Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Klopp off 10:47 - Jan 26 with 11126 viewssupahoopsa

End of this season

Coming to the Rrrr's?

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Klopp off on 11:23 - Jan 27 with 2333 viewsJamesB1979

Klopp off on 08:52 - Jan 27 by traininvain

Good to see that Liverpool fans are taking it well.

😂😂 or actually maybe I should be crying. Your football manager leaves and the world ends. Even if world was in a relatively normal situation that would be mind boggling but with everything else going on, incredible.

Klopp is great when things are going his way. He’s a bully and a bit of of trumpet when they’re not.
Klopp off on 11:30 - Jan 27 with 2315 viewsjoe90

Klopp off on 11:47 - Jan 27 with 2291 viewsMick_S

Klopp off on 11:30 - Jan 27 by joe90

[Post edited 27 Jan 11:48]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Klopp off on 12:23 - Jan 27 with 2246 viewsGroveR

Klopp off on 08:16 - Jan 27 by hubble

"On a personal level I love the city of Liverpool and have enjoyed the company of many scousers. Detest some of the really nasty stuff that is spouted from so many quarters about the city / people."

Just to counter this slightly: my own experience of Liverpool comes from when I went to university there. Granted this was in the early 80s, but my view of them isn't quite so misty-eyed.

When I arrived at Lime Street station, the first thing I saw, painted in six-foot-high letters on the opposite platform, were the words: Cockneys Will Die.

In the first pub I went into, I ordered a pint of lager. The raddled Kenny Dalglish clone propping up the bar next to me turned round, looked at me with utter contempt, and said: You're a fcking cockerney. When I tried to explain to this prime example of Scouse hospitality that I was in fact from West London and therefore not actually a 'cockerney' (ok, obv I was winding him up, I didn't actually expect him to understand the fine difference), he simply repeated, with as much venom as he could muster: you're a fcking cockerney.

And during my time there, I was often refused service in pubs, simply because of my Lunnun accent. A typical exchange:
A pint of lager please.
You what?
A pint of lager please.
You what?
A pint of lager please.
You what?

Now I accept that Liverpool at that time was extremely impoverished. Indeed, you could walk past street after street without seeing a single car. And in Tescos when I went to pay they'd often say: how much 'ave you got love? I'd pay whatever I thought I could afford. This was also the first time I'd seen a fully barred-up off licence counter. The Toxteth riots happened while I was there. Oh, and very poignantly, I was also there when John Lennon died.

Nevertheless, the sheer hatred and prejudice I experienced - no matter whether it might have been 'justified' or not - did not exactly endear me to the lovely Scousers. And having lived there, I can understand why there is an equal and opposite reaction, that means in some quarters, Scousers are detested.

As for Klopp, I've long thought him to be an absolute arse, so far up himself that he believes he has the authority to pronounce not just on football matters, but on politics and society in general. Dry your eyes, my scouse friends!

[Post edited 27 Jan 8:20]

King's of Banter - until you give it back.

Was up there on a stag a couple of years back on Grand National weekend. I was chatting to my mate while having a piss (as you do) and this fella pipes up with "Alright Cockneys? You in here for a "Tom Tit?" Eh? Eh?" Now this lad was wearing a suit so shiny you could physically see light waves bending around it. My mate looks him up and down, pulls a puzzled face and says "Not being funny mate, but have you creosoted your suit?" Everyone cracks up except this fella who suddenly wants to get fighty-fighty.

That said, I actually like the place and have had some good nights out there. My memories of Anfield are they'll belt out YNWA before kick off and then you'd fogey they're there. Remember Magic Hat scoring in the first 10-15mins up there and blocks of seats walking out. Wànkers.
Klopp off on 13:21 - Jan 27 with 2193 viewskensalriser

Klopp off on 16:44 - Jan 26 by ngbqpr

Evens DJ Pierre

3-1 Roger S

8-1 AVH / Todd the God

...now guess which label Kensal worked for bitd :)

The smart money is usually on the bookies' favourite!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Klopp off on 17:26 - Jan 27 with 2038 viewsMrSheen

None of our kids would be able to read if we had to take them out of school every time QPR changed their manager.
Klopp off on 17:34 - Jan 27 with 2024 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Klopp off on 17:26 - Jan 27 by MrSheen

None of our kids would be able to read if we had to take them out of school every time QPR changed their manager.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Klopp off on 17:38 - Jan 27 with 2006 viewsMick_S

Klopp off on 17:26 - Jan 27 by MrSheen

Hat off, sir.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Klopp off on 17:48 - Jan 27 with 1977 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Klopp off on 12:36 - Jan 26 by Northernr

Maybe to start with, absolute breath of fresh air when he first got here. In more recent times he's done nothing but bitch and moan about every aspect of the game here, and done a lot to undermine its traditions and what's good about it (cups, Christmas games etc).

He's 'only' won the FA Cup and League Cup once, I believe, which isn't great for a club of that size and budget, and has spent his time chipping and undermining and moaning about them more than almost anybody else. Doesn't want a replay when his £800m team somehow fails to knock over Exeter City. Doesn't want the Third Round to be the first week of January. We've now got the fifth round being played in a midweek so him and his precious Prem stars get a week off in Dubai in January which they've griped about for years. We're losing replays, they'll eventually ditch the League Cup altogether in return for a bit of extra Premier League money, we've got U21 teams in the EFL trophy - the cup competitions are part of what makes football in this country great and unique, and Klopp has done more than most from a position of extreme power and influence to chip and chip and chip away at them.

Him and his club are the absolute worst for constantly banging on and on and on about how many domestic games they have to play, particularly over Christmas, and how a 20 team Premier League is too much and there's too many games against idiot scum like Burnley, Sheff Utd and so on. While at the same time chucking their lot in with the European Super League, and the new reformed Champions League which is basically a bloated, money printing machine for the already super rich like them. They're the worst for spending what down time they do have flying all around the world to play games they don't have to on fcking baseball diamonds in the US and Far East. A week before this season that's apparently so hectic Klopp and Liverpool could never possibly cope with it they were playing Man Utd in Bangkok for goodness sake. Absolute fcking hypocrite(s). Any journalist who asks him a difficult question about any of this he basically flips and becomes a complete arshole.

He rightly bangs on about how FFP just doesn't seem to apply to Man City, but never once acknowledges that Liverpool have myriad advantages over 99% of every other club in the world. He's spent nearly £1bn on his team, but all you ever hear from him is how unfair it is that he's got to play West Ham at midday on Saturday when his poor little lambs had a Wednesday night game. With the players and budget he's got you should be beating West Ham if you had to play the game straight after on Thursday morning FFS, get on with it.

I absolutely loved him when he got here and you see him with the fans and in the community and whatever and he's still great. He's also clearly a fcking incredible manager. As said, could be an amazing and transformative option for England. But he's become a pretty joyless misery in more recent years (takes one to know one) and done a fair bit to undermine the traditions of the sport in this country. Perhaps that's a reflection of his mood and energy levels, hence this decision.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Isn't it the case that all the managers of the top clubs* become unsufferable pricks though, moaning about anything they perceive goes against them and never acknowledging the advantages going their way. They have sycophants blowing smoke up their arses 24/7, so when anyone challenges them, they lose their rag. Klopp looked a prick when that presenter made a joke about early kick-offs but it was revealing how MacManaman stopped laughing once he realised Klopp was rattled. Fair play to him. He probably realises he's becoming a prick and needs to get away from it all.

*Thomas Frank obviously has a head start and does it even though he's managing a bus stop.
Klopp off on 06:29 - Apr 25 with 1561 viewslassel

Good to time to bring this one back now that their season is over.

Total spend over £1bn, including the worlds most expensive GK, the worlds most expensive defender and a €100m CF who can’t score goals.

Will finish with:
1x PL - same as Ranieri
1x CL - same as De Matteo
1x FA Cup - same as Martinez
2x Carabao Cup - same as O’Neill

League finishes:
8th
4th
4th
2nd
1st
3rd
2nd
5th
TBC but likely 3rd

All of the above despite having by far the highest TUE number in the league with an unbelievable 65% of the squad ‘asthmatic’ and still making it as professional footballers….only ever beaten by Leicester the season they won the PL…
Klopp off on 07:47 - Apr 25 with 1334 viewsWirralHoop

I am already sat in the office (Liver Building) going to be a fun day watching Everton fans behaving like they've just won the lottery and Liverpool fans feel that it's just not fair, everyone was meant to roll over for a Jurgen farewell party.
Klopp off on 07:48 - Apr 25 with 1330 viewsNorthernr

I enjoyed the tactic of leaving Dominic Calvert Lewin unmarked at all the set pieces. What harm can come?
Klopp off on 09:51 - Apr 25 with 1039 viewsAntti_Heinola

Klopp off on 07:48 - Apr 25 by Northernr

I enjoyed the tactic of leaving Dominic Calvert Lewin unmarked at all the set pieces. What harm can come?

I dunno. Have you seen him play this season?

Bare bones.

Klopp off on 09:56 - Apr 25 with 1023 viewsdaveB

Klopp off on 06:29 - Apr 25 by lassel

Good to time to bring this one back now that their season is over.

Total spend over £1bn, including the worlds most expensive GK, the worlds most expensive defender and a €100m CF who can’t score goals.

Will finish with:
1x PL - same as Ranieri
1x CL - same as De Matteo
1x FA Cup - same as Martinez
2x Carabao Cup - same as O’Neill

League finishes:
8th
4th
4th
2nd
1st
3rd
2nd
5th
TBC but likely 3rd

All of the above despite having by far the highest TUE number in the league with an unbelievable 65% of the squad ‘asthmatic’ and still making it as professional footballers….only ever beaten by Leicester the season they won the PL…

I think you can be judged on more than trophies though, he's put together a couple of brilliant teams to watch and were very unlucky not to win more trophies. He's been a brilliant manager, become a bit of an old grump the last 2 years but it'll be a shame when he goes.
Klopp off on 11:06 - Apr 25 with 893 viewsconnell10

I haven't seen Kloop for a while but saw his interview from last night , he looks really ill if you ask me , I was quite shocked with how drawn he looked.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Klopp off on 11:59 - Apr 25 with 795 viewseghamranger

Daniel Calvert Lewin apparently….
Klopp off on 12:28 - Apr 25 with 716 viewsBluce_Ree

Liverpool sucking off Klopp for the last however many years has been unbearable. Everything about them has to be sensationalised as if it's the best thing that's ever happened.

Him announcing he was going and them thinking they were going to win everything was just peak Liverpool delusion. Them fking everything up in a month has been an absolute joy.

For old times' sake.

LOLverpool!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Klopp off on 13:21 - Apr 25 with 585 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Klopp off on 11:06 - Apr 25 by connell10

I haven't seen Kloop for a while but saw his interview from last night , he looks really ill if you ask me , I was quite shocked with how drawn he looked.

I had a suspicion he might be battling something bad when they announced his decision to leave and only said he needed a break.
He does look a bit ragged right now but might just be a mixture of stress, dissapointement anger etc.
Hopefully he will recover when he heads back to Germany because I like him just wish he would stop moaning and attacking reporters doing their jobs
Klopp off on 13:25 - Apr 25 with 559 viewsSuperhoops2808

Maybe they borrowed our set piece coach from earlier in the season!!
Klopp off on 13:40 - Apr 25 with 491 viewsSuperhoop83

Klopp off on 12:28 - Apr 25 by Bluce_Ree

Liverpool sucking off Klopp for the last however many years has been unbearable. Everything about them has to be sensationalised as if it's the best thing that's ever happened.

Him announcing he was going and them thinking they were going to win everything was just peak Liverpool delusion. Them fking everything up in a month has been an absolute joy.

For old times' sake.

LOLverpool!

This. I could spend a lot of time on here ranting and raving about all things Liverpool but you usually spare me the effort.

As for Klopp himself, I didn't used to mind him, and even quite liked him, but he has a very annoying habit of smiling, or trying to look like he's smiling, when things aren't going well on the pitch, as if he can only laugh at and rise above the injustice unfolding before his eyes, when he is plainly fuming.
[Post edited 25 Apr 13:41]

Suffering since 1978.

Klopp off on 13:52 - Apr 25 with 456 viewsJuzzie

Klopp off on 13:40 - Apr 25 by Superhoop83

This. I could spend a lot of time on here ranting and raving about all things Liverpool but you usually spare me the effort.

As for Klopp himself, I didn't used to mind him, and even quite liked him, but he has a very annoying habit of smiling, or trying to look like he's smiling, when things aren't going well on the pitch, as if he can only laugh at and rise above the injustice unfolding before his eyes, when he is plainly fuming.
[Post edited 25 Apr 13:41]

When chimpanzees grin people think they're smiling. They're not, it's a sign of fear.

Maybe Klopp is a fearful chimpanzee?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024