Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Asmir Begovic 23:59 - Jul 11 with 28111 viewsaston_hoop

Better than Jordan Archer to be fair

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Asmir Begovic on 00:48 - Jul 12 with 8094 viewsbenhurst

I think it's a good move for us, buys us another year to either find a long-term goalkeeper or get Walsh out on loan (as well as Mahoney) and see how he develops.
Asmir Begovic on 01:25 - Jul 12 with 8046 viewsHooparoo

He’s very experienced and a talker so maybe just what our dopey defence needs to get organised.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Asmir Begovic on 02:40 - Jul 12 with 7959 views08olesen

Encourage everyone to go and listen to his podcast with Ben Foster, he sounds like the exact sort of bloke we need, still hungry to play and a good guy to have around.

I recognise he doesn’t have a resale value but I think next season Is all about survival and I think his experience will be useful in the trenches.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Asmir Begovic on 04:32 - Jul 12 with 7883 viewsHoopsie

If we are after Begovic or any other keeper as no.1 i am guessing archer is back up, so Joe Walsh needs a loan to L1 or L2 or NL. He can't be sitting on the bench never going to get his chance for another full season after all the chattery about trying to get into squad and playing. Loan that is recallable?

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Asmir Begovic on 06:38 - Jul 12 with 7717 viewsdmm

I hope this is true as he's as good as any we could bring in at the moment.
Asmir Begovic on 06:44 - Jul 12 with 7682 viewsOakR

I'd be very happy with this myself. Good keeper. Age not as important for keepers, good experience, our defence has been conceding for fun so a good head like this that will enforce standards. Hoping for a Derry / Hill type influence..

Poll: Will we stay up?

Asmir Begovic on 06:58 - Jul 12 with 7633 viewsdmm

WLS says he could be signed today - https://www.westlondonsport.com/chelsea/qpr-look-to-complete-signing-of-former-c
Asmir Begovic on 07:11 - Jul 12 with 7555 viewsQPRSteve

Played for Chelsea eh? He will need a bloody good scrub down before coming near our brand new training ground then.
Login to get fewer ads

Asmir Begovic on 07:38 - Jul 12 with 7425 viewsBklynRanger

He probably wants to stay active in his twilight years.

"Oh don't worry, you'll be active..."
Asmir Begovic on 07:57 - Jul 12 with 7324 viewsHammersmithR

Absolutely ridiculous if true. If you get rid of someone you need to replace them with someone better. Why are we signing a 36 year old who has barely played in recent times? Such a joke. This transfer window is going from bad to worse. Another nail in our relegation coffin. Sad times for our club.
Asmir Begovic on 08:04 - Jul 12 with 7264 viewsSakura

He's been kept out the team by Jordan Pickford who's Englands number 1 so maybe that's a little misleading to moan how he hasn't played at first team level

He's pretty experienced so again the lack of recent first team football not such a major issue

Luton were also in for him which to me is another good sign

Also seems to be a big correlation between those moaning we have signed an old rather than a young goal keeper and those certain we are getting relegated

Surely if you think we are going down you don't need to worry about every single player being young (some will be Ziyad for example) but we also need to replace the lost experience (like Johansen)

This is the last season before blow out £20m loss roles out. Can spend on young keeper next year

Good signing for me this
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 8:05]
Asmir Begovic on 08:06 - Jul 12 with 7273 viewscolinallcars

He won't sign - the club has ruled it out Asmir speculation.
Asmir Begovic on 08:18 - Jul 12 with 7166 viewsSakura

Also worth adding he scores better goals than Seny…

[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 8:22]
Asmir Begovic on 08:28 - Jul 12 with 7106 viewsDannyPaddox

Asmir Begovic on 08:06 - Jul 12 by colinallcars

He won't sign - the club has ruled it out Asmir speculation.

We’re down to the pauper’s options, Begovic deal or borrow.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 8:31]
Asmir Begovic on 08:47 - Jul 12 with 6963 viewsNorthernr

I mean why not just go the whole way and bring back John Burridge?
Asmir Begovic on 08:54 - Jul 12 with 6893 viewsAntti_Heinola

It's a stop gap solution, but experienced keepers do well in this league overall. Was v impressed with Ruddy at Brum last year, and he's the same age.

Bare bones.

Asmir Begovic on 08:58 - Jul 12 with 6845 viewsjohnhoop

Asmir Begovic on 08:47 - Jul 12 by Northernr

I gather that David Seaman is without a club at the moment.
Asmir Begovic on 08:58 - Jul 12 with 6848 viewssparkey

Asmir Begovic on 07:57 - Jul 12 by HammersmithR

Absolutely ridiculous if true. If you get rid of someone you need to replace them with someone better. Why are we signing a 36 year old who has barely played in recent times? Such a joke. This transfer window is going from bad to worse. Another nail in our relegation coffin. Sad times for our club.

Really? Best we can get at the moment, free & an upgrade on Seny's current ability.

Clearly wants to play as well
Asmir Begovic on 09:01 - Jul 12 with 6829 viewsToast_R

How's Archer going to improve though if he ain't trusted to play in league matches?

He might might as well leave.
Asmir Begovic on 09:04 - Jul 12 with 6788 viewsdmm

Asmir Begovic on 09:01 - Jul 12 by Toast_R

How's Archer going to improve though if he ain't trusted to play in league matches?

Archer seems to be content to be a no 2, rarely play and take the wages. As for improving, I doubt if he could now.
Asmir Begovic on 09:05 - Jul 12 with 6783 viewsNorthernr

30 years old. A career number two goalkeeper, Brian Murphy-style, and frankly lucky to be that.
Asmir Begovic on 09:12 - Jul 12 with 6703 viewsTheChef

Also wonder the same about Joe Walsh, although he's still only 21 - anyone seen him play?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Asmir Begovic on 09:13 - Jul 12 with 6698 viewsstantheman10

Asmir Begovic on 08:47 - Jul 12 by Northernr

Who do you suggest we sign as keeper then?
Asmir Begovic on 09:15 - Jul 12 with 6664 viewsBlue_Castello

Asmir Begovic on 02:40 - Jul 12 by 08olesen

Encourage everyone to go and listen to his podcast with Ben Foster, he sounds like the exact sort of bloke we need, still hungry to play and a good guy to have around.

I recognise he doesn’t have a resale value but I think next season Is all about survival and I think his experience will be useful in the trenches.

Exactly I don't know why anybody should be complaining, we've lost a very good keeper for a good transfer fee and we are now picking up a quality keeper on a free transfer, ok so he's 36 but that means nothing as far as goalkeepers are concerned they get better with age like fine wine, supposedly.

Look we don't have a transfer budget and need somebody with experience to try and galvanise our ramshackle defence, on a short term deal whilst we plan for the future it works, it's all about survival this year and we need the right men in the trenches not some wet behind the ears he's a great prospect will be good in the future.
Asmir Begovic on 09:16 - Jul 12 with 6656 viewsNorthernr

Asmir Begovic on 09:13 - Jul 12 by stantheman10

Who do you suggest we sign as keeper then?

It was a joke mate. We were inevitably going to do something like this - as much as you can get for Dieng, replace him with a short term cheap option for one year, hope we stay up, then look to buy something better next summer. It's still fcking depressing though, no?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024