Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Martin 09:10 - Apr 23 with 1671 viewsSuperhoops2808

I think he deserves a positive thread - When he signed the negativity on this forum was unbelievable yet yesterday he may have scored the most important goal for us this season

Was he the best choice as signing? Probably not but he was free and when Dykes was in hospital he came here to help.

And no one can say he hasn't tried his best throughout and for me may just have got us out of this black hole we were slipping towards - aka League One

So, Well done Chris Martin and thank you
Chris Martin on 09:15 - Apr 23 with 1592 viewsstevec

Absolutely, a proper dedicated footballer and decent man and always has been.

Must be gut wrenching for him looking round at some of the clowns masquerading as footballers at the club this season. Fckin shame on all of them and it doesn’t need spelling out who they are, they know.
Chris Martin on 09:17 - Apr 23 with 1567 viewsGaryBannister86

Yes, fair play, he's done far more than I ever envisaged (and I thought it would be zero), but I think it is right to remember that it wasn't really Chris Martin himself but the implications of the signing - that we were in such a position that we couldn't find a replacement for Lyndon Dykes just for a few weeks and had to take a desperate gamble on an old timer. Looks like it may (just) pay off though.
Chris Martin on 09:35 - Apr 23 with 1473 viewsLblock

If he can get one more winner this season then when we “consciously uncouple” at the end of the season then he will leave as a very positive signing.

Agreed I never thought I’d hear myself say that but there you go.

It would be fitting that he gets a winner versus Brizzle City (after a goal versus Sjoke to pull us level before Armstrong with a late winner) and then he hangs up his boots as a Pro

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Chris Martin on 09:43 - Apr 23 with 1425 viewsPhilmyRs

I didn’t have a problem with the Martin signing at the time - experienced pro to cover for Dykes - was surprised how many people thought it was a poor bit of business. My issues have been with persisting with him and Dykes as a pairing. Should be one or the other as it was yesterday.

Comes across as a decent and likeable pro and he’s definitely added some professionalism to the ranks. We need to be careful though not to offer longer term contracts because of this - see Austin and Steff - although given age doubtful this will be a problem.
Chris Martin on 09:50 - Apr 23 with 1385 viewsBklynRanger

It also helped that he was used just the way he should be yesterday - late impact sub.

Really happy for him, he deserved that yesterday, not least for giving a shit when others didn't seem to.
Chris Martin on 10:04 - Apr 23 with 1308 viewsDorse

Great attitude from a great pro. He might only have a couple of games left but he clearly wants to leave us with good memories.

Makes me feel a bit of a jerk for the fat jokes I made when he signed. Cheerfully withdrawn with apologies.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024