Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Set pieces. 11:40 - Nov 12 with 1595 viewsconnell10

There has to be a big improvement on these . We need to be getting goals from corners etc.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Set pieces. on 12:15 - Nov 12 with 1507 viewssupahoopsa

Can we at least try and deliver the ball in front of the goal!

Yesterday,we either hit the first man or over-hit it past the far post.

It can't be difficult for a professional foootballer to deliver a decent corner, my son was doing that at 14!

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Set pieces. on 12:46 - Nov 12 with 1432 viewsWatford_Ranger

It’s criminal that professional footballer can’t take a corner that just goes somewhere vaguely into the middle of the box. We aren’t expecting Beckham.
Set pieces. on 12:48 - Nov 12 with 1426 viewsbosh67

I actually think the balls in are better but our physical presence to meet them is weak.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Set pieces. on 13:29 - Nov 12 with 1347 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Set pieces. on 12:48 - Nov 12 by bosh67

I actually think the balls in are better but our physical presence to meet them is weak.

Good point and it might be time to look at how England set up with their varity of options at corners some of which are excellent .
Also I watched Man City the other day take 10 corners in a row all which resulted in superb crosses to the terminator who was a nightmare to handle and left so much room for the rest.
QPR have zero threat right now and combined with miserable deliveries we are impotent.
I believe the new boss is adressing this but with so much below average stuff to wade through it will come eventually.
There is no way he will accept a January transfer window without a couple of strikers going off his interviews so far .
2 points in a row seems so big for us but like he said he would rather win 5 -4 than draw zero zero .Got to love that man
Set pieces. on 13:58 - Nov 12 with 1278 viewsconnell10

Set pieces. on 12:48 - Nov 12 by bosh67

Yes which confuses me as we have some really big lumps , if Dunne Cook etc could get a few set piece goals between them it would help.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Set pieces. on 14:26 - Nov 12 with 1206 viewsstainrods_elbow

Set pieces. on 13:58 - Nov 12 by connell10

Yes which confuses me as we have some really big lumps , if Dunne Cook etc could get a few set piece goals between them it would help.

They're just not brave, decisive, able or opportunistic enough from front to back when it comes to 'getting on the end of things'. Dykes is the worst offender, given his position. Let's hope (i) the manager works this out, (ii) coaches them into better habits, (iii) has the funds and vision to identifiy two new strikers in Jan. and (iv) (iii) isn't too late for our season.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Set pieces. on 15:39 - Nov 12 with 1111 viewsWadR

Obviously different manager but feels odd to return to Paal taking them when Dozzell put in consistently excellent corners versus Huddersfield. Agree that our deliveries have been really bad.

Did at least enjoy us trying the short routine that ended up with Dozzell shooting from the edge of the area - hope it's a sign we're looking at inventive set pieces.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024