Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock - Will He Stay? 08:51 - Apr 27 with 6494 viewsNorthantsHoop

Willock has got his mojo back, links up really with Andersen. Interesting to see if he signs up to a new deal or will he move on as we suspect?
Willock - Will He Stay? on 17:47 - Apr 27 with 1050 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Willock - Will He Stay? on 17:36 - Apr 27 by E15Hoop

As I have already said, history is history, and not relevant to the topic of this particular thread, which is the point I (and others) have been making.
I doubt for one moment that Willock's treatment at the hands of someone who departed the club 6 months ago, however you wish to characterise it, is informing his decision about whether to stay or go.
Or have I misread the thread's subject heading?

No, you haven't bothered to read all of the posts so you're oblivious to the flow of the thread. A handful of folk suggested that Willock shouldn't be offered an extension based on his performances under Ainsworth. Others have countered that the performances were partly attributable to Ainsworth's tactics and handling of the player. It's entirely relevant.
Willock - Will He Stay? on 17:56 - Apr 27 with 969 viewsQPR_Jim

I think it's probably best all around if he moves on. If we keep him we'll only end up pointing at next season's L1 player tearing up the championship and say why didn't we get him. He's a good player but not irreplaceable and age and injury record suggesting it would be a bad bet to chuck all our money on.

Not sure what Ainsworth has to do with the conversation, poor manager but Willock was poor for Critchley before he arrived.
Willock - Will He Stay? on 18:03 - Apr 27 with 936 viewsE15Hoop

Willock - Will He Stay? on 17:47 - Apr 27 by E15Hoop

Yet again, another cheap shot at someone who just happens to think its somewhat less than honourable behaviour to consistently trash the reputation of an individual who was proud to represent the club and gave it his whole enrgy and commitment, to the point where it clearly was taking a visible toll on his physical and emotional health.

I'm sure we could all think of at least one other figure from the recent past who is objectively more deserving of that kind of treatment...

Although, of course, how stupid of me to forget, that particular person is exonerated from any kind of finger-pointing in this particular context because he "fancied Willock" to the point where he was having to deny rumours in public that he was going to "take advantage of a situation" to swoop in with a cut-price deal to snaffle him up to Glasgow.

Maybe...just maybe...Willock's head was turned by all this attention to the point where Ainsworth felt he wasn't committed to the cause. I do remember one West London Sport interview where Ian McCullough asked Ainsworth directly about why he wasn't selecting Willock at that point to which the answer came that he needed to improve his fitness, and "Chris knows what he needs to do".

Now I will happily admit that I have no inside information on this, but I would suggest its a plausible alternative view.
Willock - Will He Stay? on 18:13 - Apr 27 with 904 viewsHammersmithR

Would be a very odd move to go to Sunderland. They don’t have a manager. It would mean leaving the greatest city in the lane for a very grim part of the country. I’d be amazed if Sunderland are anywhere near the mix for promotion next season. But if he goes we move on. No one is bigger than the club.
Willock - Will He Stay? on 18:20 - Apr 27 with 855 viewsGus_iom

Willock - Will He Stay? on 18:13 - Apr 27 by HammersmithR

Would be a very odd move to go to Sunderland. They don’t have a manager. It would mean leaving the greatest city in the lane for a very grim part of the country. I’d be amazed if Sunderland are anywhere near the mix for promotion next season. But if he goes we move on. No one is bigger than the club.

We're much more of a threat when he's on it, but I don't trust him enough to want him to be a player we rely on.

And to the pious ones, we are allowed to speculate, it's one of the reasons message boards exist.
Willock - Will He Stay? on 18:21 - Apr 27 with 850 views1JD

Willock - Will He Stay? on 17:47 - Apr 27 by E15Hoop

Yet again, another cheap shot at someone who just happens to think its somewhat less than honourable behaviour to consistently trash the reputation of an individual who was proud to represent the club and gave it his whole enrgy and commitment, to the point where it clearly was taking a visible toll on his physical and emotional health.

I'm sure we could all think of at least one other figure from the recent past who is objectively more deserving of that kind of treatment...

Come on E15, if you try and police what people should or shouldn’t be taking about by claiming the moral high ground, people will probably respond in kind.

The Ainsworth topic is obviously a touchy subject for you for whatever reason, perhaps because you were so invested in his success or know him personally.

But it’s a public messageboard and people are free to express their views. Also insinuating some haven’t moved on…. is a bit rich coming from the person who walked straight back into the Ainsworth topic at the first mention! 🙄 enjoy your Saturday evening, we are staying up!
Willock - Will He Stay? on 18:23 - Apr 27 with 833 viewsE15Hoop

Willock - Will He Stay? on 18:13 - Apr 27 by HammersmithR

The one thought that crossed my mind about this rumour - besides the possibility that its simply a money thing - would be that its close to his brother Joe of course.
Willock - Will He Stay? on 18:27 - Apr 27 with 813 viewsE15Hoop

Willock - Will He Stay? on 18:21 - Apr 27 by 1JD

Come on E15, if you try and police what people should or shouldn’t be taking about by claiming the moral high ground, people will probably respond in kind.

The Ainsworth topic is obviously a touchy subject for you for whatever reason, perhaps because you were so invested in his success or know him personally.

But it’s a public messageboard and people are free to express their views. Also insinuating some haven’t moved on…. is a bit rich coming from the person who walked straight back into the Ainsworth topic at the first mention! 🙄 enjoy your Saturday evening, we are staying up!

Fair enough, JD. Indeed we are..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024