Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tough gig 17:15 - Feb 10 with 1130 viewsJPC

So, having read the Les and Lee interviews, and the reaction they got, it got me wondering: our owners are as good / better than we can expect accepting that they have made mistakes, we’ve changed managers regularly, so if the choice was to swap out CEO and DOF, would this be seen as an attractive job given the obvious constraints?
Tough gig on 17:28 - Feb 10 with 1079 viewsjoe90

It's a reflection of the 'perpetual crisis' syndrome that's in football. Fan's can't get enough of it. Nearly every club is in some sort of crisis.

The recent interview with Les/Lee revealed nothing new. We've been told a million times what the problems are, yet people insist on holding people account for what, I'm not sure.

At the end of the day, anyone looking to fill those roles will only be interested in how much they'll be paid. There is no prestige working for QPR.
Tough gig on 17:39 - Feb 10 with 1035 viewsHooping_Mad

The owners are quietly paying for the running of the club whilst seemingly expecting championship survival and little more.

Yes I think there would be interest, but anyone coming in needs to be street wise after what happened to our owners in the first few years. That requirement does narrow the field.

Sometimes it is better the devil you know, other times you have to twist.

The question we have is direction, and it's the owners who are entitled to dictate that to the tune of several million a month.

New CEO and DOF would need to be fecking amazing to be honest. That said it doesn't change the fact that certain club 'processes' haven't worked out as planned recently and they are responsible for those failures.

Despite what some know it all's think I actually do comprehend what a difficult position the owners are in. (sorry not aimed at you OP)
[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 19:46]

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Tough gig on 18:03 - Feb 10 with 972 viewsDWQPR

It’s a couple of jobs where now frankly mediocrity is seen as a good job done. My thoughts are that the club is hamstrung by location and FFP which combined affects us more than most if not all other clubs. And it doesn’t help when our nearest rivals have overtaken us, Fulham and North Battersea by having rich benefactors before anybody ever considered the idea of FFP and Brentford getting an owner who was ten years ahead of the rest in the moneyball stakes. I have no problem with the owners or Ferdinand or Hoos. I’m sure all of them would love to see the demise of FFP and then show what their real abilities are. Then we can fairly judge them.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024