Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post match thread 22:17 - Apr 5 with 5774 viewswortonranger

Sky comms man said we already had our towels on the beach. Says it all. Players should pay the costs of those going to Preston..including my son and his mates.
Post match thread on 22:26 - Apr 5 with 3994 viewsbongo_king

Watching on the stream, but thought our approach play was frequently good, a lot more urgency and application than in other recent losses. Problem is once we got within 5m of the penalty box we seemed to literally run out of ideas. Zero shots on target over 90 mins I think. Could probably still be playing when preston came round and not have tested their keeper. Though to be fair its not exactly like Sheff U worked Westwood that much more.
Post match thread on 22:34 - Apr 5 with 3938 viewsBakes

Charlie’s wife wasn’t happy, tweeting some comments then deleting them.

After the final sub..

“Jesus Christ!”

And

“my husband cares, he just can’t get on”

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Post match thread on 22:40 - Apr 5 with 3892 viewsBklynRanger

Post match thread on 22:34 - Apr 5 by Bakes

After the final sub..

“Jesus Christ!”

And

Was thinking at the time Austin must be fuming that McCallum came on rather than finding a way to get him into the game.

Don't blame him either though I'd probably not have expected much from him tbh.

Still, Warbs has added the old cliche 'angry veteran player' to his growing list of problems.
Post match thread on 22:52 - Apr 5 with 3789 viewsdistortR

After the final sub..

“Jesus Christ!”

And

I believe he does genuinely care, but he's been abject these last few months.
But then, we don't create chances anyway.
Post match thread on 23:42 - Apr 5 with 3614 viewsParkRoyalR

After the final sub..

“Jesus Christ!”

And

If Austin really cared perhaps he might consider raising his fitness levels above that of a 50 year old walking footballer.

If I was funding this club to the tune of a million plus a month and paying his wages for 1 decent game all season, then reading his tweets looking for recommendations for a late night curry house with Andy Goldstein, I'd just tear up his contract.

Bloke's taking us all for mugs, or maybe he has some integrity and will do a Lee Cook and cancel his contract rather than blag another million off us next year. Let's see.
Post match thread on 00:21 - Apr 6 with 3525 viewsgolborne

Post match thread on 23:42 - Apr 5 by ParkRoyalR

If Austin really cared perhaps he might consider raising his fitness levels above that of a 50 year old walking footballer.

If I was funding this club to the tune of a million plus a month and paying his wages for 1 decent game all season, then reading his tweets looking for recommendations for a late night curry house with Andy Goldstein, I'd just tear up his contract.

Bloke's taking us all for mugs, or maybe he has some integrity and will do a Lee Cook and cancel his contract rather than blag another million off us next year. Let's see.

If he had one leg he’d still look more likely than dykes, who keeps the oppo centre halves hands warm by holding them for most of the game.
Charlie is still the best striker we have. Has had a miserable time of it personally and struggled for form and weight post. Other day I thought he looked about a stone lighter than 4-5 months ago, but is now rusty and snatching at things. Dykes had promise for me, but my faith has dwindled this year. Last year he showed moments and worked tirelessly. A real distraction for the other two to find space. This year it’s been half hearted pressing and aimlessly standing around - he’s gone backwards (apart from when he’s playing brave heart for Scotland). Oh and a brace against reading, one of which was a deflection. Real shame, cos I thought we had something to develop.
Post match thread on 00:23 - Apr 6 with 3520 viewsozexile

I thought I was the only one who saw that tweet. That to me shows a disconnect between Austin and management.
Post match thread on 00:36 - Apr 6 with 3493 viewsSouthend_Rss

Just back to my hotel room in Sheffield centre. Can’t wait for Clive’s report on that one. The body language on the players said it all
Login to get fewer ads

Post match thread on 04:59 - Apr 6 with 3355 viewsCLAREMAN1995

After the final sub..

“Jesus Christ!”

And

If Charlie cannot get on to the field in must win games there must be something serious going on behind the scenes.
Either he is just not up to it anymore or just cannot bring the intensity to training and on to games .
MW praised him this week (pre game I think ) for his professionalism and dedication around the team but does that include leading by example on game day.
We cannot score in a brothel right now surely there is a place for Austin in that 11
Post match thread on 05:15 - Apr 6 with 3348 viewsNgaiTahu_Hoop

Absolutely this. There should be a minimum standard of fitness level required in player contracts. Don’t ask me how it would be assessed though. Get the med team in, beep tests, Warbs med science crew etc. Some football players seem to think they’re above taking care of themselves and Chas hasn’t done himself any favours this season.
Post match thread on 06:53 - Apr 6 with 3247 viewsDamo1962

Post match thread on 00:36 - Apr 6 by Southend_Rss

Just back to my hotel room in Sheffield centre. Can’t wait for Clive’s report on that one. The body language on the players said it all

Hope you managed to get some sleep after that no show from the team. When players body language starts to fail - that is a big concern.
Post match thread on 08:13 - Apr 6 with 3018 viewsTheChef

I didn't see any of the game last night so can't comment on the performance - other than the Sky highlights suggested there were, er, very few highlights from either team. And if there was a lack of effort last night then I didn't see that in the Fulham game, just that we got beaten by a much better team.

I do think though this is where the strategy of not offering/renewing contracts before the end of the season might be affecting the relevant players and maybe the manager too. If they don't know for certain if they will be at the club next season then this will have some effect on their performances unfortunately. Even if the playoffs are still mathematically possible.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Post match thread on 08:26 - Apr 6 with 2953 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Sky commentator clearly hated us and was constantly digging us out. I don't really get Sky. The people in charge seem to love showing us but the commentators and pundits generally don't seem to like us.
Post match thread on 08:26 - Apr 6 with 2951 viewssdm19994

Went last night. Absolutely dire especially the first half. Can understand some poor form over the whole season. But no one can argue the performances are becoming a serious issue at the moment and the in game management has been atrocious by the gaffer. Really is a shame we’ve thrown this season away.. seen other teams fans wanting us to win last night as they see us as no threat whatsoever and it’s really hard to disagree with them.
Post match thread on 08:28 - Apr 6 with 2938 viewsRangersDave

Post match thread on 08:13 - Apr 6 by TheChef

I didn't see any of the game last night so can't comment on the performance - other than the Sky highlights suggested there were, er, very few highlights from either team. And if there was a lack of effort last night then I didn't see that in the Fulham game, just that we got beaten by a much better team.

I do think though this is where the strategy of not offering/renewing contracts before the end of the season might be affecting the relevant players and maybe the manager too. If they don't know for certain if they will be at the club next season then this will have some effect on their performances unfortunately. Even if the playoffs are still mathematically possible.

Good point Chef, if you knew there was a chance of not getting your job back....a) would you be arsed and b) would you want to risk injury which could prevent you from moving on?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Post match thread on 08:31 - Apr 6 with 2918 viewsPikey

He also made the point on a number of occasions about Hendricks constantly turning backwards in possession and slowing down the play. Unfortunately Field also dies that far too often.
Post match thread on 08:53 - Apr 6 with 2832 viewsdaveB

DIdn't look like towels on the beach to me, just lacked quality in the final third. The effort is there they are just so low on confidence and making bad choices on the ball.

Incredible to read more criticism of Austin on this thread. I'd be more worried about old Braveheart up front who was woeful again
Post match thread on 08:56 - Apr 6 with 2821 viewsDorse

After the final sub..

“Jesus Christ!”

And

Sorry to hear they're not getting on. Maybe some sort of counselling might help?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Post match thread on 09:00 - Apr 6 with 2805 viewsdaveB

Post match thread on 22:40 - Apr 5 by BklynRanger

Was thinking at the time Austin must be fuming that McCallum came on rather than finding a way to get him into the game.

Don't blame him either though I'd probably not have expected much from him tbh.

Still, Warbs has added the old cliche 'angry veteran player' to his growing list of problems.

We are far too guided by sports science so all 3 subs every week are guided by how many games they've played recently. Wallace was always gonna have to come off, he looked shot by half time. I did find it odd that when needing a goal he took off Gray and ignored Austin to bring on Thomas who run around a lot but I think I had more chance of scoring.
Post match thread on 09:05 - Apr 6 with 2778 viewsParkRoyalR

Post match thread on 08:53 - Apr 6 by daveB

DIdn't look like towels on the beach to me, just lacked quality in the final third. The effort is there they are just so low on confidence and making bad choices on the ball.

Incredible to read more criticism of Austin on this thread. I'd be more worried about old Braveheart up front who was woeful again

Dykes has to play 90, whether fully fit or not, as we have no other options.

Dykes was very poor last night but when Austin has been dire every game this season its down to the service and not him being woeful, let's at least be consistent and honest.
Post match thread on 09:11 - Apr 6 with 2750 viewsdaveB

Post match thread on 09:05 - Apr 6 by ParkRoyalR

Dykes has to play 90, whether fully fit or not, as we have no other options.

Dykes was very poor last night but when Austin has been dire every game this season its down to the service and not him being woeful, let's at least be consistent and honest.

I'd agree the service was again poor to Dykes as it is for Austin and Gray I think thats a big factor in why they haven't scored as many goals as we'd like

All round game though Dykes is supposed to be the target man but he lost every header all night, his hold play was non existent again. I get that Austin is the one everyone seems to want to blame even when he's not playing but Dykes is offering nothing and other than the reading game has been pretty crap and almost constantly injured all season
Post match thread on 09:24 - Apr 6 with 2690 viewsParkRoyalR

Post match thread on 09:11 - Apr 6 by daveB

I'd agree the service was again poor to Dykes as it is for Austin and Gray I think thats a big factor in why they haven't scored as many goals as we'd like

All round game though Dykes is supposed to be the target man but he lost every header all night, his hold play was non existent again. I get that Austin is the one everyone seems to want to blame even when he's not playing but Dykes is offering nothing and other than the reading game has been pretty crap and almost constantly injured all season

Dykes played on through a bad injury at home to Forest (I think) and has struggled for full fitness (and form) since, or has been pretty crap as you say.

Austin's has had no injuries, has been for whatever reason unable to get match fit all season, has been well beyond pretty crap all season, but gets covered due to supposed lack of service when we went on a 30 game goal scoring run.

Let's just be consistent + honest, as I hope he is in cancelling his contract and giving up his wages he cannot justify so we can sign 2 young decent strikers to replace him and Gray.
Post match thread on 09:32 - Apr 6 with 2662 viewsToast_R

Get the feeling Austin and Warbs have a personality clash somewhat. I don't think Warburton was that keen when he arrived on loan last season but went with it as the team were really struggling. I think the arrival of a QPR legend with his own opinions and voice may have concerned Warburton who has his own vision of how he wants the dressing room. When the performances improved drastically with Austin in the side he naturally had to swallow it.

I'm not sure what has happened to Austin since the summer though. Where is that free talking Mr QPR striker breathing confidence into he team? The Austin who helped turn Dykes from clogger into a real dangerman, was actively more about helping out team over himself and still able to rattle in the goals given half a chance? His confidence in himself let alone the rest of the team seems to have evaporated. His ability to take chances has gone from calm and calculated to rash and hopeful and then there's his conditioning which appears to be way off what a Championship player should be. Does he have sh*t going on that is effecting him? Who knows but for whatever reason, he is not in a happy place right now and the rest of the team seem to have followed suit. Is there a split I wonder?
[Post edited 6 Apr 2022 9:41]
Post match thread on 09:47 - Apr 6 with 2569 viewsdaveB

Post match thread on 09:24 - Apr 6 by ParkRoyalR

Dykes played on through a bad injury at home to Forest (I think) and has struggled for full fitness (and form) since, or has been pretty crap as you say.

Austin's has had no injuries, has been for whatever reason unable to get match fit all season, has been well beyond pretty crap all season, but gets covered due to supposed lack of service when we went on a 30 game goal scoring run.

Let's just be consistent + honest, as I hope he is in cancelling his contract and giving up his wages he cannot justify so we can sign 2 young decent strikers to replace him and Gray.

What do you mean gets covered? He's been getting slaughtered for months. Only have to look on here he's been called unfit to wear the shirt and even on a night he didn't play he's getting pelters, you want his contract ripped up now for starters.

I think to get match fit you need a run in the side and the only time he's had one all season was when Dykes got injured and we won 5 out of 7 back in November/December, apart from that he's hardly been picked. 3 league starts this calendar year so far, I'm struggling to understand how he's supposed to do anything with such little game time or why he seems to be the one picked out for stick every week when he's either not involved or comes off the bench when we are 1 or 2 goals behind.

Austin hasn't had a good season, he was awful at Peterbrough and Barnsley in his last few starts and I don't think anyone has suggested he has but I honestly don't know why we're talking about someone who didn't play last night.
Post match thread on 10:00 - Apr 6 with 2464 viewsParkRoyalR

Post match thread on 09:47 - Apr 6 by daveB

What do you mean gets covered? He's been getting slaughtered for months. Only have to look on here he's been called unfit to wear the shirt and even on a night he didn't play he's getting pelters, you want his contract ripped up now for starters.

I think to get match fit you need a run in the side and the only time he's had one all season was when Dykes got injured and we won 5 out of 7 back in November/December, apart from that he's hardly been picked. 3 league starts this calendar year so far, I'm struggling to understand how he's supposed to do anything with such little game time or why he seems to be the one picked out for stick every week when he's either not involved or comes off the bench when we are 1 or 2 goals behind.

Austin hasn't had a good season, he was awful at Peterbrough and Barnsley in his last few starts and I don't think anyone has suggested he has but I honestly don't know why we're talking about someone who didn't play last night.

It's relevant because Warburton feels forced into rushing Dykes back or playing Gray in front of a forward who has had all season to get match fit and is on a very sizeable wage in our circumstances.

It's also relevant because unless that wage is freed up where are we going to find the money to fund the 2 new forwards I think 100% of our fanbase can see we need next season.

It's the No1 issue to fix in my opinion, the 2nd being how we reinvigorate or if unable to, replace Johansen, the 3rd being not being reliant on 34 year old wing-backs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024