Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The opinion you got totally wrong. 18:17 - Oct 25 with 8101 viewsWestonsuperR

Following on from my question of who wanted Ainsworth, no one has admitted it. What QPR opinion or view did you have that has been the most incorrect? Happy to start, I thought Caulker was a brilliant signing and a clear indication we would stay in the Premier League long-term.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 22:42 - Oct 25 with 1688 viewsdaveB

I thought finishing 5th in the premier League was an under achievement, part of me still thinks that

I thought that summer after the playoff win we had put together a really good squad and would comfortably stay up, Mutch, Isla, Ferdinand, Fer, it all looked so good on paper

Also thought Richard Pacquette was going to be a superstar for us
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 22:46 - Oct 25 with 1676 viewscaptainmycaptian

I bought the Beal shite.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 23:49 - Oct 25 with 1631 viewsBrianMcCarthy

When they announced Old Oak, I was very excited.

My mate replied witheringly "Never going to happen, B. Never going to happen."

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 23:54 - Oct 25 with 1618 viewsSydneyRs

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 20:22 - Oct 25 by Northernr

Similar vibe from me towards Junior Hoilett.

Same here, before it started to dawn on me that all I'd seen of him before he joined was basically a youtube style clip of the best moments of his career that eliminated the rest.

I thought Redknapp would not only keep us up but would turn us into a top half team. Also was not happy with the signings of Ray Wilkins and Trevor Francis due to them being too old and past it.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 23:56]
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 00:07 - Oct 26 with 1591 viewsjohnhoop

I clearly remember looking at the pitch on the day of the first game of the season in 2012 and seeing all these “amazing” new players that Mark Hughes and Kia Joorabchian had delivered to us. People like Green, Park, Hoilett, Cisse, Fabio etc, with Johnson and Zamora on the bench. Me and my brother commenting to each other about how times were changing for the better at Loftus Road.
A couple of hours later Swansea had handed us our rses 5-0 with a player we’d never heard of called Michu running the game and it’s been downhill virtually ever since.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 0:27]
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 00:48 - Oct 26 with 1529 viewsLazyFan

I wanted Wildthing as I thought he would be the next Holloway, which we need right now.

Unfortunately, he has inherited players who think they are better than they are, rather than a team of players desperate to play.

zzzzzzzzzz

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 01:19 - Oct 26 with 1507 viewsaston_hoop

I thought Eze initially was one for the Scott Donnelly, Wes Daly, Angelo Balanta, Dennis Oli pile. Not because of anything I'd seen of him, just because we are QPR and thats what happens.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 01:21 - Oct 26 with 1503 viewsVancouverHoop

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 20:22 - Oct 25 by Northernr

Similar vibe from me towards Junior Hoilett.

Currently playing in this burg for the Whitecaps. Brought in mainly as a sub for the play-offs I think.
Login to get fewer ads

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 05:45 - Oct 26 with 1416 viewsSharpediver

In 1998 I sagely informed my wife that "Tony Scully is the future of QPR." She loves to remind me of this. But, given our general downwards trajectory (certainly compared to the previous quarter of a century) and the literally dozens of awful players (many listed on this thread) that we've 'invested' in during this period, perhaps I was in some ways correct? 😉
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 06:14 - Oct 26 with 1403 viewsDeanoMD

I wanted Ainsworth, i was very happy when he finally got the job last year.

I really thought we were onto something, his motivation, his desire coupled with the mercurial tactician Dobbo who we were told complied files on every opposition, every player, they told us he was the mastermind and these two would save day.

I loved it and lapped it up.

All we've actually got though is kind of our own footballing style Brexit, nothing they said was true and they can't / won't admit how wrong they were and that they have well and truly farked this up, even more so than it already was.

That's some achievement.

I also believed many years ago that Ned Zelic was the second coming of Glenn Roeder.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 06:53 - Oct 26 with 1378 viewsDesertBoot

I thought Leroy Fer would be our “Steven Gerrard”.

Wish I could be like David Watts

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 09:02 - Oct 26 with 1310 viewsEsox_Lucius

I was convinced Eduardo Vargas was going to be our striker that took over the Clive Allen mantle and we would enter another golden period at the club.
Shame someone thought he was a winger.

The grass is always greener.

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 09:19 - Oct 26 with 1292 viewsTheChef

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 18:46 - Oct 25 by JamesB1979

I thought when we signed Diakite permanently we had the new Patrick Viera.
I was amazed and delighted that a player like Park Ji Sung joined us. I thought with those 2, we were going to finish top half.

When we stayed up post the City match, I was convinced Diakite and Faurlin would be our brilliant CM axis in the Prem for years to come.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 09:28 - Oct 26 with 1286 viewsPeterHucker

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 06:14 - Oct 26 by DeanoMD

I wanted Ainsworth, i was very happy when he finally got the job last year.

I really thought we were onto something, his motivation, his desire coupled with the mercurial tactician Dobbo who we were told complied files on every opposition, every player, they told us he was the mastermind and these two would save day.

I loved it and lapped it up.

All we've actually got though is kind of our own footballing style Brexit, nothing they said was true and they can't / won't admit how wrong they were and that they have well and truly farked this up, even more so than it already was.

That's some achievement.

I also believed many years ago that Ned Zelic was the second coming of Glenn Roeder.

To be fair you could have been right about Zelic.
I remember him playing in a home match (midweek I think, he came on as a sub) and he looked like a talented player,
He was kind of in the Roeder mould and it wasn’t a lack of ability that stopped him being a success at QPR. He played at a very decent level in Germany / France either side of his spell with us.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 09:35 - Oct 26 with 1272 viewsPeterHucker

I used to watch Richard Langley being the best player in the youth team (often playing alongside players a year or two older than him)
Then when he broke into the first team I was convinced he was going to end up at a top club, playing in Champions League.
Turned out I was wrong but maybe without the injuries who knows what he might’ve achieved?

At the end of the season we got promoted under Warnock, I was really annoyed that Flávio / Bernie wouldn’t stump up the cash to sign Wayne Routledge.

But then we signed Shaun Wright-Phillips I thought what a coup, we’ve got an even better version of Routledge.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 09:46 - Oct 26 with 1244 viewsEastR

In Sept/Oct last year I told a Manu supporting colleague at work that given the way they had started the season and couldn’t find a right back they must have been mad to send Laird out on loan.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 09:52 - Oct 26 with 1238 viewsPhilmyRs

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 09:46 - Oct 26 by EastR

In Sept/Oct last year I told a Manu supporting colleague at work that given the way they had started the season and couldn’t find a right back they must have been mad to send Laird out on loan.

Ah Laird, another I was wrong about. Told my Manu supporting mate he was going to be a top player - similar impact to what Kyle Walker had. I was right about Walker, first time I saw him I knew he'd go to the top, looks like I was very wrong on Laird.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 09:55 - Oct 26 with 1231 viewsRangersDave

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 18:49 - Oct 25 by qpr_1968

i wanted ainsworth here like a lot of us, his first pre match chat was superb and most of us were sucked in by it.....but as we've all found out, he talks a good game.
he looked as if he was on something last night in the that post match report.

so i got that one wrong...
i know nothing about football tactics....only the rules...

oh, and i thought tony scully was god.....so thats another one.

When Gareth's name was mentioned, i'll be honest and 'sign the fession' , i thought, wow, a QPR guy, not doing bad at Wycombe, he'll do nicely, plus he can only learn and improve from his tactics at Wycombe, and help us 'push on'.

However, i'm sorry to say that Gareth's ability as a manager with an ability to adapt , chance, and grow, stopped when he left Wycombe.

it's all rather sad really.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 09:57 - Oct 26 with 1226 viewskernowhoop

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 09:28 - Oct 26 by PeterHucker

I remember him playing in a home match (midweek I think, he came on as a sub) and he looked like a talented player,
He was kind of in the Roeder mould and it wasn’t a lack of ability that stopped him being a success at QPR. He played at a very decent level in Germany / France either side of his spell with us.

I remember thinking that he was impressive when carrying the ball forward and that he looked cool and unflappable.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 11:35 - Oct 26 with 1162 viewsHoopsie

Won’t go so far into the past, let’s just start from last season

1. Thought Beale was right choice, talked a good game, but

2. Thought Critchley could be the one, highly touted, but

3. (Really) thought Ainsworth was it, knows the club, loves the club, but

4. Yet to materialise: think we are heading for league one - please let me be wrong too this one!

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 11:40 - Oct 26 with 1154 viewsHantsR

When Tango and Cash took over the club, together with Mittals, I thought I'd sit back and enjoy the ride. When the mike wouldn't work for Flavio on his initial address to the crowd, I knew we could expect some turbulence.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 12:23 - Oct 26 with 1114 viewsDeanoMD

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 09:28 - Oct 26 by PeterHucker

Yeah he did, I was at the game he made his debut, looked decent, very athletic, I was convinced we'd played a blinder signing him.

Think he played a couple of times more and that was it....Ned who we called him after that.

I'm sure we paid like nearly £2million for him or something.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 13:22 - Oct 26 with 1076 viewsTGRRRSSS

Many things I am sure

Probably also thinking Old Oak Common would happen, we were owned by a billionaire of course.

I honestly think I'd have done better than Beard at running that development thing though.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 15:19 - Oct 26 with 976 viewsPindarus

when I first started going to football in the 50s as a schoolboy I had a choice of supporting Brentford or Qpr because they were both a tuppenny bus fare (old money).
I chose QPR. It worked for the first 50 years.
The opinion you got totally wrong. on 15:36 - Oct 26 with 936 viewsParkRoyalR

The opinion you got totally wrong. on 15:19 - Oct 26 by Pindarus

when I first started going to football in the 50s as a schoolboy I had a choice of supporting Brentford or Qpr because they were both a tuppenny bus fare (old money).
I chose QPR. It worked for the first 50 years.

If you had the misfortune of seeing that football 'comedy' show hosted by Ian Stone at Brentford the other night, you should be counting your blessings for every one of those 50 years down the Rangers.

What a very odd bunch they are out west.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024