Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help remembering a player's name 16:35 - Dec 2 with 3172 viewsBklynRanger

When Dominic Shimmin came to us in 2005 there was another Arsenal youth player who came with him. He was a left back, good physical presence bit of a unit - I remember him as having his hair shaved right down to the wood but that may not be accurate.

He ended up going to Harrow Borough for a handful of games and then drifting out of the game - said he had 'car trouble' believe it or not.

Does anyone remember his name?

(On a side note I still can't believe Shimmin didn't make it in the game.)
Help remembering a player's name on 16:37 - Dec 2 with 3163 viewsaston_hoop

Matthew Hislop

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Help remembering a player's name on 16:38 - Dec 2 with 3139 viewsPeterHucker

Matt Hislop??

Possibly same player that played 1 game for us away at Leicester, had a pretty good game until he was stretchered off with a broken leg never to be heard of again?
Help remembering a player's name on 16:39 - Dec 2 with 3126 viewsBklynRanger

There you go - end of thread

Thanks, that's been driving me mad.
Help remembering a player's name on 16:40 - Dec 2 with 3112 viewsPeterHucker

Help remembering a player's name on 16:38 - Dec 2 by PeterHucker

Matt Hislop??

Possibly same player that played 1 game for us away at Leicester, had a pretty good game until he was stretchered off with a broken leg never to be heard of again?

I can definitely believe that Shimmin didn’t make it, he played a few times and looked well out of his depth. Particualarly in a cup game away somewhere (Northampton possibly?.)
Help remembering a player's name on 16:46 - Dec 2 with 3073 viewsBklynRanger

Help remembering a player's name on 16:40 - Dec 2 by PeterHucker

I can definitely believe that Shimmin didn’t make it, he played a few times and looked well out of his depth. Particualarly in a cup game away somewhere (Northampton possibly?.)

I thought he had a bit of quality about him and would have found a place somewhere at least.

Mind you most of my time then was spent listening to Bradley Allen and co commentating rather than seeing it with my own eyes, so I wouldn't have put any sizeable bets on it.
Help remembering a player's name on 16:47 - Dec 2 with 3068 viewsslmrstid

I was at the game Matt Hislop played for us - as mentioned away at Leicester until he got stretchered off. He had a brilliant game that day, thought he'd be a big thing at the time.

Dominic Shimmin played for a couple of clubs in Scotland, was at Dundee when they went bust and got laid off as a result.

Shabazz Baidoo came from Arsenal too if I remember right.
Help remembering a player's name on 16:57 - Dec 2 with 3014 viewsBklynRanger

Shabazz Baidoo was shit off a shovel wasn't he? Unbelievable acceleration. Not always in the right direction granted but the speed of it all.
Help remembering a player's name on 18:31 - Dec 2 with 2848 viewsdistortR

Help remembering a player's name on 16:57 - Dec 2 by BklynRanger

Shabazz Baidoo was shit off a shovel wasn't he? Unbelievable acceleration. Not always in the right direction granted but the speed of it all.

missed a trick by not selling him to Taiwan.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 7:33]
Login to get fewer ads

Help remembering a player's name on 18:37 - Dec 2 with 2822 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Thought both Dominic Shimmin and Pat Kanyuka would both be a decent pairing for us.

Didn’t one of them get sent off on his only appearance for us?
Help remembering a player's name on 18:44 - Dec 2 with 2800 viewsaston_hoop

Help remembering a player's name on 18:37 - Dec 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Thought both Dominic Shimmin and Pat Kanyuka would both be a decent pairing for us.

I recall Justin Cochrane got sent off on his only appearance for us, mainly because I saw him pop up the other day in a vid now that he is coaching Man Utd's youngsters and talking about how Chris Ramsey is his biggest influence and mentor.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Help remembering a player's name on 18:44 - Dec 2 with 2798 viewsdistortR

Help remembering a player's name on 18:37 - Dec 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

shimmin is a manx surname, btw, and mean's 'little simon's son'.
Big simon's son appears not to have been afforded his own surname, possibly because he was a twot, but i guess we'll never know.
Help remembering a player's name on 20:00 - Dec 2 with 2679 viewsPBLOCK

Help remembering a player's name on 18:44 - Dec 2 by aston_hoop

I recall Justin Cochrane got sent off on his only appearance for us, mainly because I saw him pop up the other day in a vid now that he is coaching Man Utd's youngsters and talking about how Chris Ramsey is his biggest influence and mentor.

Yeah Cochrane got sent off in the last home game. We got beat by Stockport I think it was 3-0

The following week we drew 1-1 away at Wolves where Paul Bruce scored a great free kick

Holloway chucked in a load of kids last two games like Pacquette, Ben Walshe, Terry Mcflynn Justin Cochrane, Alvin Bubb and someone we signed from somewhere (Crewe maybe) Alex Higgins

When people moan about players we have now get on eBay and get the 20001/2001 review it’ll blow your mind!

Bar Crouchy who was the shining light in a dark season
Help remembering a player's name on 20:03 - Dec 2 with 2665 viewsBakes

Found an interview with Hislop, was working in recruitment.

https://mikew1234.wordpress.com/2013/12/13/from-the-invincible-to-the-invisible/

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Help remembering a player's name on 20:59 - Dec 2 with 2579 viewsstowmarketrange

Help remembering a player's name on 20:00 - Dec 2 by PBLOCK

Yeah Cochrane got sent off in the last home game. We got beat by Stockport I think it was 3-0

The following week we drew 1-1 away at Wolves where Paul Bruce scored a great free kick

Holloway chucked in a load of kids last two games like Pacquette, Ben Walshe, Terry Mcflynn Justin Cochrane, Alvin Bubb and someone we signed from somewhere (Crewe maybe) Alex Higgins

When people moan about players we have now get on eBay and get the 20001/2001 review it’ll blow your mind!

I remember the Wolves game quite well.I stayed up in Walsall for the weekend and went to see Bloxwich Town play on the Saturday.
Straight in the pub on the Sunday lunchtime and straight back in afterwards.”We’re white,we’re blue,we’re in division 2.”
Got home on the Monday morning and told my mrs that we were off for a surprise 3 day trip to New York the following day.I later read a book about 9/11 and they said that the original date for the hijackings was supposed to be in early May.
Help remembering a player's name on 22:19 - Dec 2 with 2423 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Help remembering a player's name on 16:57 - Dec 2 by BklynRanger

A speedboat without a rudder
Help remembering a player's name on 08:28 - Dec 3 with 2251 viewsTheChef

Help remembering a player's name on 20:00 - Dec 2 by PBLOCK

I only ever remember that Wolves game for Bruce actually scoring from a free kick, and Alex Higgins when he came on putting in the hardest crunching tackle, the sound of it reverberated around Molineux (was my favourite away ground till they filled in the corners...)

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024