Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship Predictor - final table 11:22 - Mar 16 with 35171 viewsRed_Ranger

You know the thing.
Fill in your predicted results of remaining games.
Throws up final table
Anyone done one/ got one to share?
BBC used to do one , cant see one on their site.

Championship Predictor - final table on 22:11 - Apr 4 with 2342 viewsGaryBannister86

Championship Predictor - final table on 22:02 - Apr 4 by saxbend

I think we need 6 more points before the job is done. If we get them in the next two games, great, we can really enjoy the end of the season. 2 points is our minimum requirement from Saturday and Tuesday to not be back to worrying as we were before. 3 or 4 and we'll still be feeling just as positive as we are now at least. Assuming we avoid any injuries or suspensions that is.

I know we don't want to jinx it, but there is not a way in the world we need 6 more points. It's Sheff Weds, Birmingham, Plymouth and Huddersfield below us not Man City and Brazil.

Even if we only got 4 more points, two of them would then need to win 4 games out of their remaining 6. That isn't going to happen - and if it does, some will be against each other.

To put in context, Watford are 500/1 to get relegated and they only have 4 more points than us.

I imagine we need one more win, then we can breathe.
Championship Predictor - final table on 22:17 - Apr 4 with 2308 viewssaxbend

I reckon the chances of Watford failing to get more than another 2 points are about 500/1.
Championship Predictor - final table on 22:29 - Apr 4 with 2225 viewsloftupper

Championship Predictor - final table on 22:17 - Apr 4 by saxbend

I reckon the chances of Watford failing to get more than another 2 points are about 500/1.

Based on form it is unlikely that any the bottom four will be getting 2 wins and a draw from their remaining games. But 6 points to guarantee survival is different to what we may well up requiring.
Championship Predictor - final table on 22:29 - Apr 4 with 2224 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mentality is the key. A few people on here being a little bit blithe about it: if the players do that, we'll be bang in trouble. I think Marti will ensure they don't, but if we lose the next 2, we have 4 very tough games left. Keep going full throttle. Don't slow down as we reach the tape - power through it.

Bare bones.

Championship Predictor - final table on 22:59 - Apr 4 with 2124 viewsLblock

For me it's FOUR POINTS NEEDED and we need to get these over next two games

That'll put us on 50 and will mean either Chef Weds or Plymuff will have to win three games to go above us.... assuming we get those four points:-
If it's Chef Weds we win against then it's a ten point gap over 5 games, effectively 11 points due to GD so for them they need three wins and two draws out of 5 games left
If we draw against them then its seven points, effectively 8 points due to GD so they still have a tough ask of three wins out of 5 games left.

If we only draw against Plymuff then, depending on other results, the gap would be 5 points so only two wins.
A Millers win tomorrow night would be lovely though

My soul cries out for a win on Saturday but due to the above scenario a draw not too bad as long as we win away the following Tuesday

Looking at a few other fixtures down there it hurts me to actually prefer a Millwall win at Hudds this weekend for what that does for the maths with us. Ideally thats a draw and then PNE beat Hudds on Tuesday and the Leicester Babes rattle thru Millwall same evening.

I disagree with anyone who thinks this is all done - NO WAY!!
We proved last season all sorts of mad results can happen end of the season and both Rotherham and Hudds have proved in recent seasons teams down there can dig in and go on mad runs.

Christ I'm back at my old flat years ago with all sorts of connotations written up on a wall I was decorating.... years before these on line predictors! One thing we never predicted was Jamie Pollock becoming more important than Mr Jesus H Christ in the importance of the history of the world.

My head hurts...
[Post edited 4 Apr 23:02]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Championship Predictor - final table on 23:41 - Apr 4 with 2059 viewsconnell10

Championship Predictor - final table on 21:20 - Apr 4 by captainmycaptian

The battle is far from won. Need to avoid defeat which would.boost Wednesday and Plymouth (who will beat Rotherham). A draw is a decent result as it keeps the gap between us and Wednesday to 7. With Huddersfield playing the Wall. We could even gain a point on the bottom three with a draw. Wednesday will come at us with all guns blazing, they have too. Be warned this is going to be a tough game for Rangers.

There is some shit teams below us and Plymouth are one of them. It wouldn't surprise me if Rotherham beat them .I reckon Plymouth and Huddersfield for the last 2 spots.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Championship Predictor - final table on 00:22 - Apr 5 with 1992 viewskensalriser

The whole we mustn't get complacent shtick is making me chuckle. We're just a few fans shooting the breeze on the internet, what we think or say will make zero difference to how events pan out. I don't think for a second the manager, who seems highly professional, or the players or any of the coaches are in the slightest bit complacent.

Sure, freak results and sudden changes in form can happen. We could lose the next two games. But surveying all the facts we can see, it's much more likely we'll stay up than not and the betting market reflects that.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Championship Predictor - final table on 00:29 - Apr 5 with 1978 viewsSydneyRs

Championship Predictor - final table on 22:59 - Apr 4 by Lblock

For me it's FOUR POINTS NEEDED and we need to get these over next two games

That'll put us on 50 and will mean either Chef Weds or Plymuff will have to win three games to go above us.... assuming we get those four points:-
If it's Chef Weds we win against then it's a ten point gap over 5 games, effectively 11 points due to GD so for them they need three wins and two draws out of 5 games left
If we draw against them then its seven points, effectively 8 points due to GD so they still have a tough ask of three wins out of 5 games left.

If we only draw against Plymuff then, depending on other results, the gap would be 5 points so only two wins.
A Millers win tomorrow night would be lovely though

My soul cries out for a win on Saturday but due to the above scenario a draw not too bad as long as we win away the following Tuesday

Looking at a few other fixtures down there it hurts me to actually prefer a Millwall win at Hudds this weekend for what that does for the maths with us. Ideally thats a draw and then PNE beat Hudds on Tuesday and the Leicester Babes rattle thru Millwall same evening.

I disagree with anyone who thinks this is all done - NO WAY!!
We proved last season all sorts of mad results can happen end of the season and both Rotherham and Hudds have proved in recent seasons teams down there can dig in and go on mad runs.

Christ I'm back at my old flat years ago with all sorts of connotations written up on a wall I was decorating.... years before these on line predictors! One thing we never predicted was Jamie Pollock becoming more important than Mr Jesus H Christ in the importance of the history of the world.

My head hurts...
[Post edited 4 Apr 23:02]

Beat Wednesday and its done for me. Lose and its potentially squeaky bum time again if others also pick up points.

Quite likely Preston will be on the beach when we play them so that's definitely winnable.
Login to get fewer ads

Championship Predictor - final table on 00:31 - Apr 5 with 1972 viewsSydneyRs

Championship Predictor - final table on 23:41 - Apr 4 by connell10

There is some shit teams below us and Plymouth are one of them. It wouldn't surprise me if Rotherham beat them .I reckon Plymouth and Huddersfield for the last 2 spots.

Plymouth and Huddersfield are in the worst form. Huddersfield seem to have peaked a while ago and Plymouth have been in free fall from what was a decent position.
Championship Predictor - final table on 00:55 - Apr 5 with 1952 viewsCiderwithRsie

Dunno about you lot but I want us to win every game between now and the end of the season and will be disappointed if we lose to any except Leeds (only side we play who are above us in current form table) or maybe Preston (one below us)

Obviously all sorts of things can go wrong, but no, I'm not expecting us to simultaneously start losing while a bunch of sides deservedly in the relegation zone win everything in sight. I think it's more likely we finish a place or maybe two above where we are now.

On complacency, that's a matter for the players and manager, not us. In Marti I trust.
Championship Predictor - final table on 05:56 - Apr 5 with 1844 viewsQPROslo

Championship Predictor - final table on 00:31 - Apr 5 by SydneyRs

Plymouth and Huddersfield are in the worst form. Huddersfield seem to have peaked a while ago and Plymouth have been in free fall from what was a decent position.

Yes, but form changes again and again, sometimes dramatically, and there are a lot of teams involved in this relegation battle.We should be ok now, but hopefully nobody in the Management and the playing squad relaxes one billionth of a % until we are mathematically 100% safe. That could well be not until the last game or two.
Championship Predictor - final table on 09:18 - Apr 5 with 1695 viewsGaryT

We are four points above Brum, five above Plymouth, six points above Hudds and seven above Weds.

In the last six games Plymouth have gained one point, Hudds three points, Brum four points and Weds seven.

Plymouth, Hudds and Brum will have to have a huge change in fortune to overtake us and I can't see all of them doing that. The next two games are the easiest on paper but we tend to do better against teams that are expected to beat us so I don't think it's a given that we'll get nothing from Hull, Preston and Cov.

I'm not being complacent, I just think that even if we draw with Weds, we have enough about us to get what we need from the remaining fixtures (Leeds, maybe not) and Plymouth, Hudds and Brum have a hell of a hill to climb.
Championship Predictor - final table on 09:35 - Apr 5 with 1652 viewsMaggsinho

I'm all for a bit of cautious realism but I hope the players are feeling more positive and confident than some of our fans.
Championship Predictor - final table on 10:13 - Apr 5 with 1577 viewsdmm

One thing that strikes me as we come to the end of the season is there are a number of players at the end, or potential end, of their contracts who will want to stake a claim for an extension by playing well. Even Willock, who we believe wants to leave, will want to impress possible suitors.

Even players who have longer contracts will know Cifuentes will want to bring in some of his players in the summer, and will want to play in a way that says, 'I'm your man for next season, Marti'.

There's still plenty to play for.
Championship Predictor - final table on 10:26 - Apr 5 with 1541 viewsLanhoop

We may get another 8 points rather than all 18 but Marti will want to win all 6, will be stressing that to everyone and will be disappointed if we don't.

Isn't that why he's our guy?
Championship Predictor - final table on 10:32 - Apr 5 with 1506 viewsdaveB

Championship Predictor - final table on 09:18 - Apr 5 by GaryT

We are four points above Brum, five above Plymouth, six points above Hudds and seven above Weds.

In the last six games Plymouth have gained one point, Hudds three points, Brum four points and Weds seven.

Plymouth, Hudds and Brum will have to have a huge change in fortune to overtake us and I can't see all of them doing that. The next two games are the easiest on paper but we tend to do better against teams that are expected to beat us so I don't think it's a given that we'll get nothing from Hull, Preston and Cov.

I'm not being complacent, I just think that even if we draw with Weds, we have enough about us to get what we need from the remaining fixtures (Leeds, maybe not) and Plymouth, Hudds and Brum have a hell of a hill to climb.

That all sounds great but Plymouth next 2 games are Rotherham and home to us so 2 wins for them which is not exactly impossible and the picture looks very different.

Form means nothing in the run in, for years teams who look dead and buried pull out promotion winning form from absolutely nowhere much like we have in the last 5 weeks

I'll feel a lot better about it all if we win tomorrow.
Championship Predictor - final table on 10:41 - Apr 5 with 1471 viewsAntti_Heinola

Championship Predictor - final table on 00:22 - Apr 5 by kensalriser

The whole we mustn't get complacent shtick is making me chuckle. We're just a few fans shooting the breeze on the internet, what we think or say will make zero difference to how events pan out. I don't think for a second the manager, who seems highly professional, or the players or any of the coaches are in the slightest bit complacent.

Sure, freak results and sudden changes in form can happen. We could lose the next two games. But surveying all the facts we can see, it's much more likely we'll stay up than not and the betting market reflects that.

We've watched this club mainly lose games for over 2 years now. A brief run of form is not going to make me relax just yet. As I said: look at Millwall. 3 great wins under Harris and they zipped up the table and everyone thought they were done. That *can* translate to the players - if you come out even 5% down because you're too relaxed, most teams in this league, particularly ones still fighting for their lives, can punish you. Their remaining fixtures look kind, but if they lose to Hudds tomorrow they are in the sh!t. They are 2 points behind us. I'm not saying I'm not positive, of course I am, but any tiny bit of complacency could be costly, and this is nowere near done yet. Look at last season: if Reading had not been deducted points, they would have finished above us. We got 50 points in part because of a freak result at Burnley.

Bare bones.

Championship Predictor - final table on 10:46 - Apr 5 with 1449 viewsGaryT

Championship Predictor - final table on 10:32 - Apr 5 by daveB

That all sounds great but Plymouth next 2 games are Rotherham and home to us so 2 wins for them which is not exactly impossible and the picture looks very different.

Form means nothing in the run in, for years teams who look dead and buried pull out promotion winning form from absolutely nowhere much like we have in the last 5 weeks

I'll feel a lot better about it all if we win tomorrow.

I think Rotherham will beat Plymouth tonight and if they do, Plymouth will have to go all out for the three points against us (instead of defending the whole game) which will be better for us.

We'll know a lot more about both of our prospects very soon.
Championship Predictor - final table on 12:28 - Apr 5 with 1298 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

46 points is usually enough and probably will be this season.

Look back at the end of the season and you'll see we had already done enough. But keep the anxiety going as long as possible. It's what you do.
Championship Predictor - final table on 12:46 - Apr 5 with 1247 viewssaxbend

Championship Predictor - final table on 12:28 - Apr 5 by Spaghetti_Hoops

46 points is usually enough and probably will be this season.

Look back at the end of the season and you'll see we had already done enough. But keep the anxiety going as long as possible. It's what you do.

Southampton are almost on two points per game. That usually wins you the title, or at least automatic promotion. This season it can't even get them third place. It's the same down the bottom. I still think someone will go down with at least 50 points. Possibly 51 even. Most seasons you can expect two wins in the last six games to be a bit beyond at least three of the teams near the bottom. Not this year. With the exception of Rotherham, every single team in the bottom third has gone on some great runs since January and any or all of them could still have another in them. We've achieved one thing already that our final run need only include a couple of wins or a win and a few draws, but we do need at least that still.
[Post edited 5 Apr 12:48]
Championship Predictor - final table on 12:54 - Apr 5 with 1222 viewsSydneyRs

Championship Predictor - final table on 12:46 - Apr 5 by saxbend

Southampton are almost on two points per game. That usually wins you the title, or at least automatic promotion. This season it can't even get them third place. It's the same down the bottom. I still think someone will go down with at least 50 points. Possibly 51 even. Most seasons you can expect two wins in the last six games to be a bit beyond at least three of the teams near the bottom. Not this year. With the exception of Rotherham, every single team in the bottom third has gone on some great runs since January and any or all of them could still have another in them. We've achieved one thing already that our final run need only include a couple of wins or a win and a few draws, but we do need at least that still.

It's weird because you have 4 teams at the top with normally top two points per game at the same time as potentially 50 being needed to stay up, when there's a limited number of points to play for.

I would have subscribed to the 50 point target a few weeks ago, but do not expect 4 teams averaging around a point per game to suddenly dramatically improve that. One possibly, two maybe, but not four.
Championship Predictor - final table on 13:22 - Apr 5 with 1124 viewshantssi

Championship Predictor - final table on 12:54 - Apr 5 by SydneyRs

It's weird because you have 4 teams at the top with normally top two points per game at the same time as potentially 50 being needed to stay up, when there's a limited number of points to play for.

I would have subscribed to the 50 point target a few weeks ago, but do not expect 4 teams averaging around a point per game to suddenly dramatically improve that. One possibly, two maybe, but not four.

Not a chance 50 points will be relegated, at a guess I’d say 46 will be 3rd bottom.
We can re-visit this thread in a month or so to see if we were panicking about nothing.
I’m normally VERY pessimistic about us but would suggest a win tomorrow will see us safe.
Obviously I want us to win as many games as possible but we go through this gnashing of teeth EVERY year even when we’re nearer the top than bottom!
Championship Predictor - final table on 14:00 - Apr 5 with 1052 viewssaxbend

It's true there are only so many points to play for, but there are two places the extra points can come from.

One is having unusually few draws. A draw yields two points split between the teams involved, but when one team wins the game yields three. If there aren't as many drawn games, then even the teams losing more than usual will get a higher points total than in most seasons. Except the extreme cases: Rotherham and also us and Wednesday before October/November.

The other is the gaps between the midtable and relegation threatened teams. This season there basically isn't one. It's how so many teams have got sucked in and are still involved in the relegation battle. They're all beating each other and the teams just above them, so those teams just above the are only really just out of their reach. The midtable teams are consistently losing to the top 4, and also getting beaten every so often by those struggling beneath them. They're just not losing quite as often as the teams down below.
Championship Predictor - final table on 14:10 - Apr 5 with 995 viewskensalriser

Championship Predictor - final table on 12:46 - Apr 5 by saxbend

The relegation zone looks dead on average to me - a point per game will usually have you just above or just below the line and sure enough 21st is on 40/41 and 22nd is on 40/40.

The idea that either one of Hudds or Weds and all the teams above will reach 50 points looks fanciful at this stage.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Championship Predictor - final table on 14:15 - Apr 5 with 969 viewsMaggsinho

This is interesting from The Sheffield Star at the beginning of March. Has us staying up on 46 points.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/how-many-points-do-
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024