Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A few thoughts.... 00:02 - Aug 7 with 5339 viewsnix

Swansea. Middlesbrough, Norwich, WBA and Huddersfield have all got one point or fewer. Can't see most of those fighting for relegation at the end of the season. A reminder that it's a very, very long season and we're bound to have ups and downs.

The comms team team did a fantastic job in creating a good atmosphere with Chloe, Martin Rowlands, Mark Prince and the Bowles family.

It's a b*gger to lose: Richards until October; Armstrong unknown; Clarke-Salter unknown. Roberts apparently in contention for Tuesday, which is good. I'd particularly of liked to see more of Richards as he looked quite promising last week.

There were signs that the team spirit and belief was starting to seep back. Goals are a huge part of that. We only scored 16 goals in 18 games from the beginning of Feb to the end of the season (if I've counted right) - 0.89 per game. We scored three today, which is bound to lift the crowd and the players.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 0:02]
A few thoughts.... on 17:25 - Aug 7 with 906 viewsPinnerPaul

A few thoughts.... on 14:50 - Aug 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Paul,

Should Kakay have got a peno for the shirt-pull in the area?

Sorry Brian, my standard Arsene Wenger reply here, I'm in T block so impossible to see from where I was.

As I often tell benches when I'm AR, I'm not making decisions from 50+ yards away.

I'll have a look at the 90' tomorrow and give an update of the ref's performance for you and my other reader!
A few thoughts.... on 17:28 - Aug 7 with 876 viewsPinnerPaul

A few thoughts.... on 15:39 - Aug 7 by Toast_R

I learnt that Middlesbrough's defending from set pieces is as rank as ours.

Interesting reply from MB to Nick's typical sycophantic question

"How good was it to score from 2 set pieces now we have a set piece coach?"

MB " I told him afterwards that its 2-2 now as we have conceded from 2 as well"

Well said that man!
A few thoughts.... on 17:29 - Aug 7 with 867 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A few thoughts.... on 17:25 - Aug 7 by PinnerPaul

Sorry Brian, my standard Arsene Wenger reply here, I'm in T block so impossible to see from where I was.

As I often tell benches when I'm AR, I'm not making decisions from 50+ yards away.

I'll have a look at the 90' tomorrow and give an update of the ref's performance for you and my other reader!

Sound, thanks man.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A few thoughts.... on 10:43 - Aug 9 with 582 viewsfrancisbowles

A few thoughts.... on 16:07 - Aug 7 by Antti_Heinola

I thought we defended well from set plays.
The one they scored was a superb ball in and a great header.
Fans often want it both ways: be able to defend every single set play of the season, as they see every single set play conceded as preventable (technically true, but also unrealistic); but to score plenty of goals from set plays, because they are great opportunities to score.
Truth somewhere in the middle on both.

Agree with that Antti. I think it is incredibly difficult to stay with your marker or pick up runners. They move first and it's hard to react quickly enough. You need eyes everywhere!

It's why you get all the holding and players not looking at the ball etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024