Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sinclair Armstrong 19:14 - Dec 28 with 28846 viewsHooparoo

Some bloke on Twitter (yeah I know) is claiming that Sincs is leaving us and has removed all QPR pics and now closed his account. I was following him so I checked and yes, his account is completely gone. Anyone know what the hell is going on at our club?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Sinclair Armstrong on 23:27 - Dec 28 with 3557 viewsHedged

Sinclair Armstrong on 23:02 - Dec 28 by daveB

didn't he sign a new contract last year with an option of an extra year

Yeah, his deal short term deal signed before his first team debut last season and with the one year extension to be used this summer that runs until end of next season.

He was linked with likes of Palace. If he's refusing to sign a contract it suggests his agent probably already has a deal agreed in principle with whoever is signing him.

So if we are going to just keep playing him while he is developing still and not scoring. They don't need to pay for him. Why would they do that. He isn't ready for the teams he was linked with. So they would only sign him then loan him out. But if he's playing regularly for us then why would they bother

They can save on the fee and boost his wages. Armstrong and the club who sign him both benefit and we lose out

If we aren't going to force a sale now then we are even less likely to do it in the summer. As by the summer we will have less leverage over him

If he faces the prospect of 18 months of U23's football we can force a move

Any fan who would criticise the club if he were to leave on a free in 18 months are the exact same fans who would moan if we force a move for him now
Sinclair Armstrong on 01:56 - Dec 29 with 3207 viewsnumptydumpty

I was one that thought Sinclair had an extremely bright future

And I was expecting big things.

I though did think this season he needed a league one loan for a season as he is easily found out at this level currently.

Normally he would have been loaned out but needs must but now I just don't think there is improvement in him.

Might be better at NFL than our version of football... ie got pace and power and strength

Dunne as well he is adequate nothing more nothing less.

If Fox and Cook both return from injury soon, I would have him as fourth choice centre back.

Closing of social media accounts etc, could be on good advice from Cifuemtes ie nowt good comes from engaging with fans on social media. Always destined to be an issue in these times.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Sinclair Armstrong on 08:11 - Dec 29 with 2887 viewsLandshark

I was always surprised with the way Sinclair was regarded by some of the QPR fans. I guess it was just blind hope for discovering the new Les Ferdinand despite the evidence shown on the pitch.

Even against Southampton last week I had some supporters behind me talking to their non-QPR supporting friend who was at the game with them. "Oh great, Sinclair is coming on, something will happen now, he's going to be a great player" he then ended up producing nothing, like always.

He will be playing non-league football in a few years.
Sinclair Armstrong on 08:25 - Dec 29 with 2835 viewsRs_Holy

Sinclair Armstrong on 08:11 - Dec 29 by Landshark

I was always surprised with the way Sinclair was regarded by some of the QPR fans. I guess it was just blind hope for discovering the new Les Ferdinand despite the evidence shown on the pitch.

Even against Southampton last week I had some supporters behind me talking to their non-QPR supporting friend who was at the game with them. "Oh great, Sinclair is coming on, something will happen now, he's going to be a great player" he then ended up producing nothing, like always.

He will be playing non-league football in a few years.

I guess the stats don’t lie? I know he has been used a lot as an impact sub but it’s still just 1 goal in approximately 1500 minutes of football for QPR
Sinclair Armstrong on 08:37 - Dec 29 with 2787 viewsNorthantsHoop

It's the manager we need to keep and let him clear out the poor performers, as we all know most are not up to it. I have been willing Sinclair Armstrong to really kick on, but it has not happened.
Sinclair Armstrong on 08:38 - Dec 29 with 2782 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Sinclair Armstrong on 21:48 - Dec 28 by kensalriser

Armstrong has looked for a while like he belongs to the list of QPR players that includes Richard Pacquette and Angelo Balanta.

That made me think of the 'One good German'. 10 years ago he was playing briefly for Brentford!

Which puts what they have acheived in a decade into persective.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Sinclair Armstrong on 09:01 - Dec 29 with 2690 viewsFDC

If it does turn out Armstrong is out the door I'll be a bit disappointed. I'd hoped that we might see some big improvements in his positional intelligence and finishing under some decent coaching, seem like things that can be coached. I can't imagine he's a massive drain on the wage bill either.
Sinclair Armstrong on 09:11 - Dec 29 with 2634 viewsGaryBannister86

He has obviously been somewhat disappointing, but he showed a darn sight more at a young age, even just in sub appearances to show that he has something. Compared to most other youngsters anyway.

It's not a crime to support a player, especially a young one, or to believe / fantasise he may be able to be a cut above.

I still think its too early to know that he won't be a darn good player. Will be a shame if someone else gets the benefit - I think in normal circumstances we would have loaned him out and he could have learned that way, a la Eze and Chair (and Les).
[Post edited 29 Dec 2023 9:11]
Login to get fewer ads

Sinclair Armstrong on 09:26 - Dec 29 with 2550 viewsTheChef

Sinclair Armstrong on 20:20 - Dec 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks. Important info.

Let's just see how this plays out.

Er well yeah let's not jump the gun here - but hey we all love a rumour don't we?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sinclair Armstrong on 09:47 - Dec 29 with 2428 viewsPaddyhoops

I look at these two through green tinted shamrock spectacles but they’ve been way what’s required at the moment. Jimmy was poor against Millwall and despite a good showing again Southampton I don’t think he has what’s required at the moment.
Armstrong could come good yet but the signs aren’t good.
Nobody deserves the abuse these keyboard warriors mete out mind.
Sinclair Armstrong on 09:48 - Dec 29 with 2414 viewsEsox_Lucius

After all the dogs abuse they were getting from the knuckle draggers they probably just closed their accounts. It appears that Dykes and Chair are their next targets.

The grass is always greener.

Sinclair Armstrong on 09:56 - Dec 29 with 2333 viewsGaryBannister86

Sinclair Armstrong on 09:48 - Dec 29 by Esox_Lucius

After all the dogs abuse they were getting from the knuckle draggers they probably just closed their accounts. It appears that Dykes and Chair are their next targets.

Imagine going directly on social media to vent at a player. Disgusting and thick in the head.

I mean, Kakay and Dozell boil my piss but when I point out their deficiencies in frustration during a match, I do so pretty safe in the knowledge they are not going to hear me!

They should delete all social media. Obviously Rejectovic won't as that is his main priority, but the rest should.
Sinclair Armstrong on 10:02 - Dec 29 with 2294 viewsDorse

Sinclair Armstrong on 09:48 - Dec 29 by Esox_Lucius

Makes you wonder why they bother. There are so many better things to do. What do they imagine the best case scenario to be?
'Jimmy? Look at this!'
'What is it Sincs? New cat video?'
'Not this time. It's much better. Turns out that we've been doing football all wrong'
'Really? Let me see that... "Play better you fcuking nonce" from someone called Masturb8. Well, that's great advice! Got any more?'
'Sure do, Jimmy. ma55ivec0cknball5 says "If you don't play better I will kill your pets #notjoking". Well, I don't think that sounds very nice. I'd better score 5 goals in the next game'.
'Yes, me too, Sincs.'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sinclair Armstrong on 10:06 - Dec 29 with 2256 viewsQPROslo

Sinclair Armstrong on 09:01 - Dec 29 by FDC

If it does turn out Armstrong is out the door I'll be a bit disappointed. I'd hoped that we might see some big improvements in his positional intelligence and finishing under some decent coaching, seem like things that can be coached. I can't imagine he's a massive drain on the wage bill either.

He could be a good player, showed a lot of promise especially early season. Remember his run and shot from the left side outside the area that hit both posts and came out again, and another run down the right when he checked looking for support and then found an incoming Paal with a cut back he scored from. His goal when his lens was out of place from a Smyth cross looked like one that would be repeated. Possibly Sinclair was one who benefited from GA and his teams coaching and playing style more than Marti. I hope this is all b*lloks and we see a lot more of him. As another poster has said I'd like to see him tried out wide with another striker. He has scared the hell out of defenders and with Marti in place a Keeper which lead to Willock setting up Chair for a goal. We should be trying to keep him and help him improve. Strong and fast, he can shoot and he's not totally without ball skills, they just need improving along with his heading.
Sinclair Armstrong on 10:08 - Dec 29 with 2241 viewsdaveB

Sinclair Armstrong on 10:02 - Dec 29 by Dorse

Makes you wonder why they bother. There are so many better things to do. What do they imagine the best case scenario to be?
'Jimmy? Look at this!'
'What is it Sincs? New cat video?'
'Not this time. It's much better. Turns out that we've been doing football all wrong'
'Really? Let me see that... "Play better you fcuking nonce" from someone called Masturb8. Well, that's great advice! Got any more?'
'Sure do, Jimmy. ma55ivec0cknball5 says "If you don't play better I will kill your pets #notjoking". Well, I don't think that sounds very nice. I'd better score 5 goals in the next game'.
'Yes, me too, Sincs.'

They are young men and young people have grown up obsessed with social media so they are no different to the average 20-25 year old
Sinclair Armstrong on 10:15 - Dec 29 with 2204 viewsNW5Hoop

Sinclair Armstrong on 22:29 - Dec 28 by Hedged

With this happening a few days before the transfer window opens it seems less likely to be a coincidence

Armstrong clearly isn't going to sign the new contract he's been offered. So having him leave for free like BOS or for peanuts (like most players we've ever sold) needs to not happen.

I'm hoping the club are finally being more ruthless in protecting the clubs interests. If he won't sign then frankly Sinclair can f ck right off. He's earning very little as his contract was from when he was U23's and being loaned out to Aldershot and Torquay

If he won't sign a new contract and this is him throwing an Instagram strop I'm hoping it's because the club has told him... No we aren't going to let you run down your contract so Palace can pick you up for free when you a more experienced player. He isn't scoring enough for us to accept that. If wants to run down his contract he can do it in the U23s and limit his progress

Or if won't sign a contract he can leave now so we get some cash in for him. He can continue his development elsewhere and then we can get a signing or likely loan in who isn't just a prospect but can contribute much needed goals now

But having said all that he’s probably just deleted Instagram because he’s fed up of abuse from idiots on there…
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 22:30]

Can't imagine Armstrong would be leaving for much more than peanuts regardless of his contract situation. It's not like his performances and record suggest he'd move for a big fee. TBH, if we got cashews instead of peanuts, I'd be happy.

And this is a player *I like*. God, this club.
Sinclair Armstrong on 10:29 - Dec 29 with 2093 viewsdaveB

thing is with Armstrong he has great potential but needs a loan spell playing week in week out or he needs to be playing for us every week, for a club that's supposed to be about developing players we are doing a terrible job with him.

Mind you this is all based on pure guesswork with his Instagram closure, few months ago Willock posted something from the bible and everyone assumed there was a deeper meaning about him leaving the club but was just a quote from the bible that meant something to him in that moment.
Sinclair Armstrong on 10:29 - Dec 29 with 2089 viewsRs_Holy

Sinclair Armstrong on 10:06 - Dec 29 by QPROslo

He could be a good player, showed a lot of promise especially early season. Remember his run and shot from the left side outside the area that hit both posts and came out again, and another run down the right when he checked looking for support and then found an incoming Paal with a cut back he scored from. His goal when his lens was out of place from a Smyth cross looked like one that would be repeated. Possibly Sinclair was one who benefited from GA and his teams coaching and playing style more than Marti. I hope this is all b*lloks and we see a lot more of him. As another poster has said I'd like to see him tried out wide with another striker. He has scared the hell out of defenders and with Marti in place a Keeper which lead to Willock setting up Chair for a goal. We should be trying to keep him and help him improve. Strong and fast, he can shoot and he's not totally without ball skills, they just need improving along with his heading.

He has shown glimpses but right now we need a bit more than that… if we can loan him to a lower league club in Jan and get an experienced loaner for the rest of the season it’s a bit of a no brainer imho!
Sinclair Armstrong on 10:33 - Dec 29 with 2073 viewsQPR_Jim

Sinclair Armstrong on 10:29 - Dec 29 by daveB

thing is with Armstrong he has great potential but needs a loan spell playing week in week out or he needs to be playing for us every week, for a club that's supposed to be about developing players we are doing a terrible job with him.

Mind you this is all based on pure guesswork with his Instagram closure, few months ago Willock posted something from the bible and everyone assumed there was a deeper meaning about him leaving the club but was just a quote from the bible that meant something to him in that moment.

Agreed, it's nice that he's been given the opportunity in the first team but he needs more minutes to develop. A loan would probably be best for both parties.
Sinclair Armstrong on 10:39 - Dec 29 with 2035 viewsterryb

Sinclair Armstrong on 10:29 - Dec 29 by daveB

I'm yet to see this potential Dave.

He has pace & power, but those are his only two attributes. Ball control & positioning are weak, but it is his lack of awareness, heading ability & inability to finish that are his biggest drawbacks.

I am confident that Connor Washington scored more goals for Queens Park Rangers than Sinclair Armstrong will score in his whole career!

A loan would not hurt, but he failed to make many starts when he was on loan at Torquay & I don't think that will change.

I realise that my views are heresy to many Rangers supporters, but Andy McCullouch was a far better player than Armstrong will ever be!
Sinclair Armstrong on 10:41 - Dec 29 with 2026 viewskensalriser

Must admit the idea that any PL club would be interested in Armstrong had me chuckling.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sinclair Armstrong on 10:46 - Dec 29 with 2007 viewsconnell10

Armstrong should have been out on loan never in the first team.i still think the lad has potential but sometimes I think his mental attitude to the game is some what lacking..

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Sinclair Armstrong on 10:46 - Dec 29 with 2006 viewsdaveB

Sinclair Armstrong on 10:39 - Dec 29 by terryb

I'm yet to see this potential Dave.

He has pace & power, but those are his only two attributes. Ball control & positioning are weak, but it is his lack of awareness, heading ability & inability to finish that are his biggest drawbacks.

I am confident that Connor Washington scored more goals for Queens Park Rangers than Sinclair Armstrong will score in his whole career!

A loan would not hurt, but he failed to make many starts when he was on loan at Torquay & I don't think that will change.

I realise that my views are heresy to many Rangers supporters, but Andy McCullouch was a far better player than Armstrong will ever be!

the potential is there with his pace and power, i'd agree he has a lot of weaknesses he needs to work on but the raw tools are there, you should be able to get a decent effective footballer from what he started with.

I'm not sure if it will happen but I wouldn't write him off yet and would personally play him as a winger where he is less likely to be offside and has a bit more space to run at players
Sinclair Armstrong on 10:48 - Dec 29 with 2000 viewsmart_Goblin

Yeah I agree he has potential but the way he has been managed by the DOF and head coaches has been very poor. I’d go as far to say that they have let him down.
It’s obvious to everyone how raw he is so he should have had 2 long spells out on loan at league 1/2 clubs growing his confidence learning the game .
The strikers have been mis managed for years and it’s hampered him badly.
He isn’t blameless either. Players like Gallen were thrown in at a younger age and learned to cope quickly at a higher level .
I do agree he looks better coming from wide left areas .

As for Dunne, never been a fan and I don’t think he has the intelligence (not just him Kakay will battle all day long but just can’t stay switched on and his days must be numbered too) in a positional sense to play at championship level. I remember pulling him and Dickie apart for their positions throughout last season and nothing has changed. Played really well against Southampton but that was one off as far as I’m concerned
Sinclair Armstrong on 11:00 - Dec 29 with 1929 viewsCateLeBonR

I guess Larkeche has moved above him in the pecking order as impact sub on the wing who is a much better all round footballer. Armstrong has great potential but he seems to have lost his edge the last couple of months for some reason. He hasn’t benefitted from the managerial change as much as some but he wasn’t doing great anyway. I thought it was the correct decision to keep him here in the summer but he probably needs a loan at this stage imo. As always there’s no point sending him out if we can’t replace him with better.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024