Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See 17:00 - Aug 19 with 10927 viewsDylanP

I was pretty low coming into the season. Losing Seny and without any marquee signings, I just couldn't see where the goods were going to come from. But there have been plenty of things to delight in already.

1. Armstrong has looked magnificant. He was already a fan favourite last season for his speed and energy. This season, he has really grown and stepped up.

2. Paul Smyth -- he has looked great as a winger. There is so much fight and purpose in his play this time round.

3. Begovitch has looked more than capable of filling Seny's gloves. His distribution isn't as good but he has great presence in the box and is a good shot stopper.

Add to that Fox and Cook, who both look like good players.

I am beginning to believe. What d'ya think?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 11:21 - Aug 20 with 1652 viewsRangersw12

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 19:09 - Aug 19 by Logman

Disappointed with the negtativity in this thread. GA has got very little to work with. He is having to try to mould a Championship team from a bunch of players that other Championship teams didn't want and a bunch of kids. Yes, we have lost two games this week but by the narrowest of margins and both games could easily have gone the other way. He and the players are doing well.

Regarding fitness, what do people expect ? He is asking the team to chase everything down and for 70% of the time they are chasing the ball. What do people expect ? Of course they are going to look tired if they are running twice as far as the other team, chasing the ball for 60 minutes.

People need to realise that we do not have the players to hold onto the ball throughout the team. We have two players with the ability to do that. All the other players - its either not in their DNA, or they are learning their trade. That is the way it is going to be while we are recruiting players who are not off the top shelf and bringing inexperienced young players through.

Bit of perspective needed. Watford aside, we have done OK and need to keep the faith.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 19:12]

I expect professional footballers to be able to last 90 mins there is no excuse for it and just another example of the poor standards at the football club
2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 12:31 - Aug 20 with 1540 viewsR_from_afar

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 17:39 - Aug 19 by Wegerles_Stairs

It's incredible how the board have got away with it, with many people still grateful for them being here.

You can be grateful for them being here but still want them to to do much better. That's where I am.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 13:19 - Aug 20 with 1483 viewsdenhamhoop2

Thought there wasn't much in it between the 2 teams the problem is there is a massive drop off when 2 or 3 of the starting line up go off. Armstrong unlucky with his shot that hit both posts and Kakay should score at least there looked a plan and shape to our play. The first half at Watford I had visions of us being the first side in football history to lose every game in a season In essence we have a side that can be competitive in games with our best line up but any injuries and suspensions will see us with players just not up to this level of football
2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 14:23 - Aug 20 with 1372 viewsWegerles_Stairs

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 23:53 - Aug 19 by CiderwithRsie

Your and my Rangers are about the same.

We can all tell stories of Rodney or Stan or Clive Allen or Simon Stainrod or Les Ferdinand or whoever it was when we were kids. But this thread isn't titled "It's all great, Sinclair Armstrong is God", it's just suggesting that things might - just might - not be as bad as we thought, that maybe a few of this squad of kids, oddballs and pension-dodgers might have a bit of that affinity and pride. We'll see about the swagger.

Or maybe not, we'll have to see, but these things don't happen because we all shout WannaWannaWanna, they're down to hard work over years.

On the owners, I hold no brief for the current lot, but why do this lot and Paladini get the blame with no mention of the intervening Tango and Cash, the billionaires who made no significant investment in players or facilities but were happy to screw Fernandes for every penny after a promotion achieved in the teeth of their incompetence? Or how about Paladini's predecessors, who may have been well-intentioned, but who put the club in hock to a bunch of crooks in Panama? Or "lifelong fan" Chris Wright, our sugar daddy who was going to throw money at the club, yet funnily enough QPR ended up insolvent while he walked away with some nice property in Harrow? Or even Richard Thompson, who we don't think is so bad now, but who presided over QPR slipping out of the Premier League at the precise moment that the likes of Matthew Harding and Roman Abramovich were recognising that top-flight football was changing from a money pit into a licence to print the stuff.

There's been just one - count him, one - great QPR owner, and kids I am here to tell you that reliable witnesses reckoned that anyone who bought one of Jim Gregory's used cars counted themselves lucky of they still had the fillings in their teeth next morning. (Probably why he was a great Chairman.) Football club owners are the scum of the earth, get used to it and don't go thinking that getting a new lot in will help much.

Flavio got us promoted as champions. We can debate his merits and demerits but that's what happened. The current board have taken us from that to a club whose ambition is avoiding relegation to League 1 and whose social media actively celebrates losing at home to a newly promoted club.

I'm not disputing the positives (some promising youngsters) but I'm fed up with the low expectations, which absolutely contribute to things like a lack of fitness. Be nice to see some professionalism and for the club to stop tweeting half-baked motivational nonsense. We lost at home to Ipswich, not the Brazil 1970 team.
2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 14:33 - Aug 20 with 1354 viewsNov77

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 23:53 - Aug 19 by CiderwithRsie

Your and my Rangers are about the same.

We can all tell stories of Rodney or Stan or Clive Allen or Simon Stainrod or Les Ferdinand or whoever it was when we were kids. But this thread isn't titled "It's all great, Sinclair Armstrong is God", it's just suggesting that things might - just might - not be as bad as we thought, that maybe a few of this squad of kids, oddballs and pension-dodgers might have a bit of that affinity and pride. We'll see about the swagger.

Or maybe not, we'll have to see, but these things don't happen because we all shout WannaWannaWanna, they're down to hard work over years.

On the owners, I hold no brief for the current lot, but why do this lot and Paladini get the blame with no mention of the intervening Tango and Cash, the billionaires who made no significant investment in players or facilities but were happy to screw Fernandes for every penny after a promotion achieved in the teeth of their incompetence? Or how about Paladini's predecessors, who may have been well-intentioned, but who put the club in hock to a bunch of crooks in Panama? Or "lifelong fan" Chris Wright, our sugar daddy who was going to throw money at the club, yet funnily enough QPR ended up insolvent while he walked away with some nice property in Harrow? Or even Richard Thompson, who we don't think is so bad now, but who presided over QPR slipping out of the Premier League at the precise moment that the likes of Matthew Harding and Roman Abramovich were recognising that top-flight football was changing from a money pit into a licence to print the stuff.

There's been just one - count him, one - great QPR owner, and kids I am here to tell you that reliable witnesses reckoned that anyone who bought one of Jim Gregory's used cars counted themselves lucky of they still had the fillings in their teeth next morning. (Probably why he was a great Chairman.) Football club owners are the scum of the earth, get used to it and don't go thinking that getting a new lot in will help much.

“after a promotion achieved in the teeth of their incompetence?“

Might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever read on this forum and that’s saying something.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 15:16 - Aug 20 with 1264 viewsfrancisbowles

Smyth might have been further up the pitch but he was still playing as a wing back.

I think yesterday's performance, is something we have to build on.

We have to give the new performance director time to change things on the fitness front, whilst also baring in mind, some like Cook, Colback, Smyth and Armstrong either haven't played much, haven't had a proper pre season or both. It isn't going to suddenly change, it will be gradual.

Similarly, we can't expect the new training facilities to pay huge dividends overnight. There are a few young ones making appearances and that is a step forward.

There has been much wrong with the club and the lack of available FFP headroom is stifling us, at present. We have to get through this season and then see what is left in the budget going forward.
2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 18:14 - Aug 20 with 1149 viewsCiderwithRsie

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 14:23 - Aug 20 by Wegerles_Stairs

Flavio got us promoted as champions. We can debate his merits and demerits but that's what happened. The current board have taken us from that to a club whose ambition is avoiding relegation to League 1 and whose social media actively celebrates losing at home to a newly promoted club.

I'm not disputing the positives (some promising youngsters) but I'm fed up with the low expectations, which absolutely contribute to things like a lack of fitness. Be nice to see some professionalism and for the club to stop tweeting half-baked motivational nonsense. We lost at home to Ipswich, not the Brazil 1970 team.

Flavio got us promoted as champions. We can debate his merits and demerits but that's what happened.

That's not a fact.

Amit Bhatia was Chairman when we got promoted in 2010-11 and Ishan Saksena was Chief Executive, the latter taking over as CEO in November 2009. For what it's worth, the current Board that you despise has the same Chairman. (I don't think it is worth much.)

Briatore sold his shareholding in December 2010 but had not been running the club since he was essentially warned off by the Football league (due to match-fixing allegations relating to F1) in late 2009. At that point the manager of the club was Paul Hart. We were 20th in the League.

We achieved promotion after Bhatia (more likely Isakshena) imposed Warnock as manager and Lakshmi Mittal made damned sure that neither Ecclestone not Briatore came near the club.

I'll repeat again for the hard of thinking (or those with short memories): promotion was achieved in the face of the incompetence of Briatore and Ecclestone; they just took the profit for the work of Warnock, Sakshena, Mittal and the players. The first two would not have been at the club if Briatore had stayed in charge.

EDIT originally this post started off with a dig at Wegerle'sStairs, which was unnecessary and for which I apologise. At the end of the day, he's another R who I happen to disagree with about loads but is passionate about this club.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 20:44]
2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 18:23 - Aug 20 with 1129 viewsDavieQPR

Still worries me the lack of goals. The only thing that counts when it's close is an Atom Bomb. Chair, Willock and CBs have dropped off considerably in this aspect and Dykes was never there.
Login to get fewer ads

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 18:23 - Aug 20 with 1127 viewsLblock

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 18:14 - Aug 20 by CiderwithRsie

Flavio got us promoted as champions. We can debate his merits and demerits but that's what happened.

That's not a fact.

Amit Bhatia was Chairman when we got promoted in 2010-11 and Ishan Saksena was Chief Executive, the latter taking over as CEO in November 2009. For what it's worth, the current Board that you despise has the same Chairman. (I don't think it is worth much.)

Briatore sold his shareholding in December 2010 but had not been running the club since he was essentially warned off by the Football league (due to match-fixing allegations relating to F1) in late 2009. At that point the manager of the club was Paul Hart. We were 20th in the League.

We achieved promotion after Bhatia (more likely Isakshena) imposed Warnock as manager and Lakshmi Mittal made damned sure that neither Ecclestone not Briatore came near the club.

I'll repeat again for the hard of thinking (or those with short memories): promotion was achieved in the face of the incompetence of Briatore and Ecclestone; they just took the profit for the work of Warnock, Sakshena, Mittal and the players. The first two would not have been at the club if Briatore had stayed in charge.

EDIT originally this post started off with a dig at Wegerle'sStairs, which was unnecessary and for which I apologise. At the end of the day, he's another R who I happen to disagree with about loads but is passionate about this club.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 20:44]

This is the truth of the matter but those poisonous fcukrs were still paying the bills.

Ishan and Amit were the future but those poisonous c-units pulled the rug from under them that summer

GUTTED

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 19:01 - Aug 20 with 1090 viewsdaveB

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 14:23 - Aug 20 by Wegerles_Stairs

You can't credit Flavio for that, we were heading to Leaguer one and he then resigned as chairman and stepped away. He only came back in the promotion year and wanted to sack warnock after we lost a game, bloke was a complete moron
2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 19:21 - Aug 20 with 1038 viewsCiderwithRsie

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 18:23 - Aug 20 by Lblock

This is the truth of the matter but those poisonous fcukrs were still paying the bills.

Ishan and Amit were the future but those poisonous c-units pulled the rug from under them that summer

GUTTED

That is also true.
2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 15:34 - Sep 2 with 785 viewsDylanP

To clarify, when I say I am beginning to believe, I am under no illusion that we will be tearing up the league. Perhaps I should of said, I am beginning to believe that this won't be as utterly humiliating season as I feared it would be. Before the season I almost didn't re-sign QPR+ because i figured every week would just piss me off. Its not like I love losing week in week out (except that one). But we have players that look competent and look engaged. I enjoy Smyth's play, Armstrong's speed, Kolback audacity, Chair's skill, Fox/Cook's competence and experience. I even think Kakay and Dozel are looking better this year than last. We are attacking and positive. I do wish Armstrong would score a few more. But it is looking better than I thought it would

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 15:52 - Sep 2 with 763 viewsDylanP

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 19:01 - Aug 20 by daveB

You can't credit Flavio for that, we were heading to Leaguer one and he then resigned as chairman and stepped away. He only came back in the promotion year and wanted to sack warnock after we lost a game, bloke was a complete moron

And yet we got promoted back to the Prem. The only thing that matters in football is results. Those were awful days and I hated alot about those days (overpaid mercenary couldn't-care-less players, for example) but the fact we got back to the Premiership is there for all to see.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024