Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? 19:41 - Aug 23 with 11954 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Going on from the despair thread, what’s the earliest match any of us went to?

Anyone seen a pre War match?
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 19:42]
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 08:19 - Aug 24 with 2301 views2Thomas2Bowles

I was around Shepherd's Bush when it was just Shepherd's a bush and some sheep.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 08:33 - Aug 24 with 2249 viewsWrightUp5hit___

I am now 62, to be honest I can't remember my first game but I believe it would have been in the 64-65 season.

My Uncle was a great friend of Bert Addinall (they went to Essendine School together) thus part of my earliest memories is standing on the Loft every other Saturday with My Dad, Uncle Les and Bert.
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 08:34 - Aug 24 with 2248 viewsstevec

Feeling like a young 58 this morning, QPR life began in 1966 home to Middlebro.

Fascinating how much longer many been going to LR, my dad used to go on about Arthur Jefferson and goalie, Reg Allen I think, who suffered from shell shock (not the type Ingram is suffering I should clarify), though he was probably winding me up.
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 08:37 - Aug 24 with 2243 viewscyprusmel

I was watching in the 50's when Jack Taylor was the manager.
Born in Park Royal Hospital then removed to Goldhawk Road.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 16:47]
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 10:34 - Aug 24 with 2152 viewsloftboy

51 started going to live games 1978

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 11:13 - Aug 24 with 2109 viewsTHEBUSH

I like this thread, coz I'm one of the old gits that sometimes go on about the old times on LFW.

i certainly ain't the oldest, well hope not, but have been watching the R's since the middle 50's.

Don't know why, anyone would 'despair' at any Rangers fan commenting about his team ?
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 11:19 - Aug 24 with 2100 viewsSimonJames

53 years old.
Born 3 miles west of Loftus Road, but moved to Canada when I was 5.
So didn't start supporting QPR until I moved back in 1976.
First game, I saw them draw 1-1 at Carrow Road in 1977.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 11:20 - Aug 24 with 2094 viewsknocker

Can't remember ist game. Too long ago.
Login to get fewer ads

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 11:30 - Aug 24 with 2070 viewsStanFan

Feeling young now - love this thread.

First match in 1968, home to Hull. Rodney Marsh got a penalty in a 1-1.

I was young but I remember the penalty (seemed a mile from the goal) and the general frustration as we struggled to get an equaliser.

I also remember the trip to Villa Park when we sealed promotion to Div 1.
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 11:31 - Aug 24 with 2068 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

First match v Hull City, 22nd October 1962 at White City.
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 11:33 - Aug 24 with 2063 viewsessextaxiboy

.I am 58 years old . I came to my first game in 1967 . When I walked in the Loft were singing Rodney,Rodney . I went for a pee (no roof on the toilets in those days) and spotted a 10 bob note on the floor .My Dad picked it up in some paper and folded it up (I think we shared it ! ) I went in the boys enclosure and he stood the other side of the wall with his brothers . I loved it and was hooked . Now I come with 2 of my 3 boys ,my brother and his son. ...Maybe I will.have a grandchild one day to carry it on ..
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 11:39 - Aug 24 with 2040 viewsWren67

67 now. Saw my first game in 1967 with a Chris Wren school mate from the school end because we were scared if going into the Loft End.

Lived nearby in Godolphin Road and could here the crowd when Rsss played at home but could only afford to go when I started work.

Cant remember my first match or who played for us.

I have 2 daughters and being a sexist Dad I chose to take my wife's young brother and cousin to matches, an act my elder daughter, now a big Rssss fan has never forgiven me for but I don't regret it because one of these lads is now our DoF Les.
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 12:44 - Aug 24 with 1975 viewspeejaybee

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 11:39 - Aug 24 by Wren67

67 now. Saw my first game in 1967 with a Chris Wren school mate from the school end because we were scared if going into the Loft End.

Lived nearby in Godolphin Road and could here the crowd when Rsss played at home but could only afford to go when I started work.

I have 2 daughters and being a sexist Dad I chose to take my wife's young brother and cousin to matches, an act my elder daughter, now a big Rssss fan has never forgiven me for but I don't regret it because one of these lads is now our DoF Les.

Was that the Chris Wren school in Saunders Grove.????????????.As I went to Chris Wren school at Notting Hill Gate.1951/53 ish.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:03 - Aug 24 with 1949 viewsR_from_afar

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 23:33 - Aug 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Clive, whoever ‘wins’ this thread would be a great interviewee.

...and should replace Bear Grylls as host of "Born SurvivR" !

The word going round and round my head is "How?" How have some of you poor sods put up with 70 - 70 - years of this madness?

My first game as a fan was around 2000, when we still had Crouch. I played football back then - and still do in spite of my incipient decrepitude (I'm 53 years old) - and two mates from football were - and still are - Rs fans and took me along. I was hooked. Those mates both still go to games.

I did also go to a handful of games in the late 80s, dragged along by some people I played cricket with, but those games were just a day out.

You Rs. Great thread.

RFA
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 13:05]

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 13:35 - Aug 24 with 1905 viewsKingstan

I'm the wrong side of 57, fist match was QPR v Burnley 1973 2-0
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 13:55 - Aug 24 with 1872 viewsqprphil

I'm 69 yrs old. My dad took me to QPR and I think I was about 5-7 years old, and I lived in Wembley at the time. George Whitelaw I remember being the No 9. My dad used to say to me, he's as hard as nails and would often leave defenders in a heap on the ground, and he did. From what I remember he wasn't the greatest player. Others who attended before me, would probably have a better idea when that was. I went to regular matches up until the plastic pitch, and I also found the journey from Kent where I moved to once I got married, getting longer and longer. I still attend the odd match with my son who is unfortunately a QPR supporter. ( my fault ) As some of you may know I now follow Ebbsfleet United.
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 14:28 - Aug 24 with 1844 views2Thomas2Bowles

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 13:35 - Aug 24 by Kingstan

I'm the wrong side of 57, fist match was QPR v Burnley 1973 2-0

There you go

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 14:38 - Aug 24 with 1821 views2Thomas2Bowles

First Game
I was conned, told it would always be this way

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 14:44 - Aug 24 with 1812 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Where is 'Doris Qpr's oldest fan' That thread was worthy of Maceo.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 15:25 - Aug 24 with 1772 viewsdoogi10

62 1st season 1970 i think 1st game was against Blackpool 69
stan and francis the best players we ever had
oh and the great bob malcom
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 15:26]
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 15:27 - Aug 24 with 1769 viewspaesanu

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 20:56 - Aug 23 by pomanjou

I think I may be the oldest poster on this board at 81 .
But I have only been a qpr supporter for 19 years which must be
some form of madness!

Where you a glory-hunter?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 15:28]

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 15:39 - Aug 24 with 1752 viewshubble

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 11:39 - Aug 24 by Wren67

Your brother/cousin-in-law is Sir Les? Blimey. Can you have word?!

Great thread. Like others have said, it's making me feel like a (relative) youngster at a sprightly 57. My first game according to my mum was in 1968, but I can't really remember it. First game I remember going to was 1975 v Man City. Everything's changed, yet in many ways, it's just the same....

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 15:46 - Aug 24 with 1743 viewsEsox_Lucius

First game in 1966 when I was 11. Lost a few years when I was working abroad/ 7 days a week in the late 70's and early 90's but up to last season was pretty much a home and away supporter and have been travelling down from North Oxford since 2002.

The grass is always greener.

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 15:58 - Aug 24 with 1720 viewskingo

Thought I better add my bit as I was one of supporters that Mr Parker took exception to. 61 and originally from Kensal Green and my first QPR match was a low key event in 1967 against West Brom. which ended 3-2 to the team in white I used to go to Loftus Road before 67 though and wait around in South Africa Road with my mates, for a ball to be kicked over the fence and grab it and run off with it. It did get kicked around in Queens Park, and King Edwards and Roundwood.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 15:58 - Aug 24 with 1719 viewsPinnerPaul

Comfortably mid table at 57, I was born 3 1/2 miles from the ground in Central Middlesex hospital.

Dad grew up in Cobbold Road, a mile away from LR.

1st game I remember seeing live was the League Cup Final.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024