Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . 12:10 - Dec 7 with 4725 viewsknocker

Reading their boards, they seem to think they only have to turn up to win in a canter. If we can play at the level before the current slump, we are more than capable of beating these. Hope they are in for a shock.
Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 12:24 - Dec 7 with 4664 viewsNorthantsHoop

I think it is fair to say that none of us know which QPR will turn up on Sunday. Scoring is our main problem and the performances before the World Cup were poor, if we have a fit again Willock and Johansen and missing the distraction of Beale, we should be able to give it a go.
Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 13:15 - Dec 7 with 4437 viewsTheChef

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 12:24 - Dec 7 by NorthantsHoop

I think it is fair to say that none of us know which QPR will turn up on Sunday. Scoring is our main problem and the performances before the World Cup were poor, if we have a fit again Willock and Johansen and missing the distraction of Beale, we should be able to give it a go.

Yeah hard to know which Rs team will turn up but you hope with a full strength XI we can give it our best shot.

No doubt Burnley are quite good but they got thrashed at Bramall Lane just before the break, so anything is possible.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 13:26 - Dec 7 with 4402 viewsAntti_Heinola

We're a decent side. Poor at Brum, poor at Cov. But for all the teeth gnashing we could have got 3 points at Norwich and should have scored 6 v Huddersfield.
I think we all got a bit carried away after three wins in a week, so equally let's not panic too much at 5 without a win.

Bare bones.

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 13:30 - Dec 7 with 4367 viewsSimonJames

We got back into the play off positions by NOT playing...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 13:31 - Dec 7 with 4357 viewsqueensparker

No Chair is a massive loss for us, every time he’s missing we look less of a team.

Gonna be a tough one
Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 13:44 - Dec 7 with 4314 viewsNorthernr

Fascinating game. I'm putting a comfortable Burnley win in the preview but so many unknowns...

- Significant tactical and team changes by Hall? Has he been sitting there thinking significantly differently to beale and here's his chance?
- Johansen availability and fitness?
- Who replaces Chair, and it its Richards then will it be Huddersfield Richards or Coventry Richards?
- Are we any good or not? Games so far split fairly equally down the middle.
- Rustiness or freshness of either team coming back off the break.
- Reaction to Beale leaving. maybe they're glad to be shot of him? Form certainly collapsed after the Wolves debacle, was that linked? Will they come out ready to show him?
- How do the players who came here for Beale react? Paal, Iroegbunam, Balogun etc
Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 14:50 - Dec 7 with 4090 viewsPinnerPaul

Burnley (-1) at 7/2 looks a cracking bet to me.
Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 15:07 - Dec 7 with 4050 viewsLoyalitat

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 13:31 - Dec 7 by queensparker

No Chair is a massive loss for us, every time he’s missing we look less of a team.

Gonna be a tough one

We've lost Chair for the game, but mercifully, they've also lost their own Moroccan magician, Zaroury. A very good player, who just like Chair has had no game time either.

I still expect them to win on Sunday, but it will be close.
Login to get fewer ads

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 15:50 - Dec 7 with 3939 viewsaston_hoop

I wonder now if after his interview last year bemoaning the fact that a few more of our youngsters could be thrown in, will that be the case in the squad over the likes of Balogun and Iroegbunam

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 15:55 - Dec 7 with 3929 viewsdavman

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 15:50 - Dec 7 by aston_hoop

I wonder now if after his interview last year bemoaning the fact that a few more of our youngsters could be thrown in, will that be the case in the squad over the likes of Balogun and Iroegbunam

I hope not. They really aren't all that...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 16:27 - Dec 7 with 3839 viewsAntti_Heinola

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 13:44 - Dec 7 by Northernr

Fascinating game. I'm putting a comfortable Burnley win in the preview but so many unknowns...

- Significant tactical and team changes by Hall? Has he been sitting there thinking significantly differently to beale and here's his chance?
- Johansen availability and fitness?
- Who replaces Chair, and it its Richards then will it be Huddersfield Richards or Coventry Richards?
- Are we any good or not? Games so far split fairly equally down the middle.
- Rustiness or freshness of either team coming back off the break.
- Reaction to Beale leaving. maybe they're glad to be shot of him? Form certainly collapsed after the Wolves debacle, was that linked? Will they come out ready to show him?
- How do the players who came here for Beale react? Paal, Iroegbunam, Balogun etc

To me, Paul Hall using the 'I asked them to show honesty and integrity' line strongly suggests the players' mood is one of anger. I can't believe he would've said that if it wasn't a bit of an acknowledgement to how the players were feeling.
Whether that translates to an ultra-committed performance, who knows, but if I was Hall I'd certainly be using it in my teamtalk.

Bare bones.

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 17:55 - Dec 7 with 3646 viewsNorthernr

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 16:27 - Dec 7 by Antti_Heinola

To me, Paul Hall using the 'I asked them to show honesty and integrity' line strongly suggests the players' mood is one of anger. I can't believe he would've said that if it wasn't a bit of an acknowledgement to how the players were feeling.
Whether that translates to an ultra-committed performance, who knows, but if I was Hall I'd certainly be using it in my teamtalk.

Same and same.
Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 18:41 - Dec 7 with 3511 viewsngbqpr

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 16:27 - Dec 7 by Antti_Heinola

Oh how we'd all laugh if we make the play offs and Rangers end the season 20 points behind Celtic.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 21:43 - Dec 7 with 3199 viewsdigswellhoop

compony will leave for Belgium job
Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . (n/t) on 21:49 - Dec 7 with 3171 viewsManinBlack

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 13:15 - Dec 7 by TheChef

Yeah hard to know which Rs team will turn up but you hope with a full strength XI we can give it our best shot.

No doubt Burnley are quite good but they got thrashed at Bramall Lane just before the break, so anything is possible.

Perhaps Burnley fans saw the pic on Faceache at our place in 1973 when the scoreboard displayed QPR 1 Burnley 9 and take this as an omen.

The reason why Burnley were ripped apart in the second half at Bramall Lane was down to superb crosses into the box and United players winning every challenge and being first to every knockdown. Our performances up to the break displayed none of that and the crossing has been abysmal. Play like that against Burnley and their defenders will be comfortable.

I think the best we can hope for is a scrappy one nil win but I am not optimistic. However we do seem more capable of beating the top teams than those at the bottom so I will cling to that.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2022 21:57]
Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 22:14 - Dec 7 with 3115 viewsDannyPaddox

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 21:43 - Dec 7 by digswellhoop

I bet he won’t leave half way through a season tho. He strikes me as someone with inter-gritty.
Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 22:30 - Dec 7 with 3079 viewsTacticalR

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 13:31 - Dec 7 by queensparker

Gonna be a tough one

Can we fly him back if he's just twiddling his toes in Qatar?

Air hostess clique

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 23:07 - Dec 7 with 3024 viewsSydneyRs

Got this down as a 0-2 but would love to be wrong.
Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 05:38 - Dec 8 with 2886 viewsLoftgirl

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 21:43 - Dec 7 by digswellhoop

Who?
Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 06:25 - Dec 8 with 2861 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 18:41 - Dec 7 by ngbqpr

Oh how we'd all laugh if we make the play offs and Rangers end the season 20 points behind Celtic.

Whoa!! Sounds like you're giving up on the automatics already young man. Next you'll be telling us the FA Cup fourth round is in jeopardy.

Remember: Loose lips cost Championships!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 09:48 - Dec 8 with 2598 viewsfrancisbowles

We need to relay the Omniturf and summon the spirit of Glen Roerder.
Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 17:32 - Dec 8 with 2263 viewsdsr_burnley

Are Burnley fans being a little over confident . on 22:30 - Dec 7 by TacticalR

Can we fly him back if he's just twiddling his toes in Qatar?

Only if Zaroury comes with him!

As is always the way, when things go well, football fans get overconfident; when things go badly, we get underconfident. It should be a good game - every chance it will be a lot closer than either set of fans is predicting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024