14:32 - Apr 26 with 482 viewsSimonJames

I think we'll win our next 2 games and Burton, Bristol, Ipswich and Wolves will all lose their last 2... leaving us in 15th place.

100% of people who drink water will die.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024