Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millar of Preston 23:27 - Apr 20 with 4474 viewsMrSheen

Canadian on loan from Basel, I was surprised to learn. Snake hips like Herol Graham, had me terrified all game.
Millar of Preston on 23:50 - Apr 20 with 3407 viewsPhilmyRs

Best attacking player on the pitch.
Millar of Preston on 01:10 - Apr 21 with 3261 viewsbob566

He was lovely to watch. Terrified me
Millar of Preston on 01:19 - Apr 21 with 3224 viewskensalriser

Wondered why he switched sides as he’d roasted Paal a few times.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Millar of Preston on 01:21 - Apr 21 with 3219 viewsjoolsyp

He seemed to glide by our players Eze-like. Very impressive. Luckily his finishing didn’t match his pace and body-swerves today. Surprised he’s Canadian, haven’t seen him play for the national team. Sort of player I’d love to see replace Chair or Willock if either of them leave but I think Preston want him on a perm.
Millar of Preston on 01:56 - Apr 21 with 3154 viewsKaos_Agent

Millar of Preston on 01:21 - Apr 21 by joolsyp

He seemed to glide by our players Eze-like. Very impressive. Luckily his finishing didn’t match his pace and body-swerves today. Surprised he’s Canadian, haven’t seen him play for the national team. Sort of player I’d love to see replace Chair or Willock if either of them leave but I think Preston want him on a perm.

He played for Canada against Belgium in the World Cup and also in the 2023 CONCACAF Gold Cup where he scored a goal. I expect him to be a mainstay in the national squad for some time. Trivia: Liam and his Dad both played for Charlton Athletic.

"Then it has all been in vain. The fellowship has failed." "Not if we hold true to each other."

Millar of Preston on 06:17 - Apr 21 with 2957 viewsqprd

Absolute baller of a player, one of the more terrifying I’ve seen all season

Amazing work rate and was impressed he was still at us at the very end of the match

Had not rly heard of him before ystd and was surprised to learn he was Canadian!
Millar of Preston on 06:49 - Apr 21 with 2881 viewsLandshark

I thought he also looked decent but if you look at the statistics/ratings he was actually ranked the worst player of the game. Maybe he was marked down for the awful miss in the first half.
Millar of Preston on 10:02 - Apr 21 with 2497 viewsGus_iom

Worst haircut on the pitch, couldn't be doing with that
Login to get fewer ads

Millar of Preston on 10:13 - Apr 21 with 2462 viewsMrSheen

Millar of Preston on 01:19 - Apr 21 by kensalriser

Wondered why he switched sides as he’d roasted Paal a few times.

It seems to be a Lowe signature tactic, the wingers swapped about five times, but it was odd to dismantle your most dangerous advantage to nullify a lesser threat from the opposition. He would have been a delight to watch if he’d been playing someone else.
Millar of Preston on 10:51 - Apr 21 with 2345 viewsTomS

Many wingers dazzle with the ball at their feet. They can effortlessly glide past tackles and catch the eye as a result. It seems to me that very few can regularly deliver an end product. Millar just joins an ever lengthening queue of wingers I have seen who can't deliver a damaging pass or score when given the opportunity.
Millar of Preston on 11:19 - Apr 21 with 2260 viewsBostonR

Technically he was very good - a Marti player for sure. I thought their left hand sided defender was superb. Strong, quick and direct.
Millar of Preston on 12:44 - Apr 21 with 2093 viewsqprd

Millar of Preston on 10:51 - Apr 21 by TomS

Many wingers dazzle with the ball at their feet. They can effortlessly glide past tackles and catch the eye as a result. It seems to me that very few can regularly deliver an end product. Millar just joins an ever lengthening queue of wingers I have seen who can't deliver a damaging pass or score when given the opportunity.

comically harsh- what is the basis of that? that he didnt score on his one shot (which was a great save by begovic, BTW)

half the game he was playing as an inverted winger anyways, so any lack of crosses was tactical....
Millar of Preston on 13:32 - Apr 21 with 1995 viewsbosh67

He was laughing at a corner when our fans were shouting 'you've got a sh*t f*cking haircut' but that was mostly a weird form of respect because he was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. Basel have him listed at around £2m so probably too much for us but my God just the kind of player we really need. Very much a QPR maverick style player. A lot of us commented how good he was and how hard he works, and he's got a crazy turn on him as well as pace. You never know but I hope some of our staff were looking at him. Tremendous player to watch but terrifying to play against. That's why Marti brought on Smyth who did a very good job pace wise to double up on him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Millar of Preston on 13:38 - Apr 21 with 1971 viewsbosh67

Millar of Preston on 06:49 - Apr 21 by Landshark

I thought he also looked decent but if you look at the statistics/ratings he was actually ranked the worst player of the game. Maybe he was marked down for the awful miss in the first half.

I think credit Begs on that one and the stats are bollox, he was by far the best player on the pitch.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Millar of Preston on 13:57 - Apr 21 with 1923 viewsgazza1

I presume that he was Preston's No 23........he was a real handful. He is worth the club looking at him again. Showed a lot of natural talent.
Millar of Preston on 10:58 - Apr 22 with 1641 viewsMrSheen

Millar of Preston on 13:32 - Apr 21 by bosh67

He was laughing at a corner when our fans were shouting 'you've got a sh*t f*cking haircut' but that was mostly a weird form of respect because he was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. Basel have him listed at around £2m so probably too much for us but my God just the kind of player we really need. Very much a QPR maverick style player. A lot of us commented how good he was and how hard he works, and he's got a crazy turn on him as well as pace. You never know but I hope some of our staff were looking at him. Tremendous player to watch but terrifying to play against. That's why Marti brought on Smyth who did a very good job pace wise to double up on him.

Poor Kenny could see about three of him at one stage, it reminded me of Prince Naseem in his early days when his opponents couldn’t find the bloke who was battering them.
Millar of Preston on 11:01 - Apr 22 with 1614 viewscollegeranger

Millar of Preston on 10:58 - Apr 22 by MrSheen

Poor Kenny could see about three of him at one stage, it reminded me of Prince Naseem in his early days when his opponents couldn’t find the bloke who was battering them.

I thought he was hopeless - he was in front of me in the second half on the left - Dunne had him covered and he had the first touch of a baby elephant! I think they swapped him over as he was going nowhere fast on the left. Oh and he looks like Paul Calf!
[Post edited 22 Apr 11:02]
Millar of Preston on 11:29 - Apr 22 with 1496 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Millar of Preston on 11:01 - Apr 22 by collegeranger

I thought he was hopeless - he was in front of me in the second half on the left - Dunne had him covered and he had the first touch of a baby elephant! I think they swapped him over as he was going nowhere fast on the left. Oh and he looks like Paul Calf!

Paul Calf 😂
Just as well his shooting from 8 yards were a bag o shyte
Millar of Preston on 11:34 - Apr 22 with 1483 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Millar of Preston on 11:01 - Apr 22 by collegeranger

Hopeless? He tore both our fullbacks to shreds. Every time he got a one on one there was danger.

I know he's a bit of a fan favourite and he's probably the least of our problems but am I allowed to criticise Paal? He so often overpersues to cut out a pass and leaves a gaping hole behind him. He also seems to switch off and let attackers run off of him too. Happened countless times on Saturday.

I think our fullbacks have generally asked a lot of our centre halves this season (Dunne probably excepted). Fortunately since Marti and Calm arrived both JCS and Cook have been quite remarkably good.
Millar of Preston on 11:40 - Apr 22 with 1455 viewsSK_hoops

Millar of Preston on 13:32 - Apr 21 by bosh67

We spent 2 million on Dozzell and Bonne, no?
Millar of Preston on 12:01 - Apr 22 with 1414 viewsrichpr

Just another flashy player who can twist and turn all day but with no end product. We already have 10 of those. Steer clear!
Millar of Preston on 12:11 - Apr 22 with 1379 viewsPdog

Millar of Preston on 12:01 - Apr 22 by richpr

Just another flashy player who can twist and turn all day but with no end product. We already have 10 of those. Steer clear!

I tend to agree however the moment a player like this shows a glimpse of producing a consistent end product (be that through a combo of coaching, favorable position in attacking team + some youtube hype) then you flip him for £10m+
Millar of Preston on 13:08 - Apr 22 with 1230 viewsstainrods_elbow

Millar of Preston on 01:21 - Apr 21 by joolsyp

He more reminded me of Lee Cook, but with a touch more/less quality.

I miss Lee.
[Post edited 22 Apr 16:11]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Millar of Preston on 13:17 - Apr 22 with 1223 viewsslmrstid

Personally he frightened the life out of me every time he had the ball, I thought he was an excellent player.
Millar of Preston on 13:56 - Apr 22 with 1117 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Yes, he really stood out, not just for the barnet.

Someone had posted on the match thread to watch out for him as he was back from injury.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024