Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andersen 07:11 - Apr 21 with 7844 viewsNorthantsHoop

I see there is some posts on here saying Andersen was a bit poor yesterday, didn't see that myself, he is one of the reasons that we are out of the mess we got ourselves in. Really rate him and his assists and delivery from set pieces a major factor in our improvement. Looks and is a very good signing.
Andersen on 19:33 - Apr 21 with 2288 viewsjtuck

Hands off Lucas! Yes, he was not up to his usual standard yesterday and looked like he is struggling for fitness. But he has been a revelation since his arrival and is the best passer of the ball on the team. Also, his impact as a senior pro should not be minimized. He said in an interview a few weeks ago that he, Steve Cook and Jimmy Dunne have a 'coffee club' where they regularly meet up after training. That mutual respect on and off the field is crucial and that trio should be the heartbeat of the team next season.

LAranger

Andersen on 21:20 - Apr 21 with 2160 viewsVancouverHoop

He said in an interview a few weeks ago that he, Steve Cook and Jimmy Dunne have a 'coffee club' where they regularly meet up after training.

Interesting. I guess it could be a coincidence the offensive play of our full backs, especially at corners, has increased since Andersen arrived but I'm guessing it isn't.

That said, I agree he didn't play well yesterday. And, based on his body language, he felt the same way. Still he gives us what Dozzell and possibly Amos, we're supposed to provide but never could. That important passing link from mid-field forward.
[Post edited 21 Apr 21:21]
Andersen on 10:10 - Apr 22 with 1894 viewsTheChef

Andersen on 13:32 - Apr 21 by Antti_Heinola

Not really seeing this at all. Funny how everyone sees players differently. Most of the threat came down their right, I didn't think Paal did much wrong, solid 6. Fox came on more to give us that extra height and heading ability.
We're not going to be binning off the number of players some fans seem to think we will.

Given that Paal has played nearly every minute of this season, it's not that surprising if he's a bit fatigued!

Still our first choice left back for me - but of course if fresher alternatives are available then it's down to the manager re who plays.

Re Andersen, not surprising that he's struggling with fitness too I think. But he should be good with a full pre-season. Pleased we have him.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Andersen on 10:36 - Apr 22 with 1863 viewsStrawberryHillR

Andersen on 10:10 - Apr 22 by TheChef

Given that Paal has played nearly every minute of this season, it's not that surprising if he's a bit fatigued!

Still our first choice left back for me - but of course if fresher alternatives are available then it's down to the manager re who plays.

Re Andersen, not surprising that he's struggling with fitness too I think. But he should be good with a full pre-season. Pleased we have him.

Paal has played more minutes this season than any other outfield player and has contributed 4 goals from left back. He didn't have a great game yesterday but he is probably running on fumes at this stage.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/queens-park-rangers/leistungsdaten/verein/1039
[Post edited 22 Apr 10:36]
Andersen on 10:49 - Apr 22 with 1816 viewsrobith

Paal did not have a good game on Sat, but he looked absolutely knackered.

Overall I like him, one of the few Beale recruits who seems to genuinely care and always gives his best.

Andersen was a mixed bag yesterday, but a combination of no preseason and tbh I think he wants to play through the line, but Marti has us set up flatter to make us more competitive. In fact a lot of people around me are always screaming/bemoaning we don't shoot around the edge of the box, but it's clearly instructions from Marti cos we are obviously weak in transition (and have been since Warbz) and it's best not to gift the oppo too many counter attacks
Andersen on 10:50 - Apr 22 with 1817 viewsQPRConor2000

You can tell Lucas is a decent player.

I think his lack of fitness and mistakes on Saturday comes from not playing that much, hopefully he has a decent pre season and we see the best of him next season.

[Post edited 22 Apr 10:51]
Andersen on 10:55 - Apr 22 with 1791 viewsWatford_Ranger

Andersen on 10:49 - Apr 22 by robith

Paal did not have a good game on Sat, but he looked absolutely knackered.

Overall I like him, one of the few Beale recruits who seems to genuinely care and always gives his best.

Andersen was a mixed bag yesterday, but a combination of no preseason and tbh I think he wants to play through the line, but Marti has us set up flatter to make us more competitive. In fact a lot of people around me are always screaming/bemoaning we don't shoot around the edge of the box, but it's clearly instructions from Marti cos we are obviously weak in transition (and have been since Warbz) and it's best not to gift the oppo too many counter attacks

Tough game for the full-backs Friday against Gnonto and Summerville. Not much we can do if they’re at their best but maybe one for Fox and maybe wise to start Smyth on the right.
Andersen on 13:16 - Apr 22 with 1635 viewsstainrods_elbow

Andersen on 10:55 - Apr 22 by Watford_Ranger

Tough game for the full-backs Friday against Gnonto and Summerville. Not much we can do if they’re at their best but maybe one for Fox and maybe wise to start Smyth on the right.

I originally said I was ambivalent about Andersen, but I'm really not. He has that bit of flair (both in his hair and feet) and footballing finesse that make him look like a QPR player from top to toe. If he'd never been (ours), we'd have had to invent him - or something. If Marti can get him a bit fitter, rebalance the front six, and buy him a blue and white bandana for his birthday, he can rip it up at this level next season.
[Post edited 22 Apr 13:16]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Andersen on 13:58 - Apr 22 with 1570 viewsWegerles_Stairs

He's definitely been less effective recently, though you could argue that if he'd scored all of the shots he's narrowly missed in those matches, we'd be having another discussion. He's only 29, so one would think he's still got plenty left in his legs and with a full pre-season will be a valuable player next season.
Andersen on 16:39 - Apr 22 with 1440 viewsgazza1

This is an Anderson thhread but as posters are 'digging out' Paal, just to say he is a decent LB for us in the Championship and if we get more of the ball in the last 3rd he will be even better. Knows where the goal is too. We should keep him unless a bigger and better LB comes into play - no player at the club is better than him at LB atm.
Andersen on 21:29 - Apr 22 with 1289 viewsstainrods_elbow

Andersen on 16:39 - Apr 22 by gazza1

This is an Anderson thhread but as posters are 'digging out' Paal, just to say he is a decent LB for us in the Championship and if we get more of the ball in the last 3rd he will be even better. Knows where the goal is too. We should keep him unless a bigger and better LB comes into play - no player at the club is better than him at LB atm.

Who else have we got? It's a bit like Suggs joking that Mike Barson is the best keyboard player in Madness!

Andersen on 21:59 - Apr 22 with 1273 viewsDorse

Andersen on 13:16 - Apr 22 by stainrods_elbow

I originally said I was ambivalent about Andersen, but I'm really not. He has that bit of flair (both in his hair and feet) and footballing finesse that make him look like a QPR player from top to toe. If he'd never been (ours), we'd have had to invent him - or something. If Marti can get him a bit fitter, rebalance the front six, and buy him a blue and white bandana for his birthday, he can rip it up at this level next season.
[Post edited 22 Apr 13:16]

I think you're right, though probably not about the bandana. I like him a lot. He plays with his head up and never seems to just play a 'percentage ball' into an area: he's always got a runner in mind. I think he'll have a big part to play next season.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Andersen on 22:06 - Apr 22 with 1237 viewsstainrods_elbow

Andersen on 21:59 - Apr 22 by Dorse

I think you're right, though probably not about the bandana. I like him a lot. He plays with his head up and never seems to just play a 'percentage ball' into an area: he's always got a runner in mind. I think he'll have a big part to play next season.

Especially if we can get one or two more of those 'runners'!

Although he's a different kind of player with his own gifts, Chair could, and should, learn a lot from him, especially re getting his head up, playing more selflessly, and understanding the virtue and value of 'more haste less speed' rather than snatching at things.

Andersen on 19:08 - Apr 23 with 1088 viewsNorthantsHoop

Fantastic mullet worth his place in the team just for that, can see his flowing locks gliding passed the Leeds defence on Friday night.
Andersen on 11:13 - Apr 27 with 766 viewsEastR

Andersen on 10:04 - Apr 21 by EastR

He's overdue a goal, it's a shame we got that free kick on the edge of the box 30 secs after he'd been subbed he would have taken that.
He'll score in one of the final two games.

Andersen goal, Colback card, beer tokens galore and the champions of Europe were lucky to get 'nil'

A night for the ages

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Andersen on 17:40 - Apr 27 with 627 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Much better from the Danish Jesus yesterday. Good to see him finally get on the scoresheet. A good pre-season will hopefully see him improve his fitness.
Andersen on 21:18 - Apr 27 with 444 viewsrichpr

https://www.augusta.com/masters/players/bios/Tommy_Fleetwood

Twin brother??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024