Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Typical defensive lapse makes it Saints' day at Loftus Road - Report 22:55 - Dec 24 with 2362 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61541/typical-defe
Typical defensive lapse makes it Saints' day at Loftus Road - Report on 23:17 - Dec 24 with 2257 viewscolinallcars

Spot on mate - Have a great Christmas Day.
Typical defensive lapse makes it Saints' day at Loftus Road - Report on 08:19 - Dec 25 with 1826 viewsAshteadR

Merry Christmas Clive, it’s been a tough watch this year
Typical defensive lapse makes it Saints' day at Loftus Road - Report on 09:23 - Dec 25 with 1704 viewsenfieldargh

Merry Christmas Clive not sure you get much time off but for me I love everything you do for this site.

Enjoy yourself, down a few Peronis and lets hope not too much stuffing on Boxing day

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Typical defensive lapse makes it Saints' day at Loftus Road - Report on 09:49 - Dec 25 with 1654 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I do remember that Saints match, purely because of Mane. I couldn't believe how quick he was and it wasn't surprising he ended up at Liverpool.
Typical defensive lapse makes it Saints' day at Loftus Road - Report on 14:00 - Dec 25 with 1275 viewsBeckenhamhoop

To be honest I came away not too disappointed. I thought we played pretty well against an in form team. I still think, if Chair, JCS and Willock stay fit, we’ve got enough to just avoid the drop even without a goal scoring striker and League 1/2 options off the bench.
I also thought Dunne, who normally gives me palpitations, had the best game I’ve seen him have in a long time. Like you, and from a similar distance away, I immediately thought he’d given away a pen and was amazed it wasn’t given.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2023 14:01]
Typical defensive lapse makes it Saints' day at Loftus Road - Report on 14:25 - Dec 25 with 1221 viewsAntti_Heinola

Thanks Clive, hope you enjoy your Christmas and thanks again for all your wonderful work.

You sound a bit more down than me about Saturday, but then, I wasn't at Hillsborough. Like Beckenham, I thought we played well, and the difference between now and pre-Cifuentes is pretty stark in terms of gameplan, organisation, and general competitiveness. It makes me laugh a bit when people say conceding set pieces is 'sunday league' - literally every club at every level does it a few times each season. Chelsea looked horror struck by every single corner yesterday (not that they're any good, but, still). Maybe we do it more than most, or, like the late goals turning wins into defeats, it's less often than it seems.

Begovic drove me nuts not getting on with things a bit quicker near the end, but it's strength in depth that's costing us really, with only Smyth and Larkeche capable of bringing proper change from the bench. Willock's injury looks a big concern given his recent form, and for a huge game at Millwall, I have big concerns. Kakay will come in for Cannon, Smyth for Willock, but other than that, unless he was holding Colback and Cook back for it, that's all he can do, meaning we field a significantly weakened right hand side in a crucial game. Or does he play Larkeche higher up the left, and let Chair loose through the middle instead of EDB or Dozzell?

Still, you know us, we'll probably win at Ipswich.

Bare bones.

Typical defensive lapse makes it Saints' day at Loftus Road - Report on 17:13 - Dec 25 with 1079 viewsManinBlack

Perfectly accurate report. I hardly think being truthful about us is negative when you are stating facts. I too see a team not good enough and even if we stay up, next season will be a struggle, and the season after etc etc unless serious money comes in.

As things stand we are clinging on in this league in exactly the same way we would be trying to stay in the Premiership if we were up there. I see people saying what is the point of being in the top league just to aim for mid table but the trouble is we are doing exactly this in the Championship, which to my mind is even worse. It is bad enough we would be out of our depth in the Premiership but we are currently out of our depth in this league.

Anyway despite everything I hope everyone is having a decent Christmas.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024