Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Refusal to share injury news 10:37 - Feb 26 with 6640 views1JD

GA is continuing his Wycombe policy of refusing to share injury news. So we won’t know if Ilias Chair is out for 6 months or 2 weeks until he re-appears in the matchday squad.

I get the logic - it may give an edge on the opposition, but on the other hand, I personally believe it is quite disrespectful to a paying fan base, who deserve to know what players are actually going to be available, before deciding to attend/pay.

I’m on record having watched Wycombe play for several years, that he must change some of his ways if he to be a success at QPR. This is one. As is his chronic late use of subs, which is another concern I have.

On the positive side, I thought the first 45 was night and day, the amount of duels we won, the increased physicality in the tackle, and overall team intensity, was vastly improved and it was great to see.

Any thoughts on the injury news policy, or am I too early to the party on this one?
Refusal to share injury news on 15:20 - Feb 26 with 1756 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The title of this thead is the least of our problems, and I'm not sure a blanket ban on comms or taking out a full page in the tabloids announcing our wounded players, will make a ha'peth of difference.

Why we get so many injuries is the issue. QPR should, as a matter of utmost urgency, conduct a root-and-branch review of the whole chain from player recruitment, training, rehabilitation, nutrition, selection, and medical management because it has been shockingly poor for years.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Refusal to share injury news on 15:32 - Feb 26 with 1720 viewstraininvain

And it begins…
Refusal to share injury news on 15:32 - Feb 26 with 1721 viewsAddinall

Refusal to share injury news on 15:18 - Feb 26 by earthdweller

QPR is so crappy right now, is “Chairs availability” really a factor when deciding to buy a ticket or club stream?

It shouldn't do.
Refusal to share injury news on 15:44 - Feb 26 with 1685 viewsmart_Goblin

That’s nothing new here .

Do we really know what’s wrong with Balogun?
Refusal to share injury news on 16:23 - Feb 26 with 1583 viewsflynnbo

Refusal to share injury news on 12:32 - Feb 26 by essextaxiboy

Who on earth would decide whether to "attend/pay" on the basis of who was going to be in the team ?

The Korean fans?
Refusal to share injury news on 16:23 - Feb 26 with 1582 viewsHastings_Hoops

Ainsworth out
Refusal to share injury news on 16:30 - Feb 26 with 1566 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Refusal to share injury news on 15:44 - Feb 26 by mart_Goblin

That’s nothing new here .

Do we really know what’s wrong with Balogun?

Broken heart.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Refusal to share injury news on 16:35 - Feb 26 with 1546 viewsOldPedro

Refusal to share injury news on 16:30 - Feb 26 by PlanetHonneywood

Broken heart.

Didn't Critchley say that they had sent him for scans and the scans didn't show any issue but that Balogan still thought something wasn't right. So yes, broken heart/tantrum because Beale left.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Login to get fewer ads

Refusal to share injury news on 16:40 - Feb 26 with 1530 viewsPinnerPaul

Refusal to share injury news on 12:47 - Feb 26 by 1JD

Perhaps that was wrongly worded. I just feel that we as paying fans deserve to know who is available and who isn’t.

I’m not aware of any other team that does this, which isn’t to say it is right or wrong, but I suspect the higher up the leagues you go, and the bigger the club, the less the fans are going to be accepting of this.

Loads of teams do this - in fact as Clive has pointed out, some go further and issue massive injury lists/doubts only for most of them to play!
Refusal to share injury news on 16:44 - Feb 26 with 1499 viewsPinnerPaul

Refusal to share injury news on 13:17 - Feb 26 by 1JD

Yes it is different. It’s probably too soon, but in time you will see that there is zero detail on anyones injury or when they will return. This is not the same because until now, we received injury details (hamstring, ankle, knee injury etc) and estimated time out. E.g. a short term injury - couple weeks, mid term, or serious injury, months long.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2023 13:17]

and people complained about that!

MW especially would say someone had a 'minor knock' and then we wouldn't see them for a month! Or the nonsense/meaningless - "He's back out on the grass" - which meant anything from back in a week to back in a month!

Have too many 'muscle' injuries; and you have medical experts like Kevin Gallen questioning our whole medical team - so can see why he doesn't want the grief myself, as well as the info for oppo argument.
Refusal to share injury news on 16:45 - Feb 26 with 1497 viewsPinnerPaul

Refusal to share injury news on 14:31 - Feb 26 by DaBurgh

Well this sort of defeats the object of Ainsworth staying schtum about injuries. A tweet indicating that Ilias was in tears going down the tunnel kinda let's the opposition know that he may be out for a while.

Well that's nonsense - no one including the player himself will know how long he is out for 30 seconds after the injury happens!
Refusal to share injury news on 21:35 - Feb 26 with 1346 viewsDaBurgh

Refusal to share injury news on 16:45 - Feb 26 by PinnerPaul

Well that's nonsense - no one including the player himself will know how long he is out for 30 seconds after the injury happens!

Just making the point that as a professional sportsman and had probably experienced numerous niggles, tweeks and associated ouchies in the hamstring over the years. He can probably make an educated guess about the severity of the injury, and if it is something that will keep him off the pitch for a week or two or longer. Or, maybe as you pointed out, I am talking nonsense.
Refusal to share injury news on 21:47 - Feb 26 with 1314 viewsdanehoop

Refusal to share injury news on 12:51 - Feb 26 by essextaxiboy

Maybe in the post match interview , for instance I would like to know why Armstrong wasnt involved yesterday but you must be able to see the advantage of Rotheram not knowing whether to plan for Chair or not next week .

Armstrong was injured.

Never knowingly understood

Refusal to share injury news on 22:51 - Feb 26 with 1238 viewsE17hoop

Ainsworth will be the Marmite for the loan players and muscle injuries.

Waiting to see how long it takes Roberts et al to make the decision whether they're in or out. Interesting to see who's available for Rotherham.

I'd also love to be a fly on the wall for GA's chat with Balogun.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Refusal to share injury news on 00:15 - Feb 27 with 1115 viewsstainrods_elbow

Refusal to share injury news on 16:45 - Feb 26 by PinnerPaul

Perhaps they were tears of joy and he doesn't really want to play for us either now.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Refusal to share injury news on 07:07 - Feb 27 with 1008 viewsdavman

Refusal to share injury news on 14:51 - Feb 26 by CLAREMAN1995

This is the last thing every QPR fan wanted to see yesterday Chair going off with a hamstring.
Lost in the misery of the last few months was the 5 or 6 players running out for us every week and trying to deliver points .
Sure some of them were off form and most had poor games but they were reliable and not many people gave a second thought to the wear and tear on their bodies.
I know Dickie is struggling right now but if he and Dunne get hurt or Field etc we are completly screwed .
Its been mentioned many times but our muscle injuries are shocking what is the issue ? does anybody have any clue to stop it

... and I know he has been pretty awful recently, but what if Paal gets a knock? Ozzie at LB and Adomah at RB? *SHUDDER*

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Refusal to share injury news on 07:55 - Feb 27 with 958 viewsessextaxiboy

Refusal to share injury news on 16:23 - Feb 26 by flynnbo

The Korean fans?

A good point succinctly put ...
Refusal to share injury news on 08:04 - Feb 27 with 943 viewsJuzzie

Oi remember them thar days before t’internet where we had a few paragraphs, if we were lucky, in the sub Standard and maybe something on teletext.
Generally knew fk all about what was going. Relied on going to the game any buying a programme to get the low down on things.
Today the pendulum has swung the other way and it’s information saturation which in turn fuels the craving for it.
Refusal to share injury news on 09:02 - Feb 27 with 858 viewsstanistheman

Refusal to share injury news on 12:32 - Feb 26 by essextaxiboy

Who on earth would decide whether to "attend/pay" on the basis of who was going to be in the team ?

I have a ST but understand some might choose to save their money if they can only afford to attend a few games each season knowing that all the good attacking players will not be playing.
Refusal to share injury news on 09:11 - Feb 27 with 843 viewsEsox_Lucius

Refusal to share injury news on 11:01 - Feb 26 by dmm

Ian McCullough tweeted that Chair was in tears going down the tunnel. WLS are speculating it's a hammy.

He went down holding his hamstring and looked in pain. During his treatment, the physio was doing full hamstring stretches which, to my untrained eye, would indicate a strain. He also walked off the pitch and then waited on the touchline to come back on but, I am guessing, the medical advice was substitution to protect him from further injury. The tears indicate jut how much playing for the R's means to him, his heart and commitment are NEVER in doubt.
He is everything you could want in a captain and leader. Get fit soon Ilias.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2023 10:39]

The grass is always greener.

Refusal to share injury news on 10:02 - Feb 27 with 771 viewsjohnhoop

Refusal to share injury news on 09:11 - Feb 27 by Esox_Lucius

He went down holding his hamstring and looked in pain. During his treatment, the physio was doing full hamstring stretches which, to my untrained eye, would indicate a strain. He also walked off the pitch and then waited on the touchline to come back on but, I am guessing, the medical advice was substitution to protect him from further injury. The tears indicate jut how much playing for the R's means to him, his heart and commitment are NEVER in doubt.
He is everything you could want in a captain and leader. Get fit soon Ilias.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2023 10:39]

Agree with this absolutely. Ilias always gives 100% effort on the pitch every time he plays but it looked like he’d been motivated by Ainsworth to try to give even more and at the time he sustained the injury he’d been racing around at high speed trying to win the ball for us and the injury seems to have occurred in the final stretch he made to do it.
He is almost the sole driving force that prompts our attacks and moves us up the pitch into the opposition half ( as another poster commented “the heartbeat of the team”) and as Clive hinted in the match report, once he had gone the team seemed to lack any purpose and cohesion at all.
I am convinced that his presence or otherwise in the run in is likely to be the determining factor in our hopes of survival. With him I think we stand a chance of gaining the points necessary but add his loss to the absence of Dykes and Willock and the resources we have left in attack look pathetically inadequate for posing any real threat at all to the opposition goal. Add that to the wide open midfield and the constantly malfunctioning defence and I can’t see how any manager could succeed.
It is why I would feel a lot happier if Ainsworth were to make an exception to his policy in this one case, just to let us know if we’re going to be without Chair for a couple of weeks or a couple of months. ( Although I realise that he won’t).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024