Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No shots on target at home. 19:12 - Nov 11 with 7297 viewsBobbi66

Help
No shots on target at home. on 19:18 - Nov 11 with 6281 viewsHAYESBOY

Dykes effort that was blocked does not count? Might be clutching at straws.

Smells like a trout farm in here

No shots on target at home. on 19:19 - Nov 11 with 6272 viewsTonto

Lets get Ainsworth back then...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

No shots on target at home. on 19:29 - Nov 11 with 6193 viewsNorthLondonR

It doesn't matter anymore as XG has replaced shots on target..... sick fam!
[Post edited 11 Nov 2023 19:30]
No shots on target at home. on 19:48 - Nov 11 with 6112 viewssixnil

Serious problem, what's the answer?
1. Play with no target man, pack the midfield
2. False nine?
2. Willock as Striker
Whats the other options?
No shots on target at home. on 20:00 - Nov 11 with 6023 viewsconnell10

No shots on target at home. on 19:19 - Nov 11 by Tonto

Lets get Ainsworth back then...

You could have Sir Alex in charge , if the team ain't got any goals in it even sir Alex would struggle.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

No shots on target at home. on 20:59 - Nov 11 with 5824 viewsManinBlack

Millwall fans on my train this evening reckon Sheffield Wednesday are the worst team they have played for many years. I can't help feel that when we play Sheffield we will make them look competitive. If we keep on not scoring at the Loft end, not getting shots on target or not winning at home then we will drop points against them too. It is critical to our survival that we find someone effective in the final third as any improved general play will be wasted if we cannot get more than one goal every time we play.
No shots on target at home. on 22:08 - Nov 11 with 5549 viewsBoston

No shots on target at home. on 19:18 - Nov 11 by HAYESBOY

Not at all, bang on target. But if it hadn't been blocked it would have gone straight into the arms of their keeper.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

No shots on target at home. on 22:15 - Nov 11 with 5527 viewshoops_legend

No shots on target at home. on 22:08 - Nov 11 by Boston

Not at all, bang on target. But if it hadn't been blocked it would have gone straight into the arms of their keeper.

I think we are playing very well and I love to see more positive a
Passing football but what do I know
Login to get fewer ads

No shots on target at home. on 22:23 - Nov 11 with 5484 viewsRsinWales

You've put your finger on the problem that will decide whether we stay or drop.

The only hope I see, as I said on another thread, is to see peak Chair and Willock contributing lots of goals, and creating enough that players like Dykes and Armstrong can't help but knock in a few themselves.

Much better football today, but Marti has a big job on his hands to sort out the final third.
No shots on target at home. on 23:25 - Nov 11 with 5292 viewsNorthantsHoop

No shots on target at home. on 22:23 - Nov 11 by RsinWales

You've put your finger on the problem that will decide whether we stay or drop.

The only hope I see, as I said on another thread, is to see peak Chair and Willock contributing lots of goals, and creating enough that players like Dykes and Armstrong can't help but knock in a few themselves.

Much better football today, but Marti has a big job on his hands to sort out the final third.

Yep much better today but unless we can start scoring goals it will all be sadly in vain.
No shots on target at home. on 23:45 - Nov 11 with 5242 viewsbosh67

We have no real strikers. Pep couldn't do anything about it. It's down to the finances of the club and a fairly amazing inability to actually identify any way of bringing in another or keeping Chris Martin, who was slow, slightly out of shape, but hugely professional and actually knew where the net was.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

No shots on target at home. on 02:04 - Nov 12 with 5097 viewsHoopsie

No shots on target at home. on 19:18 - Nov 11 by HAYESBOY

Apparently it is counted as a shot and classified as a “shot blocked” but not a “shot on target”

Shots on target are shots that travel towards the goal mouth unhindered. We got none of these. Bristol city got 2 shots on target but both saved by begovic. So we have 2 under shots saved

Interestingly possession is 50 - 50, but Bristol just edge us by 2 on total passes 507 v 505. Early days but proof again we have reverted to a possession style of football.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 3:22]

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

No shots on target at home. on 05:44 - Nov 12 with 4991 viewsMelakaRanger

No shots on target at home. on 23:25 - Nov 11 by NorthantsHoop

Yep much better today but unless we can start scoring goals it will all be sadly in vain.

Agreed. The lack of any finishing quality = lack of goals and it will be the lack of goals that will relegate us.

Above all else this needs to be fixed. Dykes isnt the answer, Armstrong isnt the answer.

The team as a whole needs to start to contribute and somehow in early January the owners must get someone in. Last year Chris Martins goals actually saved us from the drop.

Perhaps someone from Hammerby?
No shots on target at home. on 07:45 - Nov 12 with 4930 viewsLadbrokeR

No shots on target at home. on 19:48 - Nov 11 by sixnil

2. False nine?
2. Willock as Striker
Whats the other options?

I think Armstrong will be used as forward . His pace frightens defenders. I think Willock will play behind him. EBD will feature more in midfield.
No shots on target at home. on 08:42 - Nov 12 with 4760 viewsManinBlack

No shots on target at home. on 07:45 - Nov 12 by LadbrokeR

I think Armstrong will be used as forward . His pace frightens defenders. I think Willock will play behind him. EBD will feature more in midfield.

Armstrong's pace may frighten defenders but when they prepare to face us they will be consoled by the fact he doesn't score any goals to really hurt them. What really troubles defenders is facing a prolific goalscorer and facing us is one of their easiest games of the season.
No shots on target at home. on 08:45 - Nov 12 with 4729 viewsDorse

No shots on target at home. on 19:48 - Nov 11 by sixnil

2. False nine?
2. Willock as Striker
Whats the other options?

I always think 'False Nine' sounds like a striker wearing one of those Groucho Marx disguises.

In all honesty, I think we'll probably end up seeing a packed midfield with forwards coming from deep. Trouble is personnel: who've we got at the club who could fit the role? Kelman? Armstrong? Kolli? 'Cause it won't be Dykes, Lord love him.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

No shots on target at home. on 14:42 - Nov 12 with 4323 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

No shots on target at home. on 08:45 - Nov 12 by Dorse

I always think 'False Nine' sounds like a striker wearing one of those Groucho Marx disguises.

In all honesty, I think we'll probably end up seeing a packed midfield with forwards coming from deep. Trouble is personnel: who've we got at the club who could fit the role? Kelman? Armstrong? Kolli? 'Cause it won't be Dykes, Lord love him.

Reminds me of people exaggerating the size of their schmeckle.

‘He said it was 9 inches, but it was more like 3 and half. It was a false nine’
No shots on target at home. on 14:52 - Nov 12 with 4274 viewsstainrods_elbow

No shots on target at home. on 07:45 - Nov 12 by LadbrokeR

Frightens defenders for what exactly? He doesn't score, doesn't create, and doesn't even win nailed-on penalties. He might look frightening, but in footballing terms, he just isn't.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

No shots on target at home. on 19:47 - Nov 12 with 4055 viewsHastings_Hoops

Let’s be reasonable… Since marti took over, he’s either been without his starting midfielders which means Chair and Willock can’t push on as much as one would like; or without chair, which means we’re packing that Willock/chair combo… give him a couple of games with those two combining in his style of play… different story.
No shots on target at home. on 20:15 - Nov 12 with 3960 viewsHoopsie

No shots on target at home. on 14:52 - Nov 12 by stainrods_elbow

Frightens defenders for what exactly? He doesn't score, doesn't create, and doesn't even win nailed-on penalties. He might look frightening, but in footballing terms, he just isn't.

If it was Willock that goes down, I’m sure the ref wouldn’t hesitate to blow for a penalty

Armstrong has the appearance of a charging rhino, so how the hell he’s so “easily brought down”….

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

No shots on target at home. on 20:27 - Nov 12 with 3940 viewsWestonsuperR

No shots on target at home. on 14:52 - Nov 12 by stainrods_elbow

He has scored 1 goal in 32 matches, great attitude and superb athlete but never a footballer.
No shots on target at home. on 20:38 - Nov 12 with 3914 viewsngbqpr

Ok, I'm picking the one game out of the 32...but I think both his goal AND his assist at Cardiff show how he's best used. Hoping Marti can unpick the apparent Sinclair lock.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

No shots on target at home. on 20:42 - Nov 12 with 3892 viewsWestonsuperR

No shots on target at home. on 20:38 - Nov 12 by ngbqpr

Ok, I'm picking the one game out of the 32...but I think both his goal AND his assist at Cardiff show how he's best used. Hoping Marti can unpick the apparent Sinclair lock.

I hope Marti can as well but Sinclair has had more than enough time now, even on his non-league loans he showed very little, league 2 beckons.
No shots on target at home. on 20:47 - Nov 12 with 3882 viewsQPROslo

No shots on target at home. on 20:38 - Nov 12 by ngbqpr

And his great cut inside and shot that hit the inside of one post, rolled along the goal line, hit the other post and went out again. People saying he's not a footballer!
No shots on target at home. on 21:31 - Nov 12 with 3821 viewsbaz_qpr

I'd play Sinclair as a wide forward myself, with someone else central I can probably think of maybe a handful of real chances his missed in his career to date. Ancy Cole would miss that many a game.

Our problem at the moment is creating not taking. It will come, he scores for fun in the development he probably needs a loan for his own development but we dont have the depth to give it to him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024