Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield trains 20:24 - Dec 10 with 2745 viewsWatford_Ranger

Long time since I did Hillsborough by train. There’s a 5:31 back home. Is it still a nightmare getting back to the station and I should just accept my fate of killing time there before the 6:31?
Sheffield trains on 20:37 - Dec 10 with 2673 viewsderbyhoop

Zero chance of making 5:31. Unless you have a Ferrari taxi waiting in Leppings Lane.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sheffield trains on 20:39 - Dec 10 with 2656 viewsRangersw12

Unless you leave early you won't get the 17:30
Sheffield trains on 21:08 - Dec 10 with 2546 viewsNorrisGreen

Sheffield trains on 20:37 - Dec 10 by derbyhoop

Zero chance of making 5:31. Unless you have a Ferrari taxi waiting in Leppings Lane.

Ferrari or Lada... Won't make any difference when the traffic's crawling.
Matches routinely end after 5pm now, I'd suggest being lively and on your toes simply to ensure getting the 6:31!
As others say, folks should forget the 5:31 unless they have a habit of stropping off at half-time if we're not winning.
Sheffield trains on 22:41 - Dec 10 with 2360 viewscharmr

Back in blighty this week and was also tempted and researching trains to Wednesday. Just seems a pain getting to the ground from the station.

I’m staying in Northwood if anyones contemplating driving. It’s that or dagenham and Redbridge vs Wealdsone.
Sheffield trains on 23:15 - Dec 10 with 2288 viewsNorthernr

Yeh you got no chance of the 530, unless we're 4-0 down and you fancy ditching out on 60 minutes. We're on the half six which will be... lively.
Sheffield trains on 23:39 - Dec 10 with 2240 viewsdenhamhoop2

Sheffield trains on 22:41 - Dec 10 by charmr

Back in blighty this week and was also tempted and researching trains to Wednesday. Just seems a pain getting to the ground from the station.

I’m staying in Northwood if anyones contemplating driving. It’s that or dagenham and Redbridge vs Wealdsone.

Easy enough get the blue line tram from Station to Malin Bridge get off at top of Leppings Lane
Sheffield trains on 00:19 - Dec 11 with 2185 viewsBoston

Sheffield is bigger than one thinks. You'd be pushing it to get that train from Sheff Utd, but no chance from Wednesday. Trust me, I've truly fcked up in Sheffield on a couple of occasions.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sheffield trains on 00:23 - Dec 11 with 2174 viewsstowmarketrange

Sheffield trains on 00:19 - Dec 11 by Boston

Sheffield is bigger than one thinks. You'd be pushing it to get that train from Sheff Utd, but no chance from Wednesday. Trust me, I've truly fcked up in Sheffield on a couple of occasions.

Glad I’m on the 19.01 special back to derby and Leicester then.I was hoping to get an hour in the pub after the game too.
Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield trains on 07:06 - Dec 11 with 2008 viewsNorthernr

Sheffield trains on 00:23 - Dec 11 by stowmarketrange

Glad I’m on the 19.01 special back to derby and Leicester then.I was hoping to get an hour in the pub after the game too.

Luckily one of the best pubs in the city is the one at the station.
Sheffield trains on 10:45 - Dec 11 with 1811 viewsWatford_Ranger

Thanks all. Might take the opportunity to get some steps in and do the 3 miles back on foot, taking in some of the sights of suburban Sheffield en route to the 6:31 then.
Sheffield trains on 10:48 - Dec 11 with 1798 viewsWokingR

Just noticed also that there appears to be no way of getting back to London by train from the Ipswich game.
Sheffield trains on 10:52 - Dec 11 with 1781 viewsNorthernr

Sheffield trains on 10:45 - Dec 11 by Watford_Ranger

Thanks all. Might take the opportunity to get some steps in and do the 3 miles back on foot, taking in some of the sights of suburban Sheffield en route to the 6:31 then.

You did actually used to be able to walk along the river from Hillsborough into the middle of town but having run that way while I was up there over the summer a big section of the river bank has been taken over by a travelling community and they didn't take kindly to me jogging through there. Neither did their various dogs.
Sheffield trains on 13:46 - Dec 11 with 1585 viewsWatford_Ranger

Sheffield trains on 10:52 - Dec 11 by Northernr

You did actually used to be able to walk along the river from Hillsborough into the middle of town but having run that way while I was up there over the summer a big section of the river bank has been taken over by a travelling community and they didn't take kindly to me jogging through there. Neither did their various dogs.

Oh. Good thing I like dags.
Sheffield trains on 14:00 - Dec 11 with 1548 viewsBoston

Sheffield trains on 13:46 - Dec 11 by Watford_Ranger

It's if they like you that counts.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sheffield trains on 14:16 - Dec 11 with 1523 viewsSheffieldHoop

Sheffield trains on 13:46 - Dec 11 by Watford_Ranger

I'm guessing this'll be Roma, not Irish. More likely to try and sell you a baby than a dag.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Sheffield trains on 16:32 - Dec 11 with 1359 viewsstowmarketrange

Sheffield trains on 10:48 - Dec 11 by WokingR

Just noticed also that there appears to be no way of getting back to London by train from the Ipswich game.

There is a bus replacement service for part of the journey,but the last time I looked there were a few trains back to London after the game but it will take a lot longer than normal.
The trains back after the game are 21.44,21.52,22.03,22.23 or 22.43.They all take between 2 hours 10 mins to 2 hours 25 to get back to civilisation because of buses between Witham and billericay.
I shall be probably drowning my sorrows in the Stowmarket Wetherspoons by 22.30.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 16:44]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024