Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are not safe!!! 22:50 - Apr 21 with 11587 viewshopekillsyou

The premature articulation from many that “ we are safe now” is….err, premature and possibly shows that many Rs supporters can’t add up. We are not out of the shit yet. We need more points , two would do for me , although three would be gilt edged, but my optimism doesn’t run that far.
Wednesday appear to in good shape and Birmingham can be unpredictable.
Blackburn and Plymouth are too close to us. At this stage of the season, strange things happen.
I’m not relaxed, in fact I’m still stressed , wary, apprehensive and very grateful for the Preston keeper.
We are not safe!!! on 09:38 - Apr 22 with 2310 viewseastside_r

We are not safe!!! on 09:32 - Apr 22 by Bluce_Ree

This is how not safe we are. If we lose and results don't go our way, this is the final day of the season for us.

If we lose and everything goes badly this week in the other games (inc. Brum beating Hudds), it'll look like this.

20 - QPR - 50 (vs Coventry away, 8th)
21 - Sheff Weds - 50 (vs Sunderland away, 13th)
----
22 - Birmingham - 49 (vs Norwich, 6th)
23 - Huddersfield - 44
24 - Rotherham

Yes this. Exactly.
We are not safe!!! on 09:39 - Apr 22 with 2305 viewsStanFan

We are not safe, but it would take 4 teams to overtake us to relegate us. Even if we lose our last 2 games, that means:
Blackburn getting at least 1 point
Plymouth getting at least 2
Wednesday getting at least 4
Birmingham getting at least 4
All 4 of those need to happen to relegate us. And, of course, we may pick up some points, which will make those requirements even higher. That is why the odds are 50/1 or longer.
(I'm ignoring Huddersfield as they would need 2 very big wins).
We are not safe!!! on 09:41 - Apr 22 with 2294 viewsCroydonCaptJack

We are not safe!!! on 07:05 - Apr 22 by cpgerber

Plymouth, Blackburn and Birmingham all on better goal difference as it stands, so they need to finish BELOW us.

The best situation for us is Huddersfield beats Birmingham this weekend and, to add an extra measure, WBA beating Sheffield Wednesday. Even then we're not out of the woods yet, unless we get something from the Leeds game. Then we are 100% safe.

Blackburn could easily lose both remaining games (Coventry and Leicester), so there is an escape option also.

I don't see Plymouth getting nothing from Milwall away and Hull home, so I would guess they would still pick up some points.

Beat Leeds and we're safe, no matter what. Simple as that.

If Huddersfield beat Brum then Brum cannot catch us. Huddersfield can only then catch us by overturning a large GD. WBA beating Sheff Wed would mean the same for Sheff Wed who have an even worse GD.
Either of those make us safe barring an almighty GD swing.
We are not safe!!! on 09:56 - Apr 22 with 2205 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

We are not safe!!! on 23:02 - Apr 21 by SydneyRs

I got 250/1 on us being relegated so the bookies clearly think we are.

Did you bet on QPR being relegated?

DonnieR

We are not safe!!! on 09:57 - Apr 22 with 2181 viewsRangersw12

Stoke don't seem to be mentioned yet have Southampton away Saturday and then Bristol City at home !
We are not safe!!! on 10:04 - Apr 22 with 2086 viewsCroydonCaptJack

We are not safe!!! on 09:57 - Apr 22 by Rangersw12

Stoke don't seem to be mentioned yet have Southampton away Saturday and then Bristol City at home !

Good point. Identical points and GD too so maybe they can get beaten in their two games by more than us. Certainly not impossible and should they lose Saturday they could well be in the mix on the last day.
We are not safe!!! on 10:12 - Apr 22 with 2054 viewsNortholt_Rs

We are not safe!!! on 23:20 - Apr 21 by colinallcars

We need Huddersfield to beat the Brummies next weekend then we should be OK.
Leeds and Coventry are hardly easy games.
I came away from the match yesterday in significantly higher spirits but the realisation has come upon me that there are still obstacles to overcome.
What on earth happened at Blackburn ?

Blackburn giving Weds 7,500 has to go down as one of the most suicidal decisions ever made by a club if they now go on to be relegated. It completely annulled any form of home advantage for a must win/must not lose game. Total insanity! I love that we are now only giving away fans the upper School End. This has dramatically improved the home atmosphere at LR. We need to keep this in place forever.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

We are not safe!!! on 10:16 - Apr 22 with 2012 viewsLazyFan

Remember, we are on Sky, and we already have our token win on Sky against PNE.

Huddersfield needs to beat Brum, and then we will be safe on the massive GD we have against Hudders.
That is the key game we watch this weekend after getting beat 2-0 by the Sky Curse.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

We are not safe!!! on 10:21 - Apr 22 with 1975 viewsdaveB

We are not safe!!! on 10:16 - Apr 22 by LazyFan

Huddersfield needs to beat Brum, and then we will be safe on the massive GD we have against Hudders.
That is the key game we watch this weekend after getting beat 2-0 by the Sky Curse.

We've only lost once on Sky this season
We are not safe!!! on 10:35 - Apr 22 with 1913 viewsSydneyRs

We are not safe!!! on 09:56 - Apr 22 by SouthAfricanRanger

Did you bet on QPR being relegated?

Yes, as I want compensation if it happens. Also the fact I've had a bet should ensure it doesn't happen.
We are not safe!!! on 10:42 - Apr 22 with 1870 viewsCamberleyR

We are not safe!!! on 10:16 - Apr 22 by LazyFan

"Huddersfield needs to beat Brum, and then we will be safe on the massive GD we have against Hudders"

If West Brom beat SW on Saturday then we are safe as well due to the massive GD advantage over SW.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

We are not safe!!! on 10:42 - Apr 22 with 1872 viewsWatford_Ranger

We are not safe!!! on 10:12 - Apr 22 by Northolt_Rs

Blackburn giving Weds 7,500 has to go down as one of the most suicidal decisions ever made by a club if they now go on to be relegated. It completely annulled any form of home advantage for a must win/must not lose game. Total insanity! I love that we are now only giving away fans the upper School End. This has dramatically improved the home atmosphere at LR. We need to keep this in place forever.

Blackburn have a woeful home support anyway. Not much any fan can do when the goalkeeper lets a backpass in.
We are not safe!!! on 10:47 - Apr 22 with 1854 viewsQPRConor2000

We are not safe!!! on 10:12 - Apr 22 by Northolt_Rs

Im glad we do that now, its definitely noticeable how the atmosphere has improved when we only give the upper tier to away fans.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did actually look at selling season tickets in the school lower next year, especially as attendances continue to increase.
We are not safe!!! on 11:15 - Apr 22 with 1709 viewsfrancisbowles

We are not safe!!! on 10:42 - Apr 22 by CamberleyR

"Huddersfield needs to beat Brum, and then we will be safe on the massive GD we have against Hudders"

If West Brom beat SW on Saturday then we are safe as well due to the massive GD advantage over SW.

We need to ensure that we don't have a repeat of the Hull game where fast nippy forwards and skilful creative midfielders stretch our full backs and run through us.

One very poor result for us and a decent win for Huddersfield could see that goal difference shrink dramatically.
We are not safe!!! on 11:21 - Apr 22 with 1656 viewsWatford_Ranger

We are not safe!!! on 11:15 - Apr 22 by francisbowles

We need to ensure that we don't have a repeat of the Hull game where fast nippy forwards and skilful creative midfielders stretch our full backs and run through us.

One very poor result for us and a decent win for Huddersfield could see that goal difference shrink dramatically.

If we lost both games 3-0 they’d still have to win both games with a combined +5 GD and it would mean Birmingham would be below us guaranteed. I know we can be a pessimistic bunch but that would be some catastrophe even for us.
We are not safe!!! on 11:43 - Apr 22 with 1587 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

We are not safe!!! on 10:35 - Apr 22 by SydneyRs

Yes, as I want compensation if it happens. Also the fact I've had a bet should ensure it doesn't happen.

Ok then.

DonnieR

We are not safe!!! on 11:43 - Apr 22 with 1582 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Birmingham will obviously beat Huddersfield.

Sheff Weds wining at Sunderland on the last day also feels like a total inevitability to me.

That means Birmingham only need a point at home to Norwich and Weds only need a point this weekend at home to WBA.

I can see Plymouth wither winning at Millwall or at home to Hull on the last day when they need it.

Weirdly the teams I'm most confident in finishing above if we lose our last two would be Blackburn losing to Leicester and Coventry or Stoke losing to Southampton and Bristol City by more than we lose to Leeds and Cov.

It just feels like these teams have been pulling results out of the bag since Christmas when we've been desperate for them to fall away.

Just beat Leeds and it's all immaterial.
We are not safe!!! on 12:21 - Apr 22 with 1428 viewshubble

Why will Birmingham "obviously beat Huddersfield"?

There's nothing obvious in that result, or indeed, any other results. The only thing we do know is that it is almost impossible to predict what will happen, especially in the Championship. And for that reason, probability and logic are better bedfellows than scaremongering and panic.

It is, using probability, highly unlikely that we will end up in the bottom three. Nevertheless, it is not impossible. But I think we can have cause for optimism, especially following Saturday's result. I fancy us to take a point off Leeds and beat Coventry on the final day. At least we don't have too long to wait now!
[Post edited 22 Apr 12:23]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

We are not safe!!! on 12:41 - Apr 22 with 1317 viewsWatford_Ranger

We are not safe!!! on 12:21 - Apr 22 by hubble

There's nothing obvious in that result, or indeed, any other results. The only thing we do know is that it is almost impossible to predict what will happen, especially in the Championship. And for that reason, probability and logic are better bedfellows than scaremongering and panic.

It is, using probability, highly unlikely that we will end up in the bottom three. Nevertheless, it is not impossible. But I think we can have cause for optimism, especially following Saturday's result. I fancy us to take a point off Leeds and beat Coventry on the final day. At least we don't have too long to wait now!

Indeed. I wouldn’t trust Birmingham to beat San Marino’s U21 girls’ team. Awful again at the weekend apparently. Huddersfield atrocious too and their fans are really kicking off. Would’ve been a great game for our Sky overlords to televise
We are not safe!!! on 12:48 - Apr 22 with 1289 viewsbaz_qpr

Personally I prefer to go with the pessimism and still consider us to be doomed, until we are not. Its worked for me this year.

Leeds is one of those games that can go a number of ways. Chair will be wanting to impress as they have fancied him for some time, Marti has to get his tactics bang on, dangerous for us to go too open. If they score early we have to ensure we dont harm our GD.

Forget the other games its in our hands and will be to the last game that's all we can ask for. 2 draws or 1 win required
We are not safe!!! on 12:49 - Apr 22 with 1286 viewsJuzzie

This is why gambling is a multi £billion industry.
We are not safe!!! on 13:00 - Apr 22 with 1220 viewsFrankRightguard

This is all a bit panicky lads. If you could rely on any of the teams down here picking up points we wouldn’t be down here at all. It’ll tighten up a touch but feel we’ll be fine.
We are not safe!!! on 13:16 - Apr 22 with 1127 viewsLandshark

I'm probably the most pessimistic person on the planet but we're not going down. We're not getting another point this season and we're not going down. The teams below us have shown no signs they are capable of winning the games they have so I doubt they are going to change now. It's going to take a monumental swing in fortunes for us to go down.
We are not safe!!! on 13:17 - Apr 22 with 1126 viewsNorthantsHoop

We really need to go for it on Friday and get the win, always feel confident if we get ahead then likely to get a positive result. Must admit I don't fancy us having to win at Coventry on last day of the season to secure our safety.
We are not safe!!! on 13:41 - Apr 22 with 1008 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Because that's how life (and this god forsaken season) goes. Nothing more than that!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024