Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other Championship transfers 15:38 - Jun 23 with 56860 viewsNorthernr

Danny Ward, who we were after from Rotherham before we signed Matt Smith, goes to Cardiff for £1m rising to £1.6m. Was impressed with him at their place but thought he looked fat and lazy at ours. Cardiff have also signed our old boy Lee Camp.

Other Championship transfers on 08:49 - Jul 15 with 3070 viewscaliforniahoop

Other Championship transfers on 17:01 - Jul 14 by Northernr

Dominic Iorfa (not that one) from Wolves to Ipswich. Leggy, athletic full back, always liked the look of him.

Likewise, could develop into a Viv Anderson type of fullback in time.
Other Championship transfers on 08:54 - Jul 15 with 3064 viewsrsonist

Iorfa's form fell off a cliff since Jackett left apparently - same goes for Hause their other U21 defender. Understandable with all the turmoil and I don't imagine Wolves are the sort of club to bother coaching them through it themselves now.
Other Championship transfers on 09:35 - Jul 15 with 3020 viewsparker64

Other Championship transfers on 08:54 - Jul 15 by rsonist

Iorfa's form fell off a cliff since Jackett left apparently - same goes for Hause their other U21 defender. Understandable with all the turmoil and I don't imagine Wolves are the sort of club to bother coaching them through it themselves now.

I thought Iorfa looked a great prospect - had an excellent game at Rangers a couple of seasons back.
Other Championship transfers on 10:23 - Jul 15 with 2974 viewsMedwayR

Other Championship transfers on 08:27 - Jul 15 by rsonist

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11748/10948845/brentford-set-to-sign-neal

"Brentford are set to sign promising young St Etienne striker Neal Maupay, while they also want to sign Exeter forward Ollie Watkins."

Impressive stuff from Brentford as usual. Hoped we might be interested in Watkins, I like him a lot.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2017 8:29]

Agreed, I also like the look of Watkins.

I do wonder what we're looking for in the transfer market, are we looking at lower league players such as Watkins, Pierre, Smith (Port Vale) or Bodin (Bristol Rovers) or does Ollie want proven Championship players such as Scowen.

Poll: Who’s better?

Other Championship transfers on 11:48 - Jul 15 with 2917 viewsdistortR

Other Championship transfers on 10:23 - Jul 15 by MedwayR

I do wonder what we're looking for in the transfer market, are we looking at lower league players such as Watkins, Pierre, Smith (Port Vale) or Bodin (Bristol Rovers) or does Ollie want proven Championship players such as Scowen.

what he wants and what he gets may be two different things. I can't imagine we are an attractive proposition in so many ways these days - don't pay top rate, manager who f's about, harsh fans, club that dosen't look like it's heading in the right way soon...........
Other Championship transfers on 12:58 - Jul 15 with 2861 viewskensalriser

Other Championship transfers on 15:01 - Jul 13 by WadR

Big Chris Samba on trial at Villa. Instantly retract Villa from my Championship top 6 list.

Is the charge impersonating a footballer with intent to deceive?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Other Championship transfers on 14:32 - Jul 15 with 2794 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship transfers on 10:23 - Jul 15 by MedwayR

Watkins looked great in the play-offs last year.
Other Championship transfers on 15:05 - Jul 15 with 2773 viewsvegasranger

I read Brentford are after Watkins.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2017 15:05]
Login to get fewer ads

Other Championship transfers on 16:56 - Jul 15 with 2692 viewsswitchingcode

Other Championship transfers on 15:05 - Jul 15 by vegasranger

I read Brentford are after Watkins.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2017 15:05]

Think we have just got him 👍
Other Championship transfers on 17:00 - Jul 15 with 2693 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I also rate Iorfa. Odd that he hasn't got past the level of Ipswich yet.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Other Championship transfers on 17:46 - Jul 15 with 2648 viewsterryb

Other Championship transfers on 17:00 - Jul 15 by BrianMcCarthy

I also rate Iorfa. Odd that he hasn't got past the level of Ipswich yet.

Odd that Wolves would loan him to Ipswich if he was likely to be in their first team squad.

Perhaps this his last chance to impress his parent club.
Other Championship transfers on 19:45 - Jul 15 with 2591 viewsNorthernr

I didn't notice that Bodvarsson the Icelandic guy we nearly signed last summer but went to Wolves instead has switched to Reading.
Other Championship transfers on 23:31 - Jul 15 with 2509 viewsenfieldargh

Tom Huddlestone to Derby 2 million

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Other Championship transfers on 23:35 - Jul 15 with 2508 viewsenfieldargh

Arry dodgeykness after Ashley Cole

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Other Championship transfers on 09:05 - Jul 16 with 2385 viewsrsonist

Other Championship transfers on 19:45 - Jul 15 by Northernr

I didn't notice that Bodvarsson the Icelandic guy we nearly signed last summer but went to Wolves instead has switched to Reading.

He was full of running and no goal threat whatsoever apparently. What a shame for JFH that we couldn't seal the deal...
Other Championship transfers on 09:12 - Jul 16 with 2377 viewsTGRRRSSS

Other Championship transfers on 23:35 - Jul 15 by enfieldargh

Arry dodgeykness after Ashley Cole

I assumed he'd retired - Cashley I mean.
Other Championship transfers on 08:52 - Jul 17 with 2200 viewsaston_hoop

Stewart Downing the latest in talks with Birmingham. An over 30 ex England International who used to be reasonably good? Who'd think Redknapp would target a player like that!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Other Championship transfers on 11:29 - Jul 17 with 2101 viewssimmo

Al-Habsi gone to Saudi Arabia. I know he's been their POTY last few seasons but he's been shite whenever I have seen him.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Other Championship transfers on 11:33 - Jul 17 with 2087 viewssimmo

Also see that Adam Armstrong has been left out of the Newcastle pre-season squad. Be a good one to look at on loan if the fee and wages were reasonable...

Other Championship transfers on 11:37 - Jul 17 with 2074 views00calben

Adam Armstrong going on loan to Bolton for the season.

I know he didn't pull up any trees on loan at Barnsley last season but I'm a fan and given our financial situation I had wondered whether he would be worth a punt. Having said that, he's probably similar to Washington in that he can't play up top on his own so would be used out of position with similar results.

EDIT - Sorry Simmo, hadn't seen your post!
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 11:50]
Other Championship transfers on 12:46 - Jul 17 with 1991 viewsderbyhoop

Other Championship transfers on 11:37 - Jul 17 by 00calben

Adam Armstrong going on loan to Bolton for the season.

I know he didn't pull up any trees on loan at Barnsley last season but I'm a fan and given our financial situation I had wondered whether he would be worth a punt. Having said that, he's probably similar to Washington in that he can't play up top on his own so would be used out of position with similar results.

EDIT - Sorry Simmo, hadn't seen your post!
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 11:50]

I saw Armstrong playing for Coventry in L1. He's tiny, quite quick but I can't imagine him making much of an impact above Championship level. And maybe not above bottom half of the Championship.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Other Championship transfers on 13:42 - Jul 17 with 1918 viewsWadR

Ike Ugbo season long loan from Chelsea to Barnsley. He's the 3rd Barnsley signing of the summer after McCarthy and Pinnock that I'm really disappointed we weren't in for.

Scored a lot for Chelsea's youth and development sides, looked excellent in the youth cup when I've seen him and could well be this season's Tammy Abraham.
Other Championship transfers on 13:56 - Jul 17 with 1897 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship transfers on 13:42 - Jul 17 by WadR

Ike Ugbo season long loan from Chelsea to Barnsley. He's the 3rd Barnsley signing of the summer after McCarthy and Pinnock that I'm really disappointed we weren't in for.

Scored a lot for Chelsea's youth and development sides, looked excellent in the youth cup when I've seen him and could well be this season's Tammy Abraham.

I like Isgrove that's gone to Barnsley as well. They seem to do it really well at the moment (though they'll do well to stay out of the bottom 3 with all the players they've lost). Them and Brentford regularly sign players I've quite liked elsewhere - Bradshaw, Henry, Watkins...
Other Championship transfers on 14:25 - Jul 17 with 1852 viewssimmo

Other Championship transfers on 13:56 - Jul 17 by Northernr

I like Isgrove that's gone to Barnsley as well. They seem to do it really well at the moment (though they'll do well to stay out of the bottom 3 with all the players they've lost). Them and Brentford regularly sign players I've quite liked elsewhere - Bradshaw, Henry, Watkins...

Has Watkins gone to Brentford then? We always seem slow on the uptake with these younger players at lower levels. I know we have taken the plunge here and there, but so many times the replacements of the people we sign outperform the guys we get, and they usually cost a fraction of the price. Frustrating.

Other Championship transfers on 14:37 - Jul 17 with 1829 viewsNorthernr

Assombalonga Forest to Boro for £14m. Championship striker moves between Championship clubs for £14m.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024