Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
are we supposewd to be content 08:17 - Aug 23 with 3320 viewsLadbrokeR

Here we are sixth in championship. The team can't step up for a derby but Stephen caulker getting minutes is a positive. Another Holloways post match pearl of wisdom is that we need to dust ourselves down and go again. I am sick of his platitudes and annoyed at the shambles of a performance in a derby AGAIN.
are we supposewd to be content on 08:20 - Aug 23 with 3299 viewstimcocking

I'm not as bothered as lots, but i do think it was poor Ollie saying 'i couldn't give a monkey's who just beat us, it's a cup competition' is disrespecting the club, and it doesn't sit brilliantly with me.
are we supposewd to be content on 08:24 - Aug 23 with 3283 viewsBrianMcCarthy

are we supposewd to be content on 08:20 - Aug 23 by timcocking

I'm not as bothered as lots, but i do think it was poor Ollie saying 'i couldn't give a monkey's who just beat us, it's a cup competition' is disrespecting the club, and it doesn't sit brilliantly with me.

I don't think he said that to be fair. In fact he said "I don't like losing, particularly to them".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

are we supposewd to be content on 08:28 - Aug 23 with 3267 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Well I wouldn't get overly fraught by it sunbeam.

A league cup tie is an utterly meaningless fixture these days; so much so, we and several other teams can no longer be remotely arsed to play anything approaching a First XI. Apparently, the meaninglessness extends to holding the draw for the next round in China!

If it were me, I'd not bother entering it if it were possible. It's not as if when the final comes around, we'll all be ensuring the cat is out, granny has been watered and the family are all sat fixated around the goggle box to watch it.

In fact, aside of when we won the league cup in 67 and 86, I genuinely couldn't recall who were in the final last season - much less any other season - without Gary Google's assistance.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

are we supposewd to be content on 08:33 - Aug 23 with 3245 viewssmegma

'but Stephen Caulker getting minutes is a positive'.......

Even if, during those minutes he was totally shambolic???
are we supposewd to be content on 08:39 - Aug 23 with 3229 viewsDejR_vu

are we supposewd to be content on 08:33 - Aug 23 by smegma

I suppose he needs to look for positives, just shows how desperate he is.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

are we supposewd to be content on 08:58 - Aug 23 with 3156 viewsMonahoop

are we supposewd to be content on 08:28 - Aug 23 by PlanetHonneywood

A league cup tie is an utterly meaningless fixture these days; so much so, we and several other teams can no longer be remotely arsed to play anything approaching a First XI. Apparently, the meaninglessness extends to holding the draw for the next round in China!

If it were me, I'd not bother entering it if it were possible. It's not as if when the final comes around, we'll all be ensuring the cat is out, granny has been watered and the family are all sat fixated around the goggle box to watch it.

In fact, aside of when we won the league cup in 67 and 86, I genuinely couldn't recall who were in the final last season - much less any other season - without Gary Google's assistance.

Trouble is it seems to be always a big Premier League team that wins it. So maybe we should be taking this contest more seriously than we actually do as it is the most realistic trophy other than the FA Cup, that the club could win. I do agree with some of your comments however. Holding the draw on the other side of the planet is absurd. Nothing more than a money making stunt to poach more Asians into supporting and into putting their cash into projects Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea etc, etc.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

are we supposewd to be content on 09:01 - Aug 23 with 3142 viewsDejR_vu

are we supposewd to be content on 08:28 - Aug 23 by PlanetHonneywood

The fact it's a cup tie might render it meaningless to most (call me old fashioned but I personally disagree), but the fact it's a London derby should mean we at least take it seriously. Compounded by the fact we bent over for them. Surprised at IH, always going on about what it meant to him to play for QPR and how it needs to mean something to the current players. Our cave, blah, blah, blah. Hollow words. If he meant it he would never leave us open to that sort of going-over. No pride, just political statements it seems.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 9:02]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

are we supposewd to be content on 09:06 - Aug 23 with 3115 viewsDorse

are we supposewd to be content on 08:33 - Aug 23 by smegma

'Every bag of shite has a spark of gold. It may only be the wrapper off a Caramac, but it's there'. Paul Calf.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 9:13]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

are we supposewd to be content on 09:12 - Aug 23 with 3088 viewsLowerloftLad

It's Brentford not Chelsea or Fulham let the babie have its bottle
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 9:12]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

are we supposewd to be content on 12:08 - Aug 23 with 2891 viewsconnell10

I'm over it be next!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

are we supposewd to be content on 12:16 - Aug 23 with 2864 viewsdaveB

really what do you want Holloway to say, if he came out and said they are all crap and we need 9 new players he'd be rightly slaughtered for that as well.

Last night was crap and we'll have other games this season where again we'll be crap but we either cry about it or hope the players learn from it and improve
are we supposewd to be content on 12:45 - Aug 23 with 2816 viewsPinnerPaul

Juts wondering where everyone is who in the summer was saying we would be lucky to have any points by now and that they would be 'happy' to avoid relegation.

Its just a nonsense - we lose ONE, CUP game and out they come, calling for IH to be sacked.

Wonder if any Cardiff fans want Warnock sacked this morning - makes us look pathetic.
are we supposewd to be content on 12:59 - Aug 23 with 2768 viewskensalriser

No bother, we won't be sixth for long!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

are we supposewd to be content on 12:59 - Aug 23 with 2764 viewslondonscottish

are we supposewd to be content on 09:06 - Aug 23 by Dorse

'Every bag of shite has a spark of gold. It may only be the wrapper off a Caramac, but it's there'. Paul Calf.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 9:13]

LOL

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

are we supposewd to be content on 13:10 - Aug 23 with 2714 viewsBushRanger82

are we supposewd to be content on 08:24 - Aug 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't think he said that to be fair. In fact he said "I don't like losing, particularly to them".

His poor team selection says otherwise.
are we supposewd to be content on 13:53 - Aug 23 with 2623 viewsPinnerPaul

are we supposewd to be content on 12:59 - Aug 23 by kensalriser

No bother, we won't be sixth for long!

Much to the joy of plenty on here

Don't get it, I really don't.
are we supposewd to be content on 13:56 - Aug 23 with 2611 viewsBrianMcCarthy

are we supposewd to be content on 13:10 - Aug 23 by BushRanger82

His poor team selection says otherwise.

Maybe, and I'm on record as not favouring squad rotation or playing a reserve team in the cup, but I was just pointing out that he didn't say that, in fact he said the opposite.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

are we supposewd to be content on 14:14 - Aug 23 with 2562 viewsBushRanger82

are we supposewd to be content on 13:56 - Aug 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Maybe, and I'm on record as not favouring squad rotation or playing a reserve team in the cup, but I was just pointing out that he didn't say that, in fact he said the opposite.

Point taken, mate.
I just hate the way Holloway says one thing, when his actions say the complete opposite. It's basically dishonest.
are we supposewd to be content on 16:41 - Aug 23 with 2484 viewsLadbrokeR

are we supposewd to be content on 12:45 - Aug 23 by PinnerPaul

Juts wondering where everyone is who in the summer was saying we would be lucky to have any points by now and that they would be 'happy' to avoid relegation.

Its just a nonsense - we lose ONE, CUP game and out they come, calling for IH to be sacked.

Wonder if any Cardiff fans want Warnock sacked this morning - makes us look pathetic.

Mate I will go on record as saying I'm not really a Holloway fan. I certainly haven't called for him to be sacked but frankly his post match comments sometimes verge on the banal. It's not a question of just losing one game rather it's becoming a bit to often that we seem to ship in goals against Brentford and all to often that we can't field a team that is up for a London derby. To be honest that is my issue.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024