Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morning after thread 08:45 - Dec 30 with 6094 viewswortonranger

Good
~ Luton’s 1st and 3rd goals ( “goal of the season..Sky comms)
~ Dykes tried hard and not as bad as some claim
~ Some brilliant skills displayed at odd moments and places
~ no yellow cards

Bad
~ can’t cross a ball to a specific place /player
~ midfielders not supporting quickly or with confidence
~ general air of sleepiness
~ not taking responsibility

Critchley needs time
Team needs JOJO
Team needs some lucky breaks
Morning after thread on 08:48 - Dec 30 with 3662 viewsHunterhoop

Team needs to work a lot harder
Team needs to be louder
Team needs to be more physical
Team does not need Tyler Roberts
Morning after thread on 08:50 - Dec 30 with 3647 viewsdistortR

"No yellow cards". When you are getting dicked, it would be nice to see some fight, hurt pride, anger. Instead of slumped shoulders and jumping out of tackles.
Morning after thread on 08:55 - Dec 30 with 3590 viewstraininvain

Pros: Chair nearly scored from a solo run that would’ve been goal of the season.

Cons: I’m not sure no yellow cards is something to shout about in a game like last night. We got bullied too often and we’re too nice as a team. The lack of leaders is clear as day.

Dykes tried hard but was ineffective and missed two chances. Luton striker had two chances and scored them both. That’s not the only reason we lost but it certainly didn’t help.
Morning after thread on 09:00 - Dec 30 with 3565 viewsNorthantsHoop

We need a total refresh, have to sell our so called stars and rebuild. The performances are not acceptable, especially at home. Sitting in the upper loft this season have only seen a couple of goals at our end from us and one of those was a penalty, yet away teams are banging them in. Both the Burnley and last night's game are not acceptable, in fact to lose four games on the trot at home with only 1 goal scored by us is poor. Crithchley has a right job on his hands to stop the rot best of luck to him, hopefully we can stabilise and finish mid table and start again next season.
Morning after thread on 09:01 - Dec 30 with 3557 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Sorry, but none of Lutons goals were good. Zero pressure on the ball in the lead up to both of them.
If players dont compete then we cant complain. A shocking performance, and I'm more annoyed this morning than on the way home last night.
Only positive for me was that it wasn't as cold as against Burnley.
Morning after thread on 09:04 - Dec 30 with 3530 viewsRangersDave

Team needs sacking and replacing with 11 random women found in mid wales, couldnt do any worse!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Morning after thread on 09:17 - Dec 30 with 3432 viewsDaBurgh

Knowing almost nothing about tactics as a qpr supporting septic. It was obvious to me that the few times the ball was crossed/sent into the area no one was making runs in to the box, they all seemed to be gawking at the ball from 10 yards out. Andy Sinton on comms agreed with me, lol. The number of times he said that we need people attacking the ball in the box, also as he pointed out, it's not always the first ball in, if you attack it then anything can happen, mistake by the defender, a lucky ricochet off your 'arris, anything. Also in my opinion too many players also fanny about with the ball when getting into the penalty area, just kick the Fricken thing, see above.
Also think Willock has been way below par and may have had his head turned. My two cents.
Morning after thread on 09:19 - Dec 30 with 3408 viewsstevec

We lack scorers, that simple really.

Literally none of this squad have an instinct for goals. It’s all very well saying crosses land in the wrong places, good forwards just happen to be in the right places.

If Dykes can make the wrong run, he will. At the same time, none of our midfielders have a clue when or where to drop in or around him. I think back to the ageing Pugh who was here a few years back, his legs had gone yet how many times would he ghost into scoring positions. None of our midfielders have this instinct.

Defensively we made one mistake last night, the first and third were just very good goals.
Login to get fewer ads

Morning after thread on 09:26 - Dec 30 with 3335 viewsgazza1

I haven't seen the game due to personal stuff but I saw the selected team......so I do not know who played good, bad or indifferent BUT......

If Shodipo is starting, Willock is not in the starting 11, Dykes is out No1 striker then its going to be an uphill battle.....
Morning after thread on 09:33 - Dec 30 with 3302 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Four home defeats in a row (without scoring) and Sheffield United on Monday. I just don't think you can take any positives from last night - it was a disgraceful performance against a side with just as little money as ourselves, yet who seem to have five times as many strikers in their squad. Our heads were down and we were beaten once their first goal went in, even though there were 80 minutes left. The fact we received no bookings sums it up.

Critchley has got a huge task on his hands and it's not going to be easy for him if his team puts in any more performances like that. The atmosphere will be toxic if we go a goal down early on against United. The worrying thing is it's in three days' time and those players look like they haven't got any fight in them.
Morning after thread on 09:42 - Dec 30 with 3254 viewsthehat

Difficult to find many positives last night Dykes effort and Sam Field probably. Shodipo and Laird did okay in fits and starts but thats about it.

Tactically we were a shambles the shape is all over the place and we are very easy to play against and get the ball turned over far to often. Our throw ins are shocking its so basic but we lose possession on nearly every throw.

Body language is poor too as we have far to many number 10’s in the squad.

Our biggest threat is our full backs so desperately need to go three at the back with 2 forwards and start to deliver early balls in the box.

Both Chair and Willock need to start on the bench - Yes they are our best technical players when they are playing well but they are both way below par and then become a big part of the problem.

Get back to basics and stop being far to open when we lose possession.
Morning after thread on 09:45 - Dec 30 with 3227 viewsPaddyhoops

Morning after thread on 09:01 - Dec 30 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Sorry, but none of Lutons goals were good. Zero pressure on the ball in the lead up to both of them.
If players dont compete then we cant complain. A shocking performance, and I'm more annoyed this morning than on the way home last night.
Only positive for me was that it wasn't as cold as against Burnley.

Couldn’t agree more . How many times have we seen this at the loft end this season . Goals concede from in and around the D . No pressure put on Morris whatsoever. . He picked his spot. Far too easy. Second was abysmal defending , they were queuing up at the back post to score.
As for the third . Cracking finish but he wasn’t closed down quick enough again.
Our home form is a big problem and the worrying thing is we’re getting whacked week on week now.
Morning after thread on 09:52 - Dec 30 with 3172 viewsDamo1962

Morning after thread on 09:33 - Dec 30 by Wegerles_Stairs

Four home defeats in a row (without scoring) and Sheffield United on Monday. I just don't think you can take any positives from last night - it was a disgraceful performance against a side with just as little money as ourselves, yet who seem to have five times as many strikers in their squad. Our heads were down and we were beaten once their first goal went in, even though there were 80 minutes left. The fact we received no bookings sums it up.

Critchley has got a huge task on his hands and it's not going to be easy for him if his team puts in any more performances like that. The atmosphere will be toxic if we go a goal down early on against United. The worrying thing is it's in three days' time and those players look like they haven't got any fight in them.

The Blades should win comfortably with their superior players, no shame in that. But we need to make them work for it and let them know they have been in a game. It is what we do against the teams we have a chance against...that will determine our outcome this season. Like you, I was shocked by the body language last night from a lot of our players - this needs to change quickly if we are to stay out of trouble. Critchley will hopefully identify the ones who don't want to be at QPR anymore, and show them the door, as this can only work if everyone is pulling in the same direction. This has shades of the Gregory season to me.
Morning after thread on 10:01 - Dec 30 with 3096 viewsgazza1

I have just watched the goals that we conceded.....

Goal1......the wide right Luton player had a lot of space/time, not sure why he was allowed to move inside, Scorer got a bit of luck with the shot, going through Lairds legs.

Goal2.....Dykes lost the goalscorer on the far post.

Goal3.....Proper strike.
Morning after thread on 10:08 - Dec 30 with 3082 viewsQPROslo

Morning after thread on 09:26 - Dec 30 by gazza1

I haven't seen the game due to personal stuff but I saw the selected team......so I do not know who played good, bad or indifferent BUT......

If Shodipo is starting, Willock is not in the starting 11, Dykes is out No1 striker then its going to be an uphill battle.....

Shodipo was about our best player yesterday. Willock when he came on was as the last 2 months or so, a shadow of the player he was in August and last season before his injury.
Morning after thread on 10:11 - Dec 30 with 3060 viewsRangersw12

Shocking performance. Players barely running and ducking 50/50 challenges

Roberts needs to be sent back ASAP he sums up everything wrong with that team
Morning after thread on 10:15 - Dec 30 with 3031 viewswortonranger

Morning after thread on 09:04 - Dec 30 by RangersDave

Team needs sacking and replacing with 11 random women found in mid wales, couldnt do any worse!

Can I help with the selection process?
Morning after thread on 10:18 - Dec 30 with 3000 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Morning after thread on 10:01 - Dec 30 by gazza1

I have just watched the goals that we conceded.....

Goal1......the wide right Luton player had a lot of space/time, not sure why he was allowed to move inside, Scorer got a bit of luck with the shot, going through Lairds legs.

Goal2.....Dykes lost the goalscorer on the far post.

Goal3.....Proper strike.

For the first goal, they played one long pass across the pitch that sliced us open - going from deep in their half to our box in seconds flat. We just don't do that, preferring to play ten sideways/backwards passes, stop, drop a shoulder, drop another shoulder, turn back, play ten sideways/backwards passes. Repeat.
Morning after thread on 10:20 - Dec 30 with 2992 viewslave16

Morning after thread on 10:18 - Dec 30 by Wegerles_Stairs

For the first goal, they played one long pass across the pitch that sliced us open - going from deep in their half to our box in seconds flat. We just don't do that, preferring to play ten sideways/backwards passes, stop, drop a shoulder, drop another shoulder, turn back, play ten sideways/backwards passes. Repeat.

Basically we are looking at a 12th place finish

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Morning after thread on 10:23 - Dec 30 with 2965 viewsgolborne

Morning after thread on 09:17 - Dec 30 by DaBurgh

Knowing almost nothing about tactics as a qpr supporting septic. It was obvious to me that the few times the ball was crossed/sent into the area no one was making runs in to the box, they all seemed to be gawking at the ball from 10 yards out. Andy Sinton on comms agreed with me, lol. The number of times he said that we need people attacking the ball in the box, also as he pointed out, it's not always the first ball in, if you attack it then anything can happen, mistake by the defender, a lucky ricochet off your 'arris, anything. Also in my opinion too many players also fanny about with the ball when getting into the penalty area, just kick the Fricken thing, see above.
Also think Willock has been way below par and may have had his head turned. My two cents.

Amos does usually try to spring out of midfield to get on the end of things, and is hopefully on his way back.
Morning after thread on 10:24 - Dec 30 with 2964 viewsdaveB

Morning after thread on 08:50 - Dec 30 by distortR

"No yellow cards". When you are getting dicked, it would be nice to see some fight, hurt pride, anger. Instead of slumped shoulders and jumping out of tackles.

I didn't see them jump out of any tackles, I thought the fight was there until the 3rd went in, flying into tackles and getting yourself booked might make us feel a bit better but not sure it would have made any difference
Morning after thread on 10:33 - Dec 30 with 2915 viewsNorthantsHoop

The last four games at home have been so poor, it is so disheartening watching your team just go through the motions. Credit to Luton they are a decent team, had us in their pocket all match and even without Adebayo had Morris to deliver. We look a right shambles at the moment, especially at home, the Beale saga has totally derailed the football side of things. We just have to hope Critchley can stop the rot, otherwise it is going to be a struggle up to May.
Morning after thread on 10:44 - Dec 30 with 2870 viewsactonman

“Our throw ins are shocking its so basic but we lose possession on nearly every throw “

As little as this seems but I have noticed this has been an issue for years !
Take throws too quick to players marked by 2 or 3
Nobody shows for the ball
Foul throws etc , I would love to see some sort of stat but the only time we ever retain the ball after a throw in is when we go back to a defender .

And another fing ! Why when we have a free kick or possession in our own half , pass it sideways then back to keeper then back to the original player with now opposing players chasing him down to then fcuk it up the field under pressure to nowhere?
Play the pass forward in the first place ffs !!!
Morning after thread on 10:47 - Dec 30 with 2858 viewsloftusranger

Morning after thread on 09:17 - Dec 30 by DaBurgh

This was the big thing for me last night. The set up did not get bodies in the box. Shodipo and Chair held the touchline. Field and Tim played deep and Roberts seemed to be in the number 10 role but only made it into the box in the first 15-20 minutes. As the game went on he seemed to get deeper and deeper. We started the second half having Shopido and Laird getting into crossing positions every time we had the ball. Chair didn't see the ball but he was never attacking the back post. Surely one of the centre mids could have got in the box and gambled when we were two down?
Dykes isnt the best but when he's marked by 3 he's working off scraps. His chances were scrambled chances compared to Morris who had time for his.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 10:48]
Morning after thread on 10:49 - Dec 30 with 2836 viewsRangersw12

Morning after thread on 10:24 - Dec 30 by daveB

I didn't see them jump out of any tackles, I thought the fight was there until the 3rd went in, flying into tackles and getting yourself booked might make us feel a bit better but not sure it would have made any difference

Roberts pulled out of a header 6 yards from there goal
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024