Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic 17:57 - Mar 9 with 62228 viewsE17hoop

I'm beginning to think maybe he isn't that great after all. Is it time for him to be dropped?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

Begovic on 14:20 - Apr 16 with 1725 viewsGaryBannister86

Begovic on 13:59 - Apr 16 by Antti_Heinola

I haven't seen this, but if true, it's the last straw for me. We're in a relegation battle which we would have been out of if not for his flappy hands, and he is, for better or worse, the effing captain of this team. WHAT THE ACTUAL FK IS HE DOING AT A CHELSEA GAME - in the home end, cheering them on? Can you IMAGINE anyone else doing that? I'd actually be tempted to drop him for it and i'm surprised there's less chat about it on here (people probably, and rightly, bored with the Bego thread so haven't seen it!)

I was willing to overlook the podcast to a degree, but this is too far. I won't be booing him on Saturday as we need a positive atmosphere, but I cannot wait for him to fk off.

Oh its true, I saw it with my own eyes on his stories.

I think if someone started a thread on it there would be a large response, but as you say the mahoosive current thread has probably masked it.

I don't see how even the Begovic defenders can excuse him for this.
Begovic on 14:25 - Apr 16 with 1686 viewsDannyPaddox

I was surprised to discover Begovic played only 19 times for Ch*ls**. I have no idea but I’d guess those appearances would have mostly been Carabobo Cup games and the like. For context and comparison midfield legend Dániel Tőzsér played 15 games for QPR.

So to sum up … TÖSZÉR!
Begovic on 14:25 - Apr 16 with 1682 viewsR_from_afar

Begovic on 22:14 - Apr 15 by HammersmithR

And now our captain is posting pictures tonight on his social media that he’s at the Chelsea game tonight in the home end. What’s the bloke thinking?? Sooner he’s gone the better. Cannot stand the bloke.

Can you tell us on which social platform they are, please? I can't find them on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. Many thanks.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Begovic on 14:27 - Apr 16 with 1673 viewsGaryBannister86

Begovic on 14:25 - Apr 16 by R_from_afar

Can you tell us on which social platform they are, please? I can't find them on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. Many thanks.

Was a picture on his Instagram stories, so may be gone by now.
Begovic on 14:34 - Apr 16 with 1635 viewsrichpr

Begovic on 11:27 - Apr 16 by mart_Goblin

You miss my point slightly .

If you think I’m suggesting we ‘should’ buy a keeper as good as Martinez then you certainly have.
It’s not really a criticism of him either. If you read my post back I say I understand why he doesn’t come and join the play. It’s a style of goal keeping that he is too late for but it’s why MC can’t play in the complete way he wants too. That’s not a criticism per se of Begovic it’s just a reason why we don’t play further up the pitch at times. I just suggested that MC will probably have 1 or 2 keepers lined up who are relatively unheard of cheap but can play the way he wants them to in full.

I’d be more concerned that you think it’s your duty to ‘keep defending him’.
Unless you are a relation or a friend then of course I’d understand. If you are then fine. But if not then you have to accept that others , most nearly everybody else has a differing opinion to yourself.

Apologies if I misunderstood but what is the point in comparing premier league tactics to little old QPR. It isn't all on the keeper in any case - you need quicker better defenders than we have to play all this modern playing out. I see in nearly every championship game, keepers and defenders (no doubt under instruction) getting caught playing out and all because they are not good enough to play that way. MC probably, as you say, wants to play that way but has adapted to Begovic's obvious shortcomings for the time being. I only defend Begovic when I think he has been unfairly critised (i.e. attending a Chelsea match, having a goalkeeping academy and not saving unsavable shots). I also don't believe that I am the only one who feels he is being unfairly critised. If you have a week or two to read back through this thread you might see that.
Begovic on 14:38 - Apr 16 with 1623 viewsR_from_afar

Begovic on 14:27 - Apr 16 by GaryBannister86

Was a picture on his Instagram stories, so may be gone by now.

Many thanks. I am a novice when it comes to Instagram - I was forced to use it for work once and have barely looked at it since - but I can't see it and I have looked twice. I'm glad it's gone but even going to a Chelsea game, especially when QPR are in a relegation dogfight (and have been all season, sigh) and fans are in bits, let alone posting about it, shows a remarkable lack of sensitivity and empathy.

That's all compounded by the fact that he is the flippin' captain!

Very poor.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Begovic on 14:39 - Apr 16 with 1612 viewsChrisNW6

Not defending Begovic, but I'm sure Les Allen, Terry Venables, Ray Wilkins, John Hollins, Dave Webb, Barry Bridges, Steve Wicks, Allan Harris, Gavin Peacock and John Spencer all returned to watch many Chelsea games.

The optics don't look good during an end of season relegation battle. I haven't seen the photos, was he with his two daughters, maybe they support Chelsea?

I do think some people need to relax a little, the suggestion of having a code of conduct relating to Chelsea made me laugh. How about a I Hate Chelsea tattoo when they sign?
Begovic on 14:46 - Apr 16 with 1574 viewsGaryBannister86

Begovic on 14:39 - Apr 16 by ChrisNW6

Not defending Begovic, but I'm sure Les Allen, Terry Venables, Ray Wilkins, John Hollins, Dave Webb, Barry Bridges, Steve Wicks, Allan Harris, Gavin Peacock and John Spencer all returned to watch many Chelsea games.

The optics don't look good during an end of season relegation battle. I haven't seen the photos, was he with his two daughters, maybe they support Chelsea?

I do think some people need to relax a little, the suggestion of having a code of conduct relating to Chelsea made me laugh. How about a I Hate Chelsea tattoo when they sign?

It's not the Chelsea bit that bothers me, but obviously it makes it a little worse. I am sure Super Ray never stopped supporting Chelsea and he was my favourite ever player.

But Ray had standards - of performance, of behaviour and never once did I get the impression that he was anything other than proud of playing for QPR.

I get the opposite from Begovic, and uploading pictures at such a time of being at a london rival's match is just bizarre. It is not exactly going to be a positive, so the fact he does it means he doesn't even think or care about QPR, to me.

I was told his merch post would have been done by staff after the Millwall game. I am not so sure.
Login to get fewer ads

Begovic on 14:58 - Apr 16 with 1507 viewsR_from_afar

It's one thing quietly going to watch a Chelsea game because you support them and/or used to play for them.

It's something all together different to proactively post on social media about it. That shows an astounding lack of sensitivity and self-awareness, especially when a) your team has been relegation fodder all season long b) you just made an horrendous error in a key game.

Begovic on 15:06 - Apr 16 with 1452 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Whilst I've been critical of some of Begovic's performances (and rightly so), I can't fault him for the goals conceded against Hull. These were 3 well taken goals scored by a team that was head and shoulders above QPR on the day. As for the alleged Chelsea connections, I'm more interested in how he plays for QPR. Fingers and toes crossed that he performs well over the remaining games and ultimately leaves QPR still a Championship club.
Begovic on 15:11 - Apr 16 with 1434 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Begovic on 14:25 - Apr 16 by DannyPaddox

I was surprised to discover Begovic played only 19 times for Ch*ls**. I have no idea but I’d guess those appearances would have mostly been Carabobo Cup games and the like. For context and comparison midfield legend Dániel Tőzsér played 15 games for QPR.

So to sum up … TÖSZÉR!

Yes, that surprised me. He's already made twice the number of appearances for us than he did for them. Could understand people like Terry or Lampard being so closely associated with them but someone who sat on the bench most of the time before they bombed him out? Seems a bit sad.
Begovic on 16:17 - Apr 16 with 1327 viewsTheChef

Begovic on 12:38 - Apr 16 by CamberleyR

Shilton still used the same tactic as a younger man in 1974 and still wasn't getting anywhere near them. Have a look at this from an England friendly against Argentina in 1974. Mario Kempes' shot is hitting the back of the net pretty much before he moves. 5:34 in on the video...

I though Shilton went on far too long for England - but there to be honest that pen is virtually unsaveable.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Begovic on 16:24 - Apr 16 with 1306 viewssuperstan

If our strikers scored goals there wouldn’t be any need for this thread 🤔🤔🤔
Begovic on 16:40 - Apr 16 with 1246 viewsgazza1

I cannot believe all this fuss about Begovic going to watch Chelsea play.....so f'ing what, who cares. Pretty pathetic comments imho. He is a professional footballer who is working at QPR and supports Chelsea, so f'ing what. I watch Chelsea play - big deal. I support QPR.

All I am interested in is him playing well for our Team but currently and much of the season he hasn't played well and let in sloppy goals and cost us points.
Begovic on 17:03 - Apr 16 with 1197 viewsHayesender

Begovic on 14:06 - Apr 16 by LongRanger

Totally agree, its a disgrace, remember Lee Clark doing similar, Begovic is our captain and we're in a battle, yet he's there cheering them on. If we go down by less than 2 points its on him for the flap (I wonder if he has an issue with his eyesight under floodlights, but not the point here) If I was Marti I would drop him for it, it would send a strong message about the club.

Speaking of floodlights, was it just me who found the floodlighting at Plymouth very poor? Or is my eyesight getting worse?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Begovic on 17:21 - Apr 16 with 1160 viewsKernowRanger

Andre Dozzell's social media accounts looked very different before & after he joined us - someone went through it stringently and scrubbed all references to him supporting Chelsea before he was announced. Might be that Andre or his agent just knew themselves that this was a smart thing to do PR wise themselves, but you'd also hope & expect that they were advised by the club to do so. It doesn't matter - but it does matter when things are going badly.

Might be that's just the difference between a player seeing you as a step up rather than a step down - but given Begovic was happy to not only sign for us, but to accept the role of captain with presumably the additional benefits that brings, there's responsibilities too in how you represent this club & what you present.

As above in isolation it doesn't matter but given the context of how he's performed, how the season has gone and the previous criticism of his Chelsea pod appearance putting it out there was always going to lead to a reaction, and from a QPR perspective there's no good one - some people are ambivalent, some people don't like it.

Whether you personally care about it or not some people do - he isn't a thick bloke and for him to either not think about it or have thought about it and not care about the reaction doesn't sit well.
Begovic on 17:26 - Apr 16 with 1147 viewsAntti_Heinola

Begovic on 14:38 - Apr 16 by R_from_afar

Many thanks. I am a novice when it comes to Instagram - I was forced to use it for work once and have barely looked at it since - but I can't see it and I have looked twice. I'm glad it's gone but even going to a Chelsea game, especially when QPR are in a relegation dogfight (and have been all season, sigh) and fans are in bits, let alone posting about it, shows a remarkable lack of sensitivity and empathy.

That's all compounded by the fact that he is the flippin' captain!

Very poor.

Instagram Stories is a temporary thing. It goes up for a little bit, but isn't permanent.

Bare bones.

Begovic on 17:28 - Apr 16 with 1138 viewsAntti_Heinola

They may have done. But I bet they would never have considered doing it during a relegation battle. Ray loved Chelsea (but also QPR), but the idea he's even have considered for a second doing what Begovic did last night is a joke.

Bare bones.

Begovic on 17:36 - Apr 16 with 1098 viewsNed_Kennedys

Begovic on 16:40 - Apr 16 by gazza1

I cannot believe all this fuss about Begovic going to watch Chelsea play.....so f'ing what, who cares. Pretty pathetic comments imho. He is a professional footballer who is working at QPR and supports Chelsea, so f'ing what. I watch Chelsea play - big deal. I support QPR.

All I am interested in is him playing well for our Team but currently and much of the season he hasn't played well and let in sloppy goals and cost us points.

Some people are very easily triggered nowadays.
Begovic on 17:46 - Apr 16 with 1072 viewsQPROslo

Begovic on 17:03 - Apr 16 by Hayesender

Speaking of floodlights, was it just me who found the floodlighting at Plymouth very poor? Or is my eyesight getting worse?

It looked dark on QPR+
Begovic on 18:11 - Apr 16 with 1024 viewsHooping_Mad

Begovic on 17:36 - Apr 16 by Ned_Kennedys

Some people are very easily triggered nowadays.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Begovic on 18:12 - Apr 16 with 1019 viewsmart_Goblin

Begovic on 14:34 - Apr 16 by richpr

Apologies if I misunderstood but what is the point in comparing premier league tactics to little old QPR. It isn't all on the keeper in any case - you need quicker better defenders than we have to play all this modern playing out. I see in nearly every championship game, keepers and defenders (no doubt under instruction) getting caught playing out and all because they are not good enough to play that way. MC probably, as you say, wants to play that way but has adapted to Begovic's obvious shortcomings for the time being. I only defend Begovic when I think he has been unfairly critised (i.e. attending a Chelsea match, having a goalkeeping academy and not saving unsavable shots). I also don't believe that I am the only one who feels he is being unfairly critised. If you have a week or two to read back through this thread you might see that.

No, admittedly you are right there are few claiming he is being unfairly criticised (at least one said abused on here, which is completely incorrect ) and that’s fair enough .
Unfortunately, just because a few people think that’s unfair doesn’t make it so.
I haven’t mentioned the Chelsea thing at all. I’ve said he wasn’t at fault at all Saturday in my opinion too.

Your first sentence means you don’t get my point at all but you do make some valid and understandable points otherwise.

As with the never ending Dykes threads, there is no vendetta. Just our own eyes and basic data to show that these 2 players and many others have not been good enough on many levels when the team, the club and the fans needed them to step up.

We are still in danger of relegation so of course people are looking at who isn’t performing to certain levels. That is footballing and human nature.
Unfortunately Begovic has been at fault for a lot. Not everything of course but for someone of his experience he hasn’t done enough .

Whether you or others accepts that is up you.
Begovic on 18:26 - Apr 16 with 976 viewsSpaceman_P

The fact is guys.... If we get relegated it would likely be Begovic's fault simply for that Plymouth goal.

Should have won that.

Must-Win game on Saturday.
Begovic on 18:28 - Apr 16 with 969 viewsrichpr

Begovic on 18:12 - Apr 16 by mart_Goblin

No, admittedly you are right there are few claiming he is being unfairly criticised (at least one said abused on here, which is completely incorrect ) and that’s fair enough .
Unfortunately, just because a few people think that’s unfair doesn’t make it so.
I haven’t mentioned the Chelsea thing at all. I’ve said he wasn’t at fault at all Saturday in my opinion too.

Your first sentence means you don’t get my point at all but you do make some valid and understandable points otherwise.

As with the never ending Dykes threads, there is no vendetta. Just our own eyes and basic data to show that these 2 players and many others have not been good enough on many levels when the team, the club and the fans needed them to step up.

We are still in danger of relegation so of course people are looking at who isn’t performing to certain levels. That is footballing and human nature.
Unfortunately Begovic has been at fault for a lot. Not everything of course but for someone of his experience he hasn’t done enough .

Whether you or others accepts that is up you.

I respect your opinion on Begovic. I do think that all championship keepers have made similar mistakes - even the Plymouth keeper came flying out to a cross and completely missed it - typical that there was no-one on the end of it. We've had 2 freakish goals conceded (albert own goal and Sheff Wed first) and it is not running for us. I hope it changes in the next 3 games.

I would much rather have a moan about Dykes.
Begovic on 18:34 - Apr 16 with 956 viewsLongRanger

Begovic on 16:40 - Apr 16 by gazza1

I think you're missing the point, I'm not easily triggered, far from it, but as someone else said if he went along and quietly enjoyed the game, that's fine, no problem, but to post about it on social and reference 'we', that's not acceptable, its disloyal and shows he has no respect for the club he plays for and pays his wages...or the fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024