Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic 17:57 - Mar 9 with 62222 viewsE17hoop

I'm beginning to think maybe he isn't that great after all. Is it time for him to be dropped?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

Begovic on 13:25 - Mar 13 with 3236 viewsChrisNW6

Things we all seem to agree on

1. Need a new keeper next season
2. We can't and shouldn't drop Begovic at this point in the season
3. He has been at fault numerous times this season
4. Would prefer an outfield player as captain
5. Now that Steve Cook is injury free he would be the preferred choice
6. Begovic is not on 32k a week
7. Begovic is not reading or contributing to this thread
8. We do not want this thread to get to EIGHT pages
9. Bosnian smoked cheese is his favourite
[Post edited 13 Mar 13:26]
Begovic on 13:28 - Mar 13 with 3218 viewsQPROslo

Begovic on 13:15 - Mar 13 by GaryBannister86

I don't agree with a single word you say about Begovic, but you are talking absolute nonsense here.

As Clive says, he isn't going to be on this board. However, even the harshest of critics here (me included) have not been abusing him or causing him mental health issues. He's a pro footballer, we're allowed to discuss the fact that we don't think he is any good, that as Captain he shouldn't be on Chelsea podcasts calling them "we" and that he shouldn't be flogging his soccer school and merch one hour after flapping in goals.

No-one is "abusing" him that I have seen. They are criticising him, not asking for him to be harmed or his family threatened or racism or anything like that. Criticism is allowed. He will have confronted it all his career.

Finally, if you think these critiques hurt him so much, what do you think happens when he is in his goal in front of a packed away end or home end when we are away? Gentle encouragement?!

To me, it ranks with that post when someone asked if we had enquired about Ainsworth's mental state when we sacked him.

Come on. Perspective. I am sure your favorite son Bego couldn't give a toss what the fans think of a club that (in my view) he cares very little about and will have forgotten inside two minutes of his contract ending.

I wrote about abuse and hate on "social media".
Begovic on 13:49 - Mar 13 with 3082 viewsParkRoyalR

Begovic on 13:25 - Mar 13 by ChrisNW6

Things we all seem to agree on

1. Need a new keeper next season
2. We can't and shouldn't drop Begovic at this point in the season
3. He has been at fault numerous times this season
4. Would prefer an outfield player as captain
5. Now that Steve Cook is injury free he would be the preferred choice
6. Begovic is not on 32k a week
7. Begovic is not reading or contributing to this thread
8. We do not want this thread to get to EIGHT pages
9. Bosnian smoked cheese is his favourite
[Post edited 13 Mar 13:26]

Errr....nailed it there fella...and so say all of us!
Begovic on 13:52 - Mar 13 with 3037 viewsSheffieldHoop

Begovic on 13:06 - Mar 13 by QPROslo

Well it has been reported that abuse and hate on social media have caused footballers, and others, depression and other psychological problems that were certainly not "laughable".

750k-a-year footballers all depressed in their serviced London apartments because some bricklayer who's had to move out to Watford called them "fcking shit" on twitter.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Begovic on 13:54 - Mar 13 with 3045 viewsPaddyhoops

Begovic on 11:54 - Mar 13 by Ned_Kennedys

Who are the posters ‘for whom he can do no wrong’ then?

Literally nobody has said anything to back that up. He’s an average keeper nowadays and has done some good and bad things this season. Nowhere near the best keeper I’ve seen for us but also nowhere near the worst.

Quite a few seem to think he can do no right though.

With Dozzell gone a new scapegoat is needed by some I suppose.

Dozell wasn’t a scapegoat. He just wasn’t very good.
Begovic on 18:59 - Mar 13 with 2799 viewsnumptydumpty

Begovic on 13:54 - Mar 13 by Paddyhoops

Dozell wasn’t a scapegoat. He just wasn’t very good.

Begovic is nobodies target

I said personally it was a disappointing purchase and he is in the autumn of his career and has been ok but nothing special and very limited with regards to distribution but never criticised his character

Found it strange he is captain as he certainly doesn't seem to be a shouter or communicator

Think this thread has gone down avenues that are somewhat from the twilight zone.

There are no indications he is suffering with his mental health and have said this is a fans forum, just few of us writing nonsense to pass away the time.

Nobody is an expert and not one of us has authority and 100% know how of what we spout.

But Begovic is certainly not target of boo boys. I don't really hear any player currently facing cynicism from our fans. At games, feel our fans have been brilliant at home and away.

In fact think we have personally one of our best times with fans getting behind the team. And again,think that's one criticism that's mentioned elsewhere in this thread that's been mentioned. Don't see that myself.

Obviously be delighted if Begovic hits top form and will support him while he is here. There are zero alternatives here currently.

And again if I don't think he should be captain, again that is not me criticising his character, I just feel there are more appropriate choices for that role here.

Maybe I need to be "WOKE" up !!!! 😆
[Post edited 13 Mar 19:00]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Begovic on 19:41 - Mar 13 with 2689 viewsmart_Goblin

Yep! Nearly 8 pages of essentially people saying :

“He isn’t that great really is he?”
Followed by people saying
“How dare you criticise him”
“But I just don’t think he’s very good”
“We don’t want that negativity and abuse here”

I did say much, much earlier in this strange thread that people really are prepared to die on a hill of choice when it’s just an opinion on either side .
Bizarre
Begovic on 20:29 - Mar 13 with 2604 viewsQPR_Jim

Begovic on 19:41 - Mar 13 by mart_Goblin

Yep! Nearly 8 pages of essentially people saying :

“He isn’t that great really is he?”
Followed by people saying
“How dare you criticise him”
“But I just don’t think he’s very good”
“We don’t want that negativity and abuse here”

I did say much, much earlier in this strange thread that people really are prepared to die on a hill of choice when it’s just an opinion on either side .
Bizarre

I thought he was the difference Saturday, I appreciate that Middlesbrough had a strong centre back pairing and a strong centre midfield, but even with that Begovic was the difference, and not for the first time this season.

It's concerning, given our position that the he's unreliable and a weak link in a critical position.

The only real defence of him is that he is perhaps the best we could get at the time. It's also fair to say it's not his fault that at his stage in his career he's been employed as the only GK at the club realistically in line for a starting position.
Login to get fewer ads

Begovic on 21:14 - Mar 13 with 2567 viewsNed_Kennedys

Begovic on 20:29 - Mar 13 by QPR_Jim

I thought he was the difference Saturday, I appreciate that Middlesbrough had a strong centre back pairing and a strong centre midfield, but even with that Begovic was the difference, and not for the first time this season.

It's concerning, given our position that the he's unreliable and a weak link in a critical position.

The only real defence of him is that he is perhaps the best we could get at the time. It's also fair to say it's not his fault that at his stage in his career he's been employed as the only GK at the club realistically in line for a starting position.

The difference on Saturday was Middlesbrough scored two goals and we scored no goals.
Odd to blame the goalkeeper for us hardly troubling the opposition goalkeeper.
Begovic on 21:31 - Mar 13 with 2513 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

We want 8!
Begovic on 22:53 - Mar 13 with 2387 viewshubble

I've got an itch
It's a bitch
It's a B-B-Begovic,
I've got a bloody itch
What, you think he's really rich?
Who, who, Begovic?
Begovic, Begovic
I've got a bleedin' itch
If I don't scratch
I start to twitch
It's a B-B-Begovic

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Begovic on 00:16 - Mar 14 with 2319 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Begovic on 22:53 - Mar 13 by hubble

I've got an itch
It's a bitch
It's a B-B-Begovic,
I've got a bloody itch
What, you think he's really rich?
Who, who, Begovic?
Begovic, Begovic
I've got a bleedin' itch
If I don't scratch
I start to twitch
It's a B-B-Begovic

Title - A Begovic in time doesn't save nine.
Begovic on 07:33 - Mar 14 with 2190 viewsQPR_Jim

Begovic on 21:14 - Mar 13 by Ned_Kennedys

The difference on Saturday was Middlesbrough scored two goals and we scored no goals.
Odd to blame the goalkeeper for us hardly troubling the opposition goalkeeper.

I wasn't blaming him for a lack of goal threat, I thought it was fairly obvious I thought Seny would have saved both shots.

I did notice that Seny didn't punt the ball into the stands quite so often, so perhaps he would have helped the team create more chances.

Like I said, it's not Begovic fault. I think he tries his best but there's a reason one player moved for a fee last summer and the other was looking at setting up a goalkeeping school in readiness for life after professional football.
Begovic on 10:47 - Mar 14 with 2069 viewsNed_Kennedys

Begovic on 07:33 - Mar 14 by QPR_Jim

I wasn't blaming him for a lack of goal threat, I thought it was fairly obvious I thought Seny would have saved both shots.

I did notice that Seny didn't punt the ball into the stands quite so often, so perhaps he would have helped the team create more chances.

Like I said, it's not Begovic fault. I think he tries his best but there's a reason one player moved for a fee last summer and the other was looking at setting up a goalkeeping school in readiness for life after professional football.

As stated earlier in this thread there was a reason we sold Dieng and replaced him with Begovic: it wasn’t for footballing reasons was it?
Clearly Dieng is the better keeper: comparing the two is irrelevant.
Begovic on 12:57 - Mar 14 with 1953 viewsQPunkR

Begovic on 13:16 - Mar 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, Robert Enke's life and death tell us that health problems are not laughable.

With Begovic, we have no reason to believe that he has health problems. But your overall point is valid.

Of course that point stands - but he's not belittling mental health issues there, is he? He's just saying that us writing negative stuff about our immobile 'keeper is not going to affect him whatsoever

QPR - "shit but local"

Begovic on 14:30 - Mar 14 with 1806 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Begovic on 10:47 - Mar 14 by Ned_Kennedys

As stated earlier in this thread there was a reason we sold Dieng and replaced him with Begovic: it wasn’t for footballing reasons was it?
Clearly Dieng is the better keeper: comparing the two is irrelevant.

Fine selling Dieng to generate some cash but you'd expect our recruitment team to come up with a better replacement than a semi-retired stopgap with no sell-on value. And while I'm not suggesting he's on £32,000 a week, he's not here for peanuts either.
Begovic on 23:22 - Mar 15 with 1570 viewsQPsyR

Begovic on 09:05 - Mar 11 by Esox_Lucius

You're falling into the same trap. Complete hyperbole to suggest an aquatic mammal would be as good. To be clear, I don't particularly like him, I think he is a poor GK and I would be very happy if Walsh or Salamon could step up for the rest of the season but, based on what I have seen thus far, they still don't have the gamecraft of Begovich and that is what is probably keeping them out.
I have no doubts these are his last few games but he is all we have atm so let's just suck it up and keep supporting the team.

Lol hadn't seen this but your comment about an Aquatic Mammal made me crack up ...

Mind you then you suggest we should have a Salmon in goal..make your mind up ;-)

But yes you are right about getting behind him to the end of the season.

FKA AcidPixie

Begovic on 00:23 - Mar 16 with 1537 viewssimmo

Fúck Begovic and all who sail in her.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Begovic on 01:16 - Mar 16 with 1508 viewsFredManRave

Would I be right in thinking that Dykes would be our go to guy if the keeper got sent off and there wasn't one on the bench or we'd used all our subs? I'm sure this happened fairly recently?!

If that is the case, bearing in mind our number 2's are shit (excuse the play on words) then bearing in mind how shít Dykes is at putting the ball in the back of the oppositions net, why don't we see if he's any better at stopping the ball from going into our own net.

Law of averages says he must be better than one or the other.

ABBA - Anyone But Begovich Asmir

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Begovic on 01:40 - Mar 16 with 1492 viewsJigsore

Begovic isn't a keeper that makes me nervous, but the stats do paint their own picture. However he does contribute to my theory that any keeper taller than 6'4 is simply too tall and cannot be trusted.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Begovic on 08:25 - Mar 30 with 1097 viewsWatford_Ranger

Appreciate there’s no other option at this stage but he seems to be aging a year every week.
Begovic on 08:35 - Mar 30 with 1027 viewsdmm

Begovic on 08:25 - Mar 30 by Watford_Ranger

Appreciate there’s no other option at this stage but he seems to be aging a year every week.

Yep, he looks creaky and hesitant at the best of times but his experience just about gets him through a game.
Begovic on 08:39 - Mar 30 with 1006 viewsHayesender

A real couple of heart in mouth moments again with him yesterday where he doesn't seem to know whether to stick or twist

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Begovic on 08:49 - Mar 30 with 956 viewsStreathamRanger

Begovic on 08:39 - Mar 30 by Hayesender

A real couple of heart in mouth moments again with him yesterday where he doesn't seem to know whether to stick or twist

He was pretty poor yesterday. So slow off his line when he could have come and collected. Looking forward to seeing a younger, more mobile keeper next season. Should make a real difference. On the plus side, he did at least get an assist for the winner and his kicking in general wasn't too bad.
Begovic on 09:48 - Mar 30 with 778 viewsPaddyhoops

Begovic on 08:49 - Mar 30 by StreathamRanger

He was pretty poor yesterday. So slow off his line when he could have come and collected. Looking forward to seeing a younger, more mobile keeper next season. Should make a real difference. On the plus side, he did at least get an assist for the winner and his kicking in general wasn't too bad.

He doesn’t seem to communicate with his defenders at all .
Especially yesterday. Apart from that . He did ok.
He’s all we’ve got so let’s get behind him for the last 7 games.
He’ll probably make another ricket and another worldie.
Swings and roundabouts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024