Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Honda CR-V again 08:59 - Apr 18 with 3222 viewsRangersDave

Hi everyone,

Some of you might remember the tribulations i posted here a year or so ago regarding the leased Honda CR-V Hybrid i got on a 4 year lease 22 months ago.

The problems were manyfold, and despite many visits back to Honda to look at the vehicle, would pronounce the vehicle fit for use as they could not find a fault. occassionally they would claim that they had 'updated the software'.

Since i got the car 22 months ago it i have recorded with yesterdays 2 brakedown's 97 (yes your reading that right) brakedowns.

The car has failed going to work, at the shops, going home from work at 2am, in the middle of countryside miles from home, etc etc.

During this time it has slowly gotten worse, and i have taken to video'ing all brakedowns, and sending the leasing company (Honda Leasing) links to the pics and videos as proof of my problems.
The pics and videos are embedded with date and time.
Honda Leasing, when you e-mail them, merely send me a 'we endevour to get back to you within 48 hours' automated reply. 3 or 4 times i have had a reply to which i then reply, and get said automated reply again with no one ever contacting me.

It's truly diabolical service from them, and i'm at my whits end now.

I'd appreciate any advice, but i'm at a loss what to do so i keep driving it to and from work (50 miles each way), and hope it doesnt let me down during the journey.

The first brakedown (in my opinion) caused untold problems within the main electrical system, as the brakedown was quite dramatic on the M6, and led to all gauges, speedo, sat nav etc (all on a screen) went off with a loud audible pop and a flash (this was 6 weeks in from 'new'). i believe this to be the root of everything.

Any sensible ideas please, remembering i do need a car to commute.

Feel free to share this post as maybe some negative publicity might talvanise someone to at least talk to me, and in a few minutes i will post links here so you can all see the problems i've had.

Best
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

My Honda CR-V again on 09:35 - Apr 18 with 3133 viewswombat

social media (twitter is usually a good way of getting a earlier response) honda are truelly awful these days made the mistake of buying a CRV years ago couldnt wait to get rid of it a year later . a lot of car companies are having major problems with #~~PHEV cards pretty much all of them have major problems im sorry to say

Poll: which is your favouite foot

My Honda CR-V again on 10:04 - Apr 18 with 3090 viewsthorpebankR

Don't know where you are located mate but the JVS show on BBC three counties is very good at getting companies to respond. They have a consumer section each day and companies don't want bad publicity. Social media as has been said is also a good way to get a response.
My Honda CR-V again on 10:12 - Apr 18 with 3072 viewsessextaxiboy

How about bypassing the Lease Co and the Dealership and speaking directly to Honda UK .?

I used to be a Ford Service Manager until I hit 40 . If we had an issue that we could not fault or could not find Ford would sometimes send a field engineer to the dealership , meet the customer as a representative of the manufacturer and direct us in repair . I would give him a tech for the day .

Cars self diagnose these days, read the fault codes , replace a faulty component , clear the codes down ... fixed in theory . Good luck .
My Honda CR-V again on 10:14 - Apr 18 with 3066 viewsstevec

Really sorry to hear your plight, not least as I’ve been driving CRV’s for the last 20 odd years.

I’m not sure where you stand but are you in a position where you could go back to the lease company and say you’re not paying another penny until they replace or cancel the contract. Given all you’ve mentioned it seems plausible to do that.
My Honda CR-V again on 10:36 - Apr 18 with 3019 viewsRangersDave

My Honda CR-V again on 10:14 - Apr 18 by stevec

Really sorry to hear your plight, not least as I’ve been driving CRV’s for the last 20 odd years.

I’m not sure where you stand but are you in a position where you could go back to the lease company and say you’re not paying another penny until they replace or cancel the contract. Given all you’ve mentioned it seems plausible to do that.

Sorry, i should have mentioned, the lease company is Honda Leasing, and they wont even reply to my mails to them, all i get is a 'we will endevour to contact you within 48 hours' message, and the majority of the time (99%) they dont.

and the 1% of the time the message conversation is simply over after 2 messages from them, and no reply to my message therafter.

it sucks, the times i've broken down at 2am after a 12 hour shift is beyond a joke, let alone in supermarkets, paid car parks etc.

No one in business should treat someone this badly.

Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

My Honda CR-V again on 11:05 - Apr 18 with 2976 viewsBoston

Ninety Seven breakdowns! It's a film production company I'd be contacting, you're about to get a reality tv show.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

My Honda CR-V again on 11:11 - Apr 18 with 2968 viewsTheChef

My Honda CR-V again on 11:05 - Apr 18 by Boston

Ninety Seven breakdowns! It's a film production company I'd be contacting, you're about to get a reality tv show.

Well yeah I can't believe you've put up with that.

I'd sit in their office demanding a replacement car and wouldn't leave until they had done so.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

My Honda CR-V again on 11:25 - Apr 18 with 2927 viewsblacky200

My Honda CR-V again on 10:36 - Apr 18 by RangersDave

Sorry, i should have mentioned, the lease company is Honda Leasing, and they wont even reply to my mails to them, all i get is a 'we will endevour to contact you within 48 hours' message, and the majority of the time (99%) they dont.

and the 1% of the time the message conversation is simply over after 2 messages from them, and no reply to my message therafter.

it sucks, the times i've broken down at 2am after a 12 hour shift is beyond a joke, let alone in supermarkets, paid car parks etc.

Personally I would be getting legal advice. The car is clearly not fit for purpose and I think this would be a legitimate reason for the contract to be terminated. Alternatively you could contact a consumer programme such as BBC watchdog.
Login to get fewer ads

My Honda CR-V again on 11:41 - Apr 18 with 2888 viewsRangersDave

Pics and Videos

Sorry its late, but here's the link to all the faults with the CR-V Hybrid causing the breakdowns.

The highest number folder has both of yesterdays brakedown videos, if your in an office please turn your volume down as i get a bit shouty and sweary due to my exasperation with the car letting me down.

Now, the common thread with these problems is electrical, but the main dealers can find no problems at all. Despite them having access to all the videos you can see here......

https://northernphotography.zenfolio.com/f454484402

My Honda CR-V again on 11:46 - Apr 18 with 2863 viewsstevec

My Honda CR-V again on 10:36 - Apr 18 by RangersDave

You’re right, they shouldn’t.

What with WFH, phone calls are a complete waste of time. You need to get it down in writing and post it addressed to the boss of the Company, it stops the he said, she said stuff and much harder to ignore.

A ‘Jean-Marc Streng’ is coming up as Honda UK MD, address it to him and if you can’t find his address (you won’t) send it for his attention at their Bracknell address. Say you have tried phone calls to no avail and say you now want everything to proceed in writing. Suggest how you want this outcome to be resolved so they know exactly where you stand. Ideally, you don’t want to go legal as it costs you money but I’d imagine they will come to an agreement unless they really are a bunch of cnts.
My Honda CR-V again on 12:26 - Apr 18 with 2798 viewsToast_R

Sounds like your ECU could be the route of the the issue.
I had an ECU blow up on my old Peugeot 306. There was no mechanic in South London who could diagnose the problem because there were no codes to validate that. A crazy person doesn't know they're crazy right? And there lies the problem. If the car doesn't tell them what the problem is, they havnt got a scooby. In the end after much Googling and scouring Peugeot forums, I found out that the coil packs on some model of Peugeot 306's were design faulty and occasionally spiked the ECU. That's basically the car brain damaged. It started with the tripometre randomly re-setting it's self(mild symptom), engine stalls whilst deiving along, to the car self revving the engine without warning so you'd be driving and the car would start accelerating without me doing anything, the only way to gain some kind of control was to hit the clutch Absolutely mental.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2023 12:29]
My Honda CR-V again on 12:33 - Apr 18 with 2783 viewskensalriser

That’s nuts. Stop messing around and get a solicitor. It might even be on your insurance if you have legal cover.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

My Honda CR-V again on 12:35 - Apr 18 with 2766 viewsBluce_Ree

Phone them and threaten to kill a kid every hour on the hour until they replace that lemon they're leasing you.

[not a lawyer]

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

My Honda CR-V again on 12:38 - Apr 18 with 2748 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Very sorry to hear this.
I am on my 3rd CRV and 6th Honda although all have been Petrol. I have always found their service to be outstanding so this is shocking to see.
Some very good advice on here so good luck and keep us posted.
My Honda CR-V again on 16:36 - Apr 18 with 2570 viewscollegeranger

As others said you need to go to Honda UK and write and reject the car and detail all the issue - especially the link you shared earlier. I would also mention Consumer Protection Act (also read it yourself to get the clause you should use against the issues).

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1987/43

If you get nothing from them Honda UK - go nuclear and send it Toshihiro Mibe
President, CEO and Representative Director, Honda Motor Co., Ltd. in Japan.

You should also contact some of the consumer rights champions on the TV and papers - Mike Rutherford @ AutoExpress, BBC Watchdog etc etc. Just be dint of you having so many and fully document issues will make great copy for them.
My Honda CR-V again on 16:56 - Apr 18 with 2531 viewsTW_R

Here you go - Jean-Marc.Streng@honda-eu.com

This is a very useful page too - https://www.ceoemail.com/hints.php
My Honda CR-V again on 09:30 - Apr 19 with 2338 viewsRangersDave

My Honda CR-V again on 16:56 - Apr 18 by TW_R

Here you go - Jean-Marc.Streng@honda-eu.com

This is a very useful page too - https://www.ceoemail.com/hints.php

Hi guys,

Thanks for your advice and help.

Letter to Jean Marc at 9.39am

I will let you know how it goes.
Cheers
Dave

My Honda CR-V again on 16:08 - Apr 20 with 2204 viewsRangersDave

Hi everyone,

May i thank you all for your help and advice re my CR-V hybrid.

I mailed the CEO, and then started sending videos to him and the guys and gals under him.
Lo and hehold, he's not written to me, but the action ive had the last hour is more than you'd see in an opposition goalmouth with Rangers playing.

I will let you know what happens etc, but just wanted to say thanks to my Rangers family here.
cheers guys and gals
Dave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024