Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exsuse my sexism 21:21 - Jan 2 with 10141 viewsHayesender

But surely I can't be the only one who can't stand all these women commentators?

They're all over ssn screeching, there's that woman talking shite on the channel 5 highlights show, and there's even that woman making the cricket seem even worse on bt sports ashes coverage.

The misses has told me to stop being a miserable old git

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Exsuse my sexism on 21:24 - Jan 2 with 7372 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Exsuse my sexism on 22:22 - Jan 2 with 7212 viewsflynnbo

I don't know. I think that Alison Mitchell's cricket commentary is excellent.
Exsuse my sexism on 22:31 - Jan 2 with 7157 viewspomanjou

I agree. Bludy ridiculous. Does me ed in.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Exsuse my sexism on 22:34 - Jan 2 with 7149 viewseghamranger

The one who was on ssn earlier covering the Fulham game is awful..

Put on celebrity big brother then if you don’t like sport, it’s women only and Amanda Barry has just gone in there and only became a lesbian aged 79... WTF
Exsuse my sexism on 03:09 - Jan 3 with 6971 viewsBoston

Sports media in the US is inundated with females. Many of them are just professional broadcasters bringing as much enthusiasm and insight to the fixture as if they were reading the weather report. Very professional but no real interest in the subject. On the other hand there are some who love their team / subject and offer genuine enthusiasm, so it's just a question of finding the right ladies, not just the busty blondes, not that there's anything wrong....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Exsuse my sexism on 03:29 - Jan 3 with 6966 viewsisawqpratwcity

Exsuse my sexism on 21:24 - Jan 2 by Pommyhoop

One side was wearing our gear, right?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Exsuse my sexism on 06:03 - Jan 3 with 6916 viewsloftinoz

Here in Oz we not only have to sit through the appalling Ned Zelic trying to sound as if he knows what it's like to be a top player, we also have to endure his ugly freak of a sister being equally banal.
Exsuse my sexism on 07:58 - Jan 3 with 6775 viewsCamberleyR

Exsuse my sexism on 03:29 - Jan 3 by isawqpratwcity

One side was wearing our gear, right?

Yep, filmed at LR like a few other BBC programmes have in the past when Television Centre was on the doorstep. Didn't you spot our awful plastic pitch?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 8:00]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Exsuse my sexism on 08:20 - Jan 3 with 6736 viewsisawqpratwcity

Exsuse my sexism on 07:58 - Jan 3 by CamberleyR

Yep, filmed at LR like a few other BBC programmes have in the past when Television Centre was on the doorstep. Didn't you spot our awful plastic pitch?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 8:00]

No, I didn't!

Looking again, it looks patchy and muddy like worn turf. I didn't know it got so out of condition like that.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Exsuse my sexism on 08:39 - Jan 3 with 6672 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jesus, and we wonder why not enough females attend sports...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Exsuse my sexism on 08:44 - Jan 3 with 6651 viewsdaveB

I don't think there has been a very good female football commentator yet and after years of only hearing male voices do the sport it is going to be weird to hear a woman but am sure that we'll get a very good one eventually.

the women who did the Ashes on BT was pretty good
Exsuse my sexism on 08:45 - Jan 3 with 6654 viewssmegma

Exsuse my sexism on 06:03 - Jan 3 by loftinoz

Here in Oz we not only have to sit through the appalling Ned Zelic trying to sound as if he knows what it's like to be a top player, we also have to endure his ugly freak of a sister being equally banal.

Is he still as versatile as an egg ??
Exsuse my sexism on 08:47 - Jan 3 with 6650 viewsloftinoz

Exsuse my sexism on 08:45 - Jan 3 by smegma

Is he still as versatile as an egg ??

Similar shape too.
Exsuse my sexism on 08:55 - Jan 3 with 6629 viewsMick_S

Bianca Westwood's good.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Exsuse my sexism on 08:57 - Jan 3 with 6627 viewsHayesender

Exsuse my sexism on 08:39 - Jan 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Jesus, and we wonder why not enough females attend sports...

Didn't realise there was an issue with females attending sporting events. Loads of women at QPR. Look at athletics and tennis. I'd say mainly women

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Exsuse my sexism on 09:02 - Jan 3 with 6616 viewstoboboly

I can see what the OP is saying, I listen to 5live a lot and sometimes have final score on in the background and it is the shrieking that gets me, completely over the top.

However I think this is just a thing for commentators now, the men are just as annoying, especially MOTD. Last night the guy at Swansea was terrible.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Exsuse my sexism on 09:08 - Jan 3 with 6601 viewsNorthernr

Exsuse my sexism on 09:20 - Jan 3 with 6569 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Exsuse my sexism on 08:57 - Jan 3 by Hayesender

Didn't realise there was an issue with females attending sporting events. Loads of women at QPR. Look at athletics and tennis. I'd say mainly women

In fairness Hayes, I see by some quick googling that football crowds are now up to 26% female which is certainly a gigantic rise since I was in England so you have a point. It's progress at least.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Exsuse my sexism on 10:30 - Jan 3 with 6458 viewsAntti_Heinola

Female reporters/comms/presenters generally a breath of fresh air, and certainly no worse than their male counterparts. Difference is, when people criticise the male ones their gender isn't part of the criticism.

Bare bones.

Exsuse my sexism on 10:39 - Jan 3 with 6427 viewsaston_hoop

Give me one of those female commentators over the bloody men we have here in Spain. All that GOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOL shouty nonsense when someone scores and making a defensive throw in sound like the last minute of the World Cup Final leaves me yearning for a nice low key English commentator.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Exsuse my sexism on 10:57 - Jan 3 with 6401 viewsterryb

Of course, what you get from the males is so much better!

UNBELIEVABLE GEOFF! Not that Kamara has an idea of what has just happened!

"I like Sparky, he is a proven manager & is the right man to keep Stoke up". The pearls of wisdom from Mercer!

The reports from the females on SKY are often more knowledgable than the usual crop of ex professional footballers!
Exsuse my sexism on 10:59 - Jan 3 with 6394 viewsNorthernr

If you've sat through Clive Tyldesley commentating on Man Utd, or Chris Kamara analysing refereeing decisions without knowing the fcking rules on Goals on Sunday, you can sit through anything.
Exsuse my sexism on 11:05 - Jan 3 with 6368 viewsted_hendrix

Oddly enough I use my own eyes and ears when watching sport on the televisual thing.

The majority of male and female commentators talk shit anyway and assume that they are some form of celebrity.

Apart from that I'm in a bad mood.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Exsuse my sexism on 11:06 - Jan 3 with 6362 viewsCamberleyR

Exsuse my sexism on 08:20 - Jan 3 by isawqpratwcity

No, I didn't!

Looking again, it looks patchy and muddy like worn turf. I didn't know it got so out of condition like that.

I'd imagine that Smith & Jones sketch is from about 86-87 so the pitch probably didn't look great as it was nearing the end of it's life. If the Football League hadn't forced us to rip it up when they did it would have almost certainly needed replacing anyway.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Exsuse my sexism on 11:28 - Jan 3 with 6312 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Agree with Boston, whether male or female, there are careerists who can absorb all the facts and figures but cannot evoke real enthusiasm for their subject matter and on the other hand people who genuinely love their subject and understand far more of the nuances involved and are able to pass that on in their reporting.

Please forgive me listening to Talksport on a weekend morning but I quite like Georgie Bingham.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024