Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 96th Minute. 18:29 - Sep 3 with 4577 viewsted_hendrix

Rice has just scored against manure in the 96th minute.

96th minute.

What goes round etcetera

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The 96th Minute. on 18:30 - Sep 3 with 3581 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ha Ha!!!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The 96th Minute. on 18:31 - Sep 3 with 3569 viewsRangersw12

Even better they thought they had won it 5 mins earlier 😂
The 96th Minute. on 18:39 - Sep 3 with 3509 viewsflynnbo

Very unhappy about this. I had a 2-1 home win!!

Fergie time, you’re ‘avin a laugh!
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 18:41]
The 96th Minute. on 18:40 - Sep 3 with 3497 viewsted_hendrix

I went a bit silly there I haven't got Sky or anything like that I just checked the live scores on the old laptop thingy and sort of burst out laughing.

I was literally crestfallen that afternoon walking out of LR, I've never forgotten that day, the bastards.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The 96th Minute. on 19:17 - Sep 3 with 3325 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The 96th Minute. on 18:31 - Sep 3 by Rangersw12

Even better they thought they had won it 5 mins earlier 😂

That was a shocking VAR reversal IMO it looked like he was onside for sure and finished superbly .
The minute I saw Johnny Evans running on for Utd to join Harry you knew that speed and skill of Arsenal would destroy that rearguard .
I think Johnny deflected that Rice winner but did not see it yet .
Jesus has so much skill even for his age what a run and pullback / finish.
The 96th Minute. on 19:21 - Sep 3 with 3297 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The 96th Minute. on 18:40 - Sep 3 by ted_hendrix

I went a bit silly there I haven't got Sky or anything like that I just checked the live scores on the old laptop thingy and sort of burst out laughing.

I was literally crestfallen that afternoon walking out of LR, I've never forgotten that day, the bastards.

I'll never forget it, Ted.

It was the first time I knew, really, really knew that the game was rigged against us, and that we'd never get what we deserve. My Dad had been right all along.

And, judging by the anger all around me, I wasn't the only one.

I've never had any respect for Ferguson or Man U since. Cheating bastards.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The 96th Minute. on 19:49 - Sep 3 with 3199 viewsterryb

The 96th Minute. on 19:17 - Sep 3 by CLAREMAN1995

That was a shocking VAR reversal IMO it looked like he was onside for sure and finished superbly .
The minute I saw Johnny Evans running on for Utd to join Harry you knew that speed and skill of Arsenal would destroy that rearguard .
I think Johnny deflected that Rice winner but did not see it yet .
Jesus has so much skill even for his age what a run and pullback / finish.

It was hardly shocking when the technology determined that he WAS offside!

It is of a higher standard than anybodies eyesight.
The 96th Minute. on 21:14 - Sep 3 with 2998 viewsManinBlack

The 96th Minute. on 19:49 - Sep 3 by terryb

It was hardly shocking when the technology determined that he WAS offside!

It is of a higher standard than anybodies eyesight.

In my view this crap is spoiling the game. As a neutral I want to see goals and two rancid VAR decisions chalked off two goals today at Ibrox and the Emirates that most of us would accept as goals. It wasn't long ago that being level was considered onside but now VAR is giving offside by the width of fingernails.

They should determine offside by where the feet are as it is the anatomy to play football with so if the forwards foot is half a yard ahead of the defence then that is offside.

Yesterday VAR allowed Man City's second goal despite a player being offside and attempting to play the ball in the Fulham keepers eyeline. Looked more offside than United's disallowed effort today.

And as for awarding penalties for accidental handball when a player kicks the ball at you from a yard then the game is turning into a big joke. They seem to be using it for most things now and checking every goal scored which wasn't the intention when it started.

One problem with VAR is it is down to the opinion of an invisible ref sitting in a room a lot of the time, like the foul by the United keeper taking out the Wolves player, was deemed no foul. It seems the refs are leaving decisions to VAR and then not being tough enough to stick by their decision when called to look at the screen. Not that I am a fan of Rangers or United but I can see us being on the wrong end of VAR frequently should we ever return to the Premiership.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 21:15]
Login to get fewer ads

The 96th Minute. on 21:20 - Sep 3 with 2961 viewsBoston

Driving through town earlier listening to the Palace Wolves match. I'd swear I heard a W@nk Key Chain scored for Wolverhampton!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The 96th Minute. on 21:58 - Sep 3 with 2873 viewsAntti_Heinola

The 96th Minute. on 21:14 - Sep 3 by ManinBlack

In my view this crap is spoiling the game. As a neutral I want to see goals and two rancid VAR decisions chalked off two goals today at Ibrox and the Emirates that most of us would accept as goals. It wasn't long ago that being level was considered onside but now VAR is giving offside by the width of fingernails.

They should determine offside by where the feet are as it is the anatomy to play football with so if the forwards foot is half a yard ahead of the defence then that is offside.

Yesterday VAR allowed Man City's second goal despite a player being offside and attempting to play the ball in the Fulham keepers eyeline. Looked more offside than United's disallowed effort today.

And as for awarding penalties for accidental handball when a player kicks the ball at you from a yard then the game is turning into a big joke. They seem to be using it for most things now and checking every goal scored which wasn't the intention when it started.

One problem with VAR is it is down to the opinion of an invisible ref sitting in a room a lot of the time, like the foul by the United keeper taking out the Wolves player, was deemed no foul. It seems the refs are leaving decisions to VAR and then not being tough enough to stick by their decision when called to look at the screen. Not that I am a fan of Rangers or United but I can see us being on the wrong end of VAR frequently should we ever return to the Premiership.

VAR is killing football. Simple as that.

Bare bones.

The 96th Minute. on 22:33 - Sep 3 with 2709 viewsSK_hoops

The 96th Minute. on 18:40 - Sep 3 by ted_hendrix

I was 8 or 9 years old and remember it vividly. Disgrace.
The 96th Minute. on 23:36 - Sep 3 with 2588 viewsStanisgod

The 96th Minute. on 21:58 - Sep 3 by Antti_Heinola

And this 98 or 100 minute b#llox is finishing it.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The 96th Minute. on 06:46 - Sep 4 with 2414 viewsQPROslo

The 96th Minute. on 23:36 - Sep 3 by Stanisgod

And this 98 or 100 minute b#llox is finishing it.

Don't know anything is "killing" or "finishing" football, but something needed doing with all the time-wasting in the Championship and probably at higher levels. So I have no major problem with playing more added time to cover wasted time. The one aspect I don't like about it is that it as ever favours the richer Clubs and those without FFP concerns who can afford larger squads and better standard players to play all these extra minutes. I might not be so happy if I had a train to catch!
The 96th Minute. on 07:21 - Sep 4 with 2361 viewsnumptydumpty

Agree completely

The Man Utd players were not sure after briefly celebrating.

The come down for the fans also.

And yes if your left fingernail is offside or some guy blasted ball at you from ten inches, the way its being used is very very wrong

Am sure it will continue but the way its used, needs to change.

Perhaps only used if on field referee deems it necessary and some leeway ie half a leg offside and penalties not referred for balls blasted at hands from point blank range.

Glad it's not in our league but guess that may only be matter of time. Hope not.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

The 96th Minute. on 08:35 - Sep 4 with 2268 viewstraininvain

Money is destroying football. FFP loosely applied, premiership clubs owned by nation states, Saudi Arabia throwing ridiculous sums of money around with clear conflicts of interest as they own Newcastle and have a stake in Chelsea.

I’d say VAR is pretty low down the pecking order in terms of the things that are killing football. It’s frustrating at times but far bigger issues in the football world right now.
The 96th Minute. on 10:48 - Sep 4 with 2144 viewsCamberleyR

The 96th Minute. on 19:21 - Sep 3 by BrianMcCarthy

I'll never forget it, Ted.

It was the first time I knew, really, really knew that the game was rigged against us, and that we'd never get what we deserve. My Dad had been right all along.

And, judging by the anger all around me, I wasn't the only one.

I've never had any respect for Ferguson or Man U since. Cheating bastards.

I've always thought that day if we'd picked up the three points our performance so deserved, we'd have stayed up instead of either Coventry or Southampton. The lift that win would have given the team for the run in would have been enormous.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The 96th Minute. on 11:08 - Sep 4 with 2093 viewsJuzzie

The 96th Minute. on 10:48 - Sep 4 by CamberleyR

I've always thought that day if we'd picked up the three points our performance so deserved, we'd have stayed up instead of either Coventry or Southampton. The lift that win would have given the team for the run in would have been enormous.

I think the damage was already done.

In the remaining 7 games we won 3 drew 1 and lost 3. Not a bad return for a team fighting relegation.

Between 26th December and February 11th we also played 7 games in that time and lost all 7. That I feel is what cost us. They were not easy fixtures but just one win in those 7 meant the two extra points v Utd would have kept us up on goal difference.

Had we won one of those 7 and still drawn 1-1 v Utd I think there would have been a lot more reason to investigate especially as the extra point Utd got made no difference whatsoever to them winning the title.

IIRC, the ref said he added all that time on because our goalie was time wasting. Others may be able to validate this but if that's the case, the ref has to speak to the goalie and if it carries on then the goalie gets a yellow card.

Whether Juergen Sommer was time wasting or not I cannot remember but I think he has since said that the ref never said anything to him.

Still absolutely gut wrenching on the day and clearly a case of playing as long as possible to get Utd the goal they didn't need.
The 96th Minute. on 11:17 - Sep 4 with 2078 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The 96th Minute. on 21:14 - Sep 3 by ManinBlack

100% all of this.
The 96th Minute. on 11:34 - Sep 4 with 2024 viewsJuzzie

The 96th Minute. on 11:17 - Sep 4 by CroydonCaptJack

100% all of this.

Same.

I thought the LOTG were there to encourage goals (i.e. the whole purpose of football) but it feels to me they're looking at every opportunity not to give goals (unless it's Man City).

Is not giving a goal that could be incorrect and effects the outcome of the game better than giving an incorrect goal that effects the outcome of the game?
The 96th Minute. on 11:41 - Sep 4 with 1995 viewsCamberleyR

The 96th Minute. on 11:08 - Sep 4 by Juzzie

I think the damage was already done.

In the remaining 7 games we won 3 drew 1 and lost 3. Not a bad return for a team fighting relegation.

Between 26th December and February 11th we also played 7 games in that time and lost all 7. That I feel is what cost us. They were not easy fixtures but just one win in those 7 meant the two extra points v Utd would have kept us up on goal difference.

Had we won one of those 7 and still drawn 1-1 v Utd I think there would have been a lot more reason to investigate especially as the extra point Utd got made no difference whatsoever to them winning the title.

IIRC, the ref said he added all that time on because our goalie was time wasting. Others may be able to validate this but if that's the case, the ref has to speak to the goalie and if it carries on then the goalie gets a yellow card.

Whether Juergen Sommer was time wasting or not I cannot remember but I think he has since said that the ref never said anything to him.

Still absolutely gut wrenching on the day and clearly a case of playing as long as possible to get Utd the goal they didn't need.

Some truth there that that seven games losing streak straight after Christmas cost us. I look back on the ch*ls** home game and the away game at Wimbledon in that run as being games where we could and should have collected at least four points..

But I still feel that had we got the three points against Man U we'd have beaten Coventry in that six pointer and it would have gone to the final game and we'd have stayed up by a point or two with Coventry not being able to perform their annual Houdini act.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2023 11:50]

The 96th Minute. on 11:55 - Sep 4 with 1955 viewsHoopsie

Porto drew 1-1 at home to Arouca, scoring a 109th minute goal.

17 minutes of injury time to the second half. A bit excessive? (Note the goal was scored 19 minutes into injury time)

And the game was full of VAR checks for goals, penalty decisions, given and ruled off.

Now you need to be fit to play more than 90 minutes, that’s no joke

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

The 96th Minute. on 12:00 - Sep 4 with 1944 viewsEsox_Lucius

The 96th Minute. on 11:55 - Sep 4 by Hoopsie

Porto drew 1-1 at home to Arouca, scoring a 109th minute goal.

17 minutes of injury time to the second half. A bit excessive? (Note the goal was scored 19 minutes into injury time)

And the game was full of VAR checks for goals, penalty decisions, given and ruled off.

Now you need to be fit to play more than 90 minutes, that’s no joke

No, you only need to be fit enough to play minutes. The extra minutes are from the ball not being in play. If anything, it could be argued that the time added on means they are getting more "breathers" during the game.
from a fans point of view; you pay, say £30, to watch 90 mins and they only actually play 60 minutes, you aren't entitled to a 33% rebate are you?

The grass is always greener.

The 96th Minute. on 12:03 - Sep 4 with 1935 viewsJuzzie

The 96th Minute. on 11:41 - Sep 4 by CamberleyR

Some truth there that that seven games losing streak straight after Christmas cost us. I look back on the ch*ls** home game and the away game at Wimbledon in that run as being games where we could and should have collected at least four points..

But I still feel that had we got the three points against Man U we'd have beaten Coventry in that six pointer and it would have gone to the final game and we'd have stayed up by a point or two with Coventry not being able to perform their annual Houdini act.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2023 11:50]

That Man Utd results still rankles to this day but relegations (and promotions) are not about one game.

People, rightly, talk about that game at Norwich that cost us the title in '76 but, for example, over Christmas we drew 1-1 at home to Villa (who finished 16th out of 22). Had we won that we'd likely have been League Champions.

I say likely as it was so tight I'm not sure what the rules were back then on goal difference (we'd have had the same as Liverpool had we beat Villa by one goal) or goals scored (QPR would be 68, Liverpool were 66).

I'm sure the League would have found some way to fk us over though..... alphabetical order or something like that.
The 96th Minute. on 12:06 - Sep 4 with 1902 viewseasthertsr

For all those that hate VAR a few words. Charlie Austen. Sunderland. League Cup. It can be a pain, but for years I've moaned at refs decisions, with VAR many more correct ones are made. If a computer can decide if a player is off, I'd trust that a lot more than Mr Stroud. It does take too long, but hopefully they can work on that.
The 96th Minute. on 12:24 - Sep 4 with 1843 viewsCamberleyR

The 96th Minute. on 12:03 - Sep 4 by Juzzie

That Man Utd results still rankles to this day but relegations (and promotions) are not about one game.

People, rightly, talk about that game at Norwich that cost us the title in '76 but, for example, over Christmas we drew 1-1 at home to Villa (who finished 16th out of 22). Had we won that we'd likely have been League Champions.

I say likely as it was so tight I'm not sure what the rules were back then on goal difference (we'd have had the same as Liverpool had we beat Villa by one goal) or goals scored (QPR would be 68, Liverpool were 66).

I'm sure the League would have found some way to fk us over though..... alphabetical order or something like that.

It was actually still goal average then (goals scored divided by conceded), I think goal difference came in for the 76/77 season.
Liverpool finished with 66 goals for and 31 against for a GA of 2.129. Ours was 67 for, 33 against for a GA of 2.030

Goal average was weighted unfairly to teams that conceded fewer but also didn't score as many, which was ultimately why it was scrapped as it was thought goal difference would encourage more attacking football and goals.

Had we even managed to equalise at Carrow Road, our goal average would still have been worse than Liverpool and we'd have still have lost the league on GA. Although under GA's bizarre workings, had we drawn 0-0 at CR we'd have been champions on GA.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2023 12:29]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024