Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst matches ever 20:27 - Nov 4 with 6087 viewsWatford_Ranger

Watching Reading v PNE and it is possibly the worst 20 minutes of football I’ve ever seen at any level. Got me thinking what our worst ever games were. Some real dross under Hart and further back Houston but can’t remember anything so devoid of anything as this game.
Worst matches ever on 14:10 - Nov 6 with 1474 viewswelwynranger

Can't remember the teams involved.
Long time ago.
Stuart Hall reporting at half time.
He said " Awful game 0-0,"
Then stopped talking.
At full time
He said 0-0.
The first half was awful the second half was worse.
Worst matches ever on 19:54 - Nov 6 with 1387 viewsaston_hoop

I remember we had a New Years day midday kick off that finished 0-0 v Brighton. Not sure if the game was awful or it was just the collective hangover throughout the crowd that made it one of the dullest games ever.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Worst matches ever on 20:05 - Nov 6 with 1382 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worst matches ever on 14:10 - Nov 6 by welwynranger

Can't remember the teams involved.
Long time ago.
Stuart Hall reporting at half time.
He said " Awful game 0-0,"
Then stopped talking.
At full time
He said 0-0.
The first half was awful the second half was worse.

I remember another quote from him being "the first half was even, the second...even worse".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst matches ever on 23:15 - Nov 6 with 1319 viewsloftboy

Birmingham away 1986, the weekend before the milk cup semi up at Anfield, they hadn’t won for ages, Jim smith rested so many player Alan McDonald came out wearing the number 9 shirt and played up front, we lost 2-0 in front of less than 7000 and the majority of the QPR fans spent the game rowing with each other!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Worst matches ever on 08:01 - Nov 7 with 1266 viewsSydneyRs

Millwall away at the old Den in the 80s, second leg of a league cup tie. They were second division I think while we were a decent top flight team so it was a big deal to them.

It followed a 2-1 win in the home leg where a big noisy Wall following turned up. The atmosphere was tense to say the least and at half time about five different fights broke out in different parts of the stadium. Seemed pre planned by our visitors. We went 2-0 up and they got one back late on which led to quite incredible "limbs" in the away end. They also randomly attacked people on the platform at White City afterwards (while chanting bush whackers, the name of one of their firms), lovely and hugely brave bunch.

Anyway, I went to the second leg expecting at least a couple of thousand Rangers to be there as there would be for any midweek away game in London in those days. Not quite the case. Virtually nobody turned up, I reckon we had maybe 200 (and one of them, my mate who came with me, was a Forest fan) out of maybe a 15,000 crowd.

Back then you could still backpass to the keeper and he could pick it up. We decided to repeatedly do this to protect our one goal advantage, much to the growing fury of the home support. An absolutely dreadful game with us using totally negative tactics, a highly wound up home support, and a tiny away following all wondering how were were going to get away without a kicking.

It ended 0-0 and 90% of the home crowd seemed to be hanging around at the end waiting to meet us outside. It took forever for the police to clear the home terraces and even then it was a bit tasty around the ground with an air of menace. Getting on a train out of there was very much the high point of the evening.
Worst matches ever on 09:05 - Nov 7 with 1236 viewsloftboy

Worst matches ever on 08:01 - Nov 7 by SydneyRs

Millwall away at the old Den in the 80s, second leg of a league cup tie. They were second division I think while we were a decent top flight team so it was a big deal to them.

It followed a 2-1 win in the home leg where a big noisy Wall following turned up. The atmosphere was tense to say the least and at half time about five different fights broke out in different parts of the stadium. Seemed pre planned by our visitors. We went 2-0 up and they got one back late on which led to quite incredible "limbs" in the away end. They also randomly attacked people on the platform at White City afterwards (while chanting bush whackers, the name of one of their firms), lovely and hugely brave bunch.

Anyway, I went to the second leg expecting at least a couple of thousand Rangers to be there as there would be for any midweek away game in London in those days. Not quite the case. Virtually nobody turned up, I reckon we had maybe 200 (and one of them, my mate who came with me, was a Forest fan) out of maybe a 15,000 crowd.

Back then you could still backpass to the keeper and he could pick it up. We decided to repeatedly do this to protect our one goal advantage, much to the growing fury of the home support. An absolutely dreadful game with us using totally negative tactics, a highly wound up home support, and a tiny away following all wondering how were were going to get away without a kicking.

It ended 0-0 and 90% of the home crowd seemed to be hanging around at the end waiting to meet us outside. It took forever for the police to clear the home terraces and even then it was a bit tasty around the ground with an air of menace. Getting on a train out of there was very much the high point of the evening.

I went to that, they appeared on the big piles of rubble that was along side the exit and bombarded us with bricks.

Worst matches ever on 09:08 - Nov 7 with 1232 viewsHAYESBOY

0-0 against Brighton at home. Bobby Zamora was playing for them and it was just dire football from both teams.
The Reading game in the Prem when Boswanka laughed at the end when we were relegated with Reading.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Worst matches ever on 09:37 - Nov 7 with 1201 viewsloftboy

Just had a reminder on Facebook of another one, on this day 1987 QPR 0 Watford 0, Elton John had just married renata, he sat in the directors box in a huge hat, the game was so bad that the Rangers fans amused themselves by singing “Elton Johns a homosexual “ non stop for 90 minutes!

Login to get fewer ads

Worst matches ever on 09:45 - Nov 7 with 1184 viewsGroveR

Worst matches ever on 09:08 - Nov 7 by HAYESBOY

0-0 against Brighton at home. Bobby Zamora was playing for them and it was just dire football from both teams.
The Reading game in the Prem when Boswanka laughed at the end when we were relegated with Reading.

The 3-2 comeback at home against Liverpool taught me you bin Rangers at half-time at your peril but I had no compunction binning that Reading game. So bad I considered packing in QPR altogether and devoting my energy to a less abusive relationship.
Worst matches ever on 09:49 - Nov 7 with 1168 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Rangers 0 Ipswich 0
Saturday, 5. September 1992

They played 5 at the back with the 35 year old John Wark as sweeper I think.

God it was like watching paint dry standing at the front of the Lower Loft.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Worst matches ever on 10:16 - Nov 7 with 1141 viewsHayesender

Worst matches ever on 10:01 - Nov 5 by Superhoop83

Easy.

QPR 0 Bury 0. August 1998.

I still wake up screaming.

I was so bored af this game, I ended up trying to count how many Bury fans there were.

Think it was around 68

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Worst matches ever on 10:41 - Nov 7 with 1115 viewsOldhamR

Port Vale away, night match in the Greggs / Lidl / C&A cup, we got turned over as our players really didn't turn up. Can't even recall the score, got my middle lad in cheap as a "yoof" but one of West Mids finest spotted me buying him a pint at half-time and took it off him. Not really one of my best Rangers memories.
Worst matches ever on 11:19 - Nov 7 with 1092 viewsHayesender

Worst matches ever on 10:41 - Nov 7 by OldhamR

Port Vale away, night match in the Greggs / Lidl / C&A cup, we got turned over as our players really didn't turn up. Can't even recall the score, got my middle lad in cheap as a "yoof" but one of West Mids finest spotted me buying him a pint at half-time and took it off him. Not really one of my best Rangers memories.

Port "fecking" Vale

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Worst matches ever on 17:01 - Nov 7 with 1014 viewsnumptydumpty

I cannot remember the game but was under Holloway around five years ago perhaps.

Was a home game but can't remember who it was against but at this time Holloway had reverted to bizarre tactics and substitutions.

But at his most weird, came to be in this game, when he pushed renowned super striker, Joel Lynch, was pushed up to take a leading role up front because all other desperate strange versions of football had come to pass in this game with very little effect !!!

That was very strange !!!

Still recoiling now !!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Worst matches ever on 17:22 - Nov 7 with 982 viewsderbyhoop

Worst matches ever on 20:47 - Nov 4 by ted_hendrix

fakes 0 QPR 0.

One Sunday it was gruesome, I think from memory It was a near end of season game.

Neither team could be arsed, I think a few fans in the ground were lucky enough to drop dead.

It was anti football, utterly atrocious.

It was late in the PL season. Both teams got relegated at the end. I was there and had to check the programme to confirm I was watching a PL game.

Bosingwa distinguished himself as he left the pitch, laughing.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2022 17:29]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Worst matches ever on 17:37 - Nov 7 with 967 viewsNortholt_Rs

Worst matches ever on 17:01 - Nov 7 by numptydumpty

I cannot remember the game but was under Holloway around five years ago perhaps.

Was a home game but can't remember who it was against but at this time Holloway had reverted to bizarre tactics and substitutions.

But at his most weird, came to be in this game, when he pushed renowned super striker, Joel Lynch, was pushed up to take a leading role up front because all other desperate strange versions of football had come to pass in this game with very little effect !!!

That was very strange !!!

Still recoiling now !!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

It was at home v Derby….. Ollie had well and truly lost the plot. Bless him.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Worst matches ever on 17:59 - Nov 7 with 955 viewsGalileo

Went to that game. First and last visit to the Vetch Field. Conceded fairly early and pretty dire from then on.
Worst matches ever on 17:38 - Nov 8 with 835 viewsOldhamR

Worst matches ever on 11:19 - Nov 7 by Hayesender

Port "fecking" Vale

That wasn't me but he expresses my sentiments to a tee
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024