Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Replica shirt prices 12:07 - Jun 21 with 2930 viewsslmrstid

I must admit its quite a few years now since I last bought a replica shirt, but I've just seen on Facebook up here that Leicester have released their new shirts for 22/23 and will be charging £63 for adult shirts and £45 for juniors.

To me that seems absolutely outrageous. What cost of living crisis?

Sadly they will probably sell loads still and justify these crazy prices.

What have our lot been going for these past few years? I can't imagine they are anywhere near that much?
Replica shirt prices on 12:19 - Jun 21 with 2853 viewsdaveB

not far off that price, is usually between 40 and 50 quid
Replica shirt prices on 12:20 - Jun 21 with 2853 viewsQPR_Hibs

The new Hibs shirt is £55.

It's nice but not £55 nice.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Replica shirt prices on 12:21 - Jun 21 with 2852 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I think ours were about £45-50 last season. I didn’t bother with one last time as I bought loads of merch during lockdown. A combination of QPR cash from my season ticket and the bond should get me one this season if they’re nice.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Replica shirt prices on 12:26 - Jun 21 with 2829 viewsE17hoop

If you buy a day to day shirt for £50 you'll wear it 30 or 40 times if you're lucky before it starts to look a bit used. If you buy a replica shirt you might wear it to 30+ games, play 5 a side in it, take it on holiday and then stow it away to keep for a few years. In terms of wear, it'll get as much as anything else you buy - probably more - and has a sentimental and retention value above a typical bit of clothing.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Replica shirt prices on 13:13 - Jun 21 with 2733 viewsLazyFan

Replica shirt prices on 12:26 - Jun 21 by E17hoop

If you buy a day to day shirt for £50 you'll wear it 30 or 40 times if you're lucky before it starts to look a bit used. If you buy a replica shirt you might wear it to 30+ games, play 5 a side in it, take it on holiday and then stow it away to keep for a few years. In terms of wear, it'll get as much as anything else you buy - probably more - and has a sentimental and retention value above a typical bit of clothing.

Day-to-Day shirts cost £10 from Primark.
Assuming you go better and get a M&S one, that's around £30.

So, no it's not the same as day to day and remember parents have to buy these for the kids. And this does not include the obligatory #Grand1 on the back or the extra hat and rattle to wind up away fans with.

I would double down on the price and sell em for £20 and then dominate the market with QPR shirts all over the place. Push the brand everywhere Coka Cola style.

zzzzzzzzzz

Replica shirt prices on 13:21 - Jun 21 with 2709 viewsRs_Holy

new Liverpool shirt is £75

https://www.nike.com/gb/u/liverpool-fc-2022-23-stadium-home-dri-fit-football-shi
Replica shirt prices on 13:49 - Jun 21 with 2622 viewsJuzzie

£25

£75

Both are the same Dri-Fit shirt.

Nothing more than exploitation of people's money.
Replica shirt prices on 14:49 - Jun 21 with 2482 viewsjoe90

Funny one football shirts.

I don't think I've ever bought a full price QPR shirt. I had a few from the Briatore era with the horrible badge but threw them all away apart from the one from the league winning season. Since QPR cash came in I've bought a few with the money from that, my favourite being the red away from 20/21.

Thing is I never wear them, I just keep them in a draw neatly folded up. I use to run in them but I bought a proper running top and it's much better.

Football shirts have transitioned into mainstream fashion. You get those who like to wear the latest Madrid or PSG shirt, those who like an obscure foreign team and those around my age who go for the nostalgia vibe and like a 90's shirt.

Must be tough for parents as kids won't want to wait until the end of the season. That said, if my kid wanted a QPR shirt I'd be well chuffed. As the corporate football machine rolls on it's only going to get harder for clubs like QPR to attract young fans.
Login to get fewer ads

Replica shirt prices on 15:58 - Jun 21 with 2392 viewsLythamR

Replica shirt prices on 13:13 - Jun 21 by LazyFan

So, no it's not the same as day to day and remember parents have to buy these for the kids. And this does not include the obligatory #Grand1 on the back or the extra hat and rattle to wind up away fans with.

I would double down on the price and sell em for £20 and then dominate the market with QPR shirts all over the place. Push the brand everywhere Coka Cola style.

Fair point on the amount of wear you might get, the thing that gets me though is every time you wear it you are providing advertising and brand exposure for the sponsor, often for yours.

For that reason i think the cost of the shirts should be subsidised to some degree by the sponsor. i wont pay full price for a shirt carrying sponsorship i wait for the sales, on occasion i have missed out but so be it.
Replica shirt prices on 16:05 - Jun 21 with 2384 viewsE17hoop

Replica shirt prices on 13:13 - Jun 21 by LazyFan

A £10 shirt from Primark won't last 30+ wears.

I know about buying extra for kids and always told mine they could have them later in the season when they were cheaper. At 6,7,8 they don't care if it's the latest shirt - just that it's hoops.

Sell them at £20 and you'll need to find a way to generate that additional concessionary sales revenue from somewhere. You won't sell 2.5 times the number so where's the lost income coming from?

Replica shirt prices on 16:29 - Jun 21 with 2316 viewsJuzzie

Replica shirt prices on 16:05 - Jun 21 by E17hoop

A £10 shirt from Primark won't last 30+ wears.

I know about buying extra for kids and always told mine they could have them later in the season when they were cheaper. At 6,7,8 they don't care if it's the latest shirt - just that it's hoops.

Sell them at £20 and you'll need to find a way to generate that additional concessionary sales revenue from somewhere. You won't sell 2.5 times the number so where's the lost income coming from?

It's not "lost income".
Replica shirt prices on 16:37 - Jun 21 with 2286 viewsE17hoop

Replica shirt prices on 16:29 - Jun 21 by Juzzie

It's not "lost income".

If the club can sell 8k shirts at £50 and have budgeted for that, anything under that would be lost income. Reducing the price to £20 is £24k in lost revenue.

Replica shirt prices on 16:50 - Jun 21 with 2243 viewsJuzzie

Replica shirt prices on 16:37 - Jun 21 by E17hoop

If the club can sell 8k shirts at £50 and have budgeted for that, anything under that would be lost income. Reducing the price to £20 is £24k in lost revenue.

By that token, if fuel prices are reduced to £1.20/litre the difference will now be considered lost revenue?

They are 'budgeting' to offset crippling player salaries.

edit: the more people stop going to games, stop buying programmes, stop buying merchandise etc because they can't afford to clubs will just keep putting up prices so those left that do will end up having to pay more.

Briatore got it badly wrong. By putting up ticket prices he was forcing people away from the game which meant a drop in income from food & drink, programmes, merchandise etc. What he needed to do was price it so that we'd get pretty much a full house every week and then people would be spending on the aforementioned.

[Post edited 21 Jun 2022 17:38]
Replica shirt prices on 16:56 - Jun 21 with 2222 viewsterryb

Replica shirt prices on 16:37 - Jun 21 by E17hoop

8,000 shirts sold. Is that a possibility?

I might be way out, but if the club sold half that amount I would be surprised. I only know one supporter personally, that has bought a Rangers shirt in the past ten years. I've only had one shirt purchased for me from the club (Car Giant) & I've never bought one myself, very happy not to wear a football top since retiring from playing!

Do people really buy a shirt every season? If so, why? I do understand buying shirts for children & that must be more than expensive enough!
Replica shirt prices on 17:04 - Jun 21 with 2187 viewsRBlock

Replica shirt prices on 16:56 - Jun 21 by terryb

8,000 shirts sold. Is that a possibility?

I might be way out, but if the club sold half that amount I would be surprised. I only know one supporter personally, that has bought a Rangers shirt in the past ten years. I've only had one shirt purchased for me from the club (Car Giant) & I've never bought one myself, very happy not to wear a football top since retiring from playing!

Do people really buy a shirt every season? If so, why? I do understand buying shirts for children & that must be more than expensive enough!

I buy one most years, usually to play five aside in or wear to the games on occasion. The black one last year was a thing of beauty, didn't want to miss out on that. I really liked the red & white halves (Dom Ball v Cardiff) kit as well. After my season ticket & away games, I usually have quite a bit of QPR cash, so I'm only spending 20 quid odd of my own money.
Replica shirt prices on 17:37 - Jun 21 with 2133 viewsOldPedro

My son who is nearly 15, tends to have a new QPR shirt every year either for his birthday or Christmas so the money we spend on the shirts, we would spend on another present anyway.

He likes to wear them a lot, so he does get a lot of use out of them before they get too small - hopefully he will stop growing soon!!

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Replica shirt prices on 19:08 - Jun 21 with 1996 viewsMoonshineSteve

Have the option to buy them without the sponsor. It's hardly market research but a pub straw poll suggested that would help a few of us buy one. Should add that we're all of an age so I can't say if younger fans feel that the sponsor is important.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Replica shirt prices on 19:43 - Jun 21 with 1947 viewsjoe90

Replica shirt prices on 13:21 - Jun 21 by Rs_Holy

new Liverpool shirt is £75

https://www.nike.com/gb/u/liverpool-fc-2022-23-stadium-home-dri-fit-football-shi

You can get one on the same site for £114.95!!!!

https://www.nike.com/gb/u/liverpool-fc-2022-23-match-home-dri-fit-adv-football-s
Replica shirt prices on 19:47 - Jun 21 with 1944 viewsjoe90

Replica shirt prices on 19:08 - Jun 21 by MoonshineSteve

Have the option to buy them without the sponsor. It's hardly market research but a pub straw poll suggested that would help a few of us buy one. Should add that we're all of an age so I can't say if younger fans feel that the sponsor is important.

I’ve been saying this for ages.

I think a lot more people would buy them if they were sponsor-less. They’d also look a lot better. The design details on the shirts would come into their own without the distraction of an ugly sponsor logo.

Some clubs such as West Ham and Celtic already offer this. Would love it if we did, I would even consider wearing a replica shirt to a game!
[Post edited 21 Jun 2022 19:50]
Replica shirt prices on 19:53 - Jun 21 with 1924 viewsstowmarketrange

Replica shirt prices on 19:47 - Jun 21 by joe90

I’ve been saying this for ages.

I think a lot more people would buy them if they were sponsor-less. They’d also look a lot better. The design details on the shirts would come into their own without the distraction of an ugly sponsor logo.

Some clubs such as West Ham and Celtic already offer this. Would love it if we did, I would even consider wearing a replica shirt to a game!
[Post edited 21 Jun 2022 19:50]

I think that might be counter productive for someone who sponsors our shirts though.The bigger teams maybe take less as sponsorship if they sell some shirts without the sponsors logo on them,and I doubt we could afford to do it.I could easily be wrong though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024